ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Chris Jones Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299617)

staylor26 04-29-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12205083)
He's only had 8.5 sacks in 3 seasons.

Pressures.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205068)
BPA just happened to be a replacement player every year Dorsey has been here.

Wow, that's some serious mojo. :eek:

I won't deny the trend is there, but there has been a contract year for a position of impact that he has drafted. LOT, OLB, CB, and DL. If he took a SAM to replace Mauga during a contract year, I might get a bit up in arms.

I mean he didn't go safety last year to replace Berry.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2016 06:26 PM

I'm cool with this but not real thrilled because there might be subtext to this concerning Poe. If we are re-signing Dontari then this is awesome

Chief Northman 04-29-2016 06:28 PM

I love the talent and ceiling this kid has, but the character concerns with the arrests and all have me a tad worried. This boy is also no Rhodes scholar.....

Urc Burry 04-29-2016 06:28 PM

I would think Jones would be more of a replacement for Bailey/Howard down the road. I don't see him as a NT at all

Pitt Gorilla 04-29-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 12204933)
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

"To some degree I believe a team can motivate a guy to bring effort on a more consistent basis, but it’s still a big red flag. What’s crazy, however, is even with a handful of poor plays he still graded out so dominantly. If he puts it all together, Jones’ ceiling is as high as anyone in this class, and the scary thing is he’s barely scratching the surface right now.

Where does that kind of potential fit in the NFL draft? I’m on record in the PFF offices saying I’d take him in the top five picks, but more realistically, with the risk he presents I’d say once he slips past pick No. 10 the value is too good to pass up. The pick No. 11-14 range of Chicago, New Orleans, Miami and Oakland is the sweet spot where every team could benefit from his services. Anywhere farther down than that and one very lucky team is getting the steal of the draft."

nope. Dorsey is a ****up and we are forever screwed due to trading down. /CP literally yesterday.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12205103)
I'm cool with this but not real thrilled because there might be subtext to this concerning Poe. If we are re-signing Dontari then this is awesome

The ball is in Poe's court. I don't mind it as much because Poe's back is a legitimate concern. Also, we have been screaming about allowing Poe a breather AND lost Devito, we've upgraded essentially two player by allowing Poe to limit his snaps and replacing Devito.

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 06:30 PM

Chris Jones, on falling to second round: "I’m going to make damn sure, wherever I get drafted at, I’m going to leave my mark."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 06:31 PM

MSU DT Chris Jones on Kansas City: "I've heard they've got great steak, great barbecue, so I'm ready to get there and eat some food."

Shaid 04-29-2016 06:31 PM

Reading through this thread makes me a bit happier about the pick. We still have another 2nd round pick to go so still a chance to get another nice pick there.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12205079)
Blatantly ignoring the continuous positive reviews on the player we just picked because YOU wanted a CB makes you a troll now....

FYP

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 06:33 PM

Wouldn't mind grabbing Braxton Miller next pick. Unreal athlete, he's a playmaker and we could use one

jonzie04 04-29-2016 06:33 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS is why I love the NFL Draft. Take it in, <a href="https://twitter.com/cjonesmsu96">@cjonesmsu96</a>! <a href="https://t.co/pLru5ipds5">pic.twitter.com/pLru5ipds5</a></p>&mdash; Trevor Sikkema (@TrevorSikkema) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorSikkema/status/726194204330876928">April 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12205078)
Jones isn't a replacement player. God you are a clueless ****ing dumbass.

Sure it is cockbreath

Jones is a DE in our scheme
Howard is better at the nose

Howard slides over to Poe's NT spot
Jones takes over Howard's DE spot

Now ... that doesn't mean the Poe is gone for sure. Dee Ford was selected and we ended up keeping both Hali and Houston. But it's still an insurance policy and replacement player.

Year 1 - Fisher in the 1st, Albert gone the next year
Year 2 - Ford in the 1st, Hali old, Houston up for big contract the next year
Year 3 - Marcus Peters in the 1st, Sean Smith gone the next year
Year 4 - Chris Jones in the 1st, Poe up for big contract next year

Might as well get used to it, it's a viable maintenance method for consistency in the NFL.

BryanBusby 04-29-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIUhuskies (Post 12205128)
MSU DT Chris Jones on Kansas City: "I've heard they've got great steak, great barbecue, so I'm ready to get there and eat some food."

**** he gonna eat his eay out of the nfl!

The pick is fine. I mean it isn't my high priority position and Dorsey sucks at figuring out proper value and took a lame deal to move down but the eventual result is fine.

Dorsey sucking at determining value is nothing new.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 12205135)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS is why I love the NFL Draft. Take it in, <a href="https://twitter.com/cjonesmsu96">@cjonesmsu96</a>! <a href="https://t.co/pLru5ipds5">pic.twitter.com/pLru5ipds5</a></p>&mdash; Trevor Sikkema (@TrevorSikkema) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorSikkema/status/726194204330876928">April 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

Can't wait to see his first sack in Arrowhead.

RustShack 04-29-2016 06:34 PM

He has played 5 tech, 3 tech, NT, and LB.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12205139)
**** he gonna eat his eay out of the nfl!

The pick is fine. I mean it isn't my high priority position and Dorsey sucks at figuring out proper value and took a lame deal to move down but the eventual result is fine.

Dorsey sucking at determining value is nothing new.

I agree. I would've loved to see more return on investment, but it is what it is. At least the 4 is pretty high.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12205142)
He has played 5 tech, 3 tech, NT, and LB.

Versatility is the name of the game. NT to LB is pretty wild, though.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12205120)
The ball is in Poe's court. I don't mind it as much because Poe's back is a legitimate concern. Also, we have been screaming about allowing Poe a breather AND lost Devito, we've upgraded essentially two player by allowing Poe to limit his snaps and replacing Devito.

The medical issues I discussed during the season,so that also is factored in.I'm all for aggregating as many quality passrushers as possible and Devito is gone though the possibility that Poe is gone is a downer

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205138)
Sure it is cockbreath

Now ... that doesn't mean the Poe is gone for sure. Dee Ford was selected and we ended up keeping both Hali and Houston. But it's still an insurance policy and replacement player.

Might as well get used to it, it's a viable maintenance method for consistency in the NFL.

If Dee ford wasn't such a bust would hali still be here..

I'm pretty sure Dorsey didn't was Ford sitting on the bench this long.

O.city 04-29-2016 06:36 PM

Not a huge fan of dl with motor issues

Dante84 04-29-2016 06:37 PM

Oh my gawd

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beat the OL and make the RB pay for trying to block you. <a href="https://t.co/ZtcX0I4F05">pic.twitter.com/ZtcX0I4F05</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/726207711419854848">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12205151)
If Dee ford wasn't such a bust would hali still be here..

I'm pretty sure Dorsey didn't was Ford sitting on the bench this long.

:facepalm:

BryanBusby 04-29-2016 06:38 PM

This doesn't mean anything when it comes to Poe

Settle the **** down

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12205152)
Not a huge fan of dl with motor issues

Terez Paylor mocked him at #26 in one of his drafts, so it's pretty clear he's been on the Chiefs radar for a while.

I felt he was a 2nd rounder and said so in one of the threads. ChiefsCountry was big on him and thought he was a 1st rounder.

Either way, the Chiefs got great value for a player with a huge upside.

TLO 04-29-2016 06:39 PM

Love the pick. Should be part of the rotation from day 1.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205138)
Sure it is cockbreath

I will add that Albert wasn't worth what he got, we kept Hali and paid Houston because he was worth it, and Smith was also bought out, so those choices were wise.

Could you imagine if we didn't take Fisher and Peters, but we're still outbid for Albert and Smith. Where would we be now?

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 06:40 PM

I've definitely warmed up to the pick. It'd be crazy if Alexander keeps sliding and we can still grab him w the 2nd pick as well. Would love to have those 2 today. Both could have gone round 1

O.city 04-29-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12205160)
Terez Paylor mocked him at #26 in one of his drafts, so it's pretty clear he's been on the Chiefs radar for a while.

I felt he was a 2nd rounder and said so in one of the threads. ChiefsCountry was big on him and thought he was a 1st rounder.

Either way, the Chiefs got great value for a player with a huge upside.

If he hits and plays to what his potential says, it's a great pick.

If one thing we've seen with this regime is getting the best effort out of guys. People love playing for Reid and he seems to get max effort out of everyone, along with the rest of the ataff.

staylor26 04-29-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12205168)
If he hits and plays to what his potential says, it's a great pick.

If one thing we've seen with this regime is getting the best effort out of guys. People love playing for Reid and he seems to get max effort out of everyone, along with the rest of the ataff.

He'll be fine in our DL group. Great group of guys.

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 06:43 PM

Chris Jones was just great. "Twenty minutes ago I was unemployed and without a college degree."

Hahhaha

Pitt Gorilla 04-29-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12205153)
Oh my gawd

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beat the OL and make the RB pay for trying to block you. <a href="https://t.co/ZtcX0I4F05">pic.twitter.com/ZtcX0I4F05</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/726207711419854848">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

He did the same to OL as well.

O.city 04-29-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12205173)
He'll be fine in our DL group. Great group of guys.

Hope so.

I'm always leery of dl with motor issues

jimidollar 04-29-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12205140)
Can't wait to see his first sack in Arrowhead.

Everyone has already seen it.

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12205164)
I will add that Albert wasn't worth what he got, we kept Hali and paid Houston because he was worth it, and Smith was also bought out, so those choices were wise.

Could you imagine if we didn't take Fisher and Peters, but we're still outbid for Albert and Smith. Where would we be now?

I never said they were bad moves, just that we have a trend.

Chris Jones might be a fantastic player but let's just put this 'Dorsey is a pure BPA GM' shit to bed. He's not.

Unless the Cosmos has performed a miracle so that every Dorsey year BPA matches up with our big contract guys that is

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 12205187)

:clap:ROFL

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205214)

Chris Jones might be a fantastic player but let's just put this 'Dorsey is a pure BPA GM' shit to bed. He's not.

Unless the Cosmos has performed a miracle so that every Dorsey year BPA matches up with our big contract guys that is

QFT

RunKC 04-29-2016 06:49 PM

He's going to be awesome in the A gap when we go nickel

Sully 04-29-2016 06:49 PM

He met with the Chiefs' Psychologist, and afterwards asked how he did. Doctor said he had bad news,
"I can clearly see your nuts!"

Ba dum ching

RustShack 04-29-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

And don't think you realize how draft boards work, and that each team makes their own.

staylor26 04-29-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12205228)
He's going to be awesome in the A gap when we go nickel

That interior pass rush with him and Poe. :whackit:

TRR 04-29-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12205153)
Oh my gawd

Are we supposed to be impressed with that clip? The QB had a clear lane to throw.

This is a boom or bust pick - out of character for Dorsey. Weird they didn't meet with him either which is scary for a player that has motivation issues. Hopefully he pans out.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

I wasn't implying you were, just providing an adversarial approach to your post. If you noticed, I agreed with your previous mention of this angle.

There is some BPA involved, but a GM that doesn't allow himself to be bent over a barrel is also quite valuable.

You have to take the full picture into the equation.

He is obviously taking the BPA of the most prioritized position. To pigeonhole his approach would be disrespectful, in my opinion. It is a fine line to walk and I believe Dorsey has done it well thus far.

Chief Pote 04-29-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 12205187)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205220)
:clap:ROFL

Follow the Rams. :rolleyes:

Coach 04-29-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 12205254)
Are we supposed to be impressed with that clip? The QB had a clear lane to throw.

This is a boom or bust pick - out of character for Dorsey. Weird they didn't meet with him either which is scary for a player that has motivation issues. Hopefully he pans out.

The QB had a clear lane to throw, no question about it. However, that lane developed opposite of him. Not AT him.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12204984)
I don't think so. This guy is like Marcus Peters last year. He fell a little bit and has an extremely high ceiling.

He'll be a rotational player but keep in mind, Jaye Howard only signed a 2 year deal and will be 29 when that contract expires.

Jones is only 21.

His comp is Muhammed Wilkerson.

Just spilled a whole 5 gallon bucket of jizz !

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

LMAO Are you implying that one DL is supposed to take on 5 OL?

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12205184)
Hope so.

I'm always leery of dl with motor issues

I think his motor will improve once they make him start wearing a jock strap.

Dante84 04-29-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Yeah, because he shut down the other side of the field :rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni 04-29-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Chiefsplanet football knowledge folks...wow

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 07:06 PM

Alexander gone. Give me Braxton Miller. Let's go!

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12205296)
I think his motor will improve once they make him start wearing a jock strap.

LMAO

CupidStunt 04-29-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

WTF? This pick clearly proves he is. He didn't take a CB. Or a LB. Or a WR. Or anything else we NEED right now. He took a backup who many are saying has top 5/10 talent at pick 30whatever.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 12205343)
WTF? This pick clearly proves he is. He didn't take a CB. Or a LB. Or a WR. Or anything else we NEED right now. He took a backup who many are saying has top 5/10 talent at pick 30whatever.

37 :D

MeatRock 04-29-2016 07:09 PM

Dude looks like a Richard Seymour to me. Extremely long arms and powerful.

staylor26 04-29-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Laz is a ****ing idiot.

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 07:12 PM

Vonn bell or nothing please

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pote (Post 12205266)
Follow the Rams. :rolleyes:

Someone didn't watch the combine.

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Pay Attention, he takes what we are going to need the follow year.

Tired of explaining it, figure out yourself

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 07:17 PM

Traded down w the Bucs again...

Eleazar 04-29-2016 07:17 PM

Dorsey really seems to have an MO of targeting underrated guys at value draft position rather than the highest profile picks out there that everyone is fighting over.

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 07:19 PM

Bucs 3rd rounder isn't till 74. Picked up their 4th too at 106

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-29-2016 07:24 PM

ROFL

They really took a fatty!

staylor26 04-29-2016 07:28 PM

Patriots trade back after a shitty pick, but Hoody is a genius!!

Mother****erJones 04-29-2016 07:31 PM

Denver is gona take Miller I bet

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12205636)
Denver is gona take Miller I bet

Wrong mother****er !

pugsnotdrugs19 04-29-2016 07:39 PM

In the midst of all the negativity, let's just take a second to imagine

Poe, Bailey, Howard and Jones rotating for 4 quarters, fresh for 4 quarters.

cdcox 04-29-2016 07:39 PM

Look at that lean angle in the last picture in the OP. You can't teach that.

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 07:41 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...373f2f96df.jpg

This dude is enormous...

Chiefs=Champions 04-29-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Look at this shit ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2016 07:49 PM

Dorsey has his eyes on some great underrated players . That's why he's backing up.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12205713)
In the midst of all the negativity, let's just take a second to imagine

Poe, Bailey, Howard and Jones rotating for 4 quarters, fresh for 4 quarters.

Is this your first draft on CP? Not being facitious, just asking. It is kind of the thing to do.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-29-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12205798)
Is this your first draft on CP? Not being facitious, just asking. It is kind of the thing to do.

Lol, well honestly yeah kinda. Last year I only checked, didn't really post anything.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12205821)
Lol, well honestly yeah kinda. Last year I only checked, didn't really post anything.

You should try that again.

BlackOp 04-29-2016 08:03 PM

"I do know that no interior player had a higher pass rushing grade against Power-5 competition. Only DeForest Buckner graded out higher overall against the Power-5, and it took the Oregon defensive lineman 420 more snaps to do so. Jones’ 12.1 pass rushing productivity was easily the highest in the class."

pugsnotdrugs19 04-29-2016 08:05 PM

I'm full on board with the Jones pick.

He could be special, it sounds like, if he wants to be.

PutQuinnIn 04-29-2016 08:14 PM

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com...8&h=420&crop=1
Quote:

Originally Posted by NIUhuskies (Post 12205736)
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...373f2f96df.jpg

This dude is enormous...

Thats what she said.

PutQuinnIn 04-29-2016 08:15 PM

I'm getting a Leon Lett vibe.

BlackOp 04-29-2016 08:16 PM

KC's D-line is going to be brutal....