ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV USA: Mr. Robot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293116)

keg in kc 06-25-2015 07:40 PM

USA: Mr. Robot

Premiered on Wednesday. Apparently the pilot's been online for a month, has all kind of critical acclaim, to the point that they gave it a second season before the pilot even aired. All I can say is go watch it if you haven't. It's pretty badass.

Full ep at the link or on demand
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/vi...hellofriendmov

aturnis 06-25-2015 07:51 PM

I watched the pilot a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good.

unlurking 06-25-2015 09:15 PM

Haven't seen it yet, but the only review I've read was not that glowing.

http://arstechnica.com/the-multivers...he-mainstream/

Will give it a shot though.

Chieficus 06-26-2015 06:58 AM

It was a solid premiere...

Spoiler!

Solid enough that I added it to my DVR :)

BWillie 07-02-2015 02:15 PM

Like this show quite a bit so far. Refreshing to see a main character of a show suffer from either mental illness social anxiety or ASD (maybe both?). Elliot has many layers, and oddly likable. So often people like this are portrayed in real life as creeps or most likely to shoot up a school or place of business, but that almost always isn't the case. Seems like Elliot wants to do good, maybe he has a another persona like Fight Club that he's not aware about that has a dark side. He seems torn with which way to go. Could get interesting.

aturnis 07-02-2015 03:20 PM

Just watched episode 2. Really liking this show so far.

Also, I agree with BWillie.

keg in kc 07-02-2015 06:13 PM

Yeah, ep 2 was good.

I really like the artistic direction of the show. It feels like a throwback to a movie from the 80s. Somehow.

Or maybe like it's some kind of bastard love child of, like, hackers and brazil.

Chieficus 07-02-2015 06:27 PM

Yeah, the show certainly has my attention. It's darkly fun with that hero/anti-hero tension in Elliott.

Tribal Warfare 07-02-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11578521)
Yeah, ep 2 was good.

I really like the artistic direction of the show. It feels like a throwback to a movie from the 80s. Somehow.

Or maybe like it's some kind of bastard love child of, like, hackers and brazil.

The score soundtrack sounds like something that came out of the Tron franchise

aturnis 07-02-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11578521)
Yeah, ep 2 was good.

...and Christen Slayer.

Lex Luthor 07-10-2015 10:38 PM

For the most part I like this show. At the risk of sounding like Prison Bitch, I do have to ask one question: Was the gay sex butt**** scene really necessary?

I'm pretty open minded and I am a strong supporter of gay marriage, but I don't want to watch two dudes butt ****ing. It ruined the episode for me and made me question whether or not I even want to keep watching the show.

aturnis 07-11-2015 12:07 PM

That's weird. I would agree that the overall episode was weak, but it wasn't the butt sects that did it.

I also think that scene was to show just how much of an American psycho type sociopath Elliott is dealing with.

Possibly/probably killing a bum with zero remorse b/c he had a bad day.

So incredibly concerned with achieving success he'll have sex with a dude when, as far as we can tell, he's not gay. I really don't think you'll have to get used to seeing it bud.

I also feel like we might have a "Fight Club" Tyler Durden situation on our hands with Elliott.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-12-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11592831)
That's weird. I would agree that the overall episode was weak, but it wasn't the butt sects that did it.

I also think that scene was to show just how much of an American psycho type sociopath Elliott is dealing with.

Possibly/probably killing a bum with zero remorse b/c he had a bad day.

So incredibly concerned with achieving success he'll have sex with a dude when, as far as we can tell, he's not gay. I really don't think you'll have to get used to seeing it bud.

I also feel like we might have a "Fight Club" Tyler Durden situation on our hands with Elliott.

That's interesting, I hadn't thought about it but I think you might be on to something. Christian Slater isn't real.

listopencil 07-12-2015 08:08 PM

I just watched the first episode. I was entertained enough to continue watching. It did have a Dexter meets Fight Club feel to it. Has anyone in the show acknowledged Slater's existence other than the main character?

Tribal Warfare 07-12-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11595512)
I just watched the first episode. I was entertained enough to continue watching. It did have a Dexter meets Fight Club feel to it. Has anyone in the show acknowledged Slater's existence other than the main character?

the piss ants at the Arcade, but they could qualify as other dissociative personalities too outside of Marlene

mikeyis4dcats. 07-13-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11595512)

The thing that really makes me think that is his appearance at Allsafe. No way some random stranger gets in there to sit at Elliots desk.

BWillie 07-13-2015 05:51 PM

Maybe the twist is that Christian Slater IS real. lol IDFK

listopencil 07-13-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11595775)
the piss ants at the Arcade, but they could qualify as other dissociative personalities too outside of Marlene

I have only watched two episodes so I don't have a lot of scenes to go off of. Off the top of my head:

Ep 1.0 Slater knocks on the door to the secret meeting place and the guy only looks at Elliot when he opens the door. No other scene (that I recall) would naturally lead to Slater talking to anyone.

Ep 1.1 Slater verbally interacts with the crazy girl but he steps in front of Elliot to do it and she never changes her focus from Elliot's face, Slater then announces to no one in particular that he's going to go sit in the back.

These have the same feel as the transitions in Fight Club. And I like the idea that the rest of the club are Elliot's other personalities. Very nice.

listopencil 07-13-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11595996)
The thing that really makes me think that is his appearance at Allsafe. No way some random stranger gets in there to sit at Elliots desk.

The way he pops in and out in general implies to me that he's not real.

Tribal Warfare 07-14-2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11597775)
The way he pops in and out in general implies to me that he's not real.

Plus he never gives a straight answer in who he is, or how "they" can find him

Swanman 07-14-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11597772)

These have the same feel as the transitions in Fight Club. And I like the idea that the rest of the club are Elliot's other personalities. Very nice.

How does the drug dealer girl react when they find Marlene randomly in Elliott's apartment? If i remember right, I was expecting more of a holy shit response.

bishop_74 07-14-2015 08:28 AM

Slater is totally a voice in his head. No doubt in my mind.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-14-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11597904)
How does the drug dealer girl react when they find Marlene randomly in Elliott's apartment? If i remember right, I was expecting more of a holy shit response.

I think she said something like "Nice.....I'll leave you to it" or something, like she's real. But I may not recall right.

Tribal Warfare 07-15-2015 01:55 AM

I thought Wellick was a dissociative personality with the off the handle beating up a transient guy, and how he singled out Elliot. Then came the all-homo butt sex, and after that I knew he was a different character and not a personality of Elliot's.

Tribal Warfare 07-16-2015 04:02 AM

I'm calling it now, Christian Slater is the mental manifestation of Elliot's Father.

"You betrayed his trust" then pushes him off the bridge like his Father pushing him out the window. ( Then he apologized, and said his Dad probably didn't mean it either)

Then there's " I'll never leave you" comment in the motel when Elliot was going through withdrawals.

Elliot has always said the only person he could talk to was his Father.

jd1020 07-16-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11601727)
I'm calling it now, Christian Slater is the mental manifestation of Elliot's Father.

"You betrayed his trust" then pushes him off the bridge like his Father pushing him out the window. ( Then he apologized, and said his Dad probably didn't mean it either)

Then there's " I'll never leave you" comment in the motel when Elliot was going through withdrawals.

I cant figure out if he's real or not. Some times I think he's part of his imagination but then other times like at the drug house when the guy outside interacted with him makes me think he's real.

He also interacts with other members of the crew and then they are seen out on their own doing things by themselves.

EDIT: I take back the drug house thing because now that I think about it that shit never happened. He wakes up and was never shot.

Tribal Warfare 07-16-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11602136)
I cant figure out if he's real or not. Some times I think he's part of his imagination but then other times like at the drug house when the guy outside interacted with him makes me think he's real.

He also interacts with other members of the crew and then they are seen out on their own doing things by themselves.

EDIT: I take back the drug house thing because now that I think about it that shit never happened. He wakes up and was never shot.

That's like Tyler Durden talking to his crew while Ed Norton watched

jd1020 07-16-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11602196)
That's like Tyler Durden talking to his crew while Ed Norton watched

Been a long time since I watched Fight Club but I don't remember Durden carrying on a conversation with anyone but Norton. He made speeches but there wasn't return dialog, not that I recall at least.

Tribal Warfare 07-16-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11602229)
Been a long time since I watched Fight Club but I don't remember Durden carrying on a conversation with anyone but Norton. He made speeches but there wasn't return dialog, not that I recall at least.

The car scene, the Mall (selling soap), Helena Bonham Carter telling her to shut up after banging her.

But, yeah Slater is his Dad

beach tribe 07-16-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11602248)
The car scene, the Mall (selling soap), Helena Bonham Carter telling her to shut up after banging her.

He also takes that beating from lou. The owner of the bar who's basement they were using.
The store clerk who's license he keeps. And there are others.

Tribal Warfare 07-16-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11602275)
He also takes that beating from lou. The owner of the bar who's basement they were using.
The store clerk who's license he keeps. And there are others.

the porch recruits too

beach tribe 07-16-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 11592381)
For the most part I like this show. At the risk of sounding like Prison Bitch, I do have to ask one question: Was the gay sex butt**** scene really necessary?

I'm pretty open minded and I am a strong supporter of gay marriage, but I don't want to watch two dudes butt ****ing. It ruined the episode for me and made me question whether or not I even want to keep watching the show.

Same thing happened to me for Penny Dreadful. I don't get it. Why does hollywood think that every show now has to include gay people or straight people getting ass ****ed.. Nothing against them, but I have been all over the world, and there just isn't gay people in every crowd.

Actually, I'll tell you why. Hollywood Is full of gay People that like to ass ****.

beach tribe 07-16-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11602288)
the porch recruits too

Bathroom scene (rubber band on balls)

bowener 07-16-2015 05:06 PM

This show in incredible.

Tribal Warfare 07-17-2015 07:21 PM

'Mr. Robot' Stars on Elliot's "Demons," the "Destructive" Mr. Robot and What's Ahead

by Kate Stanhope

Christian Slater's first Comic-Con did not disappoint. After all, not everyone gets to meet Captain Kirk himself, William Shatner.

"That has been the crowning achievement so far," Slater told The Hollywood Reporter on Saturday in the midst of the four-day convention.

Despite his extensive list of credits, it's oddly fitting that Slater's most unexpected role to date is the one that finally got him to San Diego. "I wouldn't have wanted to come to Comic-Con for any other reason than to have someone like Mr. Robot to share," he said.

Days after wrapping the first season of the hacker drama – which was renewed in June hours ahead of it's official series premiere – Slater and co-star Rami Malek sat down with THR to discuss whether Elliot's big plan, Mr. Robot's "destructive" tendencies and life imitating art.
Quote:

It's such a unique project so what kind of reaction have you received?

Rami Malek: I think people have generally been taken aback. … How unique and how timely it is. Everything seems to be coalescing at the perfect time for this show. It's a lot of terrible things that are happening the world…

Christian Slater: But definitely it must be a subject that needs to be clearly addressed; a level of awareness needs to be brought to the dangers of this hacking issue. Look, you turn on the news and its everywhere. When we made the pilot, the Sony hack happened a couple weeks later. Just everyday you watch a story about it and it gets scarier and scarier.

Sam has a long-term plan for the show because he originally wanted it to be a movie. How much do you know of what's going to happen?

Malek: Starting out, I wanted to know everything. Then, as soon as we hit about episode three or four, I started to distance myself from all the information of the future. I just wanted to live in the moment as him and take things as they came; be as surprised as the character of Elliot or any human would be going through that same experience. What is surprising how something that was written a while ago or is an idea that he keeps expanding upon is mimicking reality so much. It's one of those shows where instead of ripping from the headlines, it seems like the things that are happening in a show end up being coming up in daily life.

Slater: We would do an episode and they'd be dealing with the Dark Army in China and then two weeks later, China hacks 4 million federal employees. I was like, "Oh my God."

We still don't know a lot about Mr. Robot. How much do you know about his backstory? How much will the audience learn about him over the course of the first season?

Slater: What's been fun for me is to play a mysterious character. [Creator] Sam Esmail has been leaving little trails and bread crumbs along the way. I can say that I love the arc of the character and I love what Sam has done with the character. You do learn about the character eventually. Because, of course, there are a lot of questions and in this first season, it's not like things are completely left hanging open.

What stood out to you specifically about the character when you were reading the script?

Slater: I thought as technical as this show is, it really is about characters and emotions and I got very curious about what this whole journey was going to look like and be like. I sat down with Sam in our first meeting and I asked him a few questions, and I was just thrilled. He gave me answers that I didn't expect and answers I hoped for.

Episode two ends with Mr. Robot pushing Elliot off the railing, which was such a jarring moment. But in episode three, you see them working together. How will Elliot change his approach to Mr. Robot now that he put him in the hospital?

Malek: There's a part of him that's thinking about the grander scheme. If there's a way to accomplish what he would like to see happen with society with him having real human connections, then he's going to have to fight through some demons and fight through guys like Mr. Robot to have an influence on the world he lives in. He's willing to make sacrifices.

Should Mr. Robot be feared?

Slater: There are elements of testing Elliot's willingness to come along and be apart of this organization. Certainly, Mr. Robot is an unpredictable and questionable character, without a doubt. You don't know exactly which direction he is particularly going to go in. Is he good? Is he bad? Mr. Robot's ideas would lead to a higher body count, certainly, and fortunately, Elliot is recruited into the organization to hopefully provide a bit of a counterbalance.

A big part of episode three was Elliot learning that Evil Corp was involved in his father's death. How does that impact him going forward?

Malek: It's something that Elliot always feared and knew in the back of his head might exist. He's been trying to deny it for so long, but there it is. It's not something he found on his own. The whole world found out at once which is definitely makes him incredibly vulnerable in that moment and he literally runs away from that moment. But something about Elliot that I'm so drawn to is he preservers; in the face of something so devastating, he finds some steel inside of him and says, "I'm going to go through with this plan on my terms." Instead of going home and cowering under the covers, it actually makes him attempt to see the plan go in the direction that he wanted it to.

We've seen him use a lot of drugs. Will we see that change at all now that he's in this group and he's so focused on something?

Malek: Yeah, the next episode will show a very different side of Elliot and it is a struggle and one that we all seem to be dealing with. This drug question comes up quite a bit and I keep thinking, he's self-prescribing himself medication. He's not different from anybody else. We're all on something these days. We're hard pressed to find somebody that doesn't collect something from the pharmacy. He's going to deal with it one way or another.

Slater: Some of us live in that area of denial where we think we can manage it and control it and it's a very sneaky, tricky, slippery slope.

Going forward, how do you see each of your characters impacting the other?

Slater: There is an element of, 'Thank God he's there to find another way around my destructive ideas.' So it's him just providing that wonderful balance to make sure innocent victims don’t fall prey to Mr. Robot's plan. Even though his main agenda is to do what he deems to be the right thing, sometimes his ways of wanting to go about it are definitely a lot more dangerous. Fortunately, Elliot is smart enough to come along and have a more technical approach that will be a lot safer for everybody.

What else can you say about season one and how this plan will unfold?

Malek: What's special about this show in particular is as timely and relevant as it all is, the character developments are just as integral to the story and everybody has a through line. It's not like there are the b and c plots. Everything is there for a particular reason. You're not switching it just to have another plot. It matters what happens to everyone in this show because these characters do all intersect. And there's a method behind all of Sam's madness, beautiful magic madness.

Sully 07-25-2015 10:22 PM

Holy cow this is a great show. The perfect speed of burn, the perfect atmosphere.

I wonder, for people more educated on film theory than me... If I were to draw a horizontal line across the middle of my screen, rarely are the characters seen above the mid point. I don't mean to be vague, but that view definitely makes me "feel" something. What is the significance?
Is it to show that the world is big, and the people small, as backgrounds take a larger part of the area (I think I even noticed higher ceilings and doors in this past episode).
Is it to make the viewer feel less involved and more "autistic" since we are viewing from afar instead of right in characters' faces?

It's just some of the stupid shit I think about when watching...

JakeLV 07-26-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11618519)
Holy cow this is a great show. The perfect speed of burn, the perfect atmosphere.

I wonder, for people more educated on film theory than me... If I were to draw a horizontal line across the middle of my screen, rarely are the characters seen above the mid point. I don't mean to be vague, but that view definitely makes me "feel" something. What is the significance?
Is it to show that the world is big, and the people small, as backgrounds take a larger part of the area (I think I even noticed higher ceilings and doors in this past episode).
Is it to make the viewer feel less involved and more "autistic" since we are viewing from afar instead of right in characters' faces?

It's just some of the stupid shit I think about when watching...

Not dumb at all. Perspective and angles are really powerful stuff:

https://vimeo.com/107779620

Chieficus 08-12-2015 09:45 PM

Well... That answered some things. (maybe?)

aturnis 08-13-2015 01:23 AM

Show is good. Loving it, but wondering where it can go next season.

Tribal Warfare 08-13-2015 02:14 AM

Quote:

Thank you boys I called it

Chieficus 08-13-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11657086)

Spoiler!

jd1020 08-13-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

You called it that he's his father, but from everything we've seen the last couple episodes, there is no evidence to suggest he isn't real.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 08-13-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11657183)
You called it that he's his father, but from everything we've seen the last couple episodes, there is no evidence to suggest he isn't real.

Agreed - the last episode had a couple of scenes without Eliot in them with him interacting with others...I cannot see how they can position that as a manifestation unless it is really Eliot and they are showing him as this manifestation or some obscure thing like that?

jd1020 08-13-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan (Post 11657329)
Agreed - the last episode had a couple of scenes without Eliot in them with him interacting with others...I cannot see how they can position that as a manifestation unless it is really Eliot and they are showing him as this manifestation or some obscure thing like that?

The only way I think they could spin it is if Tyrell is also another one of Elliots creations. But at this point, unless this whole thing is a dream in his head, there's no way they could reveal Mr. Robot as imaginary without a shit storm, imo.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 08-13-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11657400)
The only way I think they could spin it is if Tyrell is also another one of Elliots creations. But at this point, unless this whole thing is a dream in his head, there's no way they could reveal Mr. Robot as imaginary without a shit storm, imo.

The thing that is making me wonder is how Mr. Robot shows up at the most opportune times - like in Eliot's stairwell when he was being held hostage by the guys wanting him to access the prison and open the doors....seems like a HUGE coincidence that would be hard to explain if he was real.

Chieficus 08-13-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

The scene with Tyrell and Mr. Robot talking and the "I know your secret" thing is what cements for me that it's his real father and not a mental manifestation.

The only thing in the series that bugs me is episode 3 or 4 where after having sex with that guy Tyrell did something to his phone and left. I don't recall that being carried over into anything else--what'd he plant that he went to that much trouble for? So either I'm missing something or they haven't touched it since.

aturnis 08-13-2015 03:59 PM

Could it possibly have been his mother who died? He seems to have built mental walks around tragic events, obviously skewing his sense of reality.

aturnis 08-13-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Not true. Tyler Durden interacted with others as a figment of Norton's imagination. What he thought he experienced as a third party watching Durden though, was actually him the whole time.

bishop_74 08-13-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11658072)
Not true. Tyler Durden interacted with others as a figment of Norton's imagination. What he thought he experienced as a third party watching Durden though, was actually him the whole time.

That is what I am thinking. All those people when they interact with anyone else is actually himself.

aturnis 08-13-2015 09:19 PM

I was just showing that the story line is still alive. I actually think that either his mom died, or his dad fakes his death or something. Not sure. I feel like Christian Slayer exists for some reason.

jd1020 08-14-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11658072)

Elliot was not a 3rd party in the SUV with the meeting between Mr. Robot and Tyrell. There have been multiple scenes involving Mr. Robot Elliotless these last 2 episodes.

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11659634)
Elliot was not a 3rd party in the SUV with the meeting between Mr. Robot and Tyrell. There have been multiple scenes involving Mr. Robot Elliotless these last 2 episodes.

That could be Elliot embodying Mr. Robot, as that personality has taken over to speak in Elliot's place.

jd1020 08-14-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11659655)
That could be Elliot embodying Mr. Robot, as that personality has taken over to speak in Elliot's place.

Unlikely. What would Elliot's "secret" be?

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11659660)
Unlikely. What would Elliot's "secret" be?

multiple things, that he'll tell Elliot that he isn't truly self aware and give him a clinically certified psych eval he has no recollection about this if they reveal that he was in a psychiatric hospital for a while, that he'll rat out Elliot as the "Inside Man", Or the Mr. Robot personality is also a part of the "Dark Army" or She-Male wasn't White Rose Mr. Robot/Elliot is.

jd1020 08-14-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11659670)
multiple things, that he'll tell Elliot that he isn't truly self aware and give him a clinically certified psych eval he has no recollection about this if they reveal that he was in a psychiatric hospital for a while, that he'll rat out Elliot as the "Inside Man", Or the Mr. Robot personality is also a part of the "Dark Army" or She-Male wasn't White Rose Mr. Robot/Elliot is.

The first thing isn't a secret. All safe is already onto Elliot. And the Dark Army is Darlene's side of the equation. So is Darlene not real now too?

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11659679)
The first thing isn't a secret. All safe is already onto Elliot. And the Dark Army is Darlene's side of the equation. So is Darlene not real now too?

Mr. Robot/Elliot is playing Darlene too.

The whole idea is what is "real" Mr. Robot said that money is just virtual data when the world went off the gold standard.

jd1020 08-14-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11659683)
Mr. Robot/Elliot is playing Darlene too

Pretty illogical.

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11659690)
Pretty illogical.

Okay, if Mr. Robot is real then how do you justify him waiting at his work station in corporate building without credentials and anyone asking who he is or during Hispanic gangster raid of Elliot's apartment with waiting at the stairwell.

jd1020 08-14-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11659695)
Okay, if Mr. Robot is real then how do you justify him waiting at his work station in corporate building without credentials and anyone asking who he is or during Hispanic gangster raid of Elliot's apartment with waiting at the stairwell.

He's a hacker. I've been behind closed doors without credentials visiting family members. No one asks questions.

He could have easily been let in by simply saying that... Wait for it... "I'm Elliot's father."

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11659698)
He's a hacker. I've been behind closed doors without credentials visiting family members. No one asks questions.

Elliot would have to verify that with someone, and the stairwell incident?

jd1020 08-14-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11659712)
Elliot would have to verify that with someone

No. There have been multiple security guards at my parents work and all I say is that I'm hear to see my mother. Give them her name and they let me in.

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11659713)
No. There have been multiple security guards at my parents work and all I say is that I'm hear to see my mother. Give them her name and they let me in.

Really porous security then if they work in a corporate building, and the stairwell incident?

jd1020 08-14-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11659721)
Really porous security then if they work in a corporate building, and the stairwell incident?

Coincidence? There's nothing left to suggest Mr. Robot isn't alive and kicking unless you are prepared to say EVERYTHING is fake.

jd1020 08-14-2015 12:54 PM

One possible twist would be that Mr. Robot isn't his father and that he simply raised him after his fathers death.

Buck 08-15-2015 02:18 PM

I don't think Elliot is Darlene because of the scene at the Ballet place with Elliot's friend.

Still undecided on if Elliot is Mr Robot. I just watched all 8 episodes back to back. This is a great show. Reminds me of Rubicon.

keg in kc 08-16-2015 06:22 PM

Oh shit, that was badass.

Deberg_1990 08-16-2015 09:58 PM

Holy cow, great show! How did this end up on USA channel?

RunKC 08-19-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11661452)
I don't think Elliot is Darlene because of the scene at the Ballet place with Elliot's friend.

Still undecided on if Elliot is Mr Robot. I just watched all 8 episodes back to back. This is a great show. Reminds me of Rubicon.

You got your answer tonight

Tribal Warfare 08-19-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11602248)

Quote:

http://media.giphy.com/media/kS1aph1nPE1lm/giphy.gif

Buck 08-19-2015 11:54 PM

One scene I don't get with tonight's reveal is the scene where Mr Robot is talking to the black dude at his Pot Farm. It didn't seem like he was talking to Elliot. IDK. Will have to rewatch.

Third Eye 08-21-2015 06:40 PM

Thought the Fight Club nod was a bit on the nose, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Also liked what I assume was an intentional Pulp Fiction callback.

Stanley Nickels 08-24-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11672071)
One scene I don't get with tonight's reveal is the scene where Mr Robot is talking to the black dude at his Pot Farm. It didn't seem like he was talking to Elliot. IDK. Will have to rewatch.

This was what stuck with me as well.. perhaps the black dude was also a creation of Elliott's? Dunno.

jd1020 08-25-2015 10:11 AM

Finally got around to watching the finale. So many scenes no longer make sense to me.

Third Eye 08-25-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11684181)
Finally got around to watching the finale. So many scenes no longer make sense to me.

The season finale is tomorrow night.

jd1020 08-25-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11684318)
The season finale is tomorrow night.

Lol. Thought that was it. Ohwell, so much doesnt make sense any more. I deleted all the episodes after I watched them but I'd have to go back and listen to all the dialogue from the scenes where Elliot was sick in the hotel room bed where the black guy and Mr. Robot were seemingly having a conversation about what to do. Also the scene where Elliot was in Steel Mountain and Mr. Robot was talking over the radio with the black guy and the fat guy in the van. Darlene is obviously real and she mentioned creating fsociety, so is it just Elliot and her that makes up fsociety and everyone else is his imagination?

aturnis 08-25-2015 04:11 PM

I fail to understand how this confuses things for people.

Anytime you saw Mr. ROBOT, it was Elliott. Anytime the two were together having a conversation, it was internal dialogue, craziness.

Tribal Warfare 08-25-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11684739)
I fail to understand how this confuses things for people.

Anytime you saw Mr. ROBOT, it was Elliott. Anytime the two were together having a conversation, it was internal dialogue, craziness.

the 3rd episode solidified for me who and what Slater was

Beef Supreme 08-26-2015 03:58 PM

I haven't watched this show, but saw this.

Mr. Robot season finale postponed because of similarities to the Virginia news crew killing.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/virginia...es-1201507290/

bishop_74 08-26-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11686923)

Mr. Robot season finale postponed because of similarities to the Virginia news crew killing.

Damn it.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11686923)

Dumb.

It's not ok to air it tonight, but it will be fine a week from now?