ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Lucas Niang opts out... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332849)

pugsnotdrugs19 08-06-2020 07:46 AM

Lucas Niang opts out...

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 07:47 AM

Delay the season this is reeruned

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 07:49 AM

Nope. Cancel this shit.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-06-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102132)

Uhh. Seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15102135)
Uhh. Seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Did you see the new college football schedule? It has multiple built in bye weeks and college teams have larger rosters. What happens when a team gets Miami Marlins'd? We get to see a bunch of scrubs play for 3 weeks? Just move the season to the spring when theres possibly a vaccine and better understanding of the virus.

Go Royals 08-06-2020 07:55 AM

He was fine with marching in a protest a while back...

ChiliConCarnage 08-06-2020 07:56 AM

not that we expected him to play but dang. Options are certainly limited

More players are opting out than I expected

pugsnotdrugs19 08-06-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Royals (Post 15102140)
He was fine with marching in a protest a while back...

I’m not even anti-BLM but this is something that rubs me the wrong way a bit. Makes you question how much he cares about the game itself IMO.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08-06-2020 08:00 AM

At least we will have him for an extra year

kcclone 08-06-2020 08:00 AM

Geesh. Might be bad a sign for his future. But at least it’s affecting other teams too.

When is the deadline?

Rain Man 08-06-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102137)
Did you see the new college football schedule? It has multiple built in bye weeks and college teams have larger rosters. What happens when a team gets Miami Marlins'd? We get to see a bunch of scrubs play for 3 weeks? Just move the season to the spring when theres possibly a vaccine and better understanding of the virus.

I was thinking the other day that delaying the season seems like a good idea given the current and expected path.

Urc Burry 08-06-2020 08:03 AM

Sucks. I’m sure he was healthy enough to play early, but at least it gives him a redshirt year and we have him under contract another year

O.city 08-06-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

What do you then do about next season?

DeepSouth 08-06-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

If you move the college football season to the spring of 2021, you will not have college football in the fall of 2021. At some point you have to bite the bullet and skip a season or play through all the crap.

Skyy God 08-06-2020 08:06 AM

Jeff Allen, come on down.

Pablo 08-06-2020 08:07 AM

****ing cool.

sedated 08-06-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 15102154)
Sucks. I’m sure he was healthy enough to play early, but at least it gives him a redshirt year and we have him under contract another year

Although in a redshirt year you can practice with the team and improve as a player.

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102157)
What do you then do about next season?

Get rid of pre season and delay the start of camp and probably begin the season in October

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 15102159)
If you move the college football season to the spring of 2021, you will not have college football in the fall of 2021. At some point you have to bite the bullet and skip a season or play through all the crap.

That's not true

O.city 08-06-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102167)
Get rid of pre season and delay the start of camp and probably begin the season in October

So then you'd have to push the next season a bit because the super bowl woudln't be until march or April. That offseason is gonna be messed up as well.

Just doesn't work.

No preseason two years in a row, gonna really crunch alot of the lower round picks and UDFA for roster spots. No offseason work for the guys, gonna lead to alot of injuries.

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102170)
So then you'd have to push the next season a bit because the super bowl woudln't be until march or April. That offseason is gonna be messed up as well.

Just doesn't work.

I'd rather have another condensed off season than some journey man fill in protecting my half a billion dollar QB and having my obese 60 something year old coach exposed to a very contagious virus.

The overall quality of play under my scenario wouldnt be nearly as compromised as this season will be.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 15102154)

Or more likely the Chiefs will be fine without him this year, likely add additional offensive line depth next offseason (through free agency and/or the draft), and Niang basically destroyed his career before it started.

Good luck with that.

For most of the players, getting caught up in the panic by opting out now may seem like the right thing to do, but reality will hit in terms of the impact on their career (especially for a rookie like Niang) as they realize they are essentially locking themselves out of the NFL until April 2021.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 08:15 AM

I'm not risking Mahomes on a season where we're down 2 OL before the first snap.

Cancel diz sheeit.

In58men 08-06-2020 08:15 AM

Is there any OL available right now?

Banking on Osemele to stay healthy is not the way I would go into the season.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102172)
I'd rather have another condensed off season than some journey man fill in protecting my half a billion dollar QB and having my obese 60 something year old coach exposed to a very contagious virus.

Virus will be here next year too.

If you push it to the spring, you're gonna have basically no offseason next year, would likely lead to more injuries.

Either play it this year as normal ish, or just punt on it and start next year.

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 08:18 AM

Well sheet.

Not great news - another hit to the depth of the squad. I'd say we're about out of rope on the OL.

We have some UDFA lineman with nice potential, but with a limited camp and no pre-season, you just have very little ability to get them up to speed.

On its own this won't hurt us but we essentially have no wiggle room left. Rankin needs to come back healthy to give us any depth on the IOL. This may save Allegretti (who I think might have been in trouble). It's pretty well ensures that Remmers is that swing-tackle, though that was probably pretty likely.

Just hate seeing the shots the depth is taking. Injuries could be truly catastrophic at this point.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102132)

Delaying ain't going to make a difference. We couldn't handle opening back up correctly. How do you think school opening's are going to go?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08-06-2020 08:19 AM

Osemele and Wylie are your starters

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15102184)
Delaying ain't going to make a difference. We couldn't handle opening back up correctly. How do you think school opening's are going to go?

My friends summer school had to shutdown twice. It's an absolute shitshow.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:20 AM

I'd think I'd feel more safe actually playing with as much as they're gonna be tested and such.

If you don't play and opt out, are you just gonna sit at home all the time?

Iowanian 08-06-2020 08:20 AM

Kind of funny, a cashier at Walmart can go to work, a server at a restaurant can go to work.....but these pussies can't play football for their millions?

wazu 08-06-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102179)
I'm not risking Mahomes on a season where we're down 2 OL before the first snap.

Cancel diz sheeit.

We're down a rookie and a guy who was mediocre at best. Calm down.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15102189)
Kind of funny, a cashier at Walmart can go to work, a server at a restaurant can go to work.....but these pussies can't play football for their millions?

If you offered that cashier or server most of their salary to stay home, think they'd take it?

Guys can do what they wanna do. Can't really fault them IMO.

Iowanian 08-06-2020 08:23 AM

The players opting out are nutless twats.

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102182)
Virus will be here next year too.

If you push it to the spring, you're gonna have basically no offseason next year, would likely lead to more injuries.

Either play it this year as normal ish, or just punt on it and start next year.

Too much money involved. The virus will still be here but many are banking on a vaccine by Spring. If nothing else out understanding of how to treat the virus might improve by then too. It's a no win situation but the idea of having a 4th string guard protecting Mahomes terrifies me.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15102190)
We're down a rookie and a guy who was mediocre at best. Calm down.

Tardif at his best was one of the best pass protectors in the league at G.

The rookie was likely going to start at left guard this season, and at the very least was going to be a top backup somewhere.

One injury to anyone on the OL and we are looking at a dumpster fire of an OL.

I ****ing SHIVER if either of our tackles gets hurt or taps out.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102197)
Too much money involved. The virus will still be here but many are banking on a vaccine by Spring. If nothing else out understanding of how to treat the virus might improve by then too. It's a no win situation but the idea of having a 4th string guard protecting Mahomes terrifies me.

Had a guy off the street protecting him at LG thru the playoffs last year.

They'll figure something out.

Dante84 08-06-2020 08:25 AM

Terez indicates there's "family concerns"

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102191)
If you offered that cashier or server most of their salary to stay home, think they'd take it?

Guys can do what they wanna do. Can't really fault them IMO.

That's not really what's happening.

The 'public' equivalent would be akin to a government subsidized loan. If you offered the cashier or server 1/2 their salary in the form of a loan they'd have to pay back next year - you really think they'd be that eager to sit it out?

Like I said in the Niang thread - I kinda wanted Niang red-shirted this year anyway to make sure the hip is right. Stuff like that can linger a bit. In a perfect world he wouldn't have played a snap this season. But even in THAT perfect world we'd have burned a year of his rookie deal.

In this one, he still doesn't take a snap, he can get healthy and maybe a little more 'grown man' strong and we have him for 4 years on his rookie deal starting next season.

Long-term this can work out really nicely and Schwartz has always been damn durable. Would Niang have been clearly better than Remmers? Maybe, maybe not. And that's who he'd have had to ultimately displace in the event that Fisher gets hurt.

This may be a good thing. But we're getting dangerously close to out of bullets.

wazu 08-06-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102198)

The rookie was likely going to start at left guard this season, and at the very least was going to be a top backup somewhere.

1. Tardif must not be at his "best" very often, then. I see him get thrown out of the way like a ragdoll in pass protection far too often against good defenders.

2. Yes, losing the rookie sucks. But he's not irreplaceable.

3. I always "SHIVER" if we lose our starting LT, or our superstar RT. But that is regardless of who the JAGs are we have sandwiched between them.

KChiefs1 08-06-2020 08:28 AM

He saw the writing on the wall. He knew the NFL was too hard for him.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15102205)
That's not really what's happening.

The 'public' equivalent would be akin to a government subsidized loan. If you offered the cashier or server 1/2 their salary in the form of a loan they'd have to pay back next year - you really think they'd be that eager to sit it out?

Like I said in the Niang thread - I kinda wanted Niang red-shirted this year anyway to make sure the hip is right. Stuff like that can linger a bit. In a perfect world he wouldn't have played a snap this season. But even in THAT perfect world we'd have burned a year of his rookie deal.

In this one, he still doesn't take a snap, he can get healthy and maybe a little more 'grown man' strong and we have him for 4 years on his rookie deal starting next season.

Long-term this can work out really nicely and Schwartz has always been damn durable. Would Niang have been clearly better than Remmers? Maybe, maybe not. And that's who he'd have had to ultimately displace in the event that Fisher gets hurt.

This may be a good thing. But we're getting dangerously close to out of bullets.

True.

In the end, this isnt' a huge issue but like you said, you're getting a bit thin. They apparently had some money freed up recently with this stuff getting signed in, I might call up the G the Saints cut and see if he wants to play.

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102198)

Tardif hasn't been 'at his best' for 3 seasons. Mahomes has never had a 'good' version of Tardif in front of him. I don't think he was ever really getting back there, to be honest. Moreover, Wylie at RG was pretty steady in '18 - as good as LDT was that season at least.

And Remmers is better than Erving was last year, by a fair bit, IMO.

So the likely starting OL of Fisher - Osemele - Reiter - Wylie - Schwartz is probably about on par with anything Mahomes has had over the last 2 seasons. And if Fisher goes down, Remmers is probably better than any swing tackle we've had on the roster. If a G goes down, Rankin is probably as good as any backup G we've had. Allegretti was already the backup C.

I don't see any real cause for alarm.

Yet.

Opt-out period isn't over and any more hits could really start to sting.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15102186)
My friends summer school had to shutdown twice. It's an absolute shitshow.

Multiply that by every county in America. Its not going to get better.

If we want to have a season, even without fans, they need to figure out how to do a football bubble because the NBA and NHL are proving it can be successful.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:31 AM

It'd be nice to get lucky and Osemele be back to his old self for a year. That dude was a monster.

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15102216)
Multiply that by every county in America. Its not going to get better.

If we want to have a season, even without fans, they need to figure out how to do a football bubble because the NBA and NHL are proving it can be successful.

You've been a sniveling **** about every decision made in every state in the union for 6 months.

Nobody gives a shit. Go hide under your bed skirts and let the rest of us talk about Niang in a thread about Niang.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15102209)
He saw the writing on the wall. He knew the NFL was too hard for him.

I don't get this wimp angle. How hard and tough do you have to be to even make it to the NFL?

RunKC 08-06-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102177)
Or more likely the Chiefs will be fine without him this year, likely add additional offensive line depth next offseason (through free agency and/or the draft), and Niang basically destroyed his career before it started.

Good luck with that.

For most of the players, getting caught up in the panic by opting out now may seem like the right thing to do, but reality will hit in terms of the impact on their career (especially for a rookie like Niang) as they realize they are essentially locking themselves out of the NFL until April 2021.

This is some straight up diarrhea folks. Good ****ing god what a shit post

O.city 08-06-2020 08:40 AM

The NFL can't do a bubble. 7 months long and there isn't a spot in America big enough.

Maybe if they broke it up into small bubbles, but as Terez speculated on his pod, the NFL thought it woudl cost them a billion dollars plus to do the bubble. They can't do that.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 08:40 AM

56 NFL players have tested positive for COVID-19 since July 21st... 2% of the entire NFL player population.

60 players have opted out... also about 2% of the entire NFL player population.

No star players have opted out.

But some dumbshits want to continue riding the hysteria/panic train and cancel the season.

Please feel free to opt out as a fan from following the season.

BWillie 08-06-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15102184)

MOVING UP the season was the play.

DaFace 08-06-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15102203)
Terez indicates there's "family concerns"

Nah. He's obviously just a pussy. :rolleyes:

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15102238)
This is some straight up diarrhea folks. Good ****ing god what a shit post

You are the dumbshit who continues to breathlessly panic over every opt-out.

2% of NFL players, including no star players have opted out.

If you can't handle that... do yourself a favor and opt-out of the season as a fan.

You won't be missed.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 08:44 AM

I can't believe the homering up about this.

Guard might be the worst position on the team BEFORE this and it just got awful.

I'll remind you all that the Donks signed Jurrell Casey a few months ago.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15102221)
You've been a sniveling **** about every decision made in every state in the union for 6 months.

Sniveling or not, I've been proven right about every major decision too.

Dante84 08-06-2020 08:45 AM

Our 3 Opt Outs:
- LDT: Foregoing his salary and delaying his FA payday by a year to save lives
- Damien Williams: Conceding his starting spot after being a Super Bowl hero, and choosing to spend time with his mother, who has stage 4 cancer.
- Niang: Bypassing his rookie year for family reasons

I don't think any of our guys should catch any hell for their decisions.

Direckshun 08-06-2020 08:46 AM

This tweaks our 2020 but it really ****s up our 2021.

We have negative cap space for 2021. We need to create space. The most likely way we do that is by extending a bunch of the big ticket players, and if Niang had looked good in 2020, we have the ability to cut Fisher and start Niang in 2021.

This makes that virtually impossible. So we’re going to have to look elsewhere for cuts and it’s going to be very dicey. Veach will have to square a circle.

BWillie 08-06-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102239)
The NFL can't do a bubble. 7 months long and there isn't a spot in America big enough.

Maybe if they broke it up into small bubbles, but as Terez speculated on his pod, the NFL thought it would cost them a billion dollars plus to do the bubble. They can't do that.

Logistically they could easily do a bubble. Now would players want to make that sacrifice to make millions of dollars? That is the question. I doubt they would want to. The NBA hasn't had to face that hurdle yet because their restart is just a few weeks long and then the playoffs.

The advantage of having a bubble in the NFL is you have a larger revenue source with more weeks & months to lower that fixed cost.

The disadvantage of the bubble in the NBA is you have a smaller revenue source (not by a ton though) with much less time to attribute that fixed cost.

Players families and friends could even enter the bubble and come and go when they please as long as they adhere to the quarantine and pass x amt of tests first. It isn't like you COULDN'T see your family the entire duration but it does make it much more difficult.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102252)

Guard might be the worst position on the team BEFORE this and it just got awful.

If it was that bad before, are the players replacing them that much worse?

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102252)

There isnt any guards out there on the open market is there? I'd think not but we are hurting pretty bad at guard. Maybe the bottom of the barrell looks good now.

Mecca 08-06-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15102249)

We have some real dumb people that post here.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15102261)
Logistically they could easily do a bubble. Now would players want to make that sacrifice to make millions of dollars? That is the question. I doubt they would want to. The NBA hasn't had to face that hurdle yet because their restart is just a few weeks long and then the playoffs.

The advantage of having a bubble in the NFL is you have a larger revenue source with more weeks & months to lower that fixed cost.

The disadvantage of the bubble in the NBA is you have a smaller revenue source (not by a ton though) with much less time to attribute that fixed cost.

Players families and friends could even enter the bubble and come and go when they please as long as they adhere to the quarantine and pass x amt of tests first. It isn't like you COULDN'T see your family the entire duration but it does make it much more difficult.

Terez says it's not logistically possible on his recent podcast as well as not being financially possible.

So...

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15102249)

It's a decision being made more based on emotion/fear than on logic/reality.

Using Damien Williams' situation as an example... unless he plans to lock himself into quarantine for the entire duration of the pandemic to be around his mother, he could still easily risk exposing her to the virus by going about his daily life outside of football.

RunKC 08-06-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102250)
You are the dumbshit who continues to breathlessly panic over every opt-out.

2% of NFL players, including no star players have opted out.

If you can't handle that... do yourself a favor and opt-out of the season as a fan.

You won't be missed.

Your dumbass thinks a rookie developmental OL who had a serious hip surgery last Fall and was going to be redshirted this year anyway is potentially destroying his career by not opting out.

It’s going to be hilarious when all these guys come back next year and are in the league making your “they are destroying their career” schtick even more laughable than it is now.

Mecca 08-06-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15102195)
The players opting out are nutless twats.

You should personally go tell Damian Williams that giving a shit about his mom makes him a nutless twat, report back how badly he beats your ass.

Jerok 08-06-2020 08:49 AM

He needs a year of strength training anyway right? He wasn't going to be a huge benefit this season, so I think this works out well, given that we get an extra year out of him too.

However, him marching and then saying he's too scared to play is a bit hard to swallow.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102262)
If it was that bad before, are the players replacing them that much worse?

These same posts were probably made during the Pioli era when Nsuckwe, Alleman and Goff were manning the interior.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15102272)
Your dumbass thinks a rookie developmental OL who had a serious hip surgery last Fall and was going to be redshirted this year anyway is potentially destroying his career by not opting out.

It’s going to be hilarious when all these guys come back next year and are in the league making your “they are destroying their career” schtick even more laughable than it is now.

"Redshirting" and not opting out means he still would have been part of the Chiefs organization this year, rehabbing his hip, going through practices, etc.

"Redshirting" and opting out means he will be completely cut off from the Chiefs/NFL until at least April 2021... he won't be allowed at the team facility, won't be allowed to be part of any team conditioning/rehab program, etc.

Apparently you are too dense to see that difference.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102278)
These same posts were probably made during the Pioli era when Nsuckwe, Alleman and Goff were manning the interior.

And they weren't that much worse than what they were replacing then.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102278)

Geezz how bad were we? :shake:

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15102253)
Sniveling or not, I've been proven right about every major decision too.

Like hell you have.

The 'bloodbath' in Florida was about 1/8th of NY and came about 12 weeks after you kept insisting it was a mere 2 weeks away over and over and over again. Likewise with everything else. Oh, and when NOTHING has worked anywhere, let's stop acting like you have some silver bullet.

You've been jerking to fear porn for months and finding any number of willing accomplices. Good for you - keep it in the fear porn thread you intolerably miserable twat.

BWillie 08-06-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15102266)
Terez says it's not logistically possible on his recent podcast as well as not being financially possible.

So...

Even if it costs 1 billion as you say (which I highly doubt) but lets say it does.

Not having a season costs you about 15-18 billion as that is the projected revenue of the NFL in a regular 2020 year.

Allowing yourself to have a season while spending 1 billion dollars is still clearly the answer. Even without fans, the TV deals the NFL makes is 12 billion ALONE. Along with other revenue streams it is a no-brainer.

Saying you can't do it, is nonsense. You could easily have a 50k city in a bubble should you want to. The only wildcard is if the players and NFLPA would even consider it. People really care about their family I guess. Personally, I'd look for any excuse to get away from seeing my family everyday if I could. But I acknowledge I am a piece of shit.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15102285)
you intolerably miserable twat.

You should reconsider your morning caffeine intake.

The Franchise 08-06-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15102183)
Well sheet.

Not great news - another hit to the depth of the squad. I'd say we're about out of rope on the OL.

We have some UDFA lineman with nice potential, but with a limited camp and no pre-season, you just have very little ability to get them up to speed.

On its own this won't hurt us but we essentially have no wiggle room left. Rankin needs to come back healthy to give us any depth on the IOL. This may save Allegretti (who I think might have been in trouble). It's pretty well ensures that Remmers is that swing-tackle, though that was probably pretty likely.

Just hate seeing the shots the depth is taking. Injuries could be truly catastrophic at this point.

Rankins is starting out on PUP. Hopefully he gets healthy really ****ing quick.

Mecca 08-06-2020 08:58 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Crazy that me choosing my family’s wellbeing over a game comes with so called fans attacking and questioning me and saying I’m selfish. No you guys are selfish for thinking that football is bigger than life. Oh by the way my girl’s grandfather passed from COVID. U understand now?</p>&mdash; Tre&#39;Davious White (@TakeAwayTre_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TakeAwayTre_/status/1291350651570663424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And he gives a message a lot of posters here should take to heart.

O.city 08-06-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15102286)
Even if it costs 1 billion as you say (which I highly doubt) but lets say it does.

Not having a season costs you about 15-18 billion as that is the projected revenue of the NFL in a regular 2020 year.

Allowing yourself to have a season while spending 1 billion dollars is still clearly the answer. Even without fans, the TV deals the NFL makes is 12 billion ALONE. Along with other revenue streams it is a no-brainer.

Saying you can't do it, is nonsense. You could easily have a 50k city in a bubble should you want to. The only wildcard is if the players and NFLPA would even consider it. People really care about their family I guess. Personally, I'd look for any excuse to get away from seeing my family everyday if I could. But I acknowledge I am a piece of shit.

I dont' even think it's the cost, it's the massive amount of people it would take.

You'd have to have all the TV crews do it. All the officials who have regular jobs as well do it. Food prep, training crews. It's just a massive overhaul for 7 months.

Then you have to actually have the place to do it. There's not a place I know of that could handle that.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-06-2020 09:00 AM

Shit, he needs to be getting experience. Sitting a year for a rookie is not good

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15102286)

A billion more in additional costs over no season seems to be money well spent.

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15102298)
You should reconsider your morning caffeine intake.

And you should change your pad.

We all have our crosses to bear.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 09:01 AM

https://i.redd.it/zvs5tx03j6p01.png