ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325390)

Bearcat 11-12-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14593117)
Hockey is the weirdest sport.

It's the only sport I know of where every team has one guy who's job is to give himself long term brain damage by bare-hand fighting 4 times a week.

IT's the only game that leaves in rules that put people in danger and then say "Yeah, but if someone DOES hit our start center legally and cleanly we have someone to beat the shit out of him for that."

Imagine if every NFL team had one guy who's job it was to enter the game and beat the shit out of anyone who sacks your QB.

I don't hate hockey or anything, but it's really bizarre when you think about it.

Is the NHL still denying a link between CTE and concussions?

It wasn't only to fight, but teams definitely had goons who were there to be overly physical.... the difference being there's no place to hide in hockey.

A safety destroys a receiver, then....? Maybe that safety gets cheap-shotted later if someone goes out of their way to do it?

In hockey, you could get destroyed the very next shift, or as you said, have to answer with a fight.

Who knows how much of a deterrent it really was (and fighting isn't even allowed in college, the Canadian leagues, international play), but most of the goons are out of the league as the game has shifted to be faster and more skilled after rule changes years ago... and they've had review committees in place for a while that will get players suspended for targeted/dangerous hits.

There are still a few players around who just don't get it.... the NHL definitely isn't aggressive with their suspensions by any means, but they actually produce videos of what they saw and the reasoning behind each suspension, including the player's history and comparisons with other suspensions, which is of course incredibly transparent and forward thinking.

IMO, they could do more to get rid of those players who don't get it, and impose lengthier suspensions in many cases.... but, overall, the goons are gone and fighting is way, way down.

Willie Lanier 11-12-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14593157)
It wasn't only to fight, but teams definitely had goons who were there to be overly physical.... the difference being there's no place to hide in hockey.

A safety destroys a receiver, then....? Maybe that safety gets cheap-shotted later if someone goes out of their way to do it?

In hockey, you could get destroyed the very next shift, or as you said, have to answer with a fight.

Who knows how much of a deterrent it really was (and fighting isn't even allowed in college, the Canadian leagues, international play), but most of the goons are out of the league as the game has shifted to be faster and more skilled after rule changes years ago... and they've had review committees in place for a while that will get players suspended for targeted/dangerous hits.

There are still a few players around who just don't get it.... the NHL definitely isn't aggressive with their suspensions by any means, but they actually produce videos of what they saw and the reasoning behind each suspension, including the player's history and comparisons with other suspensions, which is of course incredibly transparent and forward thinking.

IMO, they could do more to get rid of those players who don't get it, and impose lengthier suspensions in many cases.... but, overall, the goons are gone and fighting is way, way down.

Yeah goons are pretty much non existent in today's game...

DaFace 11-12-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14593126)
Absolutely true. Last time I paid attention the NHL was still endangering players and refusing to acknowledge a link between CTE and concussions.

If they've taken measures to protect their players over the past few years, good for them.

Regardless, it's STILL a unique aspect to this sport in the meta context.

Don't be so defensive.

It's not defensive to point out that you're spewing bullshit that doesn't really even apply to today's game. It's the equivalent of showing up on an NFL forum and ranting about how the NFL needs to protect QBs more. Sure, that might have been the case at one point, but it's a very outdated take.

DaFace 11-12-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14593090)
I know it's only 17 games, but Makar leads all rookies in points by +6, is second in goals, and will at least be at 1.00 PPG after tonight.

Only a handful of rookies who played more than a few games since the turn of the century that have >=1.00 PPG.... Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, and Barzal. And only a few more that played most of a season are >=0.90.

Pretty impressive start, 1/5th of the way through the season.

I feel weird about the idea of wearing a 21-year-old's name on my back, but I'm seriously considering a Makar jersey...

Also, what a night for Adam Werner. Not very often you see an AHL goalie performing as well as he has tonight.

St. Patty's Fire 11-12-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14593117)
Hockey is the weirdest sport.

It's the only sport I know of where every team has one guy who's job is to give himself long term brain damage by bare-hand fighting 4 times a week.

IT's the only game that leaves in rules that put people in danger and then say "Yeah, but if someone DOES hit our start center legally and cleanly we have someone to beat the shit out of him for that."

Imagine if every NFL team had one guy who's job it was to enter the game and beat the shit out of anyone who sacks your QB.

I don't hate hockey or anything, but it's really bizarre when you think about it.

Is the NHL still denying a link between CTE and concussions?

Designated enforcers have mostly been phased out and replaced by guys who are tougher than most but can actually play. Staged fights are few and far inbetween nowadays. If there’s a fight, it’s usually just two players who have had enough of each other.

Bearcat 11-12-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14593174)
I feel weird about the idea of wearing a 21-year-old's name on my back, but I'm seriously considering a Makar jersey...

Also, what a night for Adam Werner. Not very often you see an AHL goalie performing as well as he has tonight.

Heh... I haven't bought a jersey in years, partly because I like the idea of only buying them for HoF or retired players, since they can't ever be traded.

But, MacKinnon and Makar definitely make it difficult not to update my collection of Sakic, Roy, and Rob Blake.

And yeah... 40 saves. :eek:

wasi 11-12-2019 10:00 PM

Go Flyers. 4th in the East!

Why Not? 11-12-2019 10:02 PM

Been waiting a few years for competitive hockey to reappear in the desert! Can’t get fully sucked in until February but Coyotes definitely have me semi-sucked.

Bearcat 11-14-2019 08:56 PM

McDavid in the slot.

McDavid somehow finding the far post.

Welcome to the NHL, kid.

DaFace 11-14-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14596707)
McDavid in the slot.

McDavid somehow finding the far post.

Welcome to the NHL, kid.

Yup. Didn't figure we had much of a chance in this one. Seems I was right.

Megatron96 11-19-2019 07:19 PM

A little hard to see Pat Maroon not in a Blues jersey.

Megatron96 11-19-2019 07:35 PM

Blues playing with a lot more intensity than last time I saw them.

Bearcat 11-19-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14609524)
Blues playing with a lot more intensity than last time I saw them.

Are you planning on seeing them on NYE?

Megatron96 11-19-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14609535)
Are you planning on seeing them on NYE?

Depends on work.

Megatron96 11-19-2019 09:20 PM

Blues finally looking awake.

Megatron96 11-19-2019 09:39 PM

https://youtu.be/oyQarMNl0aM

Bearcat 11-20-2019 03:40 PM

Babcock fired from the Leafs.... didn't realize they're under .500 at the moment. Time to get their shit together.

Mecca 11-20-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14610798)
Babcock fired from the Leafs.... didn't realize they're under .500 at the moment. Time to get their shit together.

As a wings fan I'd take him back, things have been shit since he left.

DaFace 11-20-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14610798)

Sakic is getting good at making trades with teams right before their wheels fall off.

Sorry, Barrie. It had to be done. Hopefully he can go somewhere better next season.

Gadzooks 11-20-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14610849)
Sakic is getting good at making trades with teams right before their wheels fall off.

Sorry, Barrie. It had to be done. Hopefully he can go somewhere better next season.

Barrie's main concern is that he hasn't scored a single goal this season. Thus, his next contract is potentially doomed.
I think that's going to change.

As far as Babcock goes, He made a lot of maddening decisions and was extremely stubborn to the point where it cost the Leafs some playoff sucess.
I liked him, his fake Saskatchewan accent, the 75 year old face with the 25 year old head of hair. But, at the end of the day, he had to go.

This is a monumental change for the Leafs. Years from now, people in Toronto will ask, "Where were you when you heard Babcock was fired?"

DaFace 11-20-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 14611093)
Barrie's main concern is that he hasn't scored a single goal this season. Thus, his next contract is potentially doomed.
I think that's going to change.

He made his money on the power play, and from what I'm reading, Babcock just plain didn't use him right in that role. Hopefully Keefe will figure that part out.

Sully 11-21-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14610809)
As a wings fan I'd take him back, things have been shit since he left.

Things have been shit since the salary cap. We (Wings) were great when we were the Yankees of hockey.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gadzooks 11-21-2019 06:24 PM

IMO - I'd like to see a luxury tax in the next CBA. This strict cap is a killer for the teams with higher tax rates, (Both NY teams, MON, TOR, etc...). Teams like TB, FLA, AZ, DAL are all at an unfair advantage.

Bearcat 11-21-2019 07:37 PM

Ironically, Altitude's obnoxious "Hey, Dish!" every 10 seconds is starting to make me wish it was blocked here.

Or maybe it's just the Wild.

DaFace 11-21-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 14612571)
IMO - I'd like to see a luxury tax in the next CBA. This strict cap is a killer for the teams with higher tax rates, (Both NY teams, MON, TOR, etc...). Teams like TB, FLA, AZ, DAL are all at an unfair advantage.

That would probably be unprecedented, but you have a valid point.

DaFace 11-21-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14612656)
Ironically, Altitude's obnoxious "Hey, Dish!" every 10 seconds is starting to make me wish it was blocked here.

Or maybe it's just the Wild.

I love Altitude's on air guys, but the network's handling of this whole situation has been completely obnoxious. It's not far off from straight up propaganda.

GloryDayz 11-21-2019 08:16 PM

Tonight's Blues sweater is awesome...

Megatron96 11-21-2019 08:53 PM

Damn, why do they always have to show the Coyotes on both channels? Is there a way to stream the Blues game?

DaFace 11-21-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14612760)
Damn, why do they always have to show the Coyotes on both channels? Is there a way to stream the Blues game?

Reddit nhl streams

Gadzooks 11-21-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14612704)
Tonight's Blues sweater is awesome...

I have to disagree.:shake:
Those jerseys only remind me of Gretzky's failure in St. Louis.
They're for losers and should be burned.

GloryDayz 11-21-2019 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 14613041)
I have to disagree.:shake:

Those jerseys only remind me of Gretzky's failure in St. Louis.

They're for losers and should be burned.

Ouch..

Bearcat 11-23-2019 08:52 AM

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...7-653abbb5547e

Avalanche legend Peter Forsberg is the star of a Swedish game show, and the clips of it are amazing
"Vem kan slå Anja och Foppa?" translates to "Who can beat Anja and Foppa?" and features Colorado Avalanche legend Peter Forsberg participating in zany challenges.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/334876556" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gadzooks 11-23-2019 11:57 PM

I really enjoyed the Leafs vs. Avs game tonight.
I don't get to see Western conference teams often, but I was very impressed with the speed of the Avs. That Makar kid seems like a real nice replacement for Barrie.
Poor ole' Kadri didn't have a great night. He seemed to get hit by friendly fire on every shot from the point in the offensive zone.

Bearcat 11-24-2019 10:25 AM

Weird game... the first few goals were all kind of flukey, yet the Avalanche missed their chance to score a couple more in the first 10 minutes, as well as Nylander missing on the breakaway.

Considering the shots that went in, it felt like it could have been 5-3 or 5-4 in the 1st period... didn't feel 4-1 at all.

They play again 12/4, even though the Leafs will be on a back to back.

St. Patty's Fire 11-26-2019 03:55 PM

So it looks like Flames coach Bill Peters got fired for calling a former player (Akim Aliu) the N word when he was coaching in the minors.

Crazy stuff.

Bearcat 11-28-2019 10:28 AM

The sensitivity to big hits these days is kind of ridiculous... there are so many times play has to stop because someone takes exception to a completely clean hit. It's a different game than ~20 years ago, of course, but this is about as clean as they come.

Glad the refs got it right though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nBfM1l16IoE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaFace 11-30-2019 10:40 PM

Mikko is back!!! PBJ PBJ PBJ

(Four points tonight in two periods.)

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2019 09:37 PM

The Champs just boat raced the piss out of the Avs tonight. Fun game.

DaFace 12-16-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14661163)
The Champs just boat raced the piss out of the Avs tonight. Fun game.

The Blues are a tough matchup for the Avs. We just struggle with the Blues constantly getting sticks in passing lanes.

That said, I think Makar being in makes this a 7-game series at least. (I know the Blues are beat up too.)

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14661186)
The Blues are a tough matchup for the Avs. We just struggle with the Blues constantly getting sticks in passing lanes.

That said, I think Makar being in makes this a 7-game series at least. (I know the Blues are beat up too.)

Yeah, some guy named Tarasenko says hi.

GloryDayz 12-16-2019 09:50 PM

Well I'm a Blues fan and it goes without saying that we really benefited from the double minor. A good call, but without that I'm not sure we keep up with the Av's speed.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2019 09:50 PM

For the most part, the Blues do a damn good job of keeping the Avs speed to the outside and limiting high danger chances. Crazy the amount of speed Colorado has.

DaFace 01-02-2020 11:01 PM

These teams will be fun in a playoff series.

Bearcat 01-03-2020 07:52 AM

Just another night of hockey, with 9 goals in the Leafs/Jets game and 10 in the Avalanche/Blues game.

Baby Lee 01-24-2020 07:53 AM

Handsome captains

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/pr...size=728%2C410

Discuss Thrower 02-11-2020 09:34 PM

Jay Bouwmeester collapsed on the Blues' bench in Anaheim and was carried off on a stretcher.

DaFace 02-11-2020 09:42 PM

They just mentioned this on the Avs broadcast. Holy shit.

Discuss Thrower 02-11-2020 09:44 PM

https://old.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...bench/fhd6ypw/

DaFace 02-11-2020 09:45 PM

Sounds like he was blinking as they stretchered him off the ice. Damn, hope he's OK. At least he had medical attention almost instantly.

Discuss Thrower 02-11-2020 09:47 PM

Pang reporting they aren't going to continue with the game tonight.

DaFace 02-11-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14791501)
Pang reporting they aren't going to continue with the game tonight.

If his condition isn't known, I can't imagine they would. He could be dead for all his teammates know.

mlyonsd 02-11-2020 09:50 PM

Holy crap. Awful. The blinking is a positive sign.

GloryDayz 02-11-2020 09:53 PM

Supposedly alert, so that's a good thing.

Wow, WOW!!!

Prayers for Jay...

DaFace 02-11-2020 09:55 PM

Here's video, but warning that it's a little difficult to watch.

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/statu...36963575123968

GloryDayz 02-11-2020 09:57 PM

Ugh

DaFace 02-11-2020 10:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Blues broadcast, Darren Pang said Jay Bouwmeester was alert when he went into ambulance to the hospital. John Kelly said Bouwmeester&#39;s dad was at the game.</p>&mdash; Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) <a href="https://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/1227441044192661504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CaliforniaChief 02-11-2020 10:36 PM

That's terrifying.

Why Not? 02-11-2020 10:55 PM

Really scary. Horrible for his dad but in a sense at least he can be there for his son at the hospital. Hope he’s okay. 1000% the right call to postpone the game.

Gadzooks 02-12-2020 03:27 AM

I didn't find the video disturbing. That's probably the safest place for that type of thing to happen. Wishing Bouwmeester all the best.
The Clint Malarchuk video was far more disturbing. It's amazing how well the NHL's medical staffs react to these situations.
The Leafs had a guy have an artery cut on his wrist by a skate this year. He would have bled out before the ambulance came if he was playing beer league or shinny.

Megatron96 02-12-2020 05:24 PM

Damn. I didn't hear about this until just now. Glad to hear it seems that Bouwmeester is stable and apparently in good spirits. Hope whatever the problem is, that it turns out to be something minor that can be repaired/treated fairly easily.

TLO 02-12-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14792943)
Damn. I didn't hear about this until just now. Glad to hear it seems that Bouwmeester is stable and apparently in good spirits. Hope whatever the problem is, that it turns out to be something minor that can be repaired/treated fairly easily.

How/why does this type of thing happen? It's been boggling my mind all day. If an elite athlete can have something like this happen, what's to say it won't happen to me?

Its actually given me a great deal of anxiety today..

GloryDayz 02-16-2020 07:38 AM

Not NHL, but whatevs...

Got to try one of these, I'm not sure I'm going to add one to my bag, but it was bad-ass...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K6_rb30cyfw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat 02-16-2020 12:52 PM

I'm sure this game was picked at the beginning of the season and maybe the Red Wings weren't predicted to be this ****ing bad... but, damn.

Their goal differential now sits at like -105 and the next worst is -43. :eek:

Pushead2 02-16-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14797989)
Not NHL, but whatevs...

Got to try one of these, I'm not sure I'm going to add one to my bag, but it was bad-ass...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K6_rb30cyfw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember when Reebok had the 9k twig with the holes in them and my teammate got one. That was an awful stick.

I miss my old Easton S16, S17 & S19 twigs. :(

Megatron96 02-16-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14793190)
How/why does this type of thing happen? It's been boggling my mind all day. If an elite athlete can have something like this happen, what's to say it won't happen to me?

Its actually given me a great deal of anxiety today..

There have been similar incidents with athletes about as long as I can remember. Many of them are just simply genetic; some hereditary issue that crops up every other generation or whatever. I don't know if it's still true, but when I was a kid, I remember my dad (diagnostician, M.D.) telling me that many weren't even discernible. in other words, you could run every test known to man and some of these things wouldn't show up as anything on any test.

But the likelihood of most of them being a serious problem was about the same as getting hit by lightning.

Megatron96 02-16-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14798279)
I'm sure this game was picked at the beginning of the season and maybe the Red Wings weren't predicted to be this ****ing bad... but, damn.

Their goal differential now sits at like -105 and the next worst is -43. :eek:

The Wings look pretty weak.

But after decades of them crushing the Blues, I'm completely okay with that for now.

GloryDayz 02-16-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 14798339)
I remember when Reebok had the 9k twig with the holes in them and my teammate got one. That was an awful stick.

I miss my old Easton S16, S17 & S19 twigs. :(

Sideline Swap app... [emoji41][emoji108][emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f797e5cacf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...55ab186b77.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...848baeae3b.jpg

Bearcat 02-18-2020 08:04 AM

Sergachev pushes Compher into Vasilevskiy.... Vasilevskiy extends his forearm into Compher. Compher even tries to jump over Vasilevskiy's skate to avoid him...... and TB starts a fight and Compher is one of the players who end up in the box for interference. LMAO

And Rantanen's out a while after being tripped into the boards. :grr:

GloryDayz 02-18-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 14801119)
Sergachev pushes Compher into Vasilevskiy.... Vasilevskiy extends his forearm into Compher. Compher even tries to jump over Vasilevskiy's skate to avoid him...... and TB starts a fight and Compher is one of the players who end up in the box for interference. LMAO

And Rantanen's out a while after being tripped into the boards. :grr:

I just watched the highlight, that was indeed a great game...

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2020 08:42 AM

It's nice seeing little brother lose, but 2-9-2 is a rough stretch to stomach to enjoy it much

Bearcat 02-18-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14801146)
I just watched the highlight, that was indeed a great game...

Lightning sure did have their panties in a bunch... they got all hot and bothered after a perfectly good hit by MacKinnon, too.

It was pretty playoff-like though... I'm catching the Yotes/Lightning this weekend.

Megatron96 02-26-2020 05:47 PM

Jay Bouwmeester will not play for the rest of the season, including playoffs:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...bde1fee6a.html

OnTheWarpath15 02-26-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14814358)
Jay Bouwmeester will not play for the rest of the season, including playoffs:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...bde1fee6a.html

I was fully expecting today to be his retirement press conference.

Last year of his deal, 36 years old and coming off a cardiac event.

Maybe he gets a 1-year deal with the Blues if he clears medical, but I can't see anyone else signing him - even though he's been a solid defender and wins the conditioning tests every year.

Megatron96 02-26-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14814376)
I was fully expecting today to be his retirement press conference.

Last year of his deal, 36 years old and coming off a cardiac event.

Maybe he gets a 1-year deal with the Blues if he clears medical, but I can't see anyone else signing him - even though he's been a solid defender and wins the conditioning tests every year.

The more I think about it, the more I think he's going to announce his retirement this summer. The only thing that speaks otherwise are his comments about being a hockey player and that even right now a part of him wants to be on the ice with his teammates.

Either way, I'll be glad for him. He's always been a favorite of mine.

ILChief 02-28-2020 06:48 AM

Flames scored with 42 seconds left to take the lead. Predators scored with 0.01 seconds left to tie and then the same guy for Nashville scored the winner in OT. Crazy game

Megatron96 02-28-2020 02:22 PM

Blues are starting to look like last year's playoff team. And Taresenko might be back on the ice in a couple weeks. Wondering when we'll start hearing "Gloria" again.

Discuss Thrower 02-28-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14817271)
Blues are starting to look like last year's playoff team. And Taresenko might be back on the ice in a couple weeks. Wondering when we'll start hearing "Gloria" again.

You won't.

Pretty sure everyone's tired of it or at least that's what all of the kvetching in the Blues' fan FB group indicated during their little bit of a schnide earlier this month when the song would be posted or referenced thrice daily.

Megatron96 02-28-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14817278)
You won't.

Pretty sure everyone's tired of it or at least that's what all of the kvetching in the Blues' fan FB group indicated during their little bit of a schnide earlier this month when the song would be posted or referenced thrice daily.

Ha, the "Gloria" reference was kinda tongue-in-cheek. Just thinking the Blues just might make a deep playoff run. Right now they're +885 to win the Cup again. I know it's nearly impossible for a team to repeat in the NHL, but the Blues are on a 5-game win streak, and look pretty sharp lately.

Maybe, just maybe there's another miracle left in the tank . ..

Discuss Thrower 02-28-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14817287)
Ha, the "Gloria" reference was kinda tongue-in-cheek. Just thinking the Blues just might make a deep playoff run. Right now they're +885 to win the Cup again. I know it's nearly impossible for a team to repeat in the NHL, but the Blues are on a 5-game win streak, and look pretty sharp lately.

Maybe, just maybe there's another miracle left in the tank . ..

Six game but I get your point. Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run and who knows what Tarasenko can do when (if) he comes back.

Megatron96 02-28-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14817308)
Six game but I get your point. Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run and who knows what Tarasenko can do when (if) he comes back.

Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run-YET.

Be precise when talking about Our Savior, please.