ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shurmer vs Henne (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324645)

displacedinMN 08-25-2019 09:58 AM

should have a poll

Red Dawg 08-25-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14408224)
All 3 backups are shit.

I agree. All 3 show no hope.

TrebMaxx 08-25-2019 04:46 PM

I'm in the "Please God don't let PM2 get hurt" club.

chiefzilla1501 08-25-2019 04:54 PM

Not crazy about Henne. But if we lose mahomes for the year, Id want Lytton or shurmur to get a shot since the season is over. If we lose him for 2 games, not sure I trust them to steal a win or two as much as I'd trust Henne

BigCatDaddy 08-25-2019 06:08 PM

I'd like to see Daniel back on a 2 for 8-10 type deal next year. He might be able to keep us in it if Mahomes is down for a month or so.

ROYC75 08-25-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14409264)
I'd like to see Daniel back on a 2 for 8-10 type deal next year. He might be able to keep us in it if Mahomes is down for a month or so.

Uh, no. He sucks, probably on tbe way out of Chicago.

Shumur hasn't earned the roster spot IMHO. But I'm willing to keep him @ #3. Keep Litton, has the big arm since we have the horses at the WR spot.

Let Henne walk. Our QB coach & Andy can keep PM2 in check.

rabblerouser 08-25-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14408576)
I like Schurmur too but no interest in having him with virtually no experience as our primary backup in a season where we're expected to win the Super Bowl.

Henne is gone after this year. Throw Schurmur on the PS and hope he shows enough to earn the back-up job next season. Otherwise, sign another experienced journeyman and continue to try to develop a cheaper option.

I don't think Shurmer makes it past waivers...

He's at least as good as Henne, and way cheaper.

Henne CAN'T be that valuable in the film room...can he?

rabblerouser 08-25-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14409365)
Uh, no. He sucks, probably on tbe way out of Chicago.

Shumur hasn't earned the roster spot IMHO. But I'm willing to keep him @ #3. Keep Litton, has the big arm since we have the horses at the WR spot.

Let Henne walk. Our QB coach & Andy can keep PM2 in check.

Agree with all of this.

DJ's left nut 08-26-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14409542)
I don't think Shurmer makes it past waivers...

He's at least as good as Henne, and way cheaper.

Henne CAN'T be that valuable in the film room...can he?

Shurmer shouldn't even make the practice squad. He most assuredly isn't as good as Henne - and that's not to say Henne is actually good.

Shurmer is like taking Alex Smith and turning all his sliders down to 50%. He would make Nate Peterman look like a Pro Bowler.

JimNasium 08-26-2019 08:32 AM

I’d be shocked if they gave Henne walking papers. Andy loves him a vet in the QB room.

Mecca 08-26-2019 08:34 AM

Henne will be here this year, then he'll walk as we save money and yes Kyle Schurmer is likely to be a long term cheap backup option.

MahiMike 08-26-2019 08:44 AM

I've been watching henne on the Jags and chiefs for too many years. He needs to Andrew luck himself.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 08-26-2019 09:18 AM

Shurmur in the qb room could be more valuable since the systems he has played in are more similar to what mahomes has done, vs henne playing in the more of the old nfl. I say cut Henne, keep shurmur, practice squad litton. Shurmur is also a coaches son, could act older in the qb room than he is.

oldman 08-26-2019 09:21 AM

I don't think Shurmur makes it past waivers either, so now you have to put him on the 53 if you want to keep him. That said, I like Litton better just because he has the big arm like Mahomes and we could keep our vertical game in place. All the speed in your WR corps doesn't mean diddly if your QB can't throw it more than 25 yards. However, it appears Andy likes Kyle better.
Either way, we're going to have to look at a new #2 next year. I just can't Henne brought back and other vet QBs are in short supply. Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, or a host of other brokedicks?? No thanks. So do you roll the dice and go with Kyle or Chase and hope the MVP doesn't go down? Face it, it doesn't matter who you have in that #2 spot this year to reach our ultimate goal, a SB win.

Line Judge 08-26-2019 09:33 AM

For what it is worth Litton is ahead of Shurmur on the latest depth chart.