ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332739)

tk13 07-31-2020 08:08 AM

St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID

More postponements.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jonheyman</a> report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1289199060138758144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca 07-31-2020 08:13 AM

Are they even going to be able to finish this season?

tk13 07-31-2020 08:15 AM

I honestly don't know. We have three games postponed tonight now due to COVID.

And that doesn't even include that St. Louis just came from Minnesota, and the Twins are now in Cleveland. Probably going to have to keep an eye on the Twins and Indians now.

backinblack 07-31-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094267)

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...658/image0.gif

tk13 07-31-2020 08:20 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> are remaining in their hotel room, have no plans going to ballpark today. They have been instructed into self-isolation, per source. Confirms <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JonHeyman</a> report <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Brewers</a> game vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stlcards?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#stlcards</a> ppd got today. News soon <a href="https://twitter.com/stltoday?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@stltoday</a></p>&mdash; Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) <a href="https://twitter.com/dgoold/status/1289198462110535686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tk13 07-31-2020 08:22 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, per source, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> for now have been told that, if the rest of the team tests negative (and I haven’t yet been told how many positives they had), the series with the Brewers will start on Saturday.</p>&mdash; Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) <a href="https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/1289203974336200706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 07-31-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094267)

No.

If MLB's plan was "shut down any team that has a positive" than they shouldn't have even started the season back up.

Players were getting this during lock-downs. Players were getting this before the season opened. Players are GOING to get this because MLB didn't attempt to isolate them outside of the ballparks.

Players getting COVID was inevitable and if they simply planned on locking down any team that had a positive test, they shouldn't have bothered. And that goes for every single one of these major sports.

Accept occasional cases as an inevitability or don't bother. This is ridiculous.

jd1020 07-31-2020 08:24 AM

Wonder how many tested positive. Been a handful of teams have 1 or 2 guys have to sit out for symptoms/positive tests but didn't have to postpone their games. Have to imagine a decent number tested positive here.

This season is just a disaster. Half the league going to be looking at doing 2 weeks worth of those 7 inning double headers if they want to actually finish the season at this rate.

jd1020 07-31-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15094288)
No.

If MLB's plan was "shut down any team that has a positive" than they shouldn't have even started the season back up.

Players were getting this during lock-downs. Players were getting this before the season opened. Players are GOING to get this because MLB didn't attempt to isolate them outside of the ballparks.

Players getting COVID was inevitable and if they simply planned on locking down any team that had a positive test, they shouldn't have bothered. And that goes for every single one of these major sports.

Accept occasional cases as an inevitability or don't bother. This is ridiculous.

I'm just curious how so many cases just pop up at once to shut a team down. What exactly are they doing together outside of the games? When Bundesliga came back they didnt even practice as a full team and I feel like if any sport can manage doing that it's baseball.

Mecca 07-31-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15094298)
I'm just curious how so many cases just pop up at once to shut a team down. What exactly are they doing together outside of the games? When Bundesliga came back they didnt even practice as a full team and I feel like if any sport can manage doing that it's baseball.

Coke addled hooker filled orgies.

wazu 07-31-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094300)
Coke addled hooker filled orgies.

Teams need to carry a few “bubble” hookers.

OnTheWarpath15 07-31-2020 08:34 AM

Rumor has it these idiots were at Whistling Straits yesterday on their off day instead of at the hotel...

Mecca 07-31-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 15094308)
Rumor has it these idiots were at Whistling Straits yesterday on their off day instead of at the hotel...

Considering how idiotic the vast majority of the population is about this entire thing, why would athletes be any different?

Mecca 07-31-2020 08:40 AM

https://i.redd.it/hzmbnw7x67e51.jpg

C3HIEF3S 07-31-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

It’s not a rumor. Dexter Fowler’s Instagram story was taken at Whistling Straits.

Marcellus 07-31-2020 08:51 AM

Well the Cards bats apparently have AIDS so this isn't a surprise.

Marcellus 07-31-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Interesting though it would have nothing to do with positive test results today.

You guys are seriously bitching about the players being outside on a ****ing golf course? :facepalm:

dj56dt58 07-31-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15094335)
Interesting though it would have nothing to do with positive test results today.

You guys are seriously bitching about the players being outside on a ****ing golf course? :facepalm:

We're all supposed to stay home with our heads up our asses

displacedinMN 07-31-2020 08:59 AM

This makes football less likely?

Marcellus 07-31-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 15094342)
We're all supposed to stay home with our heads up our asses

Obviously, and for certain the main complainers arent staying in their own houses.

Mecca 07-31-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15094345)

The more we see these team outbreaks the more likely it is baseball will give up and if that fails the odds of other sports happening becomes far less. Baseball being the key because they aren't doing the bubble, make all the jokes about face diapers and hoaxes, the more this happens the more likely we lose a year of Mahomes.

tk13 07-31-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

I don't know about less likely but they certainly need to be thinking about their plans. Their advantage is it's only one game a week, but teams are going to be dragging twice as many guys around the country and like MLB there's no bubble.

wazu 07-31-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094353)
The more we see these team outbreaks the more likely it is baseball will give up and if that fails the odds of other sports happening becomes far less. Baseball being the key because they aren't doing the bubble, make all the jokes about face diapers and hoaxes, the more this happens the more likely we lose a year of Mahomes.

Stop being such a negative Nancy.

Mecca 07-31-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15094360)
Stop being such a negative Nancy.

Reality of situations is hard I guess, the more the MLB fails at this the worse it is for the NFL trying to do it.

Hoover 07-31-2020 09:15 AM

I really think the problem with baseball is all the travel.

Fights, buses, hotels...

Franky the golf course is the least of my concerns.

I thought I read that NFL teams were going to fly to and back from road games on the same day. Anyone know if that's true?

BossChief 07-31-2020 09:20 AM

You know how to make players take it seriously?

Your team forfeits the game if your team has a positive test. In most cases, this is a responsibility to the team issue.

tk13 07-31-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15094377)
I really think the problem with baseball is all the travel.

Fights, buses, hotels...

Franky the golf course is the least of my concerns.

I thought I read that NFL teams were going to fly to and back from road games on the same day. Anyone know if that's true?

It's probably a good idea. The biggest issue is if a team on the east coast has to play in LA or Seattle, you're talking hours of flying then jumping off a plane and playing a game. Going to be tough. They might have to change the schedule around a bit to make that idea work.

Hoover 07-31-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094366)
Reality of situations is hard I guess, the more the MLB fails at this the worse it is for the NFL trying to do it.

While, true, I also think it can help them.

Baseball teams can be in multiple cities every week. The Cubs and Reds sat around a club house for 8 hrs yesterday waiting out weather. Not smart.

I really think baseball needed to do regional bubbles or something. I know that's really difficult, but all this travel is going to undermine MLB.

Marcellus 07-31-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15094382)
You know how to make players take it seriously?

Your team forfeits the game if your team has a positive test. In most cases, this is a responsibility to the team issue.

You know this based off of what?

BossChief 07-31-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15094386)
You know this based off of what?

The players choices on teams with multiple covid positive tests.

O.city 07-31-2020 09:37 AM

Football will only have to travel 8 times

It doesn’t compare to baseball

Mecca 07-31-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094412)
Football will only have to travel 8 times

It doesn’t compare to baseball

But there's more of them in closer contact.

Skyy God 07-31-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094413)

The sideline exposure can be mitigated somewhat.

The direct, lineman on lineman, WR on DB contact, no way.

Skyy God 07-31-2020 09:45 AM

Over/under on whether Belicheck knowingly allows a defender/player to play with COVID to infect the other team??

staylor26 07-31-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

There’s also more time in between games, but don’t let that get in the way of your agenda.

O.city 07-31-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

And they’re outside in well ventilated areas.

tyecopeland 07-31-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15094353)

Hes better than brady so hes going to play until hes 50 anyway. I think we'll be okay. And everyone would get a year of rest so I doubt it would cut a year off many players careers regardless. Maybe brady would have to actually retire though.

O.city 07-31-2020 09:47 AM

Based on what I’ve seen there hasn’t been a case of spread happening outside in well ventilated areas

You know like a stadium ?

ChiliConCarnage 07-31-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

No.

Clearly that wasn't their plan as the Marlins had positive tests and played another game. An 18th Marlin player tested positive today. The players are pushing herd immunity! Not sure about the coaches and others that travel with the team. 2 coaches had it that day of the initial shutdown

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 09:50 AM

We will soon see if the bubble approach will work better with the NBA and the NHL.

If it does, the NFL could go with that approach. The chance of having fans in the stands is looking less likely. Have the teams play in a couple of places. There are many places in the US that have multiple places for teams to trian and practice in the area around an NFL stadium.

jd1020 07-31-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15094430)
We will soon see if the bubble approach will work better with the NBA and the NHL.

If it does, the NFL could go with that approach.

Didn't the NFL players already say no?

ptlyon 07-31-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094426)
Based on what I’ve seen there hasn’t been a case of spread happening outside in well ventilated areas

You know like a stadium ?

More likely cause is infected hotel rooms

BWillie 07-31-2020 09:55 AM

Cmon NFL....institute a bubble. and do it now.

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 15094322)
It’s not a rumor. Dexter Fowler’s Instagram story was taken at Whistling Straits.

Yeah, I think he has deleted the post but once posted to the internet, it lives forever.

O.city 07-31-2020 09:57 AM

The nfl can’t do a bubble. Too many moving parts

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15094432)
Didn't the NFL players already say no?

If baseball fails with this approach and the NHL,NBA succeed. they will need to reevaluate that position if they want to have a season.

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094446)

Come on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.

Deberg_1990 07-31-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15094454)
Come on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.

It would have to be a shortened season of some sort. Having a bubble for 4-5 months with a week between games is a lot to ask of these guys.

Mecca 07-31-2020 10:17 AM

NBA and NHL can do it because it's just playoffs, for season play a lot of guys would opt out because being gone from family for 5-6 months isn't an option for them.

KC_Connection 07-31-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

No.

I figured that's what they were going to do after playing the Nationals/Yankees game after Soto's positive test. It seems the Marlins situation scared them so much that any positive test is going to lead to at least a series worth of cancelled games. The Jays aren't playing the entire weekend now because one of the Phillies coaches has it. They've put themselves in a corner now and they'll never finish the season that way.

Mephistopheles Janx 07-31-2020 10:27 AM

Grown ass men can't keep enough social distancing, wash hands, and whatever else to the point that the teams playing are suspended.

But school... school should open right up. :thumb:

O.city 07-31-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15094454)

Yeah they can’t. Guys aren’t gonna bubble for 6-7 months

They’re gonna have to be personally responsible when they’re out of the complex

BWillie 07-31-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094446)

The NFL can do whatever it wants if it wants to. All it takes is commitment from the players. It would be at a larger costs than other leagues, but the NFL TV contracts also dwarf other sports too.

O.city 07-31-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15094573)
The NFL can do whatever it wants if it wants to. All it takes is commitment from the players. It would be at a larger costs than other leagues, but the NFL TV contracts also dwarf other sports too.

Players aren’t gonna do it.

Plus the amount of people it would take to be in that bubble to make it work just isn’t possible

BWillie 07-31-2020 10:56 AM

As expected, no Phillies players tested positive but staffers who mingled with Marlins staffers did get it.

Playing the game is not what is doing this. I keep seeing guys in the dug out sitting by each other without masks on and that is in plain daylight. I know it's a team game, but have places to sit, plexi glass between them, and no locker rooms for all the players. Travel separately.

If that's what it takes, thats what it takes. It's really not that hard, but we are social species.

BWillie 07-31-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094577)
Players aren’t gonna do it.

Plus the amount of people it would take to be in that bubble to make it work just isn’t possible

You pay me 500K+ a year, I'd do just about anything. It'd be a plus for me if I didn't have to see my family for 5 months and they COULD still see their family if implemented correctly. They could come in for visits as long as they quarantine correctly.

Eleazar 07-31-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15094580)
As expected, no Phillies players tested positive but staffers who mingled with Marlins staffers did get it.

Playing the game is not what is doing this. I keep seeing guys in the dug out sitting by each other without masks on and that is in plain daylight. I know it's a team game, but have places to sit, plexi glass between them, and no locker rooms for all the players. Travel separately.

If that's what it takes, thats what it takes. It's really not that hard, but we are social species.

So the NFL players are going to sit in little plexiglass phone booths on the sidelines... and then go into the game and block and tackle each other?

ChiefsCountry 07-31-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

I have on good authority no football will be played in St. Louis this year.

DaFace 07-31-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15094580)

They're literally in an empty baseball stadium. Why can't they just spread out in the stands?

The Chiefs video about their preparations makes it very clear how half-assed the MLB is doing all of this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lqQfVR-qKAQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup 07-31-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094423)
And they’re outside in well ventilated areas.

Both sports have domes and outdoor stadiums.

Chief Roundup 07-31-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15094422)
There’s also more time in between games, but don’t let that get in the way of your agenda.

A belief/feeling is an agenda?

Chief Roundup 07-31-2020 11:33 AM

Come on guys
There are differences between MLB and the NFL. Some of those differences are advantageous and others are disadvantageous.
There are reasons to believe that there will be some sort of an NFL season.
There are reasons to believe that there will not be any sort of an NFL season.
There is one thing that we all hope though. That hope is that there will be an NFL season.

staylor26 07-31-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15094653)
A belief/feeling is an agenda?

No, that’s not what I said. Mecca clearly has an agenda.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2020 11:36 AM

Pablo just sent a load to the moon

luv 07-31-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15094620)
They're literally in an empty baseball stadium. Why can't they just spread out in the stands?

The Chiefs video about their preparations makes it very clear how half-assed the MLB is doing all of this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lqQfVR-qKAQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If every NFL teams prepares like we do, then I have a little more hope for the season.

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094524)
Yeah they can’t. Guys aren’t gonna bubble for 6-7 months

They’re gonna have to be personally responsible when they’re out of the complex

My whole career is doing shit that initially people said it can’t be done, it’s too hard, we don’t have the time or resources etc.etc. Think outside the box. Be flexible. And get er done. If the NFL wants it to happen, I’m sure they can pull it off.

Chief Roundup 07-31-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15094661)
No, that’s not what I said. Mecca clearly has an agenda.

What agenda would that be?
It seems to me that he just thinks there will not be an NFL season. :shrug:

O.city 07-31-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15094843)
My whole career is doing shit that initially people said it can’t be done, it’s too hard, we don’t have the time or resources etc.etc. Think outside the box. Be flexible. And get er done. If the NFL wants it to happen, I’m sure they can pull it off.

They’re basically doing it though without the whole bubble thing. Players are going home and to the facility where they’re gonna test the crap out of them for Covid.

Biggest issue will be having leadership basically tell them you’ve gotta bubble yourself when away from the facility. I’m sure the teams have people who can go to the store for you and that kind of stuff.

The families will be the hardest part.

But the nfl can’t do the nba bubble. How would they have a place big enough for the whole league and film crews and officials and everything? I don’t see how it could work

Officials in the nfl have jobs other than football. I’m curious how they’re gonna figure that out

Coach 07-31-2020 01:46 PM

And in other news...

17 cardboard cutouts of fans have tested positive for COVID-19.

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15094890)
They’re basically doing it though without the whole bubble thing. Players are going home and to the facility where they’re gonna test the crap out of them for Covid.

Biggest issue will be having leadership basically tell them you’ve gotta bubble yourself when away from the facility. I’m sure the teams have people who can go to the store for you and that kind of stuff.

The families will be the hardest part.

But the nfl can’t do the nba bubble. How would they have a place big enough for the whole league and film crews and officials and everything? I don’t see how it could work

Officials in the nfl have jobs other than football. I’m curious how they’re gonna figure that out

I’d bet that >75% of posters on here have to on an everyday basis at their jobs, figure out a unique solution to a problem at work. They don’t throw up their hands and say sorry, it can’t be done when it can’t be accomplished by the standard process.

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 15094924)
And in other news...

17 cardboard cutouts of fans have tested positive for COVID-19.

Man this shit is spreading fast.

Marcellus 07-31-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15094927)
I’d bet that >75% of posters on here have to on an everyday basis at their jobs, figure out a unique solution to a problem at work. They don’t throw up their hands and say sorry, it can’t be done when it can’t be accomplished by the standard process.

We have almost 800 employees and have been operating 24/7 since all this shit started. We have had a total of around 30 positive cases with employees since March, not including family members of employees which would likely add another 30-50.

We are down to 1 active unresolved case as of this morning with 2 people waiting precautionary test results that will likely be negative.

We have never shut down through it all and are using masks and social distancing etc...for mitigation.

Play ****ing baseball, and football for that matter.

BWillie 07-31-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 15094599)
So the NFL players are going to sit in little plexiglass phone booths on the sidelines... and then go into the game and block and tackle each other?

Precisely. Repeated elongated exposure from close proximity is worse than quick exposure. I would imagine OL would be most at risk at contracting it from others during the game, but the most common way it will be transmitted is between teammates not vs the other team.

Either way, if they don't do it in a bubble it won't work.

They don't even need to wear masks in the NBA bubble, even though many do.

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15094963)
We have almost 800 employees and have been operating 24/7 since all this shit started. We have had a total of around 30 positive cases with employees since March, not including family members of employees which would likely add another 30-50.

We are down to 1 active unresolved case as of this morning with 2 people waiting precautionary test results that will likely be negative.

We have never shut down through it all and are using masks and social distancing etc...for mitigation.

Play ****ing baseball, and football for that matter.

There ya go. Wheres there's a will, there's a way. Since when did we become a country of thats not the standard process, we cant do that. OHHHH its too hard to figure out, lets don't do that. What a load of crap.

dirk digler 07-31-2020 03:26 PM

Sounds like the Commish could pull the plug on Monday if things don't improve.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...l_twitter_abcn

Chiefspants 07-31-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15095108)
Sounds like the Commish could pull the plug on Monday if things don't improve.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...l_twitter_abcn

If that happens, there is no reasonable excuse for Manfred to keep his job after this.

Bearcat 07-31-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15094988)
There ya go. Wheres there's a will, there's a way. Since when did we become a country of thats not the standard process, we cant do that. OHHHH its too hard to figure out, lets don't do that. What a load of crap.

I can agree with that in some ways, but in this situation? Every sports league has been working on their 'new normal' for months and they're all giving it a go. :shrug:

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 04:08 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, per source, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> for now have been told that, if the rest of the team tests negative (and I haven’t yet been told how many positives they had), the series with the Brewers will start on Saturday.</p>&mdash; Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) <a href="https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/1289203974336200706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief 07-31-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15095141)
I can agree with that in some ways, but in this situation? Every sports league has been working on their 'new normal' for months and they're all giving it a go. :shrug:

The NFL have spent their time and effort trying to play a season the standard way. That's the flaw.

Moving training camp to the teams practice fields. Canceling meaningless pre-season games are not sacrifices that are going to result in playing a whole season.

They could go play 4 games in a bubble. Give the team 2 weeks off. Go play another 4 games, two weeks off etc. extend the season. That’s just off the top of my head.

KC_Connection 07-31-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15095163)

Why do the Cardinals get to play on Saturday but the Jays/Phillies can't play for the entire weekend because a Phillies coach got it two days ago?

Who is making these decisions?