ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaking down Alex Smith: From a doubter to a believer (long) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271977)

Holladay 04-11-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Dude, if you think clark and Dorsey are going to just ease back and accept another Casselian effort, you are out of your goddamned mind.
Ditto

TRR 04-11-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 9577214)
i think he's already at least as good as trent green. Alex smith hater though are always gonna see him in a negative light. 104 passer rating. was on way of throwing 26 tds with 10 int and about to break comp pct record. Clutch playoff win. to me, better than trent green but at least as good

Oh Lord....Trent Green threw for more yards in a season as a Redskin than Smith did in a season as a 49er. Wake me up when Alex Smith has three consecutive seasons throwing for more than 4,000 yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 04-11-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9576497)
Still don't believe.

This guy WILL NOT win the Super Bowl as a starting QB for ANY team. He's had 7 ****ing chances. Stop being so god damn blind people.

This and That

mcaj22 04-11-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

i think he's already at least as good as trent green. Alex smith hater though are always gonna see him in a negative light. 104 passer rating. was on way of throwing 26 tds with 10 int and about to break comp pct record. Clutch playoff win. to me, better than trent green but at least as good

lol i like how you will project his TDs and INTs out and his completion percentage but you leave out the projection of his yardage, and that was 2900 yards. Still could barely get to or even pass the 3000 mark in his best seasons (he only did this once) and people are going to compare him to Trent ****ing Green.

Get out of here. The only thing this guy has in common with Trent is that he has even less durability than Trent and is way more injury prone, and sadly I wouldnt be surprised if he gets rocked by game 7 with us. And I dont wish that upon anyone. He had a monster o-line in SF and still got hurt I'd hate to see whats going to happen with him taking sacks with an unproven question mark patchwork line in KC

bevischief 04-11-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9576517)
I don't want to sound rude, but that analysis sounds like someone who has no in-depth knowledge or understanding of football.

This.

AdumbGuy 04-11-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Trent Green was at the helm of one of the greatest offenses in NFL history. Alex Smith has never thrown more than 18tds in a season.

That makes your post one of the stupidest things I've ever read on chiefsplanet. Congratulations, young man, you have failed, yes, but you have failed spectacularly.

ChiTown 04-11-2013 07:20 AM

I read this, and all that came to my mind was, ****a, PLEASE!

Prison Bitch 04-11-2013 07:21 AM

Too long. Refused to read.

Lzen 04-11-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9576884)
I've heard from multiple people who are high on this trade that Alex Smith has an "upside" of being Trent Green. What they don't understand is that Trent Green isn't good enough. We could sign Trent Green in his prime tomorrow, and he would never take us to a Superbowl.

Dumb.

LOCOChief 04-11-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9577206)
tl dr sorry

And I have no confidence in Alex Smith at all. Without Harbaugh, he's nothing. Sad but true.

Geno Smith on the other hand would be great. Really hope they draft him.

Wow we need to find a way to get this information to Dorsey and Reid asap.

lcarus 04-11-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9576925)
Wall of text attempts to rationalize a shitty thing.

Wall of text fails.

I'm not usually a tl;dr type of guy. I'll read shit, but I have a feeling this won't change my mind at all about Alex, so I'll pass.

MahiMike 04-11-2013 08:50 AM

Nice article. 10-6 here we come!

WakkaWakka 04-11-2013 08:52 AM

Read the whole damn thing....nope, didn't change my mind.

Fish 04-11-2013 08:58 AM

Dude watches 8 hours of NFL and acts like its some life changing experience.

Meh..

MTG#10 04-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9576884)
I've heard from multiple people who are high on this trade that Alex Smith has an "upside" of being Trent Green. What they don't understand is that Trent Green isn't good enough. We could sign Trent Green in his prime tomorrow, and he would never take us to a Superbowl.

Bullshit. Trent could and likely would have taken us to a Superbowl if he would have had even a decent defense.