ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life A beautiful soul left home this evening. :( (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248484)

Frankie 08-14-2011 11:04 PM

A beautiful soul left home this evening. :(

1 Attachment(s)
Needless to say, Fariba and I are devastated. :(

Phobia 08-14-2011 11:07 PM

It's okay. He's knocking boots with 72 virgin pussies as we speak. Get yourselves another cat. Don't ever give it a lion cut. Just some helpful advice.

Extra Point 08-14-2011 11:07 PM

Sorry for your loss, Frankie, mom, and kids.

Gonzo 08-14-2011 11:07 PM

You lost a lion, dude? That's a big ass cat bro.

Sorry for your loss man. Tough to lose a pet.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 08-14-2011 11:09 PM

Sorry for your loss, but that lion hair cut creeps me out.

Extra Point 08-14-2011 11:12 PM

In an alternate thread, Phobia would help mourn the loss of a pedigreed Pomeranian. Just goes to show you that he needs an optometretrist visit.

Frankie 08-14-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7825766)
You lost a lion, dude? That's a big ass cat bro.

Sorry for your loss man. Tough to lose a pet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bad ass maybe. Big ass, no. He was only 7 Lbs. Looked a lot bigger unshaven. But all fluff.

I have been very sad for the loss of any pet I have had, but I had never openly cried for one. But I'm not ashamed to say that I have cried tonight literally out of tears. Fariba too. Sammy was very very very special. Unbelievable personality along with that very unique freak of nature look.

Frankie 08-14-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7825770)
In an alternate thread, Phobia would help mourn the loss of a pedigreed Pomeranian. Just goes to show you that he needs an optometretrist visit.

:D

cdcox 08-14-2011 11:43 PM

Sorry to hear this Frankie. Soon enough your sadness will turn to fond memories.

Buck 08-14-2011 11:47 PM

Sorry Frankie.

What happened? Isn't 11 years old very young for a cat?

Frankie 08-15-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7825799)
Sorry Frankie.

What happened? Isn't 11 years old very young for a cat?

Yes it is. He got sick almost 2 weeks ago and quit eating. Blood work and X-rays ruled out serious stuff. Although his vet did say she heard a little heart murmur and it could be his heart was slightly enlarged. To combat any possible infection he was given antibiotics which fixed him in 48 hours. He started eating and gained weight quickly.

Fast forward to today. About 3 Pm we came home from shopping and found him on his side on a three ring binder I had left next to the couch. His mouth was agape and his eyes were unusually wide open. When I picked him up his hind half and legs were dead. He came to and facially acted normal except he could not get up due to his legs. Long story short, we ended up at the animal emergency room. He was (best guess) diagnosed of having feline saddle thrombus. Evidently blood cloth had formed in the main artery leading to his hind side. That in turn affected his kidneys and liver and lactic (?) acid was attacking his system. At that prognosis and the fact that they were very negative about his chances we approved their recommendation to put him to sleep.

This is a very painful night for us. I'm trying to stay realistic and remind myself that he was only a pet. But as pets go, he was by far the most special, smart, communicative pet I've ever had. I miss my son's toddler days, but Sammy just felt like my permanent toddler.

Just Passin' By 08-15-2011 12:34 AM

My condolences.

Chiefs=Champions 08-15-2011 12:46 AM

Sorry for your loss mate :(

J Diddy 08-15-2011 12:55 AM

Sorry man.

Frankie 08-15-2011 01:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Daddy's lap was always a favorite rest stop.