ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What Are You Microwaving Tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332846)

KurtCobain 08-05-2020 10:57 PM

What Are You Microwaving Tonight?

Just had a mean banquet chicken pot pie and now I'm tossing in a single sausage/pancake on a stick thing for dessert!

Don't be shy, share your best microwave recipes!

Bugeater 08-05-2020 11:02 PM

Hot water

Fill coffee cup with water, microwave 60 seconds.

Rasputin 08-05-2020 11:03 PM

Progressive soup

Mephistopheles Janx 08-05-2020 11:04 PM

I don't own a microwave. Haven't for 3-4 years now and I don't miss it one bit.

I'm sorry I can't be of further help to you. I understand that microwave brownies are a simple and easy sweet treat though!

Mephistopheles Janx 08-05-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15101935)
Progressive soup

http://ronsuresha.com/wp-content/upl...up-700x401.png

Bugeater 08-05-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 15101938)

I'm sorry I can't be of further help to you. I understand that microwave brownies are a simple and easy sweet treat though!

So you throw everything into a regular oven to reheat it? If so, you have a level of patience I can only dream about. It's a goddamn crisis in my home when a microwave dies.

KurtCobain 08-05-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 15101938)

Wait, if you don't own a microwave, then how do you make microwaved prison fudge?

Bugeater 08-05-2020 11:10 PM

Chunky soup used to be really good back in the day, but the last time I had a can I was extremely disappointed at how far the quality had fallen over the years.

Mephistopheles Janx 08-05-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15101944)
So you throw everything into a regular oven to reheat it? If so, you have a level of patience I can only dream about. It's a goddamn crisis in my home when a microwave dies.

I actually try to cook to where there are no left overs as much as possible. Almost everything we eat is freshly cooked.

For the things that are left-over. Either throw it in the oven or onto a pan on the stove-top depending what it is.

Mephistopheles Janx 08-05-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 15101946)
Wait, if you don't own a microwave, then how do you make microwaved prison fudge?

I don't have one now... but I used to make it when I did have one.

KurtCobain 08-05-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 15101952)
I don't have one now... but I used to make it when I did have one.

Ah. Okay.

Bugeater 08-05-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 15101949)
I actually try to cook to where there are no left overs as much as possible. Almost everything we eat is freshly cooked.

For the things that are left-over. Either throw it in the oven or onto a pan on the stove-top depending what it is.

It's kind of tough to cook for just two people and not have leftovers. And i don't mind because then I have something for lunches other than sandwiches or fast food.

arrowheadnation 08-05-2020 11:16 PM

Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes....just as good as home made.

KurtCobain 08-05-2020 11:23 PM

if you want to make some really good fudge, You'll need:

A microwave
a large, clear plastic bowl
A smaller bowl
A hard plastic spoon
A bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup
Two boxes of sugar cubes
1 jar of peanut butter
Two packages of duplex cream cookies

Mephistopheles Janx 08-05-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15101956)
It's kind of tough to cook for just two people and not have leftovers. And i don't mind because then I have something for lunches other than sandwiches or fast food.

Two is all we've got here as well. I get it though... it takes preparation and figuring out meals ahead of time. Part of my role in this homestead is figuring that shit out and putting out a varied menu. Like, 1lb of ground beef will last us 2 to 3 meals but its all gotta get used within a week of purchase/thaw.

Today I butchered a chicken and will get 3 meals out of it. That means, though, that I am eating chicken 3 times this week. Gonna try a butter chicken curry on Friday. I'm betting I have leftovers then though it being a new dish to me and all.

I try to make dishes that are stove-top reheating friendly though to get past the microwave. TBH, what inspired this change was that I hated the consistency of a lot of the food that came out of the microwave.