ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Stephen St. John: Issues between Mahomes and Peters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317723)

wazu 09-27-2018 07:49 AM

Stephen St. John: Issues between Mahomes and Peters

On 810 this morning SSJ was talking about the Rams and Peters, when he dropped a bombshell that was new to me. Talked about how in addition to all of his other issues, Peters had a problem with Mahomes. He didn’t cite first hand info, but just said that was the vibe that Chadiha and others covering the team had conveyed. It matches up with the trash talk from Peters after he left, praising Alex and predicting turnovers when we play them in Mexico.

Maybe I missed the hubbub about this, but it seemed to be new information to SSJ’s co-hosts so maybe I didn’t. If true it erases any lingering doubt that Peters had to go immediately.

Skyy God 09-27-2018 07:51 AM

Well then, f that guy sideways.

Sassy Squatch 09-27-2018 07:52 AM

Pretty odd to have a problem with a guy like Mahomes if that was indeed what happened. Peters doesn't seem like the most mentally sound guy, though, so I can believe it.

TambaBerry 09-27-2018 07:59 AM

I thought this was common knowledge? Peters wanted to be THE guy in KC and Mahomes came here and he couldn't handle the hype around him.

WhiteWhale 09-27-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13766246)
Pretty odd to have a problem with a guy like Mahomes if that was indeed what happened. Peters doesn't seem like the most mentally sound guy, though, so I can believe it.

Guys 'like mahomes' frequently have animosity in NFL locker rooms for BS reasons.

Mahomes... light skinned black guy, son of an athlete, stable family, comes from wealth.

Peters... from Oakland.

Same reason so many NBA players hate Curry. Same reason Seattle players would bash Wilson behind his back. Young black kids from rough backgrounds tend to resent guys with Mahomes background.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-27-2018 08:06 AM

Paylor basically said the same thing in simple terms months back. Veach said that they wanted to build the team around Mahomes, he being the leader with zero questions about it.

**** Peters.

Marcellus 09-27-2018 08:07 AM

There is your reason they shipped his punk ass out, makes perfect sense.

He was a pain in the ass for everyone and he had a beef with the future star of the franchise.

Said before and I will say it again, **** Marcus Peters.

Sassy Squatch 09-27-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13766256)
Guys 'like mahomes' frequently have animosity in NFL locker rooms for BS reasons.

Mahomes... light skinned black guy, son of an athlete, stable family, comes from wealth.

Peters... from Oakland.

Same reason so many NBA players hate Curry. Same reason Seattle players would bash Wilson behind his back. Young black kids from rough backgrounds tend to resent guys with Mahomes background.

I was just talking about how he's a hard working, genuinely good person by all accounts, but sure.

rabblerouser 09-27-2018 08:09 AM

Not news, this was posted about back during the says after the trade, that Peters and Mahomes were oil and water, Mahomes doesn't like Peters and vice versa.

****, not hard to see why...Peters is a ****up.

RunKC 09-27-2018 08:10 AM

Mahomes was raping Peters in practice all the time and he got pissy.

rabblerouser 09-27-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13766253)
I thought this was common knowledge? Peters wanted to be THE guy in KC and Mahomes came here and he couldn't handle the hype around him.

True.

rabblerouser 09-27-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13766268)

This is also true.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-27-2018 08:12 AM

Peters doesn't like QBs that make him look stupid in practice.

BigRedChief 09-27-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13766256)

Peters... from Oakland.

Correct. There is a cultural thing there between light and dark skinned blacks. I obviously don’t participate and wisely keep my mouth shut, but, I’ve seen and heard the comments myself. Both ways.

It would make sense that it would be in an NFL locker room too.

DRM08 09-27-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13766268)

Seem to remember it was reported that he did have a lot of success against Peters' coverage. Maybe old Marcus got pissed about that, lol