ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs explore ways to get fans in stadiums (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333008)

Direckshun 08-14-2020 02:04 PM

Kansas City Chiefs explore ways to get fans in stadiums

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...-stadiums.html

NFL teams, Kansas City Chiefs explore ways to get fans in stadiums

As the National Football League prepares for the start of its season, teams exploring ways to play in front of fans in the stadium may have hit on a potential solution — backed by new language on tickets protecting franchises from claims due to Covid-19 outbreaks.

At least three teams, including the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs, are exploring the concept of “podding,” Yahoo Sports reports. The other two teams are the New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys.

It works like this: Fans who attend games together get tickets in “pods,” which group them together but keep them socially distanced from other pods, the report says. One source likened it to the approach restaurants take with groups dining together.

The news leaked, perhaps not surprisingly, from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who admitted during comments to the media that whatever plans the NFL comes up with could change based on state and local guidance in place when the season starts in September.

Jones declined to speculate on the overall size of crowds he expects, the report says. But he expects the pods to be anywhere from five to 15 people. Another source told Yahoo Sports that teams have software that will allow them to break up seating sections and arrange pods based on which seats are not being used, creating a “checkerboard” spread of fans in the stands.

Megatron96 08-14-2020 02:18 PM

It's not a perfect solution, because it's guaranteed that some people will be pissed off, but I sincerely hope something like this ends up being implemented. Fans in the seats would be a plus for everyone.

Dunerdr 08-14-2020 02:20 PM

When these pods are the only thing left on earth i vow to repopulate the earth and name my first son patrick.

eDave 08-14-2020 02:25 PM

Concerts are beginning to do this now.

Wilson8 08-14-2020 02:34 PM

So how to avoid the huge crowd that happens with shoulder to shoulder mass of humans, as they check people for security at the gate?

TEX 08-14-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15114399)
When these pods are the only thing left on earth i vow to repopulate the earth and name my first son patrick.

Meant to give this a THUMBS UP!

SuperBowl4 08-14-2020 02:40 PM

Just have everyone sign a release of liability waiver at the gate. All the hypochondriacs can stay home and watch it on TV wearing a mask

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-14-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 15114423)
So how to avoid the huge crowd that happens with shoulder to shoulder mass of humans, as they check people for security at the gate?

Easy fix. Monitor lines and require space between pods.

lewdog 08-14-2020 02:55 PM

Decent idea, especially for outdoor stadiums.

Wisconsin_Chief 08-14-2020 02:56 PM

Hopefully they find a way to pull this off. Football players feed off fans unlike any other sport. I truly believe our D does not step up the way they did in the playoffs without Arrowhead screaming their heads off.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-14-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15114456)
Hopefully they find a way to pull this off. Football players feed off fans unlike any other sport. I truly believe our D does not step up the way they did in the playoffs without Arrowhead screaming their heads off.

Just think ,if seating is limited surely the season ticket holders will get ALL the available seats. The noise can still be energizing for the team.

jdubya 08-14-2020 03:06 PM

I just noticed PBR is allowing fans again in their indoor venues. 30% capacity I believe

Pasta Little Brioni 08-14-2020 03:50 PM

**** covid. If people want to attend, let them.

Titty Meat 08-14-2020 03:59 PM

Do it

Titty Meat 08-14-2020 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the pods at PNL. If this doesnt cause a big out break nothing will.

Photo credit to Zach