ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Current Playoff Picture (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318888)

RunKC 11-16-2018 09:29 AM

I think we are bound to see a Deshaun Watson/Patrick Mahomes playoff showdown.

Eleazar 11-16-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13894865)
I think so.

Until the pats are dead and buried I would prefer to just not have to deal with that. Let them be the 2 and 3 seed.

Regardless of what anybody thinks about the Pats, they are clearly our competition in the AFC (on paper) and having to play them both would be a worst case scenario. Hopefully things go right and we can avoid that.

As long as we don't blow HFA, we stand a good chance there.

O.city 11-16-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13894903)
Regardless of what anybody thinks about the Pats, they are clearly our competition in the AFC (on paper) and having to play them both would be a worst case scenario. Hopefully things go right and we can avoid that.

As long as we don't blow HFA, we stand a good chance there.

Yeah that’s the biggest thing. Let them play each other and then have to come to kc.

I think the chargers are a bit of a paper tiger but we’ll see.

The other thing is that the Texans schedule actually sets up really good for them. They could get to 12-4 pretty easily.

Eleazar 11-16-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13894923)
Yeah that’s the biggest thing. Let them play each other and then have to come to kc.

I think the chargers are a bit of a paper tiger but we’ll see.

The other thing is that the Texans schedule actually sets up really good for them. They could get to 12-4 pretty easily.

Yeah, I agree on the Chargers, but they could have beaten us in Week 1 with a couple of drops turning into catches so I wouldn't take that to the bank yet.

A chiefsish thing to do would be to blow home field and drop to #3, and then maybe have to play them both on the road, but I'm boxing those fears up as pre-Mahomes PTSD and leaving them in the attic for now :D

DJJasonp 11-16-2018 09:52 AM

please bring the texans to town. I've seen several of their games this year and they are a crap football team.

No significant wins against quality teams. Lost to the giants, barely beat the bills, cowboys, and colts.

Take Hopkins out of the game, and watson struggles mightily. They also dont run the ball very well (a plus for sutton's defense).

I'm still not convinced the chargers are worthy of their "power ranking". No win against an above 500 team, and like the texans, have struggled to win against teams like san fran, Tenn, and seattle.

BryanBusby 11-16-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13894888)

That's a very exciting match up for the future of pro football

Eleazar 11-16-2018 10:00 AM

Guessing the Texans may not be there at all, with Tennessee seemingly on the rise and a game against the Texans still remaining.

O.city 11-16-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13894953)
Guessing the Texans may not be there at all, with Tennessee seemingly on the rise and a game against the Texans still remaining.

Look at the Texans schedule though. It’s crap

They could end up being the 3 seed

Bob Dole 11-16-2018 10:06 AM

Oakland still in the hunt made me laugh.

Eleazar 11-16-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13894956)
Look at the Texans schedule though. It’s crap

They could end up being the 3 seed

That garbage franchise has got 3 playoff wins in the last 7 years, and we only have one and it was against them. :shake:

Coochie liquor 11-16-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13894965)
That garbage franchise has got 3 playoff wins in the last 7 years, and we only have one and it was against them. :shake:

Alex Smith is the correct answer!

Nzoner 11-16-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13894865)
I think so.

Until the pats are dead and buried I would prefer to just not have to deal with that. Let them be the 2 and 3 seed.

**** that,I want to see the torch passed to our new golden boy

Nzoner 11-16-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13894888)

I'm predicting the Colts end up winning that division.

ptlyon 11-16-2018 10:19 AM

If the Chargers are for real, they will take care of business down the stretch.

But they have Denver twice, us, pitt, cinn, and the ravens.

I don't see it happening.

RunKC 11-16-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13894979)
I'm predicting the Colts end up winning that division.

I think that the Colts are going to be our primary competition soon. Ballard has done an outstanding job rebuilding that football team and Luck is as good as he was before.

More Colts/Chiefs playoff games are coming.