ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Have we signed a new punter yet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330296)

Rausch 04-01-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14879751)
No freaking way we go into the season with Colquitt at that price. He needs to retire

Shut your whore mouth...

Rausch 04-01-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14880177)
I'll take it.

It would make more sense to cut Sammy...

ChiTown 04-01-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14879954)
Don't the Chiefs have like $177 in cap space right now?

Which is plenty to sign a Punter.......

TinyEvel 04-01-2020 10:08 AM

They should go down and scout someone from the Jamaican rugby team, some dude who is not practicing because the Olympic got cancelled, and so he's just out behind his house punting melons into an old trash dumpster 70 yards across the street from an empty farm.

Veach pulls up in a taxi. Talks to the guy for a few minutes, he gets in, comes to America and wins the Chiefs Ring #3.

Disney makes a biopic about him two years later: COOL PUNTINGS

SuperBowl4 04-01-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14880256)
It would make more sense to cut Sammy...

Keeping Sammy Watkins would be a disaster against the cap. SW is too injury prone. Don't hang on, move on.

Mecca 04-01-2020 10:14 AM

They have to think they can come to a contract agreement, there's no other reason to keep him around.

Chief Roundup 04-01-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14879963)
Something like that.

Colquitt got his ring, he was MVP in the Romeo Crennell and Herm Edwards eras.

Time for him to retire. How many punts did he have blocked last year?

Those were not his fault. :facepalm:

Chief Roundup 04-01-2020 10:31 AM

$2M for this year is cheap.

Kiimo 04-01-2020 11:55 AM

Love when people say move on from Sammy as if that was the only two options.

If Sammy restructures I absolutely want him on this team.

If you are feeling cluttered, clean your house instead of jumping on CP and yelling out cut his ass! as if you are sweeping away the debris.

Sammy is a playoff and big game player and I absolutely want him on this team next year. He knows his contract won't work here or anywhere else. He'll restructure.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14880051)
I'd rather colquitt take a pay cut because I'd like to get him another ring or two.

I don't think he can. I think he is on the Vet Minimum for the years he has accumulated...

InChiefsHeaven 04-01-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14880120)
Blocked punts in the NFL are caused by a bad snap or poor getoff time, but most of the time, they are a result of a missed assignment, true.

The amount of increased blocks might be due to blocking or missed assignments, but I'm sensing a slower hitch in Dustin's getoff giddyup...

I only remember 2 this season. I'd have to look at it, but I don't recall thinking Dustin was at fault...

BWillie 04-01-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14879751)
No freaking way we go into the season with Colquitt at that price. He needs to retire, we need a couple decent free agents to choose from...

Isn't Britton Colquitt a free agent?

Why do we need a punter? Just let Tyreek do it the 2 or 3 times a year we will do it.

Save the roster spot. :D

rabblerouser 04-01-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14880703)
Why do we need a punter? Just let Tyreek do it the 2 or 3 times a year we will do it.

Save the roster spot. :D

Damn, you're on a roll today...

bowener 04-01-2020 01:28 PM

I need the NFL to evolve the punter position by phasing it out. Don't get me wrong, punting should still be part of the game, but it should be thought of differently.

This would only be good for teams that believe in the analytics of going for it on 4th down. Instead of having a dedicated punter have your QB learn to do rugby style pooch punts. If your starting offense stays on the field the other team won't have their return team out, and if they do you go for it anyway. I think Patrick could manage to kick a pooch punt 40 yards at least. The ball would roll some distance and there would almost never be a return.

rabblerouser 04-01-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14880729)
I need the NFL to evolve the punter position by phasing it out. Don't get me wrong, punting should still be part of the game, but it should be thought of differently.

This would only be good for teams that believe in the analytics of going for it on 4th down. Instead of having a dedicated punter have your QB learn to do rugby style pooch punts. If your starting offense stays on the field the other team won't have their return team out, and if they do you go for it anyway. I think Patrick could manage to kick a pooch punt 40 yards at least. The ball would roll some distance and there would almost never be a return.

Patrick could probably set best net average records as a punter.