ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Security line getting into the stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320745)

POND_OF_RED 01-21-2019 10:35 AM

Security line getting into the stadium

Anyone else have an issue getting to there seats on time last night. Took us around an hour to get through the security line last night. Missed the biggest pregame of my life. I have never seen it take that long to get people into the stadium. Anyone else have any issues?

Bugeater 01-21-2019 10:41 AM

007 said he got in line an hour before kickoff and still missed half of the first quarter. I don't know wtf is going on down there these days but that is flat out unacceptable.

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2019 10:41 AM

Had that problem twice this year. Just gotta get in line an hour and a half before kickoff.

Bugeater 01-21-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14060436)
Had that problem twice this year. Just gotta get in line an hour and a half before kickoff.

What are they doing that they weren't doing before that is slowing things down? Pregame body cavity searches?

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2019 10:46 AM

I don't know as I've only been to one game prior to this year and I got there as early as possible to explore Arrowhead. It's really close to airport security if that gives you an idea.

bobbything 01-21-2019 10:50 AM

It's been like this for a few years. Whenever they hired that consulting firm to "fix" the parking issue, getting into the stadium became a problem too. You have to account for at least 45 minutes once you're in line. Minimum. I went to the Arizona game this year. I got in line 45 minutes before kickoff and we missed the first 5 game minutes. Against Pittsburgh in the playoffs two years ago, I got in line an hour and 10 minutes prior. We still didn't make it in in time for kickoff.

It's why I don't go to many games. I had free tix last night and turned them down. I had little interest in parking out by the practice fields, walking a mile, standing in line for an hour, missing the first 10 minutes of the game, then spending 1.5 hours in standstill traffic trying to get out of the stadium.

The overall experience sucks and has gotten worse over the years.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 11:00 AM

We were at gate 6 at 300 on the dot. Parked and went straight in.

Those 2 things took until 447...

007 01-21-2019 11:06 AM

The last three home games have me seriously reconsidering renewing my season tickets. Getting in line an hour before kick should never cause you to miss half of the first quarter. The way they are handling security is absolute horse shit.

scho63 01-21-2019 11:09 AM

I'd be pissed as **** if I got in line an hour ahead of time and missed 1/2 of the 1st Qtr of the AFCCG.

What a farce.

EdmontonChiefsFan 01-21-2019 11:09 AM

It was my sons first game at Arrowhead so I wanted to get there really early (3 pm ish) so he can see how real tailgating is done. Walked around for a while and he said he wanted to go in so we got in line at 4 pm figuring that would be plenty of time. We didn't get through security until about 5:15 and almost missed the kickoff. That was pretty nerve racking sitting in line and moving 6 inches every five minutes

Dunit35 01-21-2019 11:18 AM

We got into a small line around 415. Had no issues and got right through. That was lot C side.

When we walked by the lines on our way to the CP tailgate around 3, the lines were super long.

007 01-21-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14060525)
We got into a small line around 415. Had no issues and got right through. That was lot C side.

When we walked by the lines on our way to the CP tailgate around 3, the lines were super long.

Had been in line for 30 minutes when the chiefs sent a alert about gate c. That's too little too late when you are at gate F

Wilson8 01-21-2019 11:22 AM

All of the layers of clothes made it hard for people to find their keys, phones, billfolds to put in trays. The big zippers and metal buttons in overalls would set off metal detectors.

Also the packages of hand warmers were causing alerts.

Almost everyone required a wand down.

Took me over an hour to get through and missed the first few minutes of game,

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-21-2019 11:23 AM

We only waited about 20 minutes around 4:00. Although, it may have been fine to miss half of the first quarter last night...:hmmm:

SAUTO 01-21-2019 11:24 AM

The people in front of me must not have realized they were going to a game.

One girl filled up 3 tubs with stuff out of her pockets.

Probably had over 20 dollars in change...

ChiTown 01-21-2019 11:24 AM

Got in line at 415 and was inside the gate 20 mins later. I entered from the Southeast side of the Stadium at the Sprint Gate

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 14060537)
All of the layers of clothes made it hard for people to find their keys, phones, billfolds to put in trays. The big zippers and metal buttons in overalls would set off metal detectors.

Also the packages of hand warmers were causing alerts.

Almost everyone required a wand down.

Took me over an hour to get through and missed the first few minutes of game,

That makes quite a bit of sense, actually. The process is already slow without all that extra shit.

Dunit35 01-21-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14060534)
Had been in line for 30 minutes when the chiefs sent a alert about gate c. That's too little too late when you are at gate F

They send an alert when lines are small? That’s a good idea in theory. Not if it takes them way too long to get that alert out.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 11:28 AM

One of the guys had a big Gatorade bottle in the liner of a coat he was carrying. They found it. Took it away. He cried. Said it was water that he had forgotten he had put there. The police came over and smelled it and let him have it, but it was at least a couple of minute ordeal.

Over something that was worth nothing.

007 01-21-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14060552)
They send an alert when lines are small? That’s a good idea in theory. Not if it takes them way too long to get that alert out.

I was surprised when it came but by the time we could have escaped the Sea of humanity and run over there the wait probably would have been longer. Honestly it just pissed me off more.

Dunit35 01-21-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14060560)
One of the guys had a big Gatorade bottle in the liner of a coat he was carrying. They found it. Took it away. He cried. Said it was water that he had forgotten he had put there. The police came over and smelled it and let him have it, but it was at least a couple of minute ordeal.

Over something that was worth nothing.

They really need him to buy that $9 beer.

My wife bout lost her shit when she got charged $15 for two small waters. Made my wife more mad when the lady argued with her about charging us for the large waters.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14060581)
They really need him to buy that $9 beer.

My wife bout lost her shit when she got charged $15 for two small waters. Made my wife more mad when the lady argued with her about charging us for the large waters.

He really didn't know it was there. And it was water.

It was stupid on his part.

Predarat 01-21-2019 12:05 PM

Wow an hour before kickoff should be plenty of time. With the price fans pay for the games there should be no issue getting in. I know you cannot expect 80,000 to be able to get through if they all show up 15 minutes before kickoff, but with people showing up as early as they did they should be able to make it.

seclark 01-21-2019 12:31 PM

i walked through an hour early and two security guys pulled me over and ran two wands all over me. made me empty my pockets and shit. i was wearing coveralls and a heavy coat, but no more than anyone else.

they were nice about it, though. ****, i'm 58 years old...i'm lucky to walk up the damn steps to my seat. what kind of trouble do i look like i'm gonna cause?
sec

doomy3 01-21-2019 12:35 PM

It was completely inexcusable. We left the Bud Light tailgate party at 4:15, and got right in line for the ticket gate. We stood in line for one hour and 20 minutes and missed about the first 5-6 minutes by the time we made it to our seats.

Nigerian Nightmare 01-21-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14060525)

We used the ramp entrance between B and C lot. Arrived around 4:25 and missed the national anthem, barely caught the kickoff. The entire experience was incredibly frustrating. Similar thing happened on opening day against the 49ers -- you would think they would have made some improvements nearly 5 months later for the AFCCG.

kcclone 01-21-2019 01:00 PM

You have to get in early, or risk standing in line for 45 min. These giant old stadiums weren't designed with with 80,000 fans going through metal detectors in mind.

The new 60-65k stadiums are way smoother for entry, but they were built in a different era (and the ticket prices reflect the amenities).

The bottom line is that 60 min prior to kick, you have to decide would you rather drink cheap beer in the lot and probably miss the pre-game stuff, or get in early and pay big $$$ for beers.

L.A. Chieffan 01-21-2019 01:03 PM

Can you smoke a blunt while you wait in line?

Buehler445 01-21-2019 01:03 PM

I got in line about 3:35 or 3:40. It wasn’t bad. But it sucked ****ing ass to take my hat off.

Some damn how all the zippers and buttons on my cover all’s didn’t set off the detector.

I will say the people were nice.

the steam 01-21-2019 01:03 PM

The terrorists have won

007 01-21-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14060782)
You have to get in early, or risk standing in line for 45 min. These giant old stadiums weren't designed with with 80,000 fans going through metal detectors in mind.

The new 60-65k stadiums are way smoother for entry, but they were built in a different era (and the ticket prices reflect the amenities).

The bottom line is that 60 min prior to kick, you have to decide would you rather drink cheap beer in the lot and probably miss the pre-game stuff, or get in early and pay big $$$ for beers.

I don't purchase a goddamned thing when I enter the stadium. THIS IS NOT THE FANS FAULT.

ChiTown 01-21-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 14060789)
Can you smoke a blunt while you wait in line?

I doubt you are allowed to, but I guarangawdamntee you that people in my area of the line were.

kcclone 01-21-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14060798)
I don't purchase a goddamned thing when I enter the stadium. THIS IS NOT THE FANS FAULT.

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault. It is what it is. But the choice that I laid out is the reality.

mnchiefsguy 01-21-2019 01:12 PM

We got in line super early and had no problems. Was in the stadium by 415.

But I agree, getting in line an hour before kick off is more than reasonable. You should expect to be able to get in to get your seat in that timeframe.

007 01-21-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14060815)
I'm not saying it's anyone's fault. It is what it is. But the choice that I laid out is the reality.

It's fine man. With everything that happened last night. This is the only thing I'm truly upset about.

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Or drink no beer at all? You’re acting as if that’s the primary goal here by only including those two choices.

kcclone 01-21-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14060844)
Or drink no beer at all? You’re acting as if that’s the primary goal here by only including those two choices.

I stopped drinking over a decade ago, and I get there early, so it's not a problem for me.

For the average fan at Camerohead though, that's a very realistic choice......

Take out the drinking part, and the choice remains the same. Build in enough time to get in early, or risk missing pre-game. I get there on time, so I don't really care.

007 01-21-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14060856)
I stopped drinking over a decade ago, and I get there early, so it's not a problem for me.

For the average fan at Camerohead though, that's a very realistic choice......

Four beers all day. Last beer two hours before kickoff. Stop it.

Not every one is there to be drunk.

kcclone 01-21-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14060867)

I'm not the one crying and blaming others. I don't care if you miss the pre-game or how much or little you drink.

If you can't build in enough time to get into your seats for a 5:40 kick, I don't know what to tell you.

ChiTown 01-21-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14060867)

Crazy enough, I saw more sober fans at Arrowhead than normal. It was as if the fans knew they had to be coherent enough to be an integral part of the game last night..........unfortunately, the D and DC were Drunk.

007 01-21-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14060874)
I'm not the one crying and blaming others. I don't care if you miss the pre-game or how much or little you drink.

If you can't build in enough time to get into your seats for a 5:40 kick, I don't know what to tell you.

LMAO. Whatever dude.

CoMoChief 01-21-2019 01:29 PM

It took longer to get inside stadium this time....not sure why.

Missed national anthem. oh well.

bobbything 01-21-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigerian Nightmare (Post 14060771)
you would think they would have made some improvements nearly 5 months later for the AFCCG.

It's been a problem for at least two years.

bobbything 01-21-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14060874)

Just because people should budget over an hour to get to their seats doesn't mean that's the way it should be. The Chiefs need to fix this problem. All of it, from getting into the parking lot to getting into the stadium to getting out of the parking lot.

The whole experience sucks.

Bugeater 01-21-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

They just spent a couple hundred million or three renovating the ****ing place 8 years ago.

Bugeater 01-21-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 14060920)
Just because people should budget over an hour to get to their seats doesn't mean that's the way it should be. The Chiefs need to fix this problem. All of it, from getting into the parking lot to getting into the stadium to getting out of the parking lot.

The whole experience sucks.

I don't know if there really is a way to solve getting out of the parking lot with the way the streets are laid out in the area. There's only a handful of ways out.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2019 02:43 PM

I got in line at 4 and was in my seat by 5.

You were playing with fire if you got in line later. Your choice to be a fan who tailgates too long.

wazu 01-21-2019 03:03 PM

It's gotten continually worse. Used to be safe if you got in line an hour before kickoff. Now I agree you need to get in line closer to an hour and a half to be safe. We actually must've found the best gate because we didn't really get in line until about 4:50, but made it to seats in time for intro and anthem.

Also recommend when you get in line, go for somewhere in the middle. People tend to walk up and clog the outer lines. This also kind of commits them to a particular x-ray station, whereas the middle has multiple stations.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14060876)
Crazy enough, I saw more sober fans at Arrowhead than normal.

Higher ticket prices keep out the trash.

wazu 01-21-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14060876)
Crazy enough, I saw more sober fans at Arrowhead than normal. It was as if the fans knew they had to be coherent enough to be an integral part of the game last night..........unfortunately, the D and DC were Drunk.

Yeah, most of us were hopeful we would come away with a lot of great memories that we didn't want to be clouded or lost by alcohol. My group made up for it after the game.

007 01-21-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14061232)
It's gotten continually worse. Used to be safe if you got in line an hour before kickoff. Now I agree you need to get in line closer to an hour and a half to be safe. We actually must've found the best gate because we didn't really get in line until about 4:50, but made it to seats in time for intro and anthem.

Also recommend when you get in line, go for somewhere in the middle. People tend to walk up and clog the outer lines. This also kind of commits them to a particular x-ray station, whereas the middle has multiple stations.

Going to the middle is always my strategy. Learned that lesson last year. If it were up to me I'd be in there when the gates open but I have other responsibilities with my friends with teardown first. I was honestly surprised we had it all down and in line with an hour to spare. Should have been more than enough. It was no issue last week.

jjkrueg 01-21-2019 09:06 PM

Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is the gate in question. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac13145d70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007 01-21-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkrueg (Post 14062361)
Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is the gate in question. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac13145d70.jpg

I thought it looked big from the ground. Damn, way worse than I thought.

It's there a timestamp on that picture?

jjkrueg 01-21-2019 09:24 PM

Can’t find one. My cousin got it from twitter but I can’t find the source. Judging by the fact is still daylight I’m guessing 430 neighborhood. We hit that gate at 415, line wasn’t that bad but we went to another gate, were in about 5:15. It’s really getting bad.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2019 09:27 PM

All the entrances looked like that when they were doing the aerial views during the pregame.

wazu 01-21-2019 10:20 PM

Do other stadiums have this problem?

Skyy God 01-21-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

<b>The bottom line is that 60 min prior to kick, you have to decide would you rather drink cheap beer in the lot and probably miss the pre-game stuff, or get in early and pay big $$$ for beers</b>.

Sounds like a feature, not a bug.

Clark just trying to line his pockets.

Chief Northman 01-21-2019 10:30 PM

What a mess getting in and out of the lot yesterday. No real issues getting into the stadium, but the traffic flow is a disgrace. Hire a few humans to play traffic cop for exiting too, not just for getting parked.

KChiefs1 01-21-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14060540)
The people in front of me must not have realized they were going to a game.

One girl filled up 3 tubs with stuff out of her pockets.

Probably had over 20 dollars in change...

Probably a lot of first-timers there yesterday.

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the steam (Post 14060793)
The terrorists have won

Yyyyyyyyyyyup.

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 12:39 AM

Yeah, these electronic tickets are da'bom....

I'm glad I missed that part too. But hey, I got most of my Cozumel dive schedule set. :)

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Sweet Jesus...

suzzer99 01-22-2019 12:49 AM

That is INSANE. Definitely don't want to be on the far left either - tons more people between you and the gate.

There are so many ways they could fix that situation if they want to. But obviously they want to discourage people from drinking too much in the parking lot - which is pretty ****ing ridiculous for the stadium that bills itself as a tailgaters paradise.

Maybe they have something like TSA pre-screen - where they do a background check on you and you get the light security screen.

007 01-22-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14062772)
Yeah, these electronic tickets are da'bom....

I'm glad I missed that part too. But hey, I got most of my Cozumel dive schedule set. :)

There was one guy in front of us that had his phone die in line. Thats all on him, but E ticketing is still a ****ing disaster.

Etickets are great as a backup but I still prefer a physical ticket. Physical tickets scan faster than e tickets and you don't have to deal with people that aren't electronically adept.

Also, the express lane. ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO What a ****ing joke.

wazu 01-22-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14062798)
There was one guy in front of us that had his phone die in line. Thats all on him, but E ticketing is still a ****ing disaster.

Etickets are great as a backup but I still prefer a physical ticket. Physical tickets scan faster than e tickets and you don't have to deal with people that aren't electronically adept.

Also, the express lane. ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO What a ****ing joke.

My group had several phones dying because of the cold. My phone had the tickets so we were fine, but definitely something to consider if you are going all mobile tickets to a cold weather game.

007 01-22-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14062799)
My group had several phones dying because of the cold. My phone had the tickets so we were fine, but definitely something to consider if you are going all mobile tickets to a cold weather game.

I've made it a point to have my phone at 100% when I arrive in the parking lot and try to avoid using it while tailgating. Cold can zap a battery but if you are smart with it, that can be avoided. If a persons phone is going from 100% to 0% in line, they need a new phone.

bevischief 01-22-2019 03:13 AM

Boob need his Depends. Can't Depends scalpers.

Angry fan 01-22-2019 03:20 AM

Quote:

I remember seeing this from the blimp/helicopter view at some point during the pregame broadcast. I think I saw multiple piles like this, I was kinda surprised.

SuperBowl4 01-22-2019 05:57 AM

But the guy with the rubber gloves was surprisingly gentle!

SAUTO 01-22-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14062593)
Probably a lot of first-timers there yesterday.

these people were STH...

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 09:07 AM

I'm surprised there arent fights in line when I went to the Colts game everybody was cutting infront of everyone

Renegade 01-22-2019 09:26 AM

I stood in the "express" lane with no bags no blankets for 45 minutes. I got in line at 345 and through security at 4:30. Taking everything out of the pockets was a pain.

Monty 01-22-2019 09:34 AM

The wait was beyond ridiculous. I bypassed this as my wife's friend is dealing with Parkinson's and we took the handicapped entrance, but that's the only reason we made it in on time. FWIW, the girls weren't even scanned. They were allowed to go straight through, but I think it was due to the utter chaos going on in the lanes next to us.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14060434)
007 said he got in line an hour before kickoff and still missed half of the first quarter. I don't know wtf is going on down there these days but that is flat out unacceptable.

I was in line for an hour and realized that not only had I not gone forward, but people just weren't lining up at ALL, they were simply mashing into to a morass so I wasn't any further back either. I just gave up and walked to a different gate. Missed the first two drives even though we were in line at 4:40.

The community america gate was an unbelievable shit-show and I don't think that was the case everywhere.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Yep - that's the one.

Look, anyone blaming the fans here has no idea what actually happened. The other gates didn't do this according to anyone else I spoke with. They were moving according to script.

At this gate, however, the line wouldn't move for 10-15 minute intervals and then suddenly the entire thing would just squeeze forward 3-4 strides with people pushing like a phalanx in medieval war. I've had STs for over a decade and while I am usually in early, I've gone in at all different times and with over 100 games of experience under my belt I have NEVER seen anything like that.

The people manning the Community America gate between lots F and E simply lost the damn thread. It was a complete failure on the part of Arrowhead and their security.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-22-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14062799)

My phone died right when we got through security and before they were going to scan my tix. I had to pull out a sticky toe warmer and put on the back for about 5 minutes and it turned back on... iphones hate the cold and even with a full battery go black if they get too cold.

KC Dan 01-22-2019 10:48 AM

Stansions bolted into the ground with chains making lanes all the way to the street. Could be prevented. They just don't want it to be until they get the bejesus sued out of them...That was the worst cluster...

Lzen 01-22-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14060439)
What are they doing that they weren't doing before that is slowing things down? Pregame body cavity searches?

I have been going to Chiefs games for 25 years. This year was the worst I have ever seen. During the regular season, I went to 4 games. 2 of them to about an hour to get into the stadium. Each time was a different gate. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with electronic ticketing. I mean, I get wanting to use modern technology, but not everyone is up to snuff on that.

Lzen 01-22-2019 11:26 AM

For this game, we went in early (not sure exactly what time it was but it was probably still 3 something. We were in line for maybe 20 minutes and got into the stadium an hour before game time.

Dayze 01-22-2019 11:27 AM

get in much earlier.
and swing by the pro shop!