ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaking down Alex Smith: From a doubter to a believer (long) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271977)

Marcellus 04-11-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9577325)
Dumb.

You would think with a fan base that has dealt with as shitty a QB play as we have since Trent Green left this fan base would understand how good he was.

I guess being #1 & #2 in scoring offense just isn't good enough for Chiefs fans, we need to be uh......better than #1!

crossbow 04-11-2013 09:16 AM

I appreciate the effort but I can't take this team seriously after this trade. I will watch them but I am confident they aren't going to win a playoff game. They wasted valuable draft picks and 3 years of everyone's time... again.

wazu 04-11-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9577506)
You would think with a fan base that has dealt with as shitty a QB play as we have since Trent Green left this fan base would understand how good he was.

I guess being #1 & #2 in scoring offense just isn't good enough for Chiefs fans, we need to be uh......better than #1!

He was very good for like 3 years. With Priest leading the way behind an all-time great O-line and a team that was very intentionally built to have nothing but offense.

He did that in his 30s. I can't say that Alex Smith, with the same surrounding cast, couldn't do the same thing. Probably win just as many playoff games, too.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9577544)
I appreciate the effort but I can't take this team seriously after this trade. I will watch them but I am confident they aren't going to win a playoff game. They wasted valuable draft picks and 3 years of everyone's time... again.

Pretty much this. My days of boasting about KC are pretty much dead until we draft and develop a first round, legit prospect. Im just playing along for shits and giggles now.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 04-11-2013 09:22 AM

I really hate that people think that they can watch "All 22s" coaches film and be able to realistically break it down and get a read on a player. This guy is a moron.

MTG#10 04-11-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9577552)
He was very good for like 3 years. With Priest leading the way behind an all-time great O-line and a team that was very intentionally built to have nothing but offense.

He did that in his 30s. I can't say that Alex Smith, with the same surrounding cast, couldn't do the same thing. Probably win just as many playoff games, too.

Trent had 5 good years, would have had 6 and was on pace to his best season ever if not for his injury with the Rams. His 4 good seasons with KC and his good season with Washington were all better than anything Alex has ever done. He just never had a defense worth a shit.

DaFace 04-11-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9577558)
I really hate that people think that they can watch "All 22s" coaches film and be able to realistically break it down and get a read on a player. This guy is a moron.

Is he more or a moron than the hoards of people here who have been blasting the Smith trade since Day 1 and haven't watched anything but the occasional game?

The Franchise 04-11-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9577569)
Is he more or a moron than the hoards of people here who have been blasting the Smith trade since Day 1 and haven't watched anything but the occasional game?

Considering I don't know how many games people have watched.....I have no clue.

I can say that I've seen a good majority of his games considering I live up here.

Chief Faithful 04-11-2013 09:31 AM

Never been an Alex Smith fan and thought he was a bust after his first 3 years. But, the guy improves every year and the last two have been very impressive. I am optimistically curious and a little excited to see what this coaching staff can do with Smith.

Ready to see the winning attitude return to Arrowhead.

mikey23545 04-11-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9577569)

You should never come out in the open where the Geno-zombies can see you!

LiveSteam 04-11-2013 09:32 AM

The days of getting all worked up over this team are gone.
Geno or Alex?
Meh. Neither will take this team to the promise land. So I choose more draft picks

wazu 04-11-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9577567)
Trent had 5 good years, would have had 6 and was on pace to his best season ever if not for his injury with the Rams. His 4 good seasons with KC and his good season with Washington were all better than anything Alex has ever done. He just never had a defense worth a shit.

Okay. He had 5 very good seasons and made 2 Pro Bowls during his career. And never won a playoff game. This doesn't seem out of reach for Alex. I want more.