ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308903)

Rausch 07-24-2017 11:43 AM

He'll have to earn that autonomy but he's got the balls for it.

We'll see...

Rasputin 07-24-2017 12:16 PM

Not a word about Alex Smith but he sure does like Patrick Mahomes II the best quarterback in the draft.

NJChiefsFan 07-24-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12970843)
My big problem with Clark's comments are that he has 2 guys in that personnel department who are now NFL Gm's. They are highly regarded and you just hired one of them.

It just seems like Clark didn't like John Dorsey. Guy and his staff built a great roster and I don't know how Clark could make garbage statements like he needed the personnel side to match the coaching.

I also don't know if this was stewing since early this year why they let Ballard go.

This.

Wants to audit. Waits until best replacement leaves to do it.

Kiimo 07-24-2017 12:23 PM

I for one am very pleased so far. Let's see him get a linebacker and a wide receiver next year with no first round draft pick and if he manages to do that I'm all in.

Reerun_KC 07-24-2017 12:27 PM

So did the KC media disappoint with there questions or did they go all true fan and slurp?

NJChiefsFan 07-24-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12970980)
I like this part

Veach, who said he spoke to Dorsey both before and after his interview with Hunt, said his job will be to make decisions that are in the best interests of the Chiefs. He said he and Reid have actually “disagreed a lot” through the years, noting that this is the way it should be between a coach and GM.

“I don’t think Coach would have respect for me if I just said “Yes yes yes” for 10 years,” he said. “We have a great deal of trust and respect.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/art...#storylink=cpy

He didn't come across as a yes man in the presser so I got a little more admiration for the young GM. He seems to know his business and be able to grow it and prosper with in it. I didn't expect to like the new GM right away but I got a good feeling things are going work out the way they should for prosperity and good will that the Chiefs fans will enjoy going to games.

This is great to hear.

My issues with this situation have nothing to do with my trust in Brett Coach.

Kiimo 07-24-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12971031)
So did the KC media disappoint with there questions or did they go all true fan and slurp?

Pretty tame but Kevin managed to get in his nonsense about Berry and Clark completely sidestepped it and now for sure Kevin will bitch about that.

At least we know his nonsense theory about Reid not wanting Mahomes is as dumb and wrong as we all immediately knew it to be.

gblowfish 07-24-2017 12:39 PM

I missed this. What's the bottom line? Is Brett going to be Andy Reid's Veach?

penbrook 07-24-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12971053)
I missed this. What's the bottom line? Is Brett going to be Andy Reid's Veach?

No. Veach is his own guy. Yes Andy and Veach will work together on some things but Veach has the final say on the 53. The good about Veach is he used to be a scout. He knows college players. Our draft should decrease at all, in fact our drafts might even get better

staylor26 07-24-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971084)
No. Veach is his own guy. Yes Andy and Veach will work together on some things but Veach has the final say on the 53. The good about Veach is he used to be a scout. He knows college players. Our draft should decrease at all, in fact our drafts might even get better

That's just not going to happen. If they remain as good we will be extremely fortunate.

I don't even think Dorsey himself could've improved upon his past couple drafts.

Rasputin 07-24-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971084)

I agree with all this. In fact I think he does have a better personality than John Dorsey. Really quick witted and smart I'd say still a kid but promising bright future that is going be good for the team makings.

I'm feeling this.

I didn't know what to expect.

penbrook 07-24-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12971091)
That's just not going to happen. If they remain as good we will be extremely fortunate.

I don't even think Dorsey himself could've improved upon his past couple drafts.

Keivarie Russell says hi

RunKC 07-24-2017 01:15 PM

Hard to be better than the best drafting GM in recent memory.

staylor26 07-24-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971097)
Keivarie Russell says hi

Tyreek Hill and Chirs Jones do too.

I'm not saying mistakes weren't made, but when you're coming out with guys like Peters/Morse and Jones/Hill that's very hard to top.

There are going to be misses in every draft no matter who is making the picks.

penbrook 07-24-2017 01:18 PM

Let's hope Veach continues the Dorsey draft way. Even if they have issues they can change and be better ala Peters and Hill