ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Tell me about your first name. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315405)

stumppy 05-17-2018 01:02 PM

God Damnit ..... ...... ........

I had 5 names growing up, according to my mom.

raybec 4 05-17-2018 01:02 PM

My Dad wanted to name me after his uncle, my mom wanted to name me what's on my bc. So my mom got to name me but everyone calls me what my dad wanted to name me.

tooge 05-17-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 13559749)
DAMIT!

NO!

Nicknamed clit?

Beef Supreme 05-17-2018 01:03 PM

Not on your poll, so picked "fit none of these categories."

Both my sister and I have always been called a nickname from our middle name. ****ing parents need to be flogged for that shit btw. ****ing give your kid a first name you are going to use.

raybec 4 05-17-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 13559715)
Everybody calls me by my last name.
I descended from Robin Hood and Little John.

Those two made a kid together?

tooge 05-17-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13559759)
Those two made a kid together?

I always thought they were both dudes. Who knew?

COchief 05-17-2018 01:09 PM

Interesting question. As I have gotten older and meet people in casual situations I pay less attention when they say their name and flat out say "I'll remember virtually everything about you to a t except your name". My view is a name is just something trivial your parents puked up when you were a baby and is extremely subjective depending on what is popular at the time (ie Jenny, David, Thomas, Sarah, and now Kaitlyn, Hailey, Emma) which is assigned from birth with an exaggerated significance attached to it. If I met Kevy here in person with a blank slate, I would love to hear about relevant data extrapolated from a sea of information and all his other various quirks and unique qualities. "Kevin" is the least interesting thing about him in my mind and the last thing I would devote any energy to after the fact. Rainman is a thousand times more accurate as it basically states: severely overclocked upstairs, hilarious, and absolutely quirky and unique.

However, I do love it when an incredibly bright or interesting person was saddled with Tiffany/Tammy/Chad etc, the irony makes it hilarious to me for whatever reason.

Dayze 05-17-2018 01:09 PM

Hello everyone, I am a park ranger and I will be leading you on the tour. All of the park rangers were, at one time, guards, myself included. My name is John Johnson but everyone here calls me "Vicky".

ptlyon 05-17-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 13559753)
God Damnit ..... ...... ........

I had 5 names growing up, according to my mom.

So did I. Well, not that many. Whenever I got in trouble mom would yell my sisters name, then my brothers name then the dogs name (Chief), before she got to mine.

Rain Man 05-17-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 13559724)
I have the same first name as Rainman. Always kind of hated that there is no real option for shortening it (NO, that is not acceptable!). For this reason I wished for a long time to have been given the name James. So many options (not as many as William or Richard though)!

I kind of like have a non-shortenable name myself, but then again I'm the type of guy who would use the formal version of my name anyway. I'd be the guy constantly saying, "My name is not Ted. It's Theodore."

That said, I like it when people cut the last syllable off of my name. It implies fondness and familiarity. I think only one person in my life has ever done it, which tells me a lot about my charm.

LoneWolf 05-17-2018 01:16 PM

My first and middle initials are J. I have always been called J or JJ.

Rain Man 05-17-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 13559768)
Interesting question. As I have gotten older and meet people in casual situations I pay less attention when they say their name and flat out say "I'll remember virtually everything about you to a t except your name". My view is a name is just something trivial your parents puked up when you were a baby and is extremely subjective depending on what is popular at the time (ie Jenny, David, Thomas, Sarah, and now Kaitlyn, Hailey, Emma) which is assigned from birth with an exaggerated significance attached to it. If I met Kevy here in person with a blank slate, I would love to hear about relevant data extrapolated from a sea of information and all his other various quirks and unique qualities. "Kevin" is the least interesting thing about him in my mind and the last thing I would devote any energy to after the fact. Rainman is a thousand times more accurate as it basically states: severely overclocked upstairs, hilarious, and absolutely quirky and unique.

However, I do love it when an incredibly bright or interesting person was saddled with Tiffany/Tammy/Chad etc, the irony makes it hilarious to me for whatever reason.

If you like, you can call me Kev. But nobody ever does.

Like you, I also find incongruous names funny, but pretty much only with children. There'll be some bratty kid running around, and you'll hear the parent say, "Atticus! Stop eating that feces!" or "Victoria! Don't bite Wilhelmina!" Maybe the name will fit when the kid's an adult, but sometimes they really don't match the kid.

stumppy 05-17-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13559775)
So did I. Well, not that many. Whenever I got in trouble mom would yell my sisters name, then my brothers name then the dogs name (Chief), before she got to mine.

I catch myself doing that now.:D

LoneWolf 05-17-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 13559768)

So when you see someone you've met previously and can't remember their name do you just call them man or lady during conversation?

ptlyon 05-17-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13559765)
I always thought they were both dudes. Who knew?

Didn't you see how they dressed?