ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Indiana Jones 5: First Details (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338387)

Frazod 05-23-2021 02:00 PM

Temple of Doom sucked balls. If Spielberg ever made a shittier movie I haven't seen it. And I've seen 1941.

Hammock Parties 05-23-2021 02:15 PM

Temple of Doom is better than Crystal Skull, c'mon.

Not to mention The Lost World.

LMAO

DJJasonp 05-23-2021 02:23 PM

Temple is better. But shortround and whatshername make repeated viewings painful.

The jungle monkeys cgi and Indy surviving a nuke by hiding in a fridge that gets blown a 1/4 mile away.....for shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frazod 05-23-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15684269)
Temple of Doom is better than Crystal Skull, c'mon.

Not to mention The Lost World.

LMAO

I've never watched Crystal Skull, and never will. To me, it's like Arthur 2 and Alien 3. Doesn't exist in my personal universe.

And while Lost World was no prize, it was still better than Temple of Doom. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out. Walked in expecting Raiders; walked out thinking "what the ****?" That stupid ass opening scene where they escape the plane in a raft, slide down a mountain and land in a river was the big budget version of the opening of Land of the Lost. The only thing missing was the banjo music. :shake:

And that annoying little brat and constantly screaming Kate Capshaw were Jar Jar before there was a Jar Jar.

Imon Yourside 05-23-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15683505)
Ancient Aliens WERE a religion for some cultures, is the way you have to look at it.

It's how they handled that concept that was off. A giant ****ing grey and a flying saucer in your face at the end ain't it.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ctaNgb7c88c" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 05-23-2021 02:54 PM

Brilliant!

To each his own, I suppose, on Short Round and Willie. I love 'em both.

I suppose it's a lot like Phantom Menace for kids. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I saw Temple of Doom and instantly loved it.

Frazod 05-23-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15684301)
Brilliant!

To each his own, I suppose, on Short Round and Willie. I love 'em both.

I suppose it's a lot like Phantom Menace for kids. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I saw Temple of Doom and instantly loved it.

I saw that when I was in A School in Mississippi (between boot camp and the ship), so I would have been 18 or 19. Perhaps I would have liked it more had I been a bit younger.

It certainly didn't help that the original was so good.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15684304)
I saw that when I was in A School in Mississippi (between boot camp and the ship), so I would have been 18 or 19. Perhaps I would have liked it more had I been a bit younger.

It certainly didn't help that the original was so good.

I saw Temple of Doom in the movie theater when I was 17 years old. I clearly remember looking at my brother mouthing "What the **** is this shit?".

I thought the movie from garbage from start to finish. Short Round was annoying as **** and Kate Capshaw wasn't much better.

I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved Last Crusade and still believe it was the perfect ending for Indy and his pals.

Nothing beats riding off into the sunset...

Frazod 05-23-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15684326)
I saw Temple of Doom in the movie theater when I was 17 years old. I clearly remember looking at my brother mouthing "What the **** is this shit?".

I thought the movie from garbage from start to finish. Short Round was annoying as **** and Kate Capshaw wasn't much better.

I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved Last Crusade and still believe it was the perfect ending for Indy and his pals.

Nothing beats riding off into the sunset...

I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15684353)
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.

Yeah, as much as I loved the original, The Last Crusade is my favorite for all of those reasons you listed.

If I'm flipping channels and it's on, it's one of those movies I just can't turn off until it's over.

Deberg_1990 05-23-2021 04:19 PM

Connery was only 12 years older than Ford, but they sold that very well.

notorious 05-23-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15684353)

The lead-in to Indy getting punched in the face on the boat was the perfect opening.

Crusade is pretty close to a perfect movie for me. The first as well.

Frazod 05-23-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15684459)
The lead-in to Indy getting punched in the face on the boat was the perfect opening.

Crusade is pretty close to a perfect movie for me. The first as well.

I've mentioned before that one of my friends deals in movie memorabilia. At one point he had one of several fedoras used in that movie. While there is no way of knowing which hat was used in any particular scene, it's quite possible that I've actually had that hat on my head.

Deberg_1990 05-23-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15684492)
I've mentioned before that one of my friends deals in movie memorabilia. At one point he had one of several fedoras used in that movie. While there is no way of knowing which hat was used in any particular scene, it's quite possible that I've actually had that hat on my head.

That’s awesome.

notorious 05-23-2021 06:15 PM

Kick ass.