ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here’s why you don’t start Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311659)

In58men 11-19-2017 05:49 PM

Here’s why you don’t start Mahomes

First of all, our schedule is very easy from here on out. We have 6 games left with four of them being home games. As much as it pains me to say this, Alex very well could get it together and we’ll have a shot at getting some value for him. We bench him now, we won’t get shit, period. Let him pad those stats baby!!!!!

Mahomes has no chemistry with the first team players, he needs a full off-season to mesh with those guys. If he starts or sits, either way we have no chance at a Super Bowl run. This defense is atrocious. If Mahomes lays an egg (which is highly likely) it’ll just knock his confidence down. There’s no reason to risk an injury on a player when this team isn’t going anywhere with or without him playing. Last thing we need is for him to come in and get concussed. Be smart, put the beer down and calm the **** down. The remaining schedule should be a breeze for Smitty to rack up some decent stats.

I love you all and it’ll all be okay!!!!

dlphg9 11-19-2017 05:52 PM

Who gives a ****. If Mahomes is as good as he can be who cares what we get for Smith.

dannybcaitlyn 11-19-2017 05:52 PM

I’d take my chances with Mahomes honestly.

ARROW2 11-19-2017 05:52 PM

Easy schedule? Does it get any easier than today? Bwahahahaha! Stop, alex is DONE!!!!

Warpaint69 11-19-2017 05:53 PM

Teams are stacking the box taking away Hunt and taking away everything short in the passing game fully knowing Alice won't push the ball deep. Alice is going to continue to be Alice and the offense will stink.

In58men 11-19-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13227244)
Easy schedule? Does it get any easier than today? Bwahahahaha! Stop, alex is DONE!!!!

Smith and the Chiefs play different at home, we all know this.

Chiefshrink 11-19-2017 05:56 PM

We do not have an easy schedule my friend. The way this team is playing the rest of our schedule is very difficult what did you not see today? Nothing personal here. The sooner Mahomes gets his rookie snaps out of the way the less of a rookie year he has next year as our starting QB. Your reasoning here in your thread means you still believe in this team whereas I do not believe in this team to go all the way to the Super Bowl let alone just make it to the playoffs the way they are playing now. Just saying.

In58men 11-19-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 13227243)
I’d take my chances with Mahomes honestly.

No reason for it. Like I said, we won’t do shit with or without him. Not with this defense my friend. He comes in and tears an ACL, all for what?

kc79 11-19-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227235)
First of all, our schedule is very easy from here on out. We have 6 games left with four of them being home games. As much as it pains me to say this, Alex very well could get it together and we’ll have a shot at getting some value for him. We bench him now, we won’t get shit, period. Let him pad those stats baby!!!!!

Mahomes has no chemistry with the first team players, he needs a full off-season to mesh with those guys. If he starts or sits, either way we have no chance at a Super Bowl run. This defense is atrocious. If Mahomes lays an egg (which is highly likely) it’ll just knock his confidence down. There’s no reason to risk an injury on a player when this team isn’t going anywhere with or without him playing. Last thing we need is for him to come in and get concussed. Be smart, put the beer down and calm the **** down. The remaining schedule should be a breeze for Smitty to rack up some decent stats.

Mahomes has chemistry with Robinson. And teams would have to respect the deep ball. The passing game would help the running game.

Start Mahomes

In58men 11-19-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13227255)
We do not have an easy schedule my friend. The way this team is playing the rest of our schedule is very difficult what did you not see today? Nothing personal here. The sooner Mahomes gets his rookie snaps out of the way the less of a rookie year he has next year as our starting QB. Your reasoning here in your thread means you still believe in this team whereas I do not believe in this team to go all the way to the Super Bowl let alone just make it to the playoffs the way they are playing now. Just saying.

I’m confident with Smith getting it together. Home games are HUGE with this team. We have killer home field advantage.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227246)
Smith and the Chiefs play different at home, we all know this.

Yep, Pittsburgh?

Tradition says go with Smith. We have lived with tradition long enough.

Fish 11-19-2017 06:00 PM

Smith's value is already pretty shitty after the last few weeks. What if it never gets better, or even gets worse? Then at the end of the season we're left with less value than we have right now, plus zero experience for Mahomes...

In58men 11-19-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13227268)
Smith's value is already pretty shitty after the last few weeks. What if it never gets better, or even gets worse. Then at the end of the season we're left with less value than we have right now, plus zero experience for Mahomes...

Mahomes will get experience in the off-season and preseason. Relax.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227256)
No reason for it. Like I said, we won’t do shit with or without him. Not with this defense my friend. He comes in and tears an ACL, all for what?

What is Alex goes down, do play Bray for the fear of Pat tearing an ACL ?

FlaChief58 11-19-2017 06:01 PM

Who gives a shit about smitty at this point. IF they make the playoffs with him, they're getting their shit pushed in anyway. This season is over so, let the PMII era begin now

In58men 11-19-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13227274)
What is Alex goes down, do play Bray for the fear of Pat tearing an ACL ?

Obviously you start Pat, but you gotta avoid starting him now as much as possible. This season is already over.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

****ing Bullshit.

Time for Mahomes to start. Develop that chemistry for the future.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Ya know, Brady came in for Drew Bledsoe?

Hostetler came in for Sims.

Ya never know!

The kid is smart and has talent.

TLO 11-19-2017 06:04 PM

A confident Pat Mahomes MAY have what it takes to lead this team to a SuperBowl.

Something Alex Smith can't do.

Fish 11-19-2017 06:04 PM

The future of the franchise is more important than potential trade value from shithead Smith.

MVChiefFan 11-19-2017 06:04 PM

Smith played out of his head the first five games. He’s regressed back to his old self, and there’s no reason to believe he’s ever going to be anything different. Let’s just do this thing. Honestly, at this point, I have more hopes for the season with Mahomes at the wheel.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:06 PM

Look, I was on the fence of Pat riding the bench unless the wheels comes off or injury.

I'm old fashion, pretty much traditional. Yet I can see there is no more benefits to him riding the bench this year.

God forbid the Chiefs exercise Alex's option and he goes in as # 1 next year, how ya going to feel ?

Chiefshrink 11-19-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227272)
Mahomes will get experience in the off-season and preseason. Relax.

Dude there is a huge difference between real time NFL game snaps compared to practice snaps . You need the experience of the speed of the game. Practice doesn’t cut it

In58men 11-19-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13227302)
Dude there is a huge difference between real time NFL game snaps compared to practice snaps . You need the experience of the speed of the game. Practice doesn’t cut it

He’ll get it, just calm down bro. Things will be fine. Have patience grasshopper.

notorious 11-19-2017 06:09 PM

I think Inmen is trying some reverse mojo.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-19-2017 06:10 PM

I kinda stopped caring about his trade value today. No one is trading for what we've saw the last few weeks.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13227307)
I think Inmen is trying some reverse mojo.

Nope, not at all. I’m nervous about throwing him in the fire like that. This season is over no matter what.

kcxiv 11-19-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227265)
I’m confident with Smith getting it together. Home games are HUGE with this team. We have killer home field advantage.

lol, Smith and getting it together.

kcxiv 11-19-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227310)
Nope, not at all. I’m nervous about throwing him in the fire like that. This season is over no matter what.

He's not being thrown into any fire, this is week what 11 now? he's been in the nfl for almsot 3/4's of a year. Dude knows his team fairly well by now. He's going to be ok..

In58men 11-19-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13227311)
lol, Smith and getting it together.

We play different at home. It’s more like the Chiefs will get it together.

srvy 11-19-2017 06:13 PM

OP argument has merit. But just no! Put Pat in and limp into the playoffs and get the kid playoff experience.

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:13 PM

If our games are suppose to be so easy hear on out then that's more reason to start Patrick Mahomes II you **** face.

notorious 11-19-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227310)

Playing might be just what he and this team needs. Ballers need to be in the game, not stuck in the cupboard while the chef ****s up meal after meal.

Warpaint69 11-19-2017 06:14 PM

So what good is probably limping into the playoffs to get trounced with Alex? The offense goes when the offense opens up and plays are completed down the field. When we get classic happy feet dump off Alex, the offense is struggles.

RunKC 11-19-2017 06:14 PM

Who cares about Alex? Goff had a horrific rookie season and he's fine.

If Mahomes gets broken by his rookie season (doubt it), it was a mistake drafting him in the first place.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

If Mahomes lays an egg (which is highly likely) it’ll just knock his confidence down.

Andy says he is a very fast learner, why would he lose confidence? He believes in himself, Texas Tech didn't bring him down?

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:14 PM

If he can build chemistry this year and into offseason then he will be that much better next year you **** face.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13227314)
He's not being thrown into any fire, this is week what 11 now? he's been in the nfl for almsot 3/4's of a year. Dude knows his team fairly well by now. He's going to be ok..

And he gets hurt then what? I can hear it now.

“Reid should have never played Pat, this team never had a chance”!!!!

Chiefshrink 11-19-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227286)
Obviously you start Pat, but you gotta avoid starting him now as much as possible. This season is already over.

I agree this season is already over and if Alex continues to play bad in this next game or two and we lose look for a change because Andy is competitive and won’t give up a chance to be in the playoffs that easily in my humble opinion .

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:15 PM

Quit being such a coward cuck Inmen

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227315)
We play different at home. It’s more like the Chiefs will get it together.

Which means Pat will have an easier time winning!

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227325)
And he gets hurt then what? I can hear it now.

“Reid should have never played Pat, this team never had a chance”!!!!

Why play anybody, they might get hurt?

notorious 11-19-2017 06:17 PM

The Chiefs play poorly at home too. I don't know what games you watch.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13227326)
I agree this season is already over and if Alex continues to play bad in this next game or two and we lose look for a change because Andy is competitive and won’t give up a chance to be in the playoffs that easily in my humble opinion .

Our defense won’t allow this team to have any chance. You keep Smith in to TRY to build up value, you bench him all hopes are gone and we risk injury to our QBOTF for no reason at all.

You guys wanna risk injury just so he can get some game time snaps under his belt? Ridiculous. No ****ing way, he’ll get his chance soon.

keg in kc 11-19-2017 06:18 PM

They're not going anywhere this season with either of them behind center. The offensive play calling has been uninspired at best, the Chiefs at this point can't consistently run or pass. Smith's taking hits I don't want Mahomes taking. I leave it the way it is, get everybody healthy, make any moves necessary to further solidify the line in the off-season and start Mahomes in 2018. That was after all the plan all along, and I think deviating from it at this point is just an emotional overreaction to losing.

dls6501 11-19-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Couldnt disagree stronger with every point in this original post.

Benching Alex wont eliminate his trade value. It probably helps it before he continues crashing down to earth more than he already has. Worked for the Niners when they benched him.

The way Alex plays quarterback, only attempt a pass if they are wide open, chemistry is overstated. I have no doubt that Mahomes at minimum can play this way.

And being scared of injury is the dumbest excuse ever. Cant be afraid to get hurt in this league.

#freemahomes

In58men 11-19-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13227334)
The Chiefs play poorly at home too. I don't know what games you watch.

3-1 at home with us losing to the Super Bowl contenders, Pittsburgh.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 13227341)
Couldnt disagree stronger with every point in this original post.

Benching Alex wont eliminate his trade value. It probably helps it before he continues crashing down to earth more than he already has. Worked for the Niners when they benched him.

The way Alex plays quarterback, only attempt a pass if they are wide open, chemistry is overstated. I have no doubt that Mahomes at minimum can play this way.

And being scared of injury is the dumbest excuse ever. Cant be afraid to get hurt in this league.

#freemahomes

It’s not a dumb excuse when we legitimately don’t have a chance. You’ll flip your shit if he tore an ACL on a wasted ****ing season.

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227335)
Our defense won’t allow this team to have any chance. You keep Smith in to TRY to build up value, you bench him all hopes are gone and we risk injury to our QBOTF for no reason at all.

You guys wanna risk injury just so he can get some game time snaps under his belt? Ridiculous. No ****ing way, he’ll get his chance soon.

The more Alex plays shitting the field the less value he has. His peak value was before the deadline now he doesn't have as much value playing like he has this last month.

lewdog 11-19-2017 06:21 PM

For reasons seen in previous NFL seasons and the NFL status quo, you will NOT see Mahomes the rest of the year. It's probably the "right" call.

But another first round playoff exit with Alex doesn't sound like anything worthwhile either.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

First of all

Epic dipshittery

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13227349)
For reasons seen in previous NFL seasons and the NFL status quo, you will NOT see Mahomes the rest of the year. It's probably the "right" call.

No, it's not.

Alex Smith is done. D.O.N.E. Done.

Watson played lights out as a rookie. Tribisky hasn't been completely terrible. Wentz was good last year and as we've seen with Goff, coaching matters.

Pat was the most talented of the QB's in the draft and has an enormous upside. He should have fairly decent command of the offense at this point in the season and he has ridiculous arm talent.

Putting him on the shelf for the next 6 games, while Alex "leads" the team to another AFC West title and a One and Done helps no one, least of all, Pat Mahomes.

Frazod 11-19-2017 06:25 PM

Up until today, I believed that even though we're doomed in the playoffs, we should continue to start Alice, in the hope that his play would secure us a decent draft pick in trade.

But he's getting worse every week. He's clearly a noodle-armed, no confidence headcase at this point, and apparently unless it's 70 and sunny with no breeze he can't throw the ****ing ball accurately more than five yards downfield. All his continued play will do is hurt his trade value.

So bench his ass and get a jumpstart on the future. Hell, who knows what Mahomes could do? He just might make a difference.

But Alice is done. And I'm done with him.

dls6501 11-19-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227347)
It’s not a dumb excuse when we legitimately don’t have a chance. You’ll flip your shit if he tore an ACL on a wasted ****ing season.

Yes it is. Its reeruned. Any player can get hurt on any play, game or practice. Cant live your life in constant fear of terrible things happening.

Get the kid some experience.

Frazod 11-19-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13227364)
No, it's not.

Watson played lights out as a rookie. Tribisky hasn't been completely terrible. Wentz was good last year and as we've seen with Goff, coaching matters.

Pat was the most talented of the QB's in the draft and has an enormous upside. He should have fairly decent command of the offense at this point in the season and he has ridiculous arm talent.

Putting him on the shelf for the next 6 games, while Alex "leads" the team to another AFC West title and a One and Done helps no one, least of all, Pat Mahomes.

THIS

:clap:

Hammock Parties 11-19-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13227322)
Who cares about Alex? Goff had a horrific rookie season and he's fine.

If Mahomes gets broken by his rookie season (doubt it), it was a mistake drafting him in the first place.

This.

Offense is in the dumpster fire.

We have lost 4 of 5.

We will never have an easier slate of opponents than we do coming up.

It's the perfect time to get Pat's feet wet. Then he hits the ground running in 2018.

lewdog 11-19-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

No, it's not.

Well my post was more so making this point. But you and I both know it's very unlikely to happen with how the NFL treats rookies and how we know Andy believes in Alex. It just won't happen.

And what happened to Dane McHomer? Are you seeing the light on the Chiefs?

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:31 PM

I predicted Alex Smith getting worse over the year. He loses confidence in his abilities and he is getting worn down. Every hit he takes he is a concussion away from scrambled eggs in the brain.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

No, it's not.

Those teams all better defenses, which helps out the QB quite a bit. Mahomes will always be playing from behind trying to force throws. He’ll scramble and run his off every other play taking shots. No thanks.

The Franchise 11-19-2017 06:33 PM

Mahomes knows what it’s like to play without a defense.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 13227374)
Any player can get hurt on any play, game or practice. Cant live your life in constant fear of terrible things happening.

Get the kid some experience.

Watson goes down in practice, even thou there is a debate about that. Sure Houston fans are unhappy, but they got a taste of what is good to come too!

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:35 PM

Patrick Mahomes II was sleighing it at camp every day he was making plays.

Oh and I don't get the excuse he has to learn the playbook when he has the duty of acting like the opposing quarterback and has to know how to run other teams plays. I think a good coach adapts to the quarterback strengths and the plays are ever being changed for that reason.

FlaChief58 11-19-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227335)

Smitty has re-inserted his head up his ass and reverted to check down Charlie. PMII could blow an acl the first snap of preseason next year too. Does that mean you shouldn't let him practice? No, get the kid in there and turn him loose.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploa...cry-gif-19.gif

Eleazar 11-19-2017 06:36 PM

Even if the arguments for not risking injury to Mahomes or letting him learn until next year are disappearing in our minds as the team circles the drain, we all know good and well that no such change is happening in Reid's mind. Smith would probably have to completely crater for several more weeks before he would even consider making a switch, if he would at all.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 13227406)
Smitty has re-inserted his head up his ass and reverted to check down Charlie. PMII could blow an acl the first snap of preseason next year too. Does that mean you shouldn't let him practice? No, get the kid in there and turn him loose.

Of course he can blow it next year, that’s very true. Why risk it now when this team is in the shitter?

Fish 11-19-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13227387)
Well my post was more so making this point. But you and I both know it's very unlikely to happen with how the NFL treats rookies and how we know Andy believes in Alex. It just won't happen.

And what happened to Dane McHomer? Are you seeing the light on the Chiefs?

The NFL has changed. Just this year we've had Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Beathard, and now Peterman all start as rookie QBs.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:39 PM

As shitty as this may sound, I’d rather him get hurt in a game that he was suppose to start in, rather in a game where had no reason to be in. It’s not smart.

thegame214 11-19-2017 06:40 PM

Why is Mahomes not ready when Dak was ready last year and Deshaun Watson was ready this year. What’s he lacking?

The Franchise 11-19-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227416)
As shitty as this may sound, I’d rather him get hurt in a game that he was suppose to start in, rather in a game where had no reason to be in. It’s not smart.

We should probably never play him then. Don’t want him to get hurt and ruin the future.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13227418)
Why is Mahomes not ready when Dak was ready last year and Deshaun Watson was ready this year. What’s he lacking?

A defensive team. Romo retired, they had no choice to start Dax.

lewdog 11-19-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13227414)
The NFL has changed. Just this year we've had Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Beathard, and now Peterman all start as rookie QBs.

All on teams who had other terrible QB choices. Alex isn't in the same category as those other QBs.

I by all means think Mahomes should be given a shot, but I don't see the Chiefs or Andy treating Alex that way. They still have way too much faith in him, but hopefully Andy will prove me wrong.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13227420)
We should probably never play him then. Don’t want him to get hurt and ruin the future.

Don’t be dumb, of course you play him next season. No reason to start him now. He’ll be running for his life.

FlaChief58 11-19-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227411)
Of course he can blow it next year, that’s very true. Why risk it now when this team is in the shitter?

Because getting snaps in real games is important to his development. You don't worry about injuries until they happen.

Before you burned down your appt, were you thinking; I might burn down my house or, I can't wait to eat this delicious meat? Same thing

Chiefnj2 11-19-2017 06:44 PM

Let him take his lumps this year. You can speed up the teams development playing him now.

The Franchise 11-19-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227428)
Don’t be dumb, of course you play him next season. No reason to start him now. He’ll be running for his life.

No he won’t be. Our offensive line is fine. Smith makes it look ten times worse than it actually is.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Only if he hangs onto the ball. What if he can spot the hot route, the open receiver quicker than Alex ? What if he makes more completions ?

Turn him loose.

Look, I know what you are saying, I was this way all year and even stated it early when people want Mahomes to start the year.

We got nothing to lose. Stop with he injury shit, he could get hurt next year .

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13227418)

He isn't lacking anything but a coach that is stubborn and has an ego that he brought Alex Smith here so it's his job this year to win it. From the start of the season Andy said it's Alex season and I think he will stick with that until banners are flown over the stadium.

Cassell part deuce

One thing John Dorsey always said is keep the ego at the door well Andy Reid has an ego the size of his gut. Andy just feeds on people/ media giving him a pass.

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Bull ****ing shit and you don't know shit. What he will be doing is buying time so he can make plays down field guys will get open for him and he will put it in the breadbasket. He will make guys like DAT look better and play better like he did in preseason.

TimeForWasp 11-19-2017 06:55 PM

We need to sprinkle in some Mahomes.