ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295820)

pr_capone 11-30-2016 12:30 AM

Doug Jones is a big pull if only because of his resume and his ability to work as aliens and general life forms. His work on Hellboy (sans the voice acting in the first film) were excellent. He is second, IMO, only to Serkis, in his ability to play non humans convincingly.

As for Rapp... I went to IMDB to check him out and I;ve actually watched a suprising amount of stuff that he has been in. I can't remember him in absolutely anything other than parts of "A Beautiful Mind" but... meh.

DaneMcCloud 11-30-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 12587046)
As for Rapp... I went to IMDB to check him out and I;ve actually watched a suprising amount of stuff that he has been in. I can't remember him in absolutely anything other than parts of "A Beautiful Mind" but... meh.

I've seen Rapp in lots of movies, from Kingpin to Dazed and Confused, Road Trip and more. He's a highly decorated stage actor. Hollywood and New York Theater loves him.

But like you, I'm always "meh" about his acting. I don't see it.

Bowser 11-30-2016 11:19 AM

First thing I thought of when I saw "Shenzou"

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=en

I know they're nowhere near related, just popped to mind. Not as bad as having a science officer named Spack, but in the ballpark maybe? Heh.

Red Brooklyn 12-01-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12587245)
I've seen Rapp in lots of movies, from Kingpin to Dazed and Confused, Road Trip and more. He's a highly decorated stage actor. Hollywood and New York Theater loves him.

But like you, I'm always "meh" about his acting. I don't see it.

Rapp peaked with Adventures in Babysitting.

DaneMcCloud 12-02-2016 08:32 PM

Bryan Fuller is officially out, which isn't a surprised based on recent news, but just another reason why this is destined to fail

pr_capone 12-02-2016 09:05 PM

Awesome...

The co-writer and producer of Into Darkness is now the only guy at the helm. That is a great indication of things to come.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2016 03:11 PM

Sonequa Martin-Green, best known for her role as Sasha on AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” has signed on to play the central character in CBS All Access’ “Star Trek: Discovery” series.

Martin-Green will play a Lieutenant Commander on the ship the Discovery and the main face of the series. Specifics of the character are unavailable at this time.

Her casting comes shortly after three Klingon roles and three Starfleet officers have been cast. Michelle Yeoh, Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Shazad Latif, Mary Chieffo and Chris Obi also star.

“Star Trek: Discovery” is set a decade before the original “Star Trek” with the Federation and Klingon Empire in the midst of an uneasy cold war. The series will premiere in May on CBS All Access in the US and on Netflix in 188 countries.

RealSNR 12-15-2016 03:23 PM

I thought the name of the ship was USS Discovery. Is it now the Shenzhou?

Also, they're casting a bunch of science officers. The gay character deals with space fungus apparently. Shouldn't they start caring about like... the chief engineer and all that?

Looks like I'm still gonna be pining for Dorn's Captain Worf series that will never happen :(

pr_capone 12-15-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12619657)
Sonequa Martin-Green, ONLY known for her role as Sasha on AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” has signed on to play the central character in CBS All Access’ “Star Trek: Discovery” series.

FYP

I'll still give it a chance but holy shit... she is not a good actor.

Jamie 12-16-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12619694)
Also, they're casting a bunch of science officers. The gay character deals with space fungus apparently. Shouldn't they start caring about like... the chief engineer and all that?

Since this is all one story it's not a regular Trek cast. Like, if you were casting a particular episode of TNG the lead might be Worf, with Picard and Gowron as supporting characters, and Geordi and Crusher barely in it.

DaneMcCloud 01-18-2017 12:35 PM

Here's a big shock:

-----

There may be a delay in the scheduled May launch of Star Trek Discovery, the upcoming new series for CBS All Access, CBS’ live streaming and VOD service. The news came as the casting of James Frain was announced as Spock’s father, Sarek. First introduced in the original Star Trek, Sarek has made multiple appearances throughout the franchise over the last five decades.

“Production on Star Trek: Discovery begins next week,” CBS said in a statement. “We love the cast, the scripts and are excited about the world the producers have created. This is an ambitious project; we will be flexible on a launch date if it’s best for the show. We’ve said from the beginning it’s more important to do this right than to do it fast. There is also added flexibility presenting on CBS All Access, which isn’t beholden to seasonal premieres or launch windows.”

The network is not confirming a move from the scheduled May launch date, but notes there is more flexibility on timing given it is a streaming platform. Production was already scheduled to begin next week, so there is no delay on that front.

---------
James Frain is a fine actor but he looks nothing like Sarek

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...8/aN_e6hSF.jpg

Deberg_1990 01-18-2017 08:46 PM

:facepalm:

Just premiere it in the fall

pr_capone 01-18-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12695783)
:facepalm:

Just premiere it in the fall

It isn't too late to scrap the whole thing...

unlurking 01-19-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 12695795)
It isn't too late to scrap the whole thing...

/thread

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 12:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j9QHrNdgX4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>