ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Are you going to watch the Super Bowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320824)

eDave 01-22-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14064975)
Nobody gives a shit whether you guys watch the Superbowl. It's silly to act like you're sending some kind of statement.

Why you being a bitch?

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 05:02 PM

I always have to go to the local neighbors Super Bowl party. I’m a bad neighbor, if I don’t go. It’s always filled with top shelf food and drink. So at least there is that. Just only about 25% are actually watching the game.

MMXcalibur 01-22-2019 05:03 PM

Yes, because its football.

srvy 01-22-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 14065002)
Yes, because its football.

The correct answer is above^^^

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14064975)
Nobody gives a shit whether you guys watch the Superbowl. It's silly to act like you're sending some kind of statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14064983)
Nobody gives a shit if you want to be the sheep that goes BAAAAAAAAAAAAA, either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14064985)
Why you being a bitch?

I don’t understand why some on here tell other fans how to be a fan? People should “fan” how ever the **** they want to “fan”.

Naptown Chief 01-22-2019 05:26 PM

Nope. Haven't watched since Ravens-49ers Harghbowl. Only reason I watched that game was because a lot of my friends and family are Ravens fans.

Fish 01-22-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14064985)
Why you being a bitch?

I'm not one of the people avoiding the Super Bowl for bitter butthurt reasons and bringing it up in every thread. Save it for those bitches.

carcosa 01-22-2019 06:13 PM

No

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-22-2019 06:16 PM

Bunch of babies in this poll

carcosa 01-22-2019 06:28 PM

I just have zero interest in watching another Patriots Super Bowl. Even potential schadenfreude isn't a compelling reason anymore, because the Eagles already beat them last year. Why risk wasting 3+ hours hoping for a Patriots loss, which at this point is only barely more satisfying than a Patriots win?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14064947)
I posted this on Facebook earlier today:

I'm seeing lots of people bitching about the Saints loss. Yeah, they got screwed. The Chiefs were the victims of some questionable calls as well, but I can't blame the ref$ for their offense taking the first half off and the defense taking the fourth quarter off. That game shouldn't have come down to one or two bad calls.

Yes, we got the game between the two huge market teams that Goodell and his cronies wanted, featuring the Patriots, who 99% of the world hates and is sick of, and the Rams, a transplanted band of pumped up mercenaries that even the people of LA don't give a crap about. Meanwhile, the two best QBs in the league and their small market teams won't be playing, and the game we wanted to see will never be played. It is what it is. No amount of bitching and moaning or silly lawsuits will change that.

But I would point out that NONE OF US ARE UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO WATCH IT. If you want to make a difference, get the attention of the money grubbing pricks who always seem to find a way to bend the outcome of games to their will, don't watch it. Stay home. Do something else. Don't go out and spend a ton of money. Don't host a party. Read a book that night. Watch a movie. Binge watch some series on Netflix. Go to a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. Don't buy the products of their advertisers. Send the only message that matters to these vermin - vote with your wallet.

I have no idea what I'll be doing on Super Bowl Sunday, but I absolutely know what I won't be doing.

Frazod is correct, all other takes are pointless shit. The NFL lives and dies by television contracts. Television contracts are given to the NFL based on ratings. Don't watch, don't buy their advertisers products, and you ABSOLUTELY "send a message".

P.S. Suck it if you hate this post. Thanks!

TwistedChief 01-22-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14065571)
Frazod is correct, all other takes are pointless shit. The NFL lives and dies by television contracts. Television contracts are given to the NFL based on ratings. Don't watch, don't buy their advertisers products, and you ABSOLUTELY "send a message".

P.S. Suck it if you hate this post. Thanks!

This I agree with.

displacedinMN 01-22-2019 07:55 PM

I will also say I will be in the same room as it is on. But will be with friends and will be drinking. I do not have to watch it.

kc rush 01-22-2019 08:11 PM

No. I hate both teams. No need to suffer through that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14065578)
This I agree with.

I'm feelin' EXTRA salty this day! :)