ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741524)
Don’t use stats to point out abt flaws of the Chiefs. Got cha.

The defense has caught fire since week 11. Using the #26 defense in the league against the run bullshit just shows that you aren't using any context - they're #4 against the run since week 11, and they shut down what many consider the best running back in the AFC, a guy who went for 180 yards a game over the first 2 playoff games...

But hey, don't take my word for it.

Just do me a favor : come back here and admit you were wrong after we stomp a mudhole in that Santa Clara ass on Feb 2.

Ok?

DRM08 01-20-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741565)
You obviously didn't watch the 49ers run game all season.

The 49ers ranked 2nd in the run game during the season.

Derrick Henry? Really ?

The 49ers are not the Texans or the Titans they are an offense that the Chiefs 26th ranked Defense has never seen all year.

Mahomes is good...very good but without a decent run game behind him and with a weak defense ? That trip to Miami will not end well for the Chiefs.

The media is blowing up the Chiefs offense and the 49er defense along with the 49er run game. There is a reason why nobody is taking the Chiefs defense seriously. It's because they do not have one.

Kyle Shanahan is smiling from ear to ear.

It won't be close.

49ers by 15

Keep doubting Mahomes. Zero losses above 1 TD in his pro career. Kid is a fighter and this one will not be easy for either team IMHO.

dirk digler 01-20-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 14741519)
The Chiefs pretty clearly were holding the offense back a little later in the season and they essentially shut down the offense basically all season in the fourth quarter when points weren’t needed when the Chiefs won by two or more scores. It has led to not getting nearly as many points as they easily could have and is really the only reason they don’t have the number one ranked offense statistically.

The Chiefs won 7 games by two or more scores. In the fourth quarter of those games they scored 38 points for 5.4 points per fourth quarter.

For comparison The 49ers had eight games won by two or more scores and in the fourth quarter of those games they scored 66 points for a 8.25 average.

The Chiefs offense has been the best all season despite what people want to say about the Ravens or someone else. And you are seeing it in the playoffs with us no longer holding back the scoring.

Honestly I think it had more to do with all the injuries we had with Pat, Hill and Fisher. Not that we are fully healthy, especially Pat we are back to raping defenses like last year.

Hern 01-20-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14741552)
Normally, after reading the obvious ignorance of your first four posts, I would put you on 'ignore.'

But I'm bored.

So . . .

I'll point out that I didn't say what you are inferring. At all.

What I said was that posting that the Chiefs have the "26th worst rush defense in the league," isn't accurate, because it includes the first 8 weeks of the season, and doesn't adequately describe their improvement since week 7 or 8.

Conversely, our running defense isn't top 3 either, which it would appear to be if one just looked at their stats from the month of December, for example.

The truth of it is, that while we had a pretty tough schedule for the first 10 weeks or so, it got a lot easier down the stretch, with the real exception of the Chargers, who were ranked 10th offensively overall. And in spite of their terrible turn-over ratio, were somewhat of a tough out.

So in reality, our run defense isn't really 26th anymore. It couldn't be, or we couldn't have held Derrick Henry to just 69 yards on Sunday. And anyone who watched them play in the first 6 weeks vs. the last four games can easily see without even looking at the stat lines that the Chiefs defense is significantly better at stopping the run than they were in September. Our DL is lining up better more consistently, our LBs are aligning themselves better, they're attacking the gaps better, our DEs are setting the edges better, and so on.

Again, they aren't perfect; they're just better than what they were.

And someone else can find and post it if they care to (I'm whacked on Nyquil right now, so I'm not going to) but if you look up the advanced weighted stat analyses available, you'd find our run defense is somewhere around 10th over the last 8 weeks or so. Not 26th.

But if you want to believe that the Chiefs' run D is 26th, go right ahead. Then when we hold your RBs to something like 100-125 yards, you can blame your OC more easily I guess.

But I want you to remember this: your RBs will run pretty well in the first half. But sometime towards the end of the half or early in the third quarter, our defense will start plugging holes. And your RBs won't be nearly as effective for the rest of the game. And if Pat finds his groove in the third, we're going to get up on your defense by 14 points. And you'll abandon the run. And then we'll see if Jimmy G. can go toe-to-toe with Pat Mahomes. Throw for throw, TD for TD.

I’ll post one more thing just to earn that ignore button.

I don’t Want to believe the Chiefs are ranked 26th. They are ranked 26th. But like I said, if you wanna only look at the back end of the schedule because that’s when your defense improved, cool beans. Whatever fits your narrative.

And if you want an answer to the bold, just look at the 49ers vs Saints. Jimmy G held his own going up against Brees.

Megatron96 01-20-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Derrick Henry? Really ?

The 49ers are not the Texans or the Titans they are an offense that the Chiefs 26th ranked Defense has never seen all year.

Mahomes is good...very good but without a decent run game behind him and with a weak defense ? That trip to Miami will not end well for the Chiefs.

The media is blowing up the Chiefs offense and the 49er defense along with the 49er run game. There is a reason why nobody is taking the Chiefs defense seriously. It's because they do not have one.

It won't be close.

49ers by 15

"Tah-dah . . ." what did I say? it's like clock-work I tell you. I should buy a crystal ball and start telling everyone's futures . . .

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

It won't be close.

49ers by 15

You sound like all those Tits fans that came here last week.

Good luck.

I hope ShanaratJr. eats his Wheaties.

Hern 01-20-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14741571)
The defense has caught fire since week 11. Using the #26 defense in the league against the run bullshit just shows that you aren't using any context - they're #4 against the run since week 11, and they shut down what many consider the best running back in the AFC, a guy who went for 180 yards a game over the first 2 playoff games...

But hey, don't take my word for it.

Just do me a favor : come back here and admit you were wrong after we stomp a mudhole in that Santa Clara ass on Feb 2.

Ok?

What would you like me to come back and admit???

I’m literally saying you guys are the better team.

Halfcan 01-20-2020 10:58 PM

Shanarat Jr. will probably spray down his O linemen with cooking spray just as his rat-faced Dad did in Denver.

The rat does not fall too far away from the cheese.

DRM08 01-20-2020 10:58 PM

It's pretty disingenuous to say the Chiefs have a terrible run defense and then give them ZERO credit for shutting down Derrick effing Henry (behind a KILLER offensive line).

Personally, I think the 49ers passing game could be way more of a factor in this game. Kittle is a hell of a tight end. Shanahan is a great play caller. They have some good weapons at RB/WR that they can use in the passing game as well.

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741578)
What would you like me to come back and admit???

I’m literally saying you guys are the better team.

Then how come you don't know that Mahomes is better than that imposter Watson?

How come you don't understand that "#26 run defense" means **** all at this point?

Megatron96 01-20-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741574)

I don’t Want to believe the Chiefs are ranked 26th. They are ranked 26th. But like I said, if you wanna only look at the back end of the schedule because that’s when your defense improved, cool beans. Whatever fits your narrative.

And if you want an answer to the bold, just look at the 49ers vs Saints. Jimmy G held his own going up against Brees.

As I said, believe what you will. Though it's becoming obvious that you don't understand how stats actually work, and what they are intended to describe.

As for comparing Drew Brees and the Saints passing attack to Pat and the Chiefs receivers is apples and oranges.

The Saints offense doesn't have any speed receivers, certainly nothing like what we have in Hill, Kelce, Watkins and Hardman.

And while Drew Brees is a HOF QB he isn't anywhere near the same type of thrower that Pat is. He can't throw over the top anymore, and never could throw the way Mahomes throws.

Which you really should know after how Pat literally disemboweled your secondary last year.

Halfcan 01-20-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Derrick Henry? Really ?

It won't be close.

49ers by 15

Thanks for posting this valuable opinion. It is probably hard to get internet from your San Fran homeless tent.

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14741588)
Thanks for posting this valuable opinion. It is probably hard to get internet from your San Fran homeless tent.

Probably just took a shit on the sidewalk.

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741574)

Drew Brees sucks more cock than a San Francisco queer.

Jimmy G held his own against shit.

Get ready for the REAL Bruce LeRoy.

Hern 01-20-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14741581)
Then how come you don't know that Mahomes is better than that imposter Watson?

How come you don't understand that "#26 run defense" means **** all at this point?

I was referring to this poster saying that stats are irrelevant. So I asked him to prove that Mahomes is better than Watson without using stats.

As far as the #26 ranking, it get a little irritating when posters start ignoring 2019 stats and only look at the weeks that their defense looked stellar. I’m not bringing up stats. I’m only responding to the ones that are.

We played the toughest stretch of games with multiple injuries. Or else we’d be ranked higher. You guys had your share on injuries so I don’t bring it up.

But it’s obvious that your team got healthy after week 11 (I assume) but we didn’t get fully healthy till the Viking game 2 weeks ago.