ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe Buck and Troy Aikman announcing game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328410)

Kiimo 01-21-2020 02:14 PM

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman announcing game

lol I hope Joshua Brisco has an awkward encounter with Aikman after triggering him on twitter at the beginning of this year because Mahomes had already put up like 40% of his career touchdowns and he got all pissy about Josh mentioning it.

Also I hate Joe Buck and it should be Kevin Harlan and Tony Romo in a perfect world. :harumph:

CaliforniaChief 01-21-2020 02:16 PM

We knew this when Fox got the game. My preference is Nantz/Romo, even Michaels/Collinsworth.

But honestly it could be a D3 announcer paired with Dan Fouts as long as we're playing and I don't really care all that much.

Halfcan 01-21-2020 02:16 PM

I hate Joe Buck!

Frazod 01-21-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14742980)
I hate Joe Buck!

Who doesn't? The good news is he'll probably go full-Bumgarner on Mahomes.

Pitt Gorilla 01-21-2020 02:19 PM

Harlan/Romo would have been brilliant.

wachashi 01-21-2020 02:21 PM

As a former quarterback, Troy Aikman offers very little when it comes to commenting on the X's and O's of a game. He's a well spoken guy, but doesn't talk much about formations or scheme, or which match-ups are causing problems. Romo completely outclasses him in that regard.

JimNasium 01-21-2020 02:21 PM

Didn’t Jack Buck announce SBI? I’m not a big fan of Joe, but I do think that fact makes it pretty cool.

Chiefspants 01-21-2020 02:25 PM

I don't know why Royals fans hate Buck. He hyped one of the greatest all time postseason performances by MadBum in 2014, but that's what he's paid to do. He's dramatically improved over the past ten years (despite not having a voice, Cards fans should get chills from his "see you tomorrow" call).

To be honest, Buck's calls of the Royals during the 2015 ALCS and WS often ran circles around Ryan's (as much as it pains me to say) Buck's "he can fly" call when Cain scored the go ahead run against the Jays may be the most iconic call of the 2015 Royals postseason. Buck later went on to say that Royals team was his favorite team to watch in over 10 years.

Kiimo 01-21-2020 02:25 PM

I am seriously considering switching it to Spanish and I don't speak Spanish.

ptlyon 01-21-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 14742997)
Didn’t Jack Buck announce SBI? I’m not a big fan of Joe, but I do think that fact makes it pretty cool.

Think I read he did SB IV

JimNasium 01-21-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14743011)
Think I read he did SB IV

That’s probably what I read now that I think about it.

Rasputin 01-21-2020 02:31 PM

If only the radio would be in sync with the tv I'd listen to Mitch

carcosa 01-21-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14743008)
I don't know why Royals fans hate Buck. He hyped one of the greatest all time postseason performances by MadBum in 2014, but that's what he's paid to do. He's dramatically improved over the past ten years (despite not having a voice, Cards fans should get chills from his "see you tomorrow" call).

To be honest, Buck's calls of the Royals during the 2015 ALCS and WS often ran circles around Ryan's (as much as it pains me to say) his "he can fly" call when Cain scored the go ahead run against the Jays may be the most iconic call of the 2015 Royals postseason. Buck later went on to say that Royals team was his favorite team to watch in over 10 years.

Yeah, Joe Buck still mostly sucks due to being smug and boring, but slobbering over Bumgarner was justified. That performance was insane, as painful as it was to watch.

DJJasonp 01-21-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14743008)

Sorry, while MadBum's perfomance was one for the ages, it was a series that went 7 games, and had TWO teams competing in it.

And for the record, MadBum wasnt throwing a no-hitter, and the game did come down to 1 run, the last out, and with the tying run 90 feet away.

There were enough storylines in that series to highlight without the MadBum slobberfest.

Hell, even fans of other teams recognized it (just google buck and madbum).

bdj23 01-21-2020 02:33 PM

Buck is good at baseball. Football not so much.

The pass is...... dropped!