ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here’s why you don’t start Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311659)

In58men 11-19-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13227274)
What is Alex goes down, do play Bray for the fear of Pat tearing an ACL ?

Obviously you start Pat, but you gotta avoid starting him now as much as possible. This season is already over.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227235)
First of all, our schedule is very easy from here on out. We have 6 games left with four of them being home games. As much as it pains me to say this, Alex very well could get it together and we’ll have a shot at getting some value for him. We bench him now, we won’t get shit, period. Let him pad those stats baby!!!!!

Mahomes has no chemistry with the first team players, he needs a full off-season to mesh with those guys. If he starts or sits, either way we have no chance at a Super Bowl run. This defense is atrocious. If Mahomes lays an egg (which is highly likely) it’ll just knock his confidence down. There’s no reason to risk an injury on a player when this team isn’t going anywhere with or without him playing. Last thing we need is for him to come in and get concussed. Be smart, put the beer down and calm the **** down. The remaining schedule should be a breeze for Smitty to rack up some decent stats.

I love you all and it’ll all be okay!!!!

****ing Bullshit.

Time for Mahomes to start. Develop that chemistry for the future.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227235)
First of all, our schedule is very easy from here on out. We have 6 games left with four of them being home games. As much as it pains me to say this, Alex very well could get it together and we’ll have a shot at getting some value for him. We bench him now, we won’t get shit, period. Let him pad those stats baby!!!!!

Mahomes has no chemistry with the first team players, he needs a full off-season to mesh with those guys. If he starts or sits, either way we have no chance at a Super Bowl run. This defense is atrocious. If Mahomes lays an egg (which is highly likely) it’ll just knock his confidence down. There’s no reason to risk an injury on a player when this team isn’t going anywhere with or without him playing. Last thing we need is for him to come in and get concussed. Be smart, put the beer down and calm the **** down. The remaining schedule should be a breeze for Smitty to rack up some decent stats.

I love you all and it’ll all be okay!!!!

Ya know, Brady came in for Drew Bledsoe?

Hostetler came in for Sims.

Ya never know!

The kid is smart and has talent.

TLO 11-19-2017 06:04 PM

A confident Pat Mahomes MAY have what it takes to lead this team to a SuperBowl.

Something Alex Smith can't do.

Fish 11-19-2017 06:04 PM

The future of the franchise is more important than potential trade value from shithead Smith.

MVChiefFan 11-19-2017 06:04 PM

Smith played out of his head the first five games. He’s regressed back to his old self, and there’s no reason to believe he’s ever going to be anything different. Let’s just do this thing. Honestly, at this point, I have more hopes for the season with Mahomes at the wheel.

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:06 PM

Look, I was on the fence of Pat riding the bench unless the wheels comes off or injury.

I'm old fashion, pretty much traditional. Yet I can see there is no more benefits to him riding the bench this year.

God forbid the Chiefs exercise Alex's option and he goes in as # 1 next year, how ya going to feel ?

Chiefshrink 11-19-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227272)
Mahomes will get experience in the off-season and preseason. Relax.

Dude there is a huge difference between real time NFL game snaps compared to practice snaps . You need the experience of the speed of the game. Practice doesn’t cut it

In58men 11-19-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13227302)
Dude there is a huge difference between real time NFL game snaps compared to practice snaps . You need the experience of the speed of the game. Practice doesn’t cut it

He’ll get it, just calm down bro. Things will be fine. Have patience grasshopper.

notorious 11-19-2017 06:09 PM

I think Inmen is trying some reverse mojo.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-19-2017 06:10 PM

I kinda stopped caring about his trade value today. No one is trading for what we've saw the last few weeks.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13227307)
I think Inmen is trying some reverse mojo.

Nope, not at all. I’m nervous about throwing him in the fire like that. This season is over no matter what.

kcxiv 11-19-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227265)
I’m confident with Smith getting it together. Home games are HUGE with this team. We have killer home field advantage.

lol, Smith and getting it together.

kcxiv 11-19-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227310)
Nope, not at all. I’m nervous about throwing him in the fire like that. This season is over no matter what.

He's not being thrown into any fire, this is week what 11 now? he's been in the nfl for almsot 3/4's of a year. Dude knows his team fairly well by now. He's going to be ok..

In58men 11-19-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13227311)
lol, Smith and getting it together.

We play different at home. It’s more like the Chiefs will get it together.