ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV CW: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292509)

keg in kc 05-14-2015 11:08 AM

CW: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

<iframe width="620" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4MubNoWQiSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 05-14-2015 11:16 AM

Looks better than Supergirl.

Frosty 05-14-2015 11:23 AM

I wonder how they will explain Sara being alive, especially since there is talk that this will do crossovers with Arrow and The Flash.

keg in kc 05-14-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11499134)
I wonder how they will explain Sara being alive, especially since there is talk that this will do crossovers with Arrow and The Flash.

Vid showed her rising out of the Lazarus Pit and calling herself White Canary.

Be really interesting if Constantine shows up. There was already talk behind the scenes of him showing up on Arrow to give background on Lazarus Pits.

Frosty 05-14-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11499139)

The Lazarus Pit is pretty potent if it can resurrect someone that long dead.

keg in kc 05-14-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11499145)

They can always retcon it. Have Rip Hunter grab her fresh corpse and toss it in.

Tribal Warfare 05-14-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11499139)

Be really interesting if Constantine shows up. There was already talk behind the scenes of him showing up on Arrow to give background on Lazarus Pits.

Spoiler!

unlurking 05-14-2015 11:46 AM

Looks fun if they can keep Oliver Drama-Queen in check.

Pitt Gorilla 05-14-2015 12:55 PM

Soooo, one guy becomes a legend because of Cisco's gun?!?

AustinChief 05-14-2015 01:02 PM

Yikes. That looks frighteningly bad.

Ragged Robin 05-14-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11499388)
Soooo, one guy becomes a legend because of Cisco's gun?!?

Yeah... the ONLY reason Cpt Cold is there is because of the high-bill actors famous from Prison Break.. kind of ridiculous

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11499145)

^this is another example of this, the showrunners really like the actress so they had to write her back into the universe somehow :facepalm:

Valiant 05-14-2015 11:19 PM

I hope it does well, but I think they bit off way too much..

I agree, they hired past well known actors from other series as cameos and are like ****, we need to get them in a series here.

RobBlake 05-15-2015 12:17 AM

has potential

thabear04 05-15-2015 12:33 AM

So flash is going to trust Captain Cold again. Why can't they start this season up now until Flash and Arrow starts back up again.

keg in kc 07-14-2015 03:41 PM

<iframe width="735" height="438" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n4cQ83S_gMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(nothing really new...)

keg in kc 11-24-2015 04:15 PM

<iframe width="377" height="237" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c7LlmaFg0lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 11-24-2015 04:21 PM

That looks pretty bad.

Ragged Robin 11-25-2015 08:03 PM

looks better than the last trailer they put out, looks like the budget really ballooned for this one

still incredibly stupid that Captain Cold & Heatwave are only there solely due to the casting

keg in kc 12-28-2015 06:50 PM

<iframe width="735" height="438" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QTkoki6U1sk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 12-28-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11906801)
looks better than the last trailer they put out, looks like the budget really ballooned for this one

still incredibly stupid that Captain Cold & Heatwave are only there solely due to the casting

^Andre Kreisberg went on Kevin Smith's podcast and confirmed that the original trailer was vaporware used out of mostly repurposed footage from Flash/Arrow and some scenes solely shot for the trailer and not actually in the show which is why the same scenes in the second trailer are completely different ROFL

Sure-Oz 01-19-2016 06:57 AM

Going to dvr this...seems like Flash and Arrow were enough. Now a go back in time squad? With basically on/off again guys from both shows. Idk

Sure-Oz 01-20-2016 06:46 AM

Apparently the characters from legends won't appear back on either Flash or Arrow for quite awhile

007 01-22-2016 02:53 AM

So did anyone catch this tonight

Scorp 01-22-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12043744)

I caught a little bit of it and it was so bad I turned the channel. It doesn't work at all in my opinion.

Just Passin' By 01-22-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12043744)

I tried watching it, but the suckage overwhelmed me and I had to change the channel.

Sure-Oz 01-22-2016 11:39 AM

I dvred it ...if it sucks atleast they can bring these guys back later in Arrow or flash

JD10367 01-23-2016 06:17 AM

It was okay but I'm not sure what the point of it is. I like pretty much anything fantasy sci-fi--even the current "Supergirl"--so I'll watch it, especially because I like some of the actors (particularly Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, and Wentworth Miller). But it seems like a weird premise. Okay, so they want to stop Vandal Savage before he rules and destroys the world in the future... so what's the big deal? You pretty much know EVERYWHERE he's been, if you have him in photos at every big political event in history (e.g. JFK's assasination). Just timejump to the day before and kill him. Even better, just go back to ancient Egypt and kill him when he's a priest. I'm not sure how they're going to explain the need to timejump all over the place. It seems like an excuse to show them all dressing up in period clothing and trying to hide their powers--boy, that sounds really exciting.

007 01-23-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 12045072)
It was okay but I'm not sure what the point of it is. I like pretty much anything fantasy sci-fi--even the current "Supergirl"--so I'll watch it, especially because I like some of the actors (particularly Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, and Wentworth Miller). But it seems like a weird premise. Okay, so they want to stop Vandal Savage before he rules and destroys the world in the future... so what's the big deal? You pretty much know EVERYWHERE he's been, if you have him in photos at every big political event in history (e.g. JFK's assasination). Just timejump to the day before and kill him. Even better, just go back to ancient Egypt and kill him when he's a priest. I'm not sure how they're going to explain the need to timejump all over the place. It seems like an excuse to show them all dressing up in period clothing and trying to hide their powers--boy, that sounds really exciting.

but you get to see sarah dance in super tight pants.

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 12045072)

The butterfly effect if they don't do something with surgical precision certain political/social/hero leaders who improve the futures prosperity may never come to be or even be born.

keg in kc 01-24-2016 01:18 PM

I liked it. Sort of a mix of Dr. Who and Justice League with some GotG flavor. Should be a fun season.

Sure-Oz 02-25-2016 10:30 PM

Enjoyed the episode tonight. Seeing an old armless Oliver was pretty sweet. Mirrored The Dark Knight Returns look

007 02-25-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12100533)
Enjoyed the episode tonight. Seeing an old armless Oliver was pretty sweet. Mirrored The Dark Knight Returns look

agreed. I thought tonights ep was very solid and probably the best of the series so far.

keg in kc 02-26-2016 02:30 PM

Season's been great so far but I thought the episode was really lame and failed to deliver on almost every level. Could have been so much better than it was. The setup was great - "let's see Star City in 30 years!" - but the execution was just awful. It was a giant plot hole basically, the city is falling apart because Sarah and Ray weren't there when Deathstroke brought in his army....okay then, fly the waverider back to 2016 and none of this happens. And then the action in 2046 was just bad.

keg in kc 02-26-2016 02:41 PM

Found an article that does a good job at laying out all the problems with last night's ep:
Quote:

Spoilers ahead for “Star City 2046,” the latest episode of The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow!

One of the most highly anticipated episodes of Legends’ young season finally arrived, but did it deliver on the delicious promise of visiting the future of the Arrow-verse? Kind of, but not really, sadly.

The short version: The team lands in Star City circa 2046 after the Waverider crash-lands following the attack last week. Our heroes quickly encounter a mysterious young version of the Green Arrow who turns out to be John Diggle Jr. (so, apparently, Diggle will be having another kid at some point), going by the pseudonym Connor Hawke (aka the comic-book son of Oliver Queen, who also assumed the Green Arrow moniker).

This version of the city is a burned-out mess, but not because of Vandal Savage — it turns out Deathstroke’s son brings an army to town in 2031 and seizes control. Team Arrow didn’t have the manpower to win that battle, due to the fact that Ray Palmer and Sara were still off gallivanting on their spinoff show (which raises several more questions about the nature of time travel, but they just make my head hurt).

Hawke claims that Oliver is dead, though a visit to the Arrow Cave reveals a still-alive, bearded, one-armed Oliver hiding out. The team goes after a MacGuffin to fix the ship, Hawke gets captured by Deathstroke Jr.’s goons, and Sara Lance pushes Oliver back into action for a climactic battle to take out Slade Wilson’s son and start the slow process of saving Star City.

Fun easter egg of the night: Palmer Tech is now going by the name of Smoak Technologies, meaning Felicity apparently does a pretty good job of keeping the company around (though she apparently couldn’t save the city itself).

Old Man Oliver and Deathstroke Jr.

In jumping to the future of the Arrow-verse, the possibilities were limitless. Yes, the writers gave us the closest thing we’ll probably ever get to a grizzled, Dark Knight Returns version of the Green Arrow (complete with the beard and missing arm), plus a unique spin on Connor Hawke (Diggle Jr. FTW), but aside from that, the episode didn’t “wow” nearly as much as expected.

Bringing in Deathstroke’s son was a nice touch to connect the baddie to the lore, but the whole future seemed contrived. Gangs are running the street trying to mug people in a city that has literally been overrun by criminals for over a decade. How would there be anyone left to mug? How has literally everything not already been looted to nothingness? (We’re looking at you, secret Smoak Technologies warehouse that is immediately attacked once our heroes visit.)

So, Connor Hawke is out there defending the city on his own, and he’s managed to survive this long? How? The entire city is literally filled the criminals, and he’s managed to not be killed or captured during all these years. And Deathstroke doesn’t make stopping the one good guy left in the city a priority until now? It just seemed silly.

But the hardest part to believe is that Oliver Queen would just give up on his city and let it fall into utter chaos. Yes, the circumstances were beyond dire, but it still didn’t feel true to the hero we’ve seen grow and evolve over the past four seasons on the flagship series. He’s apparently just been waiting all this time for an old friend to pop in and give him a pep talk? That’s weak.

Wasted opportunities

Digging a bit deeper into the future premise, this would’ve been a perfect chance to really geek out and explore the lives of some other characters in this universe, but they just brush that off with them all being dead or long gone. It seems like a cop out, and a major wasted opportunity for some fun easter eggs that could’ve pushed this episode over the top. This is a show made for the fans, and they should’ve embraced all the opportunities a unique premise like this could provide. Just look at The Flash’s “Welcome To Earth-2,” which provided dozens of “Wow!” moments that perfectly paid off on the fantastical premise, and still packed in an excellent story. It can be done, it just wasn’t done here.

The middle school romantic sub-plot

How could they have managed to pull that off, you ask? Axe the ridiculous, and outright silly subplot that found Jax and Ray Palmer pining over Hawkgirl, as I can only imagine Hawkman is rolling over in his grave (in-between reincarnations, of course). It was handled poorly, and came across as insulting to pretty much every character involved. It belittled Hawkgirl into little more than a prize, and made Jax seem like a middle school kid. Which, sure, he’s younger than the rest of the gang — but the guy is still supposed to be an adult.

It’s understandable to develop a crush on someone you’re working closely with, especially when it’s a strong Egyptian hawk goddess who is quite lovely, but let’s play out that story in a way that’s a little less cringe-worthy. Also, to mention again: It’s pretty damn tacky to do this so soon after Hawkman’s death. For real, guys?

For all the time wasted on this atrocious B-story, we could’ve been developing the backstory of Connor Hawke, filling in the gaps for how Old Man Oliver became so broken, or maybe even sprinkling in some other fan favorites (i.e. Capt. Lance, Felicity, etc.).

Heat Wave and Capt. Cold are not getting along

It makes sense we’d eventually see some pushback from the criminals in the bunch, but having Mick immediately decide to stay in this burned out future and be a gang lord at the drop of a hat just happened way too quickly. Sure, it makes sense he’d “fit” in this world, but it erased any trace of character development over the past several episodes.

But, what they sacrificed for Mick they made up for with Snart, as he seems to be coming around to the mission and the goal of actually saving the world. Having these two characters at odds was an interesting story, but it could’ve been executed better. Here’s hoping they actually follow this thread somewhere interesting, or else it’s (again) just more wasted potential.

Rip Hunter is a terrible leader

The writers seem to be setting up the evolution of Rip Hunter, in a sense, as we seem him struggling with the right decisions as the team faces new and unexpected circumstances. But, planning to abandon a team member in this awful future — instead of just sending in the team to back her up and beat the bad guys — seemed needlessly stubborn. Yes, he came around in the end, but it shouldn’t have taken that long. Between nearly having Dr. Stein assassinated last week, and nearly leaving Sara this week, this is not a guy who seems well suited to lead the mission to save the world.

But, Sara did get in some good points on him in regards to when it is, and isn’t, OK to fight to change a bad future. She’s seeing her city, and her friend, falling apart in this world and wants to help fix it. It makes sense, and you’d think Rip, of all people, would see the merit in that.

Valiant 02-26-2016 05:23 PM

This was this season best episode, but it is still so bad.

So so bad..

Rasputin 02-26-2016 09:59 PM

First one I watched and it was disappoint. May as well watch the Power Rangers.

Tribal Warfare 02-27-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12101639)
This was this season best episode, but it is still so bad.

So so bad..

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12101936)
First one I watched and it was disappoint. May as well watch the Power Rangers.

We are compelled to watch, because of the Arrowverse.

keg in kc 03-05-2016 03:58 PM

Now That was a cool episode.

Rip Hunter is about a hundred times more interesting now that they finally gave some depth to his backstory.

keg in kc 03-11-2016 02:03 PM

Coming back for a second season.

big nasty kcnut 05-09-2016 03:08 AM

You should all still be watching this it really good. Also two things. First They wanted vandal savage to be this big evil guy don't know him he is subtle yet can be a monster if need be and the actor playing him is doing him perfectly. Second is hawkman guy seem like a good dude but there something off about him and I'm not talking about his accent. I don't know but carter needed to be more a Adam Baldwin type.

Beef Supreme 05-09-2016 07:42 PM

I've been keeping up with this, but it's kinda hard to watch sometimes. Not only is it pretty cheesy, the characters keep doing ridiculously stupid shit. Just this last episode alone, Hawkgirl can't seem to kill Savage. She stands within striking distance of a mind controlled Hawkman and gets throat stomped for her trouble. Ray opens Savage's cell and of course lets him out. Rip Hunter ignores his computer AI telling him not to push it and blows the ****ing ship up. He sends the kid in to get irradiated. Dr. Stein ships him off in the shuttle, ****ing over everyone else. And I'm sure I could name a few more stupid ass decisions in this single episode, not to mention the countless times they have just staggered drunkenly through the timeline ****ing shit up with no thought to any repercussions.

I wouldn't trust any of these ****heads with a potato gun, let alone a time machine. I wouldn't let them walk my dog.

Just Passin' By 05-09-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12223347)
I've been keeping up with this, but it's kinda hard to watch sometimes. Not only is it pretty cheesy, the characters keep doing ridiculously stupid shit. Just this last episode alone, Hawkgirl can't seem to kill Savage. She stands within striking distance of a mind controlled Hawkman and gets throat stomped for her trouble. Ray opens Savage's cell and of course lets him out. Rip Hunter ignores his computer AI telling him not to push it and blows the ****ing ship up. He sends the kid in to get irradiated. Dr. Stein ships him off in the shuttle, ****ing over everyone else. And I'm sure I could name a few more stupid ass decisions in this single episode, not to mention the countless times they have just staggered drunkenly through the timeline ****ing shit up with no thought to any repercussions.

I wouldn't trust any of these ****heads with a potato gun, let alone a time machine. I wouldn't let them walk my dog.

Any of them have a mother named Martha?

007 05-09-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12223427)
Any of them have a mother named Martha?

Martha Focker

JD10367 05-10-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12223347)

Yeah, I gave up on the show for similar reasons. They're like bad Bond villains who take repeatedly ludicrous and ineffective paths to try to kill Bond. For ****'s sake, just go back in time to when Savage was a powerless Egyptian priest and torch the prick.

Mr. Laz 06-17-2016 02:11 PM

Just got around to watching the first 2 episodes on DVR after recording entire season.

Ugh!!

Time travel is bad enough when it's used occasionally in a movie/tv show ala The Flash but this show is based on it. :banghead:

Acting is poor
writing is worse
overload on cheese

I hate when they don't have people react normally. I can suspend my belief for fantasy reason, like special powers and stuff, but when a person just stand there or insists on talking while the bad guy kills somebody. Annoying.

Why do these shows insist on making the good guys so incompetent? Can't they make a show last without all the good guys being morons?

I just deleted the remaining 10 shows after watching the 2 pilot shows. I assume it will be canceled anyway.

Terrible

keg in kc 06-17-2016 02:35 PM

Assume it will be cancelled? Season two was announced months ago.

It has ups and downs, but generally gets better as the season goes on. I thought the season finale was the best episode so far.

milkman 06-18-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12279779)
Assume it will be cancelled? Season two was announced months ago.

It has ups and downs, but generally gets better as the season goes on. I thought the season finale was the best episode so far.

How the hell did you make it to the final episode?

I made it through about 5 episodes before I just couldn't watch that stupid shit anymore.

keg in kc 12-26-2016 03:08 PM

<iframe width="377" height="237" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zt--ze3CuGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 12-26-2016 09:44 PM

Season 1 was hot garbage. Season 2 got rid of three of the regulars. They were all horrible and added better replacements. Still not good. But leaps and bounds better than season 1 so far a few episodes in. Hopefully they keep the jettison heroes gone.

Valiant 12-26-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12643478)
<iframe width="377" height="237" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zt--ze3CuGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

****. Let rip die.

Sure-Oz 12-27-2016 01:28 AM

The show is OK...think I watch it cause I watch flash and arrow and they sometimes crossover

keg in kc 02-22-2017 06:33 PM

Damn that Camelot episode was ****ing awful. Season'd been so cool up to that point.

keg in kc 07-21-2018 10:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More magic, more dragons, same misfits. DC&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LegendsOfTomorrow?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LegendsOfTomorrow</a> returns Monday, October 22 on The CW! Stream free on The CW App: <a href="https://t.co/kTaQtGbk2E">https://t.co/kTaQtGbk2E</a> <a href="https://t.co/UsUrbcbHhC">pic.twitter.com/UsUrbcbHhC</a></p>&mdash; Legends of Tomorrow (@TheCW_Legends) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1020828270433046528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>