ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here’s why you don’t start Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311659)

ROYC75 11-19-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 13227374)
Any player can get hurt on any play, game or practice. Cant live your life in constant fear of terrible things happening.

Get the kid some experience.

Watson goes down in practice, even thou there is a debate about that. Sure Houston fans are unhappy, but they got a taste of what is good to come too!

Rasputin 11-19-2017 06:35 PM

Patrick Mahomes II was sleighing it at camp every day he was making plays.

Oh and I don't get the excuse he has to learn the playbook when he has the duty of acting like the opposing quarterback and has to know how to run other teams plays. I think a good coach adapts to the quarterback strengths and the plays are ever being changed for that reason.

FlaChief58 11-19-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227335)
Our defense won’t allow this team to have any chance. You keep Smith in to TRY to build up value, you bench him all hopes are gone and we risk injury to our QBOTF for no reason at all.

You guys wanna risk injury just so he can get some game time snaps under his belt? Ridiculous. No ****ing way, he’ll get his chance soon.

Smitty has re-inserted his head up his ass and reverted to check down Charlie. PMII could blow an acl the first snap of preseason next year too. Does that mean you shouldn't let him practice? No, get the kid in there and turn him loose.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13227364)
Alex Smith is done. D.O.N.E. Done.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploa...cry-gif-19.gif

Eleazar 11-19-2017 06:36 PM

Even if the arguments for not risking injury to Mahomes or letting him learn until next year are disappearing in our minds as the team circles the drain, we all know good and well that no such change is happening in Reid's mind. Smith would probably have to completely crater for several more weeks before he would even consider making a switch, if he would at all.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 13227406)
Smitty has re-inserted his head up his ass and reverted to check down Charlie. PMII could blow an acl the first snap of preseason next year too. Does that mean you shouldn't let him practice? No, get the kid in there and turn him loose.

Of course he can blow it next year, that’s very true. Why risk it now when this team is in the shitter?

Fish 11-19-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13227387)
Well my post was more so making this point. But you and I both know it's very unlikely to happen with how the NFL treats rookies and how we know Andy believes in Alex. It just won't happen.

And what happened to Dane McHomer? Are you seeing the light on the Chiefs?

The NFL has changed. Just this year we've had Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Beathard, and now Peterman all start as rookie QBs.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:39 PM

As shitty as this may sound, I’d rather him get hurt in a game that he was suppose to start in, rather in a game where had no reason to be in. It’s not smart.

thegame214 11-19-2017 06:40 PM

Why is Mahomes not ready when Dak was ready last year and Deshaun Watson was ready this year. What’s he lacking?

The Franchise 11-19-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227416)
As shitty as this may sound, I’d rather him get hurt in a game that he was suppose to start in, rather in a game where had no reason to be in. It’s not smart.

We should probably never play him then. Don’t want him to get hurt and ruin the future.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13227418)
Why is Mahomes not ready when Dak was ready last year and Deshaun Watson was ready this year. What’s he lacking?

A defensive team. Romo retired, they had no choice to start Dax.

lewdog 11-19-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13227414)
The NFL has changed. Just this year we've had Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Beathard, and now Peterman all start as rookie QBs.

All on teams who had other terrible QB choices. Alex isn't in the same category as those other QBs.

I by all means think Mahomes should be given a shot, but I don't see the Chiefs or Andy treating Alex that way. They still have way too much faith in him, but hopefully Andy will prove me wrong.

In58men 11-19-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13227420)
We should probably never play him then. Don’t want him to get hurt and ruin the future.

Don’t be dumb, of course you play him next season. No reason to start him now. He’ll be running for his life.

FlaChief58 11-19-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13227411)
Of course he can blow it next year, that’s very true. Why risk it now when this team is in the shitter?

Because getting snaps in real games is important to his development. You don't worry about injuries until they happen.

Before you burned down your appt, were you thinking; I might burn down my house or, I can't wait to eat this delicious meat? Same thing

Chiefnj2 11-19-2017 06:44 PM

Let him take his lumps this year. You can speed up the teams development playing him now.