ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The possibility of keeping Alex Smith. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309939)

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13074437)
Yeah I figured in Wades system Johnson would be legit: I doubt they let him walk but iirc their cap is out of whack?

Their cap is in great shape: $60 million in space next year.

O.city 09-11-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13074452)
Their cap is in great shape: $60 million in space next year.

Maybe it's this year they're ****ed? I dunno why I was thinking their cap was weird

Surely they'll keep Johnson.

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13074454)
Maybe it's this year they're ****ed? I dunno why I was thinking their cap was weird

Surely they'll keep Johnson.

Yeah, especially since they have a cheap QB for the next 4 seasons (including this season).

Goff was impressive yesterday. He looked completely different than last year.

O.city 09-11-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13074463)
Yeah, especially since they have a cheap QB for the next 4 seasons (including this season).

Goff was impressive yesterday. He looked completely different than last year.

Yeah I figured Mcvay would get him looking better. Cousins looked like shit without him as well.

Hammock Parties 09-12-2017 08:55 AM

His regular season doesn't matter.

If he shits the bed in the playoffs again he's gone.

Hammock Parties 09-12-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13074222)
Can we at least acknowledge the obvious: so long as Smith plays like he did Thursday on a consistent basis, and the defense doesn't suffer any more devastating injuries like it did with Berry -- this is a Super Bowl caliber team.

Yeah, but that's what we said last year at this time.

*shrug*

Hammock Parties 09-12-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13074222)
The way they played on Thursday means that when they are "on" in this regard, only a couple teams can really hang with them, and those teams are all in the AFC.

Uh, wut?

The Cowboys and Falcons might have something to say about that.

Pump the brakes, fam. It's Week 1.

Direckshun 09-12-2017 10:11 AM

Yeah sorry -- I meant NFC. The NFC is much deeper.

RunKC 09-12-2017 12:11 PM

Carson Palmer looks terrible. I think Alex to Arizona is the right move. 2nd rd pick is fair.

OldSchool 09-12-2017 06:15 PM

Two ways Smith stays:

1. He takes this team to the Superbowl, which would pretty much force their hand. 100% chance he is kept.

2. He goes for 65% comp, 4+k yards, 25+ tds, >10 INTs and leads the team to the AFC Championship game. About 70% chance he is kept.

Either of these scenarios happen and he'll get a multi-year extension to lower his cap number and keep him around longer. Mahomes gets the Rodgers treatment without the "will he won't he retire" dance.

BryanBusby 09-12-2017 10:28 PM

Alex Smith isn't getting an extension unless Mahomes is severely injured or goes potato. Some of you ****ers smh

This isn't comparable to Rodgers and Favre. Smith isn't a HoF QB you mongoloids.

DJ's left nut 09-13-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13077023)
Carson Palmer looks terrible. I think Alex to Arizona is the right move. 2nd rd pick is fair.

I still think he's the exact opposite of what Arians wants in a passer.

For a lot of coaches facing that dilemma, you'd be right - he's a good stop gap for a team that might not have a wealth of replacement options but has the tools to win over the next 2-3 years.

But man, with Arians emphasis on downfield passing, Smith just doesn't appear to be in his wheelhouse.

I'm still surprised they didn't trade up to get Kizer or snag Webb rather than trade out of the spot in the 3rd. They traded away the pick they could've gotten Webb with for a 3rd they used on a small school WR and a G. That strikes me as a poor use of resources for a team with Carson Palmer under center.

The Franchise 09-13-2017 09:32 AM

My guess would either be the Jags or the Jets. They could both use a competent starting QB to become relevant if they draft a QB next year.

Discuss Thrower 09-13-2017 09:43 AM

I think the Patriots have totally misplayed the Brady - Garoppolo situation and they should be the case study on not to handle the QB position.

O.city 09-13-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13078335)
I still think he's the exact opposite of what Arians wants in a passer.

For a lot of coaches facing that dilemma, you'd be right - he's a good stop gap for a team that might not have a wealth of replacement options but has the tools to win over the next 2-3 years.

But man, with Arians emphasis on downfield passing, Smith just doesn't appear to be in his wheelhouse.

I'm still surprised they didn't trade up to get Kizer or snag Webb rather than trade out of the spot in the 3rd. They traded away the pick they could've gotten Webb with for a 3rd they used on a small school WR and a G. That strikes me as a poor use of resources for a team with Carson Palmer under center.

Trade them Mahomes for 3 first rounders

Ducks for cover