ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184595)

OnTheWarpath15 08-18-2008 07:20 PM

Well, my golf season officially came to a close today.

Played yesterday afternoon with my wife and 2 friends. Started slow, but really played well on the backside, only to **** up my wrist on 18.

Was in a bunker 50 yards from the green, a couple of feet from the bunker face. Thought I had enough room to clear my follow through, and didn't.

Clubface caught on the face of the bunker, and my follow through came to a complete stop. Right wrist took the shock, thought I'd actually broke it at first.

I had such a good back nine going that I couldn't quit just a few strokes from posting a score, so I chipped on and putted out with one hand.

Anyway, saw the doc today, and while there's no break, he's worried there's damage to a tendon and/or the tendon sheath. 3 weeks in an immobilizer, if no better, then a trip to the orthopedic.

And it's a bitch to type with, too.

Mr. Plow 08-18-2008 07:34 PM

Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

smittysbar 08-18-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4925560)

Played yesterday afternoon with my wife and 2 friends. Started slow, but really played well on the backside, only to **** up my wrist on 18.

Was in a bunker 50 yards from the green, a couple of feet from the bunker face. Thought I had enough room to clear my follow through, and didn't.

Clubface caught on the face of the bunker, and my follow through came to a complete stop. Right wrist took the shock, thought I'd actually broke it at first.

I had such a good back nine going that I couldn't quit just a few strokes from posting a score, so I chipped on and putted out with one hand.

Anyway, saw the doc today, and while there's no break, he's worried there's damage to a tendon and/or the tendon sheath. 3 weeks in an immobilizer, if no better, then a trip to the orthopedic.

Man that sucks man.

Played in a tourney last weekend, we shot 13 under. 3rd in Champ. We struggled on short approach shots. Have the Ryder Cup match against Brookfield Country Club this weekend. I need to practice this week, but looks like it is going to be hard to fit in :mad:

Skip Towne 08-18-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4925560)

Find a good chiropractor.

OnTheWarpath15 08-19-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4926112)
Find a good chiropractor.

Luckily for me, one of my best friends is a Chiropractor.

I'm set in that department...

007 08-19-2008 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4926335)
Luckily for me, one of my best friends is a Chiropractor.

I'm set in that department...

No fair!!!:cuss:

smittysbar 08-24-2008 02:25 PM

Well, had our Ryder Cup yesterday against Brookfield. We won. In the best ball format I finished up 4 and 3. In alternate shot we halved, and Individual I lost 2 and 1. Should have won but got the shanks on a few shots, killed me! But all in all (team wise) we handed them the most lop sided loss since it has started. Lots of fun had by all, can't wait until next year.

OnTheWarpath15 08-29-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4906262)
If I'm lucky enough to make it to the BMW in 3 weeks here in STL, I'll be rooting for Harrington.

(Assuming he plays...)

God, it's good to know important people...

One of our best friends' biggest client is BMW - and he just hooked me up with 2 passes for Monday's practice round and ProAm, as well as 2 passes for Moving Day. (Saturday)

Cannot.

****ing.

Wait.

Stewie 08-29-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4958204)
God, it's good to know important people...

One of our best friends' biggest client is BMW - and he just hooked me up with 2 passes for Monday's practice round and ProAm, as well as 2 passes for Moving Day. (Saturday)

Cannot.

****ing.

Wait.

Would you be so kind as to make sure the pros can ****ing speak English? [/LPGA]

OnTheWarpath15 08-29-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 4958246)
Would you be so kind as to make sure the pros can ****ing speak English? [/LPGA]

ROFL

smittysbar 08-30-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 4958246)

5 o'clock and still made me laugh ROFL

Mr. Plow 08-31-2008 06:55 PM

Played today. First time in over 2 weeks. Shot a 41. 6 Pars (several missed birdies) - 1 double bogey - 2 bogey.

I'm only going to play every other week from now on

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-31-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 4941991)
Should have won but got the [don't ever say this fucking word in a golf thread] on a few shots, killed me! But all in all (team wise) we handed them the most lop sided loss since it has started. Lots of fun had by all, can't wait until next year.

FYP.

smittysbar 09-02-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4966624)
FYP.

:D

kstater 09-02-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 4970595)
:D

I'm almost through with a two week self imposed ban because I got the *****. Bad. Really bad. Walk off the course twice in a week bad. Shot 57 in 9 holes bad(12 handicap). Plan on hitting a bucket Friday and going from there.