ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What's Your Super Bowl Plan? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328332)

CaliforniaChief 01-19-2020 10:40 PM

What's Your Super Bowl Plan?

They did it! They made the big game. So I'm curious to know what (if any) plans you have for the game.

Are you staying at home? Chiefs bar? Miami?

Who's invited over? Just family/friends?

What's on the menu?

I'll likely be watching at home just with my immediate family, and I think I'm having Joe's shipped out to enjoy. Curious to hear other ideas though!

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2020 10:41 PM

I bought tix on Friday and headed to Miami... Life long dream

petegz28 01-19-2020 10:41 PM

Watch the Chiefs win on tv....some place, somewhere

displacedinMN 01-20-2020 07:27 AM

Party at my house. My friends. They understand.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wheeler08 01-20-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 14738861)
They did it!

I'll likely be watching at home just with my immediate family, and I think I'm having Joe's shipped out to enjoy. Curious to hear other ideas though!

Being an out of town’er, I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never ate at Joe’s, and didn’t know I could have it shipped! The two times I’ve been to games at KC I was younger and just went to eat where ever my dad took me.
So I’m looking at shipping menu, and recommendations? I just smoked a marvelous turkey yesterday, so don’t care for more of that.

I read how to reheat the pork shoulder...how do you heat up the rest? Just warm it in oven?

Spott 01-20-2020 08:26 AM

Actually going to be in Phoenix that weekend because of a poorly timed vacation, so I’m going to have to find a good place to watch it there. I know there’s a big Chiefs contingent out there, so hopefully I can find a good place to watch the game there.

KC_Lee 01-20-2020 08:30 AM

Going to fly to KC and watch the game with my father. I was only a few month old the last time KC was in the Super Bowl. Very happy I get to watch another Super Bowl with KC in it again.

Nzoner 01-20-2020 08:32 AM

I hope to be hosting a CP Mini Bash Weekend.

MVChiefFan 01-20-2020 08:33 AM

Going back home to watch it with my dad. He said when I was two I would sit on his lap and literally watch an entire Chiefs game. Obviously it’s been our dream for the Chiefs to win a Super Bowl, so I wouldn’t miss this opportunity for the world.

TwistedChief 01-20-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14738864)
I bought tix on Friday and headed to Miami... Life long dream

You are a bold man. Two seasons in a row buying SB tickets before the Chiefs make it!

F150 01-20-2020 08:47 AM

Home with same people we had yesterday. Will change menu. All sit in same seats. And Ill wear my lucky socks.

stevieray 01-20-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14739493)
You are a bold man. Two seasons in a row buying SB tickets before the Chiefs make it!

I'll tell what is bold...^this guy^ right here predicted we'd be in the AFCCG again!!!!LAST year....the night before we played the Pats!

:rockon:

Why Not? 01-20-2020 09:05 AM

Going to the AFC Championship and seeing us win it at home was the big one for me. I’ll be at a friend’s house with my family and a few others.

Rasputin 01-20-2020 09:09 AM

I'm going Bbq ribs and watch it with my kids and if friends come over is fine

I'm taking the week off because I want to go to the parade and I don't know what day that would be but I would think Wednesday or Thursday?

I missed going to the parade for the Royals but going to that would be a life time experience.

mlyonsd 01-20-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 14739489)
Going to fly to KC and watch the game with my father. I was only a few month old the last time KC was in the Super Bowl. Very happy I get to watch another Super Bowl with KC in it again.

Pretty cool.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 09:12 AM

I’ll watch with family and keep a close eye on CP, ready to hopefully celebrate with you all.

I’m not the type to shit on casual fans for getting excited about this — I love that the Chiefs are getting so much support in MO. But this is where I go to have discussion with fellow diehards for the most part. People I know have been through thick and thin. So I’ll definitely be posting during the game some.

Buehler445 01-20-2020 09:13 AM

I might try to watch it by myself. If the Chiefs lose I may not be fit for public exposure.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01-20-2020 09:44 AM

I’ll be at home, listening to the game on the radio.

As I mentioned to a friend on Twitter yesterday, I’m 13-0 listening to Mitch and 2-4 watching the games on TV.

I’ll take one for the team and watch the victory replay later.

TinyEvel 01-20-2020 09:47 AM

My wife was encouraging me last night to try to go to the game. But I don't think I'd want to spend the time and $$$$ versus how I can see the game at home. Just for some reason not into trying to go there.

Thinking about hosting a SB party but then, too I'd be into grilling and making sure everyone has a good time and not the game.

Small watch party or Chiefs bar in SF for me.

OR maybe there's a good watch party in KC. I would potentially fly into town for that. Hmmm.

Easy 6 01-20-2020 09:49 AM

No plan yet, but Ive already secured the following Monday off... so it’s anything goes

Burning that bitch at both ends Sunday... CANT WAIT

bowener 01-20-2020 09:53 AM

I'm going to be up in Banff, AB, Canada, so if anyone knows of a good bar to watch from it would be greatly appreciated.

cdcox 01-20-2020 09:57 AM

Watch at home like usual. I will simplify the menu so there won't be distractions from the game.

Boise_Chief 01-20-2020 10:30 AM

Big party here. Full tailgate in the front yard to piss off my raider neighbor. Food 2 hrs. before the game. Snacks during and for halftime. Many drinks throughout.

CaliforniaChief 01-20-2020 10:39 AM

I love reading about family coming together, watching it with your dad. That's amazing. It's gonna be so much fun.

Mr. Plow 01-20-2020 11:58 AM

Watch at home with all my family & friends.

The Franchise 01-20-2020 12:06 PM

At home with some close family. Nothing big. It’s going to be brutal.

Mahomes_Is_God 01-20-2020 12:08 PM

Fish fry!

Coach 01-20-2020 12:14 PM

Likely will have it with family, since my birthday is on the 5th of Feb and my brothers is on the 3rd of Feb.

SECNation 01-20-2020 12:21 PM

Good luck, Guys!

I hope the Chiefs win

Shiver Me Timbers 01-20-2020 12:42 PM

I would love to go to Miami but I am not paying 5k each for nose bleed tickets.
The box seats are currently selling for 35k
Can someone tell me what actual face value is?

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-20-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14739493)

I was going to wait but I found some that I thought were too good to pass up and I could resale if I needed to and be OK...

Bucket list item ready to be checked!

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-20-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 14740061)
I would love to go to Miami but I am not paying 5k each for nose bleed tickets.
The box seats are currently selling for 35k
Can someone tell me what actual face value is?

I believe they are $1500 to $3500 face value...

The get in price around 7 days out is usually about $3500, although Hard Rock is a small venue and it may be more this year.

64 Chief 01-20-2020 01:08 PM

Called my credit card company for approval to buy 3 tickets 7 rows from the field. Been a Chiefs fan for 56 years and proud to be indebted for the Chiefs.

Mr. Plow 01-20-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64 Chief (Post 14740144)
Called my credit card company for approval to buy 3 tickets 7 rows from the field. Been a Chiefs fan for 56 years and proud to be indebted for the Chiefs.

I can only assume that one of those is for me. :D

SuperBowl4 01-20-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

I love the way the rich live

TLO 01-20-2020 01:23 PM

Sitting in the same spot, wearing the same clothes, drinking the same beverage as I was yesterday.

ChiTown 01-20-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/yCAoG...b&rid=200.webp

Marcellus 01-20-2020 02:27 PM

We have a big SB party every year and I was trying to figure out how to navigate it so that my watching experience doesn't get completely blown. Typically there are a bunch of women talking their heads off the whole time and not watching the game etc...Sexist I know but it's the truth.

Going to put a big TV in our kitchen where the causal fans and non fans can eat and watch commercials etc...and leave the real game watching in the living room on the main TV.

If it gets too bad in the house I'll go out to the garage, been looking for a reason to upgrade to a larger TV out there anyway so think I'll put a 50" out there in the next week. :p

My garage is kind of man cave anyay.

RocKhawks 01-20-2020 02:54 PM

Contemplating flying down. I can't justify paying 5 grand plus for tickets. I would totally love tailgating and finding some Chiefs fans to watch the game with there. Hoping my wife's boss might have some connections to get me and the wife into the game. If not, going to my parents party barn and have a bunch of non chiefs fans over who WILL root for the Chiefs lol

kysirsoze 01-20-2020 03:00 PM

Flying to KC to watch with family. Gonna stay through Wednesday.... just in case...

DJay23 01-20-2020 03:00 PM

I usually go to Super Bowl parties with friends. I will not this year. I will be watching with my dad in his basement the way we watch every Chiefs game. Because I know that in there he and I can focus on and talk about the game and we won't have to listen to disinterested people have boring conversations about ****ing commercials or halftime performances, or ooh can I have the recipe to this taco dip?

The other side of it is, I know that if things aren't going well and some loud mouth antagonizer decides to rile me up that I would have a hard time controlling my anger at that person. And that wouldn't be cool.

dirk digler 01-20-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 14740450)
I usually go to Super Bowl parties with friends. I will not this year. I will be watching with my dad in his basement the way we watch every Chiefs game. Because I know that in there he and I can focus on and talk about the game and we won't have to listen to disinterested people have boring conversations about ****ing commercials or halftime performances, or ooh can I have the recipe to this taco dip?

The other side of it is, I know that if things aren't going well and some loud mouth antagonizer decides to rile me up that I would have a hard time controlling my anger at that person. And that wouldn't be cool.

Pretty much how I feel and what I am going to do. I wish my dad was around for this. He died 2 years ago and was a big time Chief fan and would have loved to watch Mahomes. So I am going to watch the game by myself like I have all through the playoffs so not going to change now.

EPodolak 01-20-2020 03:51 PM

Something like the last SB appearance, except no jiggling the antenna on the Curtis Mathes.

J Diddy 01-20-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 14740567)
Something like the last SB appearance, except no jiggling the antenna on the Curtis Mathes.

Lmao, I wasn’t alive then, but as the youngest child in the 70s it was my job to contort myself like an acrobat to find the sweet nectar of the perfect signal.

Bearcat 01-20-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 14740450)
listen to disinterested people have boring conversations about ****ing commercials or halftime performances, or ooh can I have the recipe to this taco dip?

Heh, that was basically my experience with the Chiefs/Texans, which was one reason I knew I had to buy tickets to the AFCCG again.

Hoping the Super Bowl get together will provide more excitement.

Hell, if not watching live or with other people who give a shit, I'd rather watch alone before watching with an unintended party of people.

MahiMike 01-20-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14740375)

My garage is kind of man cave anyay.

I turned my garage into a man cave this year. I think it's why we made it to the superbowl but not sure. Had a fantastic party in there yesterday!

wutamess 01-20-2020 07:27 PM

Flying to Miami Friday, Going to the Super Bowl Ultimate fan experience Saturday, going to the game in Miami Gardens on Sunday & spreading some of my fathers ashes in the stadium during the game. Get shit faced afterwards amongst other boisterous Chiefs fans on South Beach. Fly back on Monday and brave the cold with the 2+million Chiefs fans during Tuesdays parade.

FlaChief58 01-20-2020 07:33 PM

I hosted a watch party yesterday, which was a lot of fun. I think im going to watch the Superbowl by myself though. I want to savor that day without being distracted by endless banter like i was yesterday.

Marcellus 01-20-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 14741095)
Flying to Miami Friday, Going to the Super Bowl Ultimate fan experience Saturday, going to the game in Miami Gardens on Sunday & spreading some of my fathers ashes in the stadium during the game. Get shit faced afterwards amongst other boisterous Chiefs fans on South Beach. Fly back on Monday and brave the cold with the 2+million Chiefs fans during Tuesdays parade.

Thats a badass plan all the way around. :thumb:

FLHomer 01-20-2020 07:45 PM

The wife and I talked about going but prices just too high for me. So going to stay home and watch it with her and the kids. I want to take it all in, watch all pregame shows etc. going to smoke some ribs and eat and drink all day. CANNOT WAIT!

RedSea90 01-20-2020 07:46 PM

I wish I had the money for that. However I ended up booking my hotel before the postseason for the victory parade. So my father and I will be there on Monday the 3rd if we win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 6 01-20-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 14741095)

Whoa, epic tales abound around here lately... be sure to report back to HQ :thumb:

jimidollar 01-20-2020 07:56 PM

Maybe go out in Austin to watch the game.

Luke42_02 01-20-2020 07:57 PM

I’m a season ticket holder but didn’t get drawn for tickets. Did anyone get tickets that way? Can’t be better than one in a thousand odds can it? None of the other season ticket holders I know were offered any either. I wish I had, but...

WE’RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!

BWillie 01-20-2020 08:14 PM

Outside at Power and Light if its above 25 degrees

Titty Meat 01-20-2020 08:32 PM

Watching the game at home going out partying if we win

jjchieffan 01-20-2020 08:40 PM

Has anyone heard anything about a Chiefs watch party at Arrowhead? I think that I would try to get to that.

Inspector 01-20-2020 08:48 PM

I plan on celebrating the victory right after the 4th quarter.

And drinking. Don't forget the drinking.

Inspector 01-20-2020 08:50 PM

Anyone going to the airport to welcome them back after they win?

Shag 01-21-2020 12:26 AM

I'm going to be in Fiji with my Niners-fan gf. A house divided in the South Pacific...

Nickhead 01-21-2020 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14739580)
I might try to watch it by myself. If the Chiefs lose I may not be fit for public exposure.

it matters not the outcome, i will cry either way. but i have an image to uphold :D

i will be watching by myself.

(i would have friends/family over but, game time here is monday, 10:30am. everyone has to work. i took the day off.)

P.P.S: i can't recall the last time my first beer would have been before 11am.

MMXcalibur 01-21-2020 01:44 AM

Me and the family are watching the game over at my parents' house.
Nobody else I'd rather watch it with as my mom knows the 27-year pain I've been through waiting to see this moment.

All those going to the game: you have amassed a sizeable amount of income. Enjoy!

bdj23 01-21-2020 05:32 AM

Been to the last two games, so I'm kinda excited to watch one at home. Friends that I went to the AFC championship game with are having a party. I've got an international trip coming up in a few months so I can't spare any more vacation time or money.

KCUnited 01-21-2020 06:45 AM

Watching around other people, sans being at the actual game of course, has always read better on paper than the actual experience for me. Plus, I'm not sure if it's being out of market or what but the Chiefs fans I know here seem more concerned with out Chief Fan-ing one another with their latest Chiefs gear or hot Twitter takes than actually being in tune with the team and watching the game.

Wife and I plan to watch in solitude with our phones off then roll into KC to celebrate with yall.

mlyonsd 01-21-2020 08:12 AM

I'll definitely be listening to the radio while watching so I don't have to listen to Buck and Aikman.