ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL trade watch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324629)

O.city 08-24-2019 08:27 AM

Only one tag next offseason and you have him and Jones to deal with

I dunno fellas

O.city 08-24-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14406828)
I’m not sure I’d do that deal, if offered. PP wants a new deal, has suctance concerns for a second suspension, is at the end of his prime and we wouldn’t get him for the girstn6 games.

Hill is a HOF quality WR paired with a HOF quality QB. In today’s NFL, that’s priceless.

If Peterson were 3 years younger, it’s a different conversation.

If it were Peterson and their first rounder which would probably or could be a top 5 pick?

notorious 08-24-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406824)
Devils advocate here but...

If he wants to too odell money and pair that with the offfiekd stuff, the chiefs aren’t gonna pay him, then what?

I agree I wouldn’t trade him

It would be understandable if they traded him. He will get maximum value, and save the team a lot of cap.

If Mahomes is what we believe he is, the team should be fine. WR's don't win Superbowls, QB's and defense do.

O.city 08-24-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14406838)
It would be understandable if they traded him. He will get maximum value, and save the team a lot of cap.

If Mahomes is what we believe he is, the team should be fine. WR's don't win Superbowls, QB's and defense do.

I don’t think there’s one way to win a Super Bowl

It’s hard and I think having as many elite players as you can will only help.

I don’t know that another team will give much of a premium for Hill right now though

notorious 08-24-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406844)
I don’t think there’s one way to win a Super Bowl

It’s hard and I think having as many elite players as you can will only help.

I don’t know that another team will give much of a premium for Hill right now though

I think we would all surprised at what Hill would bring. Other teams know exactly what he is.

With that said, you keep a HOF player.

O.city 08-24-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14406847)
I think we would all surprised at what Hill would bring. Other teams know exactly what he is.

With that said, you keep a HOF player.

If the chiefs are scared off by the off field stuff I can’t imagine another team is willing to break the bank

BossChief 08-24-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406830)
Only one tag next offseason and you have him and Jones to deal with

I dunno fellas

We get a transition tag AND a franchise tag this upcoming offseason.

It’s part of the CBA.

notorious 08-24-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406851)
If the chiefs are scared off by the off field stuff I can’t imagine another team is willing to break the bank

I hope we don't find out what he's really worth. ;)

ILChief 08-24-2019 09:00 AM

Hill for Ramsey straight up. Yes or No?

BlackOp 08-24-2019 09:02 AM

A GM might spend his entire career hoping to find a player like Hill...and considering the arm talent of Mahomes, it makes him more valuable than some arbitrary 1st round pick you hope might pan out.

Hill and Mahomes are untradable....having a guy that demands a double team takes out two defensive players every down.

There is literally no way Veach, being a former WR, trades him....

notorious 08-24-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14406855)

Nope.

DJJasonp 08-24-2019 09:04 AM

Some folks need to put the madden trade analyzer down.....

MIAdragon 08-24-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

God no.

Halfcan 08-24-2019 09:08 AM

The talk about Hill this season has gone from Cut Him, Suspend Him, Cut Him now Trade Him... I will be glad when all of this nonsense is over and the conversation is about, Resigning Him.

RunKC 08-24-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14406838)

I agree. Mahomes got Albert Wilson and Chris Conley paid. He lost Kareem Hunt and Sammy Watkins for half the season and still put up tons of points.

That’s why Chris Jones is more valuable than Tyreek Hill. You can replicate a lot of Tyreek Hill with Pat and Andy. Just look at the potential of Mecole Hardman. I don’t think this team could find another Chris Jones.

This team has no problem drafting and fitting offensive talent. They can’t find/fit defensive talent anywhere near the same frequency.

RealSNR 08-24-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/LOEI8j...YvhJ/giphy.gif

O.city 08-24-2019 09:15 AM

Man I just don’t know about that

I think Hill is a bit of an outlier. You take him away from the offense and they become easier to defense. Belicheck said the same thing

mr. tegu 08-24-2019 09:23 AM

Do fans of other teams have conversations about trading the best non QB offensive player? There is just no reason to trade him from any perspective you can possibly think of. And if he were traded, then every single person should be fired immediately for being colossally stupid.

Bwana 08-24-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Nope

dlphg9 08-24-2019 09:27 AM

There are 2 untouchable players on this team Mahomes of course and Tyreek Hill. Hill gets better every year as he learns the position and refines his skills. I bet he pushes 2000 yards this year. He's going to have probably 5-6 more elite years of 1500+. With his honed skills he should still be fairly productive even when he loses a step. If he stays healthy he will be in the top 10 for all time rec yards.

Someone save this post, so we can see I'm right in 10 years.

FAX 08-24-2019 09:28 AM

Hill is unique. You can't replace unique. Not entirely.

Therefore, it stands to reason that you don't trade unique.

FAX

pugsnotdrugs19 08-24-2019 09:30 AM

https://twitter.com/mattverderame/st...415012353?s=21

They aren’t trading Hill. And that should have been obvious when they stuck with him throughout the whole offseason.

This is Andy’s year to get a ring, no need to **** it up now.

BossChief 08-24-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406874)

I think Hill is a bit of an outlier. You take him away from the offense and they become easier to defense. Belicheck said the same thing

Hardman changes that conversation

Dante84 08-24-2019 09:30 AM

I do not want to trade Tyreek.
I do not think we will trade Tyreek.

That said... if we did... my thoughts below:

• The Chiefs probably spent time this Spring imagining an offense and team in 2019 without Tyreek because of the drama, even if for just a short time. They had to think through contingency plans.
• The Chiefs probably spent time imagining an offense and team in 2020 and beyond without Tyreek because of his, Jones’ and Pat’s contracts. He has Rosenhaus as his agent.
• That plan could have included Tremon’s move to offense (failed test) and signing DAT (distraction speed - meh).
• If their plan is good enough in their minds, and if the payment is good enough, then they consider a trade.
• Not one player Veach has sent packing via cut or trade has gone on to do shit. I trust him in this area.
• Obviously Tyreek is different. But no one can use Tyreek like Reid and Pat.
• Teams may think they are buying low on Tyreek because of timing and drama, but the Chiefs would not sell him low.

• One trade I’d consider: Tyreek for PP and the Cards’ 2020 1st. That’s an elite corner for 10 games + playoffs and a top-5 pick.
• Another trade to consider: Tyreek for Jalen Ramsey. Talent wise, it’s a net loss, but you pay a tax for moving the talent to the other side of the ball. Money-wise, this trade does not make sense.
• Only other trade I would consider: 2 first rounders from a really shitty team.

Jerm 08-24-2019 09:34 AM

Yes we're going to trade our biggest offensive and ST weapon 2 weeks before the season starts....

Come on lol....

RunKC 08-24-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406874)

I remember hearing that the top offenses of all-time never won a Super Bowl.

2013 Broncos
2018 Chiefs
2007 Patriots
2011 Packers
1998 Vikings
2011 Saints
2016 Falcons
1990 Bills

To my knowledge, the 1999 Greatest Show on Turf Rams are the only one who won a Lombardi

O.city 08-24-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14406892)

2013 Broncos
2018 Chiefs
2007 Patriots
2011 Packers
1998 Vikings
2011 Saints
2016 Falcons
1990 Bills

To my knowledge, the 1999 Greatest Show on Turf Rams are the only one who won a Lombardi

But how many of those teams made it to the champ game or the super bowl?

It’s hard to win man. But the chiefs historic offense got them about as close as possible to a super bowl. Once you get that far you’re gonna have to play other elite teams

O.city 08-24-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14406885)

Hardman hasn’t caught a pass from Mahomes in a game yet

Let’s pump the brakes a bit

RunKC 08-24-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406894)
But how many of those teams made it to the champ game or the super bowl?

It’s hard to win man. But the chiefs historic offense got them about as close as possible to a super bowl. Once you get that far you’re gonna have to play other elite teams

Andy Reid has been to a championship game 6 times. He only went to the Super Bowl once.

That one time was with Jim Johnson and a damn good defense.

That says an awful lot

pugsnotdrugs19 08-24-2019 09:47 AM

I don’t like this thought process that Hardman can just step in a be Tyreek Light... are we forgetting that Watkins is far from a guarantee to be out there all season long?

I don’t see them trading Hill at all right now. But if they did, good chance you see our WR lineup as Hardman, D-Rob, and ?..... for at least a couple weeks.

Yuck.

BossChief 08-24-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406898)
Hardman hasn’t caught a pass from Mahomes in a game yet

Let’s pump the brakes a bit

devils advocate

Mahomes wouldn’t stop being Mahomes if we lose Hill. He would still have multiple top shelf receiving targets. Hardman isn’t proven, but his talents are undeniable.

The defense NEEDS a top shelf corner to have the ability to play aggressive.

BossChief 08-24-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14406901)
Andy Reid has been to a championship game 6 times. He only went to the Super Bowl once.

That says an awful lot

Terrell Owens.

RunKC 08-24-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14406903)
I don’t like this thought process that Hardman can just step in a be Tyreek Light... are we forgetting that Watkins is far from a guarantee to be out there all season long?

I don’t see them trading Hill at all right now. But if they did, good chance you see our WR lineup as Hardman, D-Rob, and ?..... for at least a couple weeks.

Yuck.

We can all agree to not trading him now. Next Spring is a good debate

O.city 08-24-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

That says an awful lot

What about the other times he had Jim Johnson? Why didn’t he go then?

O.city 08-24-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14406905)
devils advocate

Mahomes wouldn’t stop being Mahomes if we lose Hill. He would still have multiple top shelf receiving targets. Hardman isn’t proven, but his talents are undeniable.

The defense NEEDS a top shelf corner to have the ability to play aggressive.

I don’t think you need a top shelf corner anymore

They need solid play everywhere

JD10367 08-24-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14406803)
If they trade him this close to week 1, fire everyone.

Belichick traded starting safety and stud player Lawyer Milloy to Buffalo, before Week One vs. Buffalo. Buffalo then kicked the shit out of the Patriots, I think it was something like 28-0, resulting in the now famous quote, “This team hates their coach.” They won the Super Bowl that year.

Mahomes is all that matters. He’s the new Brady for the next 15 years. Give him even half-decent talent and he’ll elevate it.

King_Chief_Fan 08-24-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14406886)
I do not want to trade Tyreek.
I do not think we will trade Tyreek.

That said... if we did... my thoughts below:

• The Chiefs probably spent time this Spring imagining an offense and team in 2019 without Tyreek because of the drama, even if for just a short time. They had to think through contingency plans.
• The Chiefs probably spent time imagining an offense and team in 2020 and beyond without Tyreek because of his, Jones’ and Pat’s contracts. He has Rosenhaus as his agent.
• That plan could have included Tremon’s move to offense (failed test) and signing DAT (distraction speed - meh).
• If their plan is good enough in their minds, and if the payment is good enough, then they consider a trade.
• Not one player Veach has sent packing via cut or trade has gone on to do shit. I trust him in this area.
• Obviously Tyreek is different. But no one can use Tyreek like Reid and Pat.
• Teams may think they are buying low on Tyreek because of timing and drama, but the Chiefs would not sell him low.

• One trade I’d consider: Tyreek for PP and the Cards’ 2020 1st. That’s an elite corner for 10 games + playoffs and a top-5 pick.
• Another trade to consider: Tyreek for Jalen Ramsey. Talent wise, it’s a net loss, but you pay a tax for moving the talent to the other side of the ball. Money-wise, this trade does not make sense.
• Only other trade I would consider: 2 first rounders from a really shitty team.

based on those thoughts you go for it...Peterson or Ramsey have to be part of the equation though

smithandrew051 08-24-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14406892)

2013 Broncos
2018 Chiefs
2007 Patriots
2011 Packers
1998 Vikings
2011 Saints
2016 Falcons
1990 Bills

How many great defenses didn’t go on to win the Super Bowl as well?

Discuss Thrower 08-24-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14406906)
Terrell Owens.

Reid's postseason Philly and pre-Mahomes KC records before and after Jim Johnson are pretty clear..

-King- 08-24-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

That says an awful lot

Not really...

-King- 08-24-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14406934)
Reid's postseason Philly and pre-Mahomes KC records before and after Jim Johnson are pretty clear..

Well yeah everything is pretty clear if you're willing to pick and choose what you do and don't include

RealSNR 08-24-2019 10:39 AM

What is this board's stupid obsession with Jalen Ramsey?

You'd seriously try to pay that dude what he thinks he's going to get with Mahomes' next contract upcoming AND a need to pay Chris Jones and/or Tyreek? Oh, and we're also paying Frank Clark now.

Yeah, you're going to have to make choices, but to invest that shit in ONE elite CB while you could be starting God-knows-what on the opposite side makes the defense VERY vulnerable to tanking into the Packers of the 2010s.

The key when Mahomes has his big money is to try to maintain SOME kind of cap flexibility from year to year. We'll never have much cap space at all, but we need to have at least a SMALL amount of flexibility for short term fixes here and there.

Even without Ramsey, I don't know if it's possible just to pay and keep the guys we've got. It might not be. We might have to sacrifice Hill or Jones anyway. Paying Mahomes, Clark, Jones, Hill, AND Ramsey? And don't forget Honey Badger, maintaining the OL, and however long Kelce is able to play in this league at an elite level.

No. As crazy as this sounds, I'll take my chances with Bashaud Breeland and keep the cap room to spend somewhere else as we need it.

RealSNR 08-24-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14406922)
Belichick traded starting safety and stud player Lawyer Milloy to Buffalo, before Week One vs. Buffalo. Buffalo then kicked the shit out of the Patriots, I think it was something like 28-0, resulting in the now famous quote, “This team hates their coach.” They won the Super Bowl that year.

Mahomes is all that matters. He’s the new Brady for the next 15 years. Give him even half-decent talent and he’ll elevate it.

I would definitely call Tyreek Hill "half-decent talent."

Toad 08-24-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406832)
If it were Peterson and their first rounder which would probably or could be a top 5 pick?

Nope. In this case and at this time, a cheetah in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush...

BlackOp 08-24-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14406956)
What is this board's stupid obsession with Jalen Ramsey?

What's their obsession with Peterson?

Chiefs had probably the worst safety group in the NFL last season...they now have 3 new ones with Watts returning.

They swapped out Scandrick and Nelson...the back-end is essentially new.

They were one stop away from being 15-1...and a few terrible 4th quarter calls from being in the SB.

mr. tegu 08-24-2019 11:18 AM

The Chiefs are a worst team with Ramsey or Peterson and without Hill. I don’t see any argument otherwise.

We didn’t need better corners to win the Super Bowl last season. We needed competent coaching and Ford not lining up offsides.

Pitt Gorilla 08-24-2019 11:21 AM

Not even Brett Veach is stupid enough to trade Tyreek.

Hammock Parties 08-24-2019 11:21 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs aren’t interested in trading Tyreek Hill.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1165306350873841665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 08-24-2019 11:34 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs aren’t interested in trading Tyreek Hill.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1165306350873841665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26 08-24-2019 11:39 AM

Of course they aren’t. It’s crazy talk.

JohnnyHammersticks 08-24-2019 11:40 AM

Obviously.

Even if the Chiefs were willing, no team is going to break the bank for someone who's (rightly or wrongly) going to fire up a shitstorm from the local SJWs like Tyreek inevitably would.

Pitt Gorilla 08-24-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 14407004)
Obviously.

Even if the Chiefs were willing, no team is going to break the bank for someone who's (rightly or wrongly) going to fire up a shitstorm from the local SJWs like Tyreek inevitably would.

LMAO

RealSNR 08-24-2019 11:46 AM

Knock on wood, as long as our CBs stay healthy, we're gonna be just fine. They'll give up yards, they'll give up catches, and they'll give up scores, but I think they're good enough to at least not trip over their own goddamn dicks, even in this new defense.

To be honest, if we could magically add any elite stud at one position on defense, I might actually go with a MLB. Our current starter (whether it's Niemann or Ragland) can't be on the field all three downs, and even when we're only operating out of a base defense, they're not exactly shutting all the shit down that comes their way. I know it's kind of like RB, where you can find LBs practically anywhere, but you still can't have a great defense without great LBs. It's too exploitable.

I think that would do more to force offenses to punt than adding a shutdown corner the way our team is currently constructed.

mr. tegu 08-24-2019 11:49 AM

NFL trade watch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14406991)
The Chiefs aren’t interested in trading Tyreek Hill.— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 24, 2019

He probably messaged someone asking about any interest in trading Hill and got back a gif like this.

https://tenor.com/93vm.gif

KChiefs1 08-24-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

HELL NO!!!!

Hill for the entire Jag defense?
I’ll think about it.

Discuss Thrower 08-24-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14406953)
Well yeah everything is pretty clear if you're willing to pick and choose what you do and don't include

Yeah. Pointing out a team no longer had the services of a Hall of Fame defensive coaching talent is cherry picking.

:rolleyes:

FlorentinePogen 08-24-2019 12:00 PM

Who started this jackass rumor about trading Tyreek?

Hammock Parties 08-24-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen (Post 14407023)

Benjamin Allbright.

Geoff Schwartz piling on with his dumb opinion.

FlorentinePogen 08-24-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14407025)
Benjamin Allbright..

Ah, I see, a friggin Donkey reporter. Makes sense. I thought he was too busy getting trolled the F' out by barstoolies and making legal threats LMAO

smithandrew051 08-24-2019 12:08 PM

The Hill trade talk is so dumb.

We wouldn’t trade him to a contender and have it bite us in the ass later.

No team that is building would mortgage their future by giving the Chiefs multiple firsts to get him.

Chiefshrink 08-24-2019 12:09 PM

Watkins instead of Hill if they are going to dangle anyone. And who wants that contract and injury history ?:rolleyes:

BossChief 08-24-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14407025)
Benjamin Allbright.

Geoff Schwartz piling on with his dumb opinion.

Ben is a guy with little to no real sources that somehow is still employed.

He straight up makes things up.

Lots of those guys out there. He should have been fired after the Evan Mathis stuff.

RunKC 08-24-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14406925)
How many great defenses didn’t go on to win the Super Bowl as well?

Not many.

1969 Chiefs
1976 Steelers
1985 Bears
1986 Giants
2000 Ravens
2002 Bucanneers
2008 Steelers
2013 Seahawks
2015 Broncos

Every one of these defenses won the Super Bowl

-King- 08-24-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14407018)
Yeah. Pointing out a team no longer had the services of a Hall of Fame defensive coaching talent is cherry picking.

:rolleyes:

How is it not?

SAUTO 08-24-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14406885)

No he doesn't

smithandrew051 08-24-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14407070)
Not many.

1969 Chiefs
1976 Steelers
1985 Bears
1986 Giants
2000 Ravens
2002 Bucanneers
2008 Steelers
2013 Seahawks
2015 Broncos

Every one of these defenses won the Super Bowl

I don’t think it comes down to being great on offense or defense specifically. I think you need to either be elite on one side of the ball and competent on the other OR good on both sides of the ball.

Some of the examples above aren’t really relevant anymore. Are the Brad Johnsons or Trent Dilfers of the world going to be the QBs on Super Bowl winning teams in today’s NFL? Not likely.

Before anyone brings up Foles, the Eagles wouldn’t have had the 1 seed without Wentz having the season he did. Foles wouldn’t have made it to the Super Bowl as a wildcard.

Discuss Thrower 08-24-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14407096)
How is it not?

10-7 playoff record with Jim Johnson, 2-7 without Jim Johnson.

But you're so right. There's nothing meaningful that can be inferred from this data.

-King- 08-24-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14407130)
10-7 playoff record with Jim Johnson, 2-7 without Jim Johnson.

But you're so right. There's nothing meaningful that can be inferred from this data.

Yeah you can do that with a lot of people. If you take away their most successful part of their career, what do you expect? It's like saying Michael Jordan wasn't as good as he was because he has a 5-15 playoff record without Phil Jackson. See how easy that is?

Baby Lee 08-24-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14406881)
There are 2 untouchable players on this team Mahomes of course and Tyreek Hill. Hill gets better every year as he learns the position and refines his skills. I bet he pushes 2000 yards this year. He's going to have probably 5-6 more elite years of 1500+. With his honed skills he should still be fairly productive even when he loses a step. If he stays healthy he will be in the top 10 for all time rec yards.

Someone save this post, so we can see I'm right in 10 years.

I said over a year ago that if I were starting a franchise from scratch, from the Chiefs organization I'd take Mahomes and Hill over everything, down to Arrowhead, Reid and Kansas City.

New World Order 08-24-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

That says an awful lot

It's not like he had a ton of offensive help.

For a while he had Pinkston, Thrash and Freddie Mitchell as his receivers. The one complete year he had a dynamic receiving weapon in TO they went to the SB

Had he had Patrick Mahomes in 2004, he would most likely have a ring right now.

-King- 08-24-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14407145)
It's not like he had a ton of offensive help.

For a while he had Pinkston, Thrash and Freddie Mitchell as his receivers. The one complete year he had a dynamic receiving weapon in TO they went to the SB

Had he had Patrick Mahomes in 2004, he would most likely have a ring right now.

He would. Patrick mahomes plays his ass off late in games. He wouldn't be throwing up like McNabb was.

Pitt Gorilla 08-24-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen (Post 14407023)

Does it matter? If you’re dumb enough to believe such nonsense, football is likely the least of your worries in life.

Pitt Gorilla 08-24-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14406872)
I agree. Mahomes got Albert Wilson and Chris Conley paid. He lost Kareem Hunt and Sammy Watkins for half the season and still put up tons of points.

That’s why Chris Jones is more valuable than Tyreek Hill. You can replicate a lot of Tyreek Hill with Pat and Andy. Just look at the potential of Mecole Hardman. I don’t think this team could find another Chris Jones.

This team has no problem drafting and fitting offensive talent. They can’t find/fit defensive talent anywhere near the same frequency.

Jesus Christ.

CasselGotPeedOn 08-24-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14406872)

Hill is a first ballot HOF type of talent. Is Chris Jones?

O.city 08-24-2019 04:34 PM

I know what terez said but I still kinda have a sneaking suspicion that a hill for clowney deal is or atleast has been discussed

Bump 08-24-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14407298)
I know what terez said but I still kinda have a sneaking suspicion that a hill for clowney deal is or atleast has been discussed

would be mad if true

Chief Roundup 08-24-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Dude you need to stop with all this stuff.

JakeF 08-24-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14407281)
Hill is a first ballot HOF type of talent. Is Chris Jones?

Doubtful, Chris Jones was weak against the run last year. He sold out last year to get sacks so he could get a bigger contract. He said '**** it' and went all out for the QB whether it hurt our run defense or not. Chris Jones seem to do most of his damage by abusing centers. He was so quick he could lineup over the center and get through the gap before the center could close it off. I'm not sure he gets to do that in a 4-3 scheme. I would like to see Jones show a complete game before giving him a big contract.

I'm not concerned with Hill on the field at all. As long as the Chiefs protect themselves with Hill off the field in the next contract it's all good. We don't trade Hill until at least one tag year. By then we should know if Mahomes will make everyone good or if Hill is the exception

O.city 08-24-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14407304)
Dude you need to stop with all this stuff.

There's been alot of smoke about Hill being traded. With that much smoke, there could very well be fire somewhere.

smithandrew051 08-24-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

If that’s a 1 for 1 trade, then everyone in the Chiefs organization needs to be fired...even down to the equipment managers. Anyone associated with the organization that makes that trade needs to be blackballed from ever working anywhere ever again.