ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Thanksgiving 2017 food (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311518)

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 08:14 AM

Thanksgiving 2017 food

We're almost a week out (realized that yesterday and can't believe it's that quick). What do you have planning for the big food day?

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 08:16 AM

The wife gets a turkey every year at her new job, hams at Christmas. I'm thinking about doing my first fried turkey. I have the gear, just need to do it. Other than stuffing and mashed potatoes, no clue what else I'll make. The wife is in charge of pies - I'm sure there will be a pumpkin. I didn't get a pecan last year, so that's a must this year.

loochy 11-14-2017 08:16 AM

Prime rib

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13215955)
Prime rib
Posted via Mobile Device

I did that a few years ago. Did not regret it! :thumb:

Bugeater 11-14-2017 08:19 AM

Our famous cooking bag turkey as usual.

loochy 11-14-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13215957)
I did that a few years ago. Did not regret it! :thumb:

Unfortunately, I'm going to buy it instead of cook it. I've never made it before and I don't want to ruin it for Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll practice my own over Christmas break.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13215967)
Unfortunately, I'm going to buy it instead of cook it. I've never made it before and I don't want to ruin it for Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll practice my own over Christmas break.

If you have a probe thermometer, it's pretty easy.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/m...e-rib-52990621

Cooking it at 200 degrees makes it darn near fool proof and gives you a ton of leeway.

loochy 11-14-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13215979)
If you have a probe thermometer, it's pretty easy.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/m...e-rib-52990621

Cooking it at 200 degrees makes it darn near fool proof and gives you a ton of leeway.

:hmmm: thanks, that DOES look pretty easy

scho63 11-14-2017 08:38 AM

This Thanksgiving will be the first time in 10 years that I am not going to the Stonewall Golf Course for their buffet. I am sad......:deevee:

Trying to find a good one here in Scottsdale

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13215984)
:hmmm: thanks, that DOES look pretty easy

It's pretty scary cooking $100 junk of meat, but that low/slow model with a leave-in probe makes it super simple.

KCUnited 11-14-2017 08:44 AM

It's just me and the wife this year and I'm feeling totally uninspired by Thanksgiving food. Plus, that's a ton of food to cook for just 2 people. Thinking of going a totally different direction, or going out somewhere. Just have to convince the wife.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13216002)
It's just me and the wife this year and I'm feeling totally uninspired by Thanksgiving food. Plus, that's a ton of food to cook for just 2 people. Thinking of going a totally different direction, or going out somewhere. Just have to convince the wife.

It's just me and the wife, too, but they're giving us a damn turkey.

We historically went non-traditional - steaks, lasagna, homemade pasta. We'd just plan a nice meal for the two of us and spend extra to get really good ingredients.

KCUnited 11-14-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216009)
It's just me and the wife, too, but they're giving us a damn turkey.

We historically went non-traditional - steaks, lasagna, homemade pasta. We'd just plan a nice meal for the two of us and spend extra to get really good ingredients.

I was thinking lasagna, or some type of pasta, as that's somewhat of a rarity for us.

Sorce 11-14-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13215952)
We're almost a week out (realized that yesterday and can't believe it's that quick). What do you have planning for the big food day?

Going to parents but I'm taking the big easy over there to do the turkey. We are also making a butternut squash and green apple risotto for a side.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13216148)
Going to parents but I'm taking the big easy over there to do the turkey. We are also making a butternut squash and green apple risotto for a side.

"The big easy"?

Rasputin 11-14-2017 09:59 AM

I hope Cowboys lose and Jerry Jones chokes on a turkey bone.

Sorce 11-14-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13215954)
The wife gets a turkey every year at her new job, hams at Christmas. I'm thinking about doing my first fried turkey. I have the gear, just need to do it. Other than stuffing and mashed potatoes, no clue what else I'll make. The wife is in charge of pies - I'm sure there will be a pumpkin. I didn't get a pecan last year, so that's a must this year.

You could always break the turkey down and sous vide parts of it. Last year we just had my parents over and they had just bought a turkey breast. I removed the bones and basically made the two halves into a roast. Best turkey breast I've ever had. Basically followed this recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...nksgiving.html

I added garlic powder to the salt pepper mixture because I love garlic.

I've also seen recipes for confit turkey legs in the sous vide that have cooked 24 hrs. I haven't tried those yet but it's on the list.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13216167)
You could always break the turkey down and sous vide parts of it. Last year we just had my parents over and they had just bought a turkey breast. I removed the bones and basically made the two halves into a roast. Best turkey breast I've ever had. Basically followed this recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...nksgiving.html

I added garlic powder to the salt pepper mixture because I love garlic.

I've also seen recipes for confit turkey legs in the sous vide that have cooked 24 hrs. I haven't tried those yet but it's on the list.

May try that next year. Set on the fryer this year. :)

Sorce 11-14-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216154)
"The big easy"?

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-TR.../dp/B001HBI7D8

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13216169)

So that's basically a big air fryer/convection oven, right?

Simply Red 11-14-2017 10:03 AM

this year we're all breaking - Going to Ted's - they put out a nice TG dinner.

Sorce 11-14-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216174)
So that's basically a big air fryer/convection oven, right?

Pretty much, works pretty well on birds of any sort.

cooper barrett 11-14-2017 10:39 AM

I will be drinking for Thanksgiving and and smoking pork ribs and probably, smoked/ wine braised/ seared beef ribs that I picked up from the high priced butcher.

The Granddaughter (correction) Grandson is being born on the Tuesday after TD unless he has a mind of his own. The SO will fly home and we will pack for AZ for the winter and spring.

ptlyon 11-14-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13216257)
I will be drinking for Thanksgiving and and smoking pork ribs and probably, smoked/ wine braised/ seared beef ribs that I picked up from the high priced butcher.

The Granddaughter is being born on the Tuesday after TD unless he has a mind of his own. The SO will fly home and we will pack for AZ for the winter and spring.

Did they name her Kaitlyn yet?

Bwana 11-14-2017 10:55 AM

A turkey is giving its life for my annual feast. I normally go this direction with the exception of a Prime about once every 4 years. Normally I save the prime for New Year's Eve.

Buehler445 11-14-2017 11:00 AM

I realized a few years ago, I don't really like most of the food at thanksgiving. It's not bad, I'd just rather have something else.

KCUnited 11-14-2017 11:02 AM

Got the wife sold on pasta. Anyone ever tried a baked ziti with pumpkin and sausage? I've seen several recipes online and am a bit intrigued.

loochy 11-14-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13216293)
I realized a few years ago, I don't really like most of the food at thanksgiving. It's not bad, I'd just rather have something else.

Aww man, really? I'm the opposite. I wish they served traditional Thanksgiving food more often.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13216303)
Got the wife sold on pasta. Anyone ever tried a baked ziti with pumpkin and sausage? I've seen several recipes online and am a bit intrigued.

Not baked ziti, but I've had similar ravioli that was excellent.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13216306)
Aww man, really? I'm the opposite. I wish they served traditional Thanksgiving food more often.
Posted via Mobile Device

I could take or leave the turkey, but I love me some mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, pecan pie...

Buehler445 11-14-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13216306)
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh. Nothing is really bad, I just like other food better.

-Not a big Turkey Guy. By the time winter is over, I'm over ham.
-Mashed potatoes are mashed potatoes - I used to eat the shit out of them, but sometime between when I went to college and now, my pallet changed and I'm not all about them anymore. Too rich I think.
-Veggies are veggies.
-Not a big casserole guy.
-Our family hasn't done much with cranberry. Not a big fan anyway.
-Not a huge pie guy.

Problem is I kick out decent smoked turkey - so my family insists on it. I even offered to cook steak one time and got yelled at.

tooge 11-14-2017 11:12 AM

I did the Alton Brown dry brined turkey the past two years and it's the best turkey I've ever had. I cook two of them. One of them will be on the Weber kettle with offset coals, so it'll be smoked with pecan wood. The other I'll do more traditionally in the oven.
cranberry/walnut relish
Butternut squash with bacon and pecans
mashed taters
a big spinach salad with mixed veggies
peach pie
I'll come up with another side too, probably with brussel sprouts.

Rasputin 11-14-2017 11:22 AM

As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly / Arthur Carlson WKRP

O.city 11-14-2017 11:31 AM

Gonna fry a wild bird this year, if I can kill one next week on my "deer" hunt.

If not I'll fry a regular one and may end up smoking one. Last year I did 1 of each.

Simply Red 11-14-2017 11:51 AM

If any of you do Ted's Montana Grill - they put out a very lovely TG dinner - cheaper than making it and a hell of a lot easier. Just an idea.

Simply Red 11-14-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13216386)
Gonna fry a wild bird this year, if I can kill one next week on my "deer" hunt.

If not I'll fry a regular one and may end up smoking one. Last year I did 1 of each.

OH!

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 12:09 PM

Anyone have a recommendation for seasoning on a fried turkey?

Simply Red 11-14-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216442)

I wanted to tell you - has nothing to do w/ your post - but I'll forget.

Next time you do chicken wings - add some oregano flakes to your sauce. I know it sounds funny but it's a chemistry much like peanut butter+chocolate. Just works.

Frosty 11-14-2017 12:28 PM

Eating at the in-laws' this year so overcooked, dry turkey dipped in mashed potatoes it is.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2017 12:33 PM

Here's a tip for your serving day: A large Thermos is an excellent container for gravy. Use what you want in the gravy boat, but keep the extra in the Thermos - it'll stay perfect consistency and not thicken for hours.

srvy 11-14-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13216184)
Pretty much, works pretty well on birds of any sort.

So the drip juice collection tray can it be used for the dripping and gravy etc. Many times I find it gets to hot and burns on grills. This is interesting as I was going to smoke the bird on the Camp Chef pellet grill I purchased but I just wasnt happy with results my first smoke with it.

cooper barrett 11-14-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13216257)

The Grandson is being born on the Tuesday after TD unless he has a mind of his own. The SO will fly home and we will pack for AZ for the winter and spring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13216273)
Did they name her Kaitlyn yet?

I corrected it... thanks, now all the hookers are laughing

gblowfish 11-14-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216469)
Here's a tip for your serving day: A large Thermos is an excellent container for gravy. Use what you want in the gravy boat, but keep the extra in the Thermos - it'll stay perfect consistency and not thicken for hours.

I have relatives that would probably drink an entire thermos of gravy if allowed to.....

I love Cranberries. LOVE them. I like whole berries and the jellied Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce too.
Every Thanksgiving I go to Frankfort, KS with my wife's side of the family. It's a free for all. I've had Thanksgiving dinner in the front seat of my car from a paper plate with plastic knife and fork many of the 24 years I've been married to Mrs. Blowfish. It's OK, it's a big family gathering, so its just comes with the deal.

I usually get deviled eggs, green bean casserole with the onion ring topping, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, stuffing, hot rolls and butter, cranberries (yeah baby) black olives, spiced apple rings, black cherry jello with black cherrys and chunks of pineapple inside, some kind of corn casserole, Stephenson's Apple Cider and Tippin's Chocolate Pie for dessert. And there's always one of those big electric roasting pans full of turkey, and another full of big chunks of Kansas Farm Ham. Iced Tea or Kool Aid if you don't like cider. That's a North Central Kansas Thanksgiving, my friends.

cooper barrett 11-14-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13216418)
If any of you do Ted's Montana Grill - they put out a very lovely TG dinner - cheaper than making it and a hell of a lot easier. Just an idea.

Are you getting a commission or just seeing if anyone is listening to you.

cooper barrett 11-14-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216442)

Brine and inject

cooper barrett 11-14-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13216541)
So the drip juice collection tray can it be used for the dripping and gravy etc. Many times I find it gets to hot and burns on grills. This is interesting as I was going to smoke the bird on the Camp Chef pellet grill I purchased but I just wasnt happy with results my first smoke with it.

My drip container sits over my water bath, if you are smoking at 200-225 you can put onions carrots etc there to cook. I use then for soup but...

I cook on racks like this :
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....zL._SY300_.jpg
or
https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.a...lt_1/BT4XR.jpg

Placing a disposable roasting / baking pan on the drip tray should work but you can always lift it off slightly by using a cooling rack. Drizzle and brush with EVOO and put taters, carrots, onion, garlic there to cook. I try to keep a little liquid in there. I am sure that on a long cook you may want to remove earlier. but with fatty meats I never do. All smokers are different. I know your heating element is bottom center so you just have to try and see.

Remember you need a water bath/ tray for moisture.

Does Camp Chef have a smoker group?

Tell us about the 1st smoke in another thread?

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2017 02:21 PM

Grilled New York Strips, Cajun seasoned boiled shrimp, steak fries, Caesar salad.

I might make Red Lobster biscuits, too.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13216293)

Man, I've never like traditional Thanksgiving food. Stuffing is blech and nearly every turkey I've ever had, regardless of the cook, was dry and overcooked. I know about the turkey bags, throwing on a smoker, etc. but it's just never appealed to me.

Funnily enough, I do enjoy deli turkey, especially Boar's Head Cajun, Salsalito, and Cracked Pepper Mill thinly sliced turkey.

Sorce 11-14-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13216541)

Well on this thing the drip collection tray is below all the heat so you can use it. It is double walled and the propane burns between the walls so no direct heat.

Here is a picture from a previous cook I did. https://i.imgur.com/NouhOae.jpg

I've done a combo with this thing and smoking in the past, start the bird on the smoker for a while at a low temp then finish in this.

Iowanian 11-14-2017 02:45 PM

I'll be happy to eat whatever the esteemed women of our family prepare.

O.city 11-14-2017 02:56 PM

You guys are nuts, thanksgiving food is ****ing awesome.

Demonpenz 11-14-2017 03:21 PM

I have done golden corral

srvy 11-14-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13216800)
I have done golden corral

I did the Corral 2 weeks ago by kids request. The kids enjoy it I hate it but put a happy face for them. Everything I tried was a one bite and push plate aside. I ate the salad with watered down ranch. I actually could have ate the ranch dressing as a salad it had so many things floating in it. I cringed when the kids discovered the chocolate falls with strawberry's and marshmallows. They lived and no signs yet of botulism.

Simply Red 11-14-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13216671)
Grilled New York Strips, Cajun seasoned boiled shrimp, steak fries, Caesar salad.

I might make Red Lobster biscuits, too.

I tell ya - peel n eat shrimp with a nice spice is one of my favorite foods.

srvy 11-14-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13216719)
Well on this thing the drip collection tray is below all the heat so you can use it. It is double walled and the propane burns between the walls so no direct heat.

Here is a picture from a previous cook I did. https://i.imgur.com/NouhOae.jpg

I've done a combo with this thing and smoking in the past, start the bird on the smoker for a while at a low temp then finish in this.

Interesting may have to head for liberty as its 79.00 at Academy Sports. They also have Masterbuilt butterball electric oil less deep fryer that you can at wood chips and smoke while frying for same price.

Stewie 11-14-2017 04:49 PM

My niece is hosting Thanksgiving this year and has never cooked a turkey (she's 38). This is a dinner for 22, so I said I'd bring the wine. Her mom is going to help, but she's a novice, too.

Did I say I'm bringing wine?

bevischief 11-14-2017 06:38 PM

Take out from a bbq joint.

mdstu 11-14-2017 06:47 PM

Anyone done Thanksgiving in Vegas?

I'll need to find a place to eat on Thursday if I'm not already wasted.

MOhillbilly 11-14-2017 07:34 PM

I got one of these late summer http://americanhotbox.com gonna try a turkey. I'll butcher the turkeys Sunday.

Buzz 11-14-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13216469)

I know I have caught a lot of crap over package gravy, still don't have a problem with it, but I have upped my gravy game. Picked this up at Aldi for $3.99 last week, can't wait to try it out. Hard to make enough gravy from one bird if you're doing Omish or egg noodles, need that shit by the gallon.

.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...719371780a.jpg

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

ptlyon 11-14-2017 09:14 PM

Looks like you could give mama the aunt Jamima treatment with that thing

cooper barrett 11-14-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 13217152)
I got one of these late summer http://americanhotbox.com gonna try a turkey. I'll butcher the turkeys Sunday.

Looks like an interesting rig I bet that thing could make for a hell of a clam bake.

http://www.porkportal.com/store/p88/Smoke_Pistol.html

Buzz 11-14-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13217267)
Looks like you could give mama the aunt Jamima treatment with that thing

Son?

Sorce 11-14-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13216944)
Interesting may have to head for liberty as its 79.00 at Academy Sports. They also have Masterbuilt butterball electric oil less deep fryer that you can at wood chips and smoke while frying for same price.

Charbroiled also makes the srg that I've heard good things about that does smoke but it's more expensive.

scho63 11-14-2017 10:01 PM

I've narrowed the choices from 14 restaurants here in Scottsdale/Phoenix down to 2

Grand Resort has carving stations for Turkey, Prime Rib, Pork Loin and Baby Lamb Chops along with a lot of other great stuff.
http://www.arizonagrandresort.com/wp...2017_Flyer.pdf

JW Marriott has a HUGE selection of all kinds of items including carved Turkey, Ham, and New York Striploin plus Sushi, Dim Sum, Charcuterie, Cheese, breakfast items and tons of desserts
http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...ing_Buffet.pdf

I need to decide shortly.........

TimBone 11-14-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13216303)

Won't do pumpkin beer, but you're interested in pumpkin pasta? For shame.

Buzz 11-14-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13217325)

Well, if your wife and family is cooking where is my ****ing invite?

TimBone 11-14-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13217343)
Well, if your wife and family is cooking where is my ****ing invite?

LMAO

to be honest with you, I'm not sure what We're doing this year. It's just us this year. Maybe we'll go the same route as United. Not the pumpkin pasta route, but something non-traditional.

KCUnited 11-15-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Right after I made that pumpkin pasta post, I was like 'WTF I don't even like pumpkin'. Straight pasta it is!

DaKCMan AP 11-15-2017 06:54 AM

We're hosting this year - both sides of the family.

Picked up our turkey last night. We'll have all of the staples - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry, salad, pumpkin pie... Along with some Russian food - vinaigrette salad, herring, caviar, deviled eggs, chicken liver pate, sauerkraut, cheese, smoked salmon - and desserts - chocolate, fruit, waffle cake, apple spice muffins

cooper barrett 11-15-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

http://schlafly.com/uploads/2015/08/03/pumpkin.png

mixed with

http://beer-taster.com/wp-content/up...sog48w.th.jpeg

You will thank me.

cooper barrett 11-15-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13217548)
LMAO

Right after I made that pumpkin pasta post, I was like 'WTF I don't even like pumpkin'. Straight pasta it is!

Try squash instead of pumpkin

https://cdn.jamieoliver.com/recipe-d...1436889976.jpg

Fire Me Boy! 11-15-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13217663)
Try squash instead of pumpkin

Pumpkin is a squash.

Frosty 11-15-2017 09:26 AM

And pumpkin sucks balls (as do other winter squash). Yuck.

tooge 11-15-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13217721)
And pumpkin sucks balls (as do other winter squash). Yuck.

What? then you are doing it wrong. Roasted Butternut squash is freakin awesome and can be added to a number of other things to make a great side. Puree it for soup, add pecans for a nutty sweet crunch, mash it, etc. Same goes for several other squash.

cooper barrett 11-15-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13217713)
Pumpkin is a squash.

No shit?

Did you Google it?:D:D:D:D

I meant Squash!!!!!

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos...re-id526022793

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2202/...1b435de2_o.jpg

Most don't refer to Pumpkin as squash. It's done really well with it's branding campaign. Bayer Not so well

https://images.fineartamerica.com/im...rton-allen.jpg

Sorce 11-15-2017 10:07 AM

Butternut squash ravioli in a sage brown butter sauce is amazing.

Fire Me Boy! 11-15-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13217806)
Butternut squash ravioli in a sage brown butter sauce is amazing.

Truth.

Frosty 11-15-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13217746)
What? then you are doing it wrong. Roasted Butternut squash is freakin awesome and can be added to a number of other things to make a great side. Puree it for soup, add pecans for a nutty sweet crunch, mash it, etc. Same goes for several other squash.

Nope. I have tried in a multitude of different ways and still don't like it. I wish I did like it as there are a lot of amazing looking recipes plus it is pretty healthful.

cooper barrett 11-15-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13218038)
Nope. I have tried in a multitude of different ways and still don't like it. I wish I did like it as there are a lot of amazing looking recipes plus it is pretty healthful.

Ever had speggitti squash?

I use the crap out of it, really good for you. I stocked up at .69 a lb.

https://www.artfrommytable.com/wp-co...Table-Bh-4.jpg