ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333225)

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:11 AM

****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****

Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.

staylor26 08-28-2020 10:18 AM

LMAO

God forbid you don’t have a thread to suck Lebron’s dick in

Sassy Squatch 08-28-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15135859)
LMAO

Nah, that thread ban is pretty silly. That thread was nothing but politics for well over a day.

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15135859)
LMAO

Or a thread for you to hate on him. The LeBron/MJ content has to go somewhere.

htismaqe 08-28-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15135862)
Nah, that thread ban is pretty silly. That thread was nothing but politics for well over a day.

It was. And when the mods stepped in, pretty much everybody stopped.

Pretty much everybody.

staylor26 08-28-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15135866)
Or a thread for you to hate on him. The LeBron/MJ content has to go somewhere.

Meant to upvote. Just giving you shit.

The way I see it, everything has become so political that it’s hard to keep it out of any discussion.

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

MIL over ORL in 4
TOR over BKN in 4
BOS over PHI in 7
MIA over IND in 6

LAL over POR in 5
LAC over DAL in 5
DEN over UTA in 6
OKC over HOU in 7

MIL over MIA in 6
TOR over BOS in 7

LAL over OKC in 6
LAC over DEN in 6

MIL over TOR in 6
LAC over LAL in 7

MIL over LAC in 6
I'll also take this opportunity to review my pre-playoffs picks as well. If I got to change anything, I'd go with the Clippers over the Bucks in 7. I think that Clippers team we saw against the Mavs in game 5 can't really be beaten.

I'll stick with OKC and Denver too even though Westbrook is coming back tomorrow. I just love what SGA does for OKC.

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15135869)
It was. And when the mods stepped in, pretty much everybody stopped.

Pretty much everybody.

I've been one of the few steering it back towards basketball for a while now so don't give me that. I was also fairly neutral on the whole boycott issue (I believe you even rep'd one of my posts).

htismaqe 08-28-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15135876)
I've been one of the few steering it back towards basketball for a while now so don't give me that. I was also fairly neutral on the whole boycott issue (I believe you even rep'd one of my posts).

I'm not going to pollute your new thread with it because you're making an effort to separate the discussion and talk about basketball. But you know exactly what you did, just this morning, and it wasn't at all trying to be neutral or steer back towards basketball.

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15135871)
Meant up upvote. Just giving you shit.

The way I see it, everything has become so political that it’s hard to keep it out of any discussion.

Well it's hard when NBA players commenced a near historic boycott/strike based on political issues, that's for sure.

It seems cooler heads prevailed and we'll be back to basketball tomorrow though.

htismaqe 08-28-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15135881)
Well it's hard when NBA players commenced a near historic boycott/strike based on political issues, that's for sure.

It seems cooler heads prevailed and we'll be back to basketball tomorrow though.

:thumb:

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15135879)
I'm not going to pollute your new thread with it because you're making an effort to separate the discussion and talk about basketball. But you know exactly what you did, just this morning, and it wasn't at all trying to be neutral or steer back towards basketball.

It was commenting/responding to a post about the propensity of people at this time to forgive indiscretions and to go above and beyond to defend politicians simply because they are on their "team." Sorry if that offended anybody, but that's quite literally the environment we find ourselves in right now. I'm happy to say it goes on for both sides if you want. It's an extremely polarized time.

But anyway I wanted to get away from this discussion and move on.

lcarus 08-28-2020 10:35 AM

If the Bucks make it to the finals, I would expect whoever comes out of the west to wipe the floor with them.

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15135892)
If the Bucks make it to the finals, I would expect whoever comes out of the west to wipe the floor with them.

I didn't expect that based on what I saw in the regular season, but we've been here before with that team. Middleton is blowing it again in the playoffs and I think he'll continue to.

The Raptors would be a difficult Finals opponent for the Clippers as well, but I don't think they could score enough to win it.

Bearcat 08-28-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15135888)
It was commenting/responding to a post about the propensity of people at this time to forgive indiscretions and to go above and beyond to defend politicians simply because they are on their "team." Sorry if that offended anybody, but that's quite literally the environment we find ourselves in right now. I'm happy to say it goes on for both sides if you want. It's an extremely polarized time.

I didn't pull the trigger, but your post was reported out of all the others and for good reason. If we banned everything remotely touching politics these days, there would be nothing left to talk about... but, anyone walking the line takes the risk.

There's nothing "snowflake" about it (which is ironic considering the "extremely polarized time" comment); people are just tired of reading all of that shit, yet so many others want to go down that hole. So, we either ban 20+ people from that thread or draw the line somewhere.

That's all I'll say, so no need to further the conversation... this thread is a good idea. In this ****ed up world, it's like we need a "social issues" version of these threads and one that's about the actual sport/topic. :doh!:

Pepe Silvia 08-28-2020 10:47 AM

Won’t happen. Someone’s going to fart and get it cancelled.

dirk digler 08-28-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15135909)
I didn't pull the trigger, but your post was reported out of all the others and for good reason. If we banned everything remotely touching politics these days, there would be nothing left to talk about... but, anyone walking the line takes the risk.

There's nothing "snowflake" about it (which is ironic considering the "extremely polarized time" comment); people are just tired of reading all of that shit, yet so many others want to go down that hole. So, we either ban 20+ people from that thread or draw the line somewhere.

That's all I'll say, so no need to further the conversation... this thread is a good idea. In this ****ed up world, it's like we need a "social issues" version of these threads and one that's about the actual sport/topic. :doh!:

Could you lock my thread?

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

I'd personally call anybody reporting that post a "snowflake" considering what had gone on in that thread for days prior to it, but we can agree to disagree.

And yes, I think a purely basketball thread is much needed after the events of the past few days.

Sassy Squatch 08-28-2020 10:51 AM

So we're officially back tomorrow. Please, OKC, knock the Rockets out so we don't have to watch their painfully boring brand of basketball.

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 15135914)
Won’t happen. Someone’s going to fart and get it cancelled.

If the events of the past few days didn't get it cancelled, nothing will. Too many millions on the line for everyone. A championship will be awarded and we can only hope LeBron will be on the winning side.

Bwana 08-28-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15135919)
Could you lock my thread?

Yep

Hopefully we can keep the political BS out of this one.

eDave 08-28-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15135929)

:LOL:

dirk digler 08-28-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15135929)
Yep

Thank you. It was from 2011 it needed to be dead. :)

Bwana 08-28-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15135936)
Thank you. It was from 2011 it needed to be dead. :)

It lived a long illustrious life, RIP. :D

htismaqe 08-28-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15135888)

I agree with your last 3 sentences 100%. Hatchet buried.

Titty Meat 08-28-2020 11:38 AM

Pitt Gorilla 08-28-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Put on your big boy pants and ban the 20+ people. That was a pretty decent NBA thread (sans the ongoing LeBron vs. Jordan garbage) that was completely ruined by people who care little to nothing about the NBA.

Bearcat 08-28-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15136004)
Put on your big boy pants and ban the 20+ people. That was a pretty decent NBA thread (sans the ongoing LeBron vs. Jordan garbage) that was completely ruined by people who care little to nothing about the NBA.

Pfft, it's Friday, I'm not wearing pants.

https://pa1.narvii.com/7026/55fe4b12...160-172_hq.gif

And it's not ultimately up to me to change the entire way the board has been moderated for 20 years plus a few days.

eDave 08-28-2020 12:17 PM

KC Connection should be banned for subverting his ban.

Pitt Gorilla 08-28-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15136039)
Pfft, it's Friday, I'm not wearing pants.

https://pa1.narvii.com/7026/55fe4b12...160-172_hq.gif

And it's not ultimately up to me to change the entire way the board has been moderated for 20 years plus a few days.

No worries, man. This thread should be fine if we can keep the DC critters out.

eDave 08-28-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15136072)

I was one of them. Sorry bro's. And you won't see me in another NBA thread again. lol

KurtCobain 08-28-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15135925)
So we're officially back tomorrow. Please, OKC, knock the Rockets out so we don't have to watch their painfully boring brand of basketball.

That would be a great upset and one I am rooting for.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2020 01:22 PM

I'm really looking forward to the inevitable showdown between the Lakers and Clippers.

If Paul George stays hot and Kawhi is Kawhi, it'll be a helluva series.

htismaqe 08-28-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15136072)

I contributed too but I'm interested now to see you guys breakdown the matchups. The playoffs are always kind of fun.

dirk digler 08-28-2020 01:35 PM

Everyone is welcome in this thread and let's just talk about the NBA and how MJ is the real GOAT. :evil:

htismaqe 08-28-2020 01:41 PM

The Bucks are that once every 2 decades team I'd really like to see win it all. But I get the impression from what I've been reading here that even if they could make it out of the east, they're going to get swept in the finals.

Easy 6 08-28-2020 01:46 PM

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15136255)
The Bucks are that once every 2 decades team I'd really like to see win it all. But I get the impression from what I've been reading here that even if they could make it out of the east, they're going to get swept in the finals.

I happy to see the Raptors win their first title last year, albeit against a seriously depleted Warriors team, but a championship is a championship nonetheless.

I've been more of a Lakers fan during my time in LA but I'd like to see the Clippers win the title this year because Ballmer has been an ideal owner and that franchise has known nothing but disappointment since they moved to San Diego in 1978.

Ballmer bought the Forum and will keep it as a concert venue while building a brand new basketball arena across the street from the Ram stadium, which will make that area very special come 2028 when Los Angeles hosts the 2028 Olympics.

staylor26 08-28-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15136255)

They’re good enough to compete with whoever comes out of the West, but I don’t think they will actually win the series barring Giannis having the series of his life.

PAChiefsGuy 08-28-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15136319)
They’re good enough to compete with whoever comes out of the West, but I don’t think they will actually win the series barring Giannis having the series of his life.

Yeah I don't see it. Clippers and Lakers are loaded w talent and they can matchup w Giannis. Not saying it can't happen but it would be very tough

BWillie 08-28-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15135851)
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.

I'm pretty much against banning in general as long there is an ignore rule. Its just silly. I can see how you could rub ppl the wrong way, but you rarely say anything personal which I appreciate and weren't overly political. SaveKCConnection

BigCatDaddy 08-28-2020 03:22 PM

Lakers still the huge favorite.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-28-2020 04:23 PM

:clap: thread ban was BS

KC_Connection 08-28-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15136438)
I'm pretty much against banning in general as long there is an ignore rule. Its just silly. I can see how you could rub ppl the wrong way, but you rarely say anything personal which I appreciate and weren't overly political. SaveKCConnection

Thanks but not to worry I’m still around to post my ever illuminating NBA takes.

PHOG 08-28-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15136455)
Lakers still the huge favorite.

Minus LeBitch throwing a pity party for himself.

BigCatDaddy 08-28-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 15136847)
Minus LeBitch throwing a pity party for himself.

Nah..They have 2 top 5 players with solid supporting cast..

KurtCobain 08-28-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15136283)
I happy to see the Raptors win their first title last year, albeit against a seriously depleted Warriors team, but a championship is a championship nonetheless.

I've been more of a Lakers fan during my time in LA but I'd like to see the Clippers win the title this year because Ballmer has been an ideal owner and that franchise has known nothing but disappointment since they moved to San Diego in 1978.

Ballmer bought the Forum and will keep it as a concert venue while building a brand new basketball arena across the street from the Ram stadium, which will make that area very special come 2028 when Los Angeles hosts the 2028 Olympics.

Hoping things are back to normal by then.

GloryDayz 08-29-2020 08:31 AM

Why don't they keep striking, I'd really like that message to be sent to the masses. Whatever the message is (this time).

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 15136961)
Hoping things are back to normal by then.

Truth...

Pitt Gorilla 08-29-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15137321)
Why don't they keep striking, I'd really like that message to be sent to the masses. Whatever the message is (this time).

How about just stay out of the thread.

Pitt Gorilla 08-29-2020 06:56 PM

BTW,
This Rockets/Thunder game is absolutely brutal, which I suppose most Rockets games are.

KC_Connection 08-29-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15137990)
BTW,
This Rockets/Thunder game is absolutely brutal, which I suppose most Rockets games are.

Houston will be a major issue for the Lakers.

Pitt Gorilla 08-29-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15138018)
Houston will be a major issue for the Lakers.

I don't see it. The Lakers have several people who can stay in front of Harden. Guard the perimeter and they'll be fine. On the other hand, the Rockets have zero people who can guard AD or, potentially, LeBron.

I think it's a laugher, even if the Rockets get hot for a while.

GloryDayz 08-29-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15137986)
How about just stay out of the thread.

I'll consider your request.

KC_Connection 08-29-2020 10:00 PM

36-10-10 on 14 of 19 shooting from the real GOAT in a closeout game. It's just unbelievable how easy he makes this game look.

Lakers in 5 as expected. Now for some rest before Harden/Westbrook.

KC_Connection 08-29-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15138049)
I don't see it. The Lakers have several people who can stay in front of Harden. Guard the perimeter and they'll be fine. On the other hand, the Rockets have zero people who can guard AD or, potentially, LeBron.

I think it's a laugher, even if the Rockets get hot for a while.

I think you're underselling how good Harden is. If he doesn't choke because it is the playoffs (which he's done in the past), I don't think they're stopping him.

SuperBowl4 08-30-2020 07:10 AM

A report said that the NBA TV ratings are down 40 %. Let's make it 100%! Keep Boycotting fools and your fans will boycott you. See how that works?

GloryDayz 08-30-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 15138521)
A report said that the NBA TV ratings are down 40 %. Let's make it 100%! Keep Boycotting fools and your fans will boycott you. See how that works?

Well the players are generally racist, the NBA's policies are clearly racist, maybe people are reacting to that. Oh, and it's basketball.

TribalElder 08-30-2020 08:28 AM

oh, did the millionaires decide they are woke enough to play again?

TribalElder 08-30-2020 08:29 AM

tune in and watch you bitch ass white boys

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2020 12:16 PM

It's really not that difficult to keep the political garbage out of this thread, and yet, here we are.

Honestly, if you don't want to watch, don't watch. Nobody gives a ****.

kcxiv 08-30-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15138558)
tune in and watch you bitch ass white boys

well my person of Hispanic heritage ass is watching.

dirk digler 08-30-2020 12:41 PM

Nice 1st half for the Celts now up 22

htismaqe 08-30-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15138751)
It's really not that difficult to keep the political garbage out of this thread, and yet, here we are.

Honestly, if you don't want to watch, don't watch. Nobody gives a ****.

:clap:

KC_Connection 08-30-2020 02:00 PM

That was ugly. We'll see soon whether that was just a lack of Raptors' effort (which I certainly felt there was in the 1st quarter) or a sign of things to come in this series. Boston looked great, though.

KC_Connection 08-30-2020 02:20 PM

Marcus Morris is an idiot.

Sassy Squatch 08-30-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15138931)

https://media.tenor.com/images/5c5a3...1f4d/tenor.gif

KC_Connection 08-30-2020 04:12 PM

Kawhi knocks out Luka.

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15138931)

He's dirty, but he's been that way forever. It's not like this is some revelation.

KC_Connection 08-30-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15139152)
He's dirty, but he's been that way forever. It's not like this is some revelation.

Obviously, he's a complete idiot.

BigCatDaddy 08-30-2020 09:36 PM

Well this thread died a painful death.

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2020 09:40 PM

Murray and Mitchell light it up again. Game 7 is going to be stupid good.

KC_Connection 08-30-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15139587)
Well this thread died a painful death.

That's generally what happens when LeBron is dominating games and his team is winning on this forum, yeah.

KC_Connection 08-30-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15139594)
Murray and Mitchell light it up again. Game 7 is going to be stupid good.

Murray just had one of the best three game sequences for a guard I've ever seen.

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15139610)
Murray just had one of the best three game sequences for a guard I've ever seen.

Without question. Would have been insane if they would have kept Mitchell and paired him with Murray.

Miles 08-30-2020 10:38 PM

Murray’s shooting percentages for the scoring numbers have been pretty ridiculous.

BigCatDaddy 08-30-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15139609)
That's generally what happens when LeBron is dominating games and his team is winning on this forum, yeah.

Maybe or most have had enough of the political shit.

KC_Connection 08-31-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15139693)
Maybe or most have had enough of the political shit.

It's fairly easy not to pay attention to any of that if you're truly a basketball fan (just don't watch the anthem or the end of game interviews), so I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

dirk digler 08-31-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15138916)
That was ugly. We'll see soon whether that was just a lack of Raptors' effort (which I certainly felt there was in the 1st quarter) or a sign of things to come in this series. Boston looked great, though.

It was mostly about Celtics hitting their 3's I wouldn't worry about it they will go back to bricking them next game.

KC_Connection 08-31-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15139738)
It was mostly about Celtics hitting their 3's I wouldn't worry about it they will go back to bricking them next game.

My concern is Boston completely stopped the Raptors' transition offense (which they need to succeed as their half court offense is less than great). Of course, when you hit a bunch of shots like Boston did, it lets you get back on defense much easier so that plays into it.