ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Another Bob Dole NFBT Rant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=30180)

Brock 04-09-2002 06:04 PM

And it's yet ANOTHER thing for neighborhood busybodies to come around to tell you to fix your yard.

You were much nicer than I would have been, Bob.

Dave Lane 04-09-2002 06:05 PM

I, like Bob Dole, find almost no use for organized religion as well. And I have no interest or possiblibly any ability to change someone elses mind and therefore do not read or post to the religious threads. This is one of the big things that irk me about religious people. They don't do anything! They sit in their pew and talk a good talk whilst they rub Ole Ned and figit about. But they never contribute money to the poor, go door to door doing good deeds or do anything else other than offer stale pancakes on signs for passerbys. I believe in helping people in need and I don't need someone coming in and telling me to contribute to a church so they can spend it all on overhead. Meet in a tent give the contibutions to the poor and go about your life. I find major hypocrisy here.</stump>

I like what you said and agree if you don't have a lawnmower what can you do? If they are so worried they should get theirs out and please the lord!

Dave

Bob Dole 04-09-2002 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tommykat
...one thing to tell someone the reason.....another to CHOOSE not to buy lawn equipment again. (notice???? choose????) your choice not to buy, but I would think you would like your yard to look good.
You must have missed the "new" part.

Bob Dole fully intends to buy a used mower and weed whacker. Bob Dole sure as shit isn't going to rush out and buy <b>new</b> ones. Unfortunately, the Used Lawn Equipment Outlet has been full of complete crap the last few times Bob Dole went shopping, so Bob Dole is dependent on a well-off acquaintance's cast-offs.

(Hoobastank is done and Monster Magnet is playing... Don't quibble with Bob Dole.) :p

Nelson Muntz 04-09-2002 06:09 PM

OMG Mr Dole
you are my hero:D

I don't think it was out of line at all, I just wish i could have been there to see it. I just about p*ssed my pants readin it.

tommykat 04-09-2002 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Robert_Dole
You must have missed the "new" part.

Bob Dole fully intends to buy a used mower and weed whacker. Bob Dole sure as shit isn't going to rush out and buy <b>new</b> ones. Unfortunately, the Used Lawn Equipment Outlet has been full of complete crap the last few times Bob Dole went shopping, so Bob Dole is dependent on a well-off acquaintance's cast-offs.

(Hoobastank is done and Monster Magnet is playing... Don't quibble with Bob Dole.) :p

And u can't afford $100 bucks for a lawn mower? And a weed eater? Thank you:D....I make about 40 less than u but manage to get what I need to take care of my lawn.

Bob Dole 04-09-2002 06:15 PM

Quote:

And u can't afford $100 bucks for a lawn mower? And a weed eater? Thank you:D....I make about 40 less than u but manage to get what I need to take care of my lawn.
Bob Dole hasn't seen any good mower+weedeater combo meals for $100 lately.

And while the lawn isn't neatly trimmed at present, it's a long way from hideous. Bob Dole is just trying to let it go to seed to enhance its lushness. Yeah...that's it.

(Space Lord mother mother...)

Multi1 04-09-2002 06:21 PM

Dave Lane,

Please read my last post. You seem to be confusing religion and Christianity. The two are as far apart as day and night. Organized religion is of man, Christianity is of God. Simple difference but alot of people cannot make the distinction. I'm sure that some people do not care about the difference because they don't want any kind of either in their life. In one man's opinion that is too bad. There are some great benefits to being a Christian. Being part of organized religion does not make you a Christian, it means you go to that brand of church.

Believe me there is a difference.

Rain Man 04-09-2002 06:26 PM

Kevin the BB poster thinks that a few of you are just sucking up to Dole because he's a U.S. Senator and former presidential nominee. While Kevin the capital-punishment-for-petty-theft proponent sympathizes with the Senator's lawn equipment plight, Kevin the homeowner thinks the Senator should go rent an apartment if he doesn't want to take care of his lawn. Kevin the neighborhood nazi has asked neighborhood residents to get their act together on occasion when they have dragged Kevin the future retiree's house value down with their slovenliness.

I should explain too that I'm somewhat ticked off about yard stuff today. For the first time ever, I planted a bunch of bulbs in my yard, and have been pleased to see them come up. We had three beautiful hyacinths bloom a couple of days ago - my first homegrown flowers ever - and SOME IDIOT CAME INTO OUR YARD AND STOLE THEM YESTERDAY! I still can't &$@@(#*!! believe that.

NaptownChief 04-09-2002 06:30 PM

My rider blow up last fall...Just went and bought a new Husqvarna rider yesterday. I highly recommend. Top of the line quality with a much better price than John Deere and Cub Cadet.

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/

philfree 04-09-2002 06:34 PM

That's it! My wife wants me to break out the leaf blower/sucker and remove the leaves from the front yard. I however don't think a little leaf on the ground every 10' or so looks so bad. Besides I don't even have a tree in my front yard. Thanks to Dole I now have a new plan. I'm going to steal my own leaf blower! Maybe I can pawn it for a little pocket money. Wonder what I can get for the rake?

PhilFree;)

Rain Man 04-09-2002 06:36 PM

I better not catch you trying to fence my hyacinths, phil. (See post 22.)

Mosbonian 04-09-2002 06:38 PM

Where to start????????

Bob:

While I might(and emphasize might) understand the request of the gentleman, his modus operandi stunk.....

I agree with what has been already stated...maybe asking if the Youth Group could do the yard work as a project...maybe the men of the church could volunteer to do it also.(Our Men's group has a rotation schedule for assisting in yard work for those who need a hand, whether for an elderly widow, someone who has had a loved one pass away recently, or someone who is temporarily incapable due to surgeries)

Your visitor, and all of those who elected him to visit you, missed the meaning of Christian charity, and for that those of us who are Christians apologize.

Logical 04-09-2002 06:41 PM

Quote:

Sanctimonious garbage or poorly contstructed sarcasm, you be the judge.

Meanwhile, I will say way to go Senator :toast: what kind of man of God would not take a ministry because the grass was a couple of inches too high anyway?:rolleyes:

Mosbonian 04-09-2002 06:42 PM

Tom....

Thank you for eloquently stating my position, and saving me the energy of posting that same thought...

mark

philfree 04-09-2002 06:42 PM

No I wouldn't fence the flowers but maybe I could give them to my wife to suck up for not removing the leaves.

PhilFree
~pays $20.00 a pop to have his yard mowed and weed wacked~