ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Alex Gordon: The Royal Years (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333810)

chief4life 09-24-2020 12:56 PM

Alex Gordon: The Royal Years

Alex Gordon is retiring after playing for 14 years. Relive all his greatest plays in this video I made for him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vQ0JMeBqRX8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PurpleJesus28 09-24-2020 01:58 PM

Watched the whole video,very well put together,so many great memories there.Next to George Brett,i can't think of another Royal i saw play that worked so hard to perfect his craft.

Mama Hip Rockets 09-24-2020 05:26 PM

I just watched your video of his greatest defensive highlights and posted it in the other Gordon thread. Good work, man.

Pablo 09-24-2020 07:21 PM

Great job dude.

redfan 09-24-2020 07:45 PM

Nice! Splitt had the call on AG's first hit.

bringbackmarty 09-24-2020 07:59 PM

Honestly, I was pissed at him a lot over the last 14 years and now I feel guilty. I've seen him make so many defensive plays that just boggle the mind, with a dash of clutch hitting along the way. Seems like he's just barely, almost, on the outermost fringe of hall worthy. Then there's the games we should have won and he was slumping, hurt, the giant hole in his swing and whatever he was doing this season. In many ways he was like greinke but he never made any excuses. He's an odd bird who with a little bit better bat and more power could have been there. Betcha he's not done yet, probably gets there as a manager.

ChiefsFanatic 09-25-2020 03:56 AM

I was lucky enough to be at Game One of the 2015 World Series, and when he hit that HR to center field in the bottom of the 9th inning, it was one of the most electric things I have ever experienced. It was one of the most pure feelings of joy I have ever experienced in life.

I believe in that moment The K was as loud as I had ever heard Arrowhead up to that point in time. (Maybe the Dante Hall kick return against the Colts in the playoffs was a little louder, but recency bias makes me feel like The K was louder in that moment)

It was even better than Game Six of the 1985 World Series.

Other than that HR, I will always remember Gordon for his amazing outfield defense, his amazing arm & all the amazing outfield assists.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ChiTown 09-25-2020 04:00 AM

Bravo! That was wonderfully done. Thank you!

oldman 09-25-2020 06:59 AM

It's too bad that his time had to end this season. I remember Brett's last game when he kiss home plate. I would have liked Alex to have had the same chance to go out with the crowd cheering.

Why Not? 09-25-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15191532)
It's too bad that his time had to end this season. I remember Brett's last game when he kiss home plate. I would have liked Alex to have had the same chance to go out with the crowd cheering.

Yeah you’d almost rather him do like an Ichiro. Everyone knows he’s retiring and they work out whatever business stuff and he plays in the first home game in 2021. Pull him after an AB or an out in the OF and let the fans send him off properly.

burt 09-25-2020 10:10 AM

A spine tingling, goose bump inducing video. Well done....and thank you.

chief4life 09-27-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 15191735)
A spine tingling, goose bump inducing video. Well done....and thank you.

Thank you :thumb:

CoMoChief 09-27-2020 09:35 AM

That 9th inning HR....man...I was there. That was the loudest I've ever heard the K...and the roar at that moment, rivals anything I've heard at Arrowhead.

CoMoChief 09-27-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15191532)

I was at that game where Brett kissed home plate...I was only about 8 at the time, something I'll always remember.

Demonpenz 09-27-2020 01:06 PM

This story is only important to me but I like it. Rookie or early years of gordon no one at the park late in a blowout or somewhat close game my dad are there yucking it up being stupid, and it is 3-0 and I yell out as loud as I can "GIVE EM THE GREEN LIGHT!" and this old timer turns around and goes, they ain't going to let him swing 3-0. Next pitch *CRUSHINSTIEN" no doubter into the rightfield bullpen around first old timer turns around gives me a nod.