ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RIP Logical (Jim) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206984)

Son of Logical 04-29-2009 02:39 PM

RIP Logical (Jim)

Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.

Coach 04-29-2009 02:40 PM

I pray for the best....

Buck 04-29-2009 02:41 PM

Prayers go out to you, he, and the rest of your family.

Brock 04-29-2009 02:41 PM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. I gave Jim a ton of shit over the years, but I do pray he gets better.

Donger 04-29-2009 02:42 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that. Give Logical my best, and to you as well.

talastan 04-29-2009 02:42 PM

Prayers are on the way my friend

RJ 04-29-2009 02:43 PM

Thank you for posting. I'm sure that was hard. I've never been much for prayer but I will pray for your dad. God bless all of you.

BTW, your dad has meant a lot to this board. He is missed.

The Franchise 04-29-2009 02:44 PM

Damn....I feel for you and your family. Thoughts and prayers your way.

DeezNutz 04-29-2009 02:45 PM

All best to you and your family.

I always enjoyed the interactions that I had with Logical on this board.

I'm hoping for the best...

RealSNR 04-29-2009 02:45 PM

Man, it's hard to believe we will see the passing of two members in the same year (Buster's Dad and now Logical)

I pray you and your family find peace. And of course, my best wishes go out to Jim and his remaining time.

Archie Bunker 04-29-2009 02:45 PM

You all are in my prayers. Jim has always been one of the posters I've respected the most, I sincerely hope things turn around.

bogey 04-29-2009 02:46 PM

James,
I have said a prayer for your family. I have always enjoyed what Logical brought to this board. I'm sorry for his ill-health and I'm sorry for you and your sister. I hope he's not suffering.

Ultra Peanut 04-29-2009 02:47 PM

Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry. If you can, let your father know that I, and a lot of people, are better off for having met him in any form.

This... I'm flabbergasted.

KCFalcon59 04-29-2009 02:47 PM

Many prayers to Jim and the family. God Bless!

luv 04-29-2009 02:48 PM

Wow. That's tough news. Sending good thoughts your way and best wishes to him for the time he has left.

Iowanian 04-29-2009 02:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear that.

I know he liked to stir things up, but I liked him the couple of times we had the chance to meet in person. I'm glad he was able to make peace with his maker. Peace to you and your family.

morphius 04-29-2009 02:49 PM

Sorry to hear that about your Dad, I regret never getting to meet him in person. I'll be praying for the best as well.

Fish 04-29-2009 02:50 PM

Prayers to you and your family.

dirk digler 04-29-2009 02:50 PM

Man that is really sad news. I was lucky to meet him once and he was a really good guy and I always respected him as a person and as a friend.

I will be praying for Jim and your family and hope for the best.

vailpass 04-29-2009 02:50 PM

All my best to you and your father.
vailpass

Katipan 04-29-2009 02:50 PM

I don't really know what comforting words to say so I'll just add my voice to the already loud board full of people that loved him.

Demonpenz 04-29-2009 02:51 PM

Maybe we could string together a best of posts for him. I still hope he gets better

Otter 04-29-2009 02:54 PM

Sorry to hear. Keep your head up and stay tough. Jim's a good man.

Amnorix 04-29-2009 02:54 PM

I am very, very sorry to hear this. Jim added a hell of a lot to this board with his wit, intelligence and ability to rile up the masses!

Best of luck to him and to you and your entire family. We'll continue to pray that he returns to give everyone more trouble than they can handle once again.

Radar Chief 04-29-2009 02:55 PM

I am truly sorry to read that.
I’ve always thought of Jim as a great person and have sought his advice a couple of times off the board for various personal issues because I valued his opinion.

Simplex3 04-29-2009 02:56 PM

It isn't over yet, but don't leave anything unsaid just in case.

Best wishes to all of you.

doomy3 04-29-2009 02:57 PM

This is hard to read and I'm sure it was unbelievably hard to type. God bless Jim and your entire family, and I'll pray for the best.

WilliamTheIrish 04-29-2009 02:57 PM

Jim,

May the Lord keep you in his hand... And never close his fist too tight.

Travel well, friend.

Dartgod 04-29-2009 02:57 PM

Wow. That sucks. I'll pray for his and your family's comfort.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-29-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanman64 (Post 5726280)
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

The next time you see your father please tell him this board valued him as much as he valued it. I tell you with all sincerity that he will be dearly missed.

sparkky 04-29-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5726291)
I'm very sorry to hear that. Give Logical my best, and to you as well.

agreed.

jAZ 04-29-2009 03:00 PM

Jim and I battled over the years and at one time he was my least favorite poster on here. In the last few years, I saw a change in him that I think allowed us to know more of the wonderful person that you and your family surely knew well. He went from being one of my least favorite people here to one of my most favorite.

I'm sad to hear what is not unexpected news. It has been a loss to this community to have Jim away. I can't imagine the pain you are dealing with, but I am glad that you are your family appear to be well suited to cope with the grief of your (and our) impending loss.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Valiant 04-29-2009 03:03 PM

Wow that really sucks.. Prayers to you and your family..

seclark 04-29-2009 03:05 PM

thoughts and prayers for logical and family.
sec

Dave Lane 04-29-2009 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear it Jim was one of the most thoughtful and intellectual posters on this board. He will be missed. I hope for a full recovery or a quick and easy passing. Good luck my friend either way.

alpha_omega 04-29-2009 03:07 PM

keg in kc 04-29-2009 03:08 PM

God bless, Jim. I will always count you a friend. May your eyes witness wonders, your mind open to mysteries and your soul find peace and contentment.

Buehler445 04-29-2009 03:08 PM

Wow. Bad news. That's really tough. I know I never met him, but I did have a lot of respect for him because of his posts.

I wish Jim and all of your family all the best. Hopefully he isn't in too much pain. I will send up a prayer for him and your family.

All of us appreciate the updates
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover 04-29-2009 03:08 PM

Thank you for letting us know about your father's status.

He was one of my favorite posters and I'm glad I had the chance to meet his at a game a few years ago. My thoughts and prayers and with him and the family.

Hoover

J Diddy 04-29-2009 03:09 PM

Holy cow. This is horrible. I wish you and your family best wishes, prayer and comfort. May God be with you.

Phobia 04-29-2009 03:10 PM

Frankly, I'm surprised the old fart has hung on for as long as he has. I saw him at Arrowhead his last trip out and he looked awful (sorry Jim, you know it's true).

For those of you who don't know, this site would not have existed without Jim for a couple of different reasons:
1. He was one of the founding members and added plenty of interest to the site.
2. He supported this place financially more than anybody knows. I'll bet he gave $1 for every $2 given by everybody else combined.

I've been on both sides with Jim and even when he frustrated me I've always had plenty of respect for the man. Me and mine have been praying for weeks and I'll pray that if now is his time that he will go peacefully and painlessly.

Thank you for the update, Junior.

oldandslow 04-29-2009 03:10 PM

Let me add my voice to those hoping for the best. A prayer will be sent your way this evening.

HolmeZz 04-29-2009 03:15 PM

Very sad. ):

One of the posters I respected most on this site. My best goes to Jim and everyone close to him.

kregger 04-29-2009 03:15 PM

James,
Thank you for posting this update. I'm sorry to hear about Jim. I wish him a peaceful end to his days and I send my sympathies to you and the rest of the family.
Jim was the first poster to teach me the ways of the Planet and I will never forget him for that reason alone. I will miss his insightful banter and football knowledge. Peace

Deberg_1990 04-29-2009 03:16 PM

Wow.

Sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

CrazyPhuD 04-29-2009 03:16 PM

Thoughts to you and your family. May miracles still happen.

shakesthecat 04-29-2009 03:19 PM

Very sorry to hear this.

Having met Jim briefly years ago, it was obvious he is a kind and decent man, and will surely be missed.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2009 03:20 PM

man,best wishes to your family during this period

big nasty kcnut 04-29-2009 03:20 PM

Praying for you. Jim is and alway be a great man may he find peace.
Posted via Mobile Device

TrebMaxx 04-29-2009 03:22 PM

Prayers are on the way.

Frankie 04-29-2009 03:23 PM

Logical and I went from the worst of CP enemies (due to a mutual misunderstanding) to the best of friends. I have never met him face to face but I have wanted to. I deeply hope there's a miracle in the works. If not I hope I will get to be buddies with him in the beyond.

I don't know if this is appropriate or not, James, but if you think it is, please post a photo of your dad for those of us who have not met him in person. And I would ask a mod to put it up in the Chiefs Planet header for a year.

Wishing you, your family, and most of all your dad great strength. Tell him Frankie wants him to fight on and beat this.

Jenson71 04-29-2009 03:24 PM

God Bless, Jim. Good of you for fighting.

Al Czervik 04-29-2009 03:25 PM

Prayers being sent to Jim and his family....

Jilly 04-29-2009 03:27 PM

We will all be praying or sending blessings...however we do that. I pray for peace for you, your family, and Logical. Since you're a person of faith, know he isn't and never will be alone and the same goes for you.

Reaper16 04-29-2009 03:28 PM

:(

Adept Havelock 04-29-2009 03:31 PM

Please let Logical know that his former Vice Presidential candidate sends his best wishes, and to you as well.

:(

HemiEd 04-29-2009 03:33 PM

Best wishes and prayers to you and the family. We hope he pulls through and is back on here stirring things up. Thanks for the update Junior, hang tough.

Thig Lyfe 04-29-2009 03:33 PM

Damn. Imagine the turmoil the board would be in if we had elected him CP president.

This is just awful news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

CrazyHorse 04-29-2009 03:34 PM

As I fight my owm battles with health, I understand what it is to come to terms with your life, what it means, and what you wanted to leave as your legacy.

My wish is that he is comfortable physically, mentally, and that he found satisfaction.

If he's anything like me, I know that in his mind he wants to be remembered healthy. Not sick. When you remember him, try to remember when he was his strongest, and what he represented at that time in his life. It may just be the gretaest gift you can give to a man.

God bless, Jim.

kc rush 04-29-2009 03:38 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to Jim and your entire family.

38yrsfan 04-29-2009 03:42 PM

So sorry to hear .... is there anything anyone can do? something from the board that would be meaningful to him?

Jmart 04-29-2009 03:44 PM

Very good guy. Hoping for the best.

Cannibal 04-29-2009 03:47 PM

Logical is probably my favorite poster on this board and he's a really good guy. Please accept my humble sentiments wishing him the best and hoping that he will pull through this situation.

joesomebody 04-29-2009 03:49 PM

God bless. I wish you and yours nothing but the best.

stevieray 04-29-2009 03:51 PM

Good ol Vlad...one of the orignals at the Star, ond one of the oriiginals and cornerstones of the planet...funny, witty, intelligent, logical and honorable.. a man of conviction, fortitude and principle.. a great debater, an awesome contrarion and a top notch pot stirrer. not afraid to go against and with the grain, depending on the circumstances..would pile on then turn around and stand shoulder to shoulder with meme against all takers...

He could be proud, arrogant and abrasive...we would tease him about his wealth, but he could back it up and he had reason to be proud.. a beautiful home, a successful career and his children..he shined when talking about his kids, the emotion would come through, even though it was through a somewhat impersonal medium..

He was a giver, and he cared....always the first to donate to Kyle, always the first to write a check to 37Forever... even though work wouldn't permit his atrendance, I truly know he wanted to be there.. He made it out to the first planet tailgate..I remember being surprised how tall he was ..I'm glad I got a pic of us togehter...the last time you could tell he wasn't feeling well...but there he was, travleing while sick just to meet and hang with the planet...

He called me a few years ago, saw something in a post that concerned him..just to see if everything was ok...I'll never forget that as long as I live...we agreed and disagreed on many things, but he made me think and he defintely kept me on my toes...hell..all of us..I miss and will miss him very much. I'm fortunate and blessed to call him my friend

May God Bless you and keep you and your family Jimbo. Welcome home my friend. Welcome home.

AZChief 04-29-2009 03:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your father's condition and pray for a speedy recovery.

When I lost my father, the outpouring from the Notre Dame Football message board (where he was a "regular") was amazing and really helped my family get through a trying time.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours...

D

Hydrae 04-29-2009 03:55 PM

Jim was (is) one of my favorite posters. Be sure to let him know he will be missed around here.

Thanks for letting us know the situation. Don't be a stranger yourself!

kstater 04-29-2009 03:58 PM

Wow. Thoughts and prayers to Logical and his family.

Mr. Krab 04-29-2009 04:00 PM

So sorry. :deevee:

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2009 04:00 PM

He gave me my first neg rep,he'll always be remembered by the people of Chiefs Planet. This is sad anytime we lose a member of the community. Feels like you're losing a member of your own family. May God be with you Vlad.

RNR 04-29-2009 04:01 PM

This is the last thing your Dad said to me "Happy Thanksgiving to one of the nicest Raider fans I sort of know" I took that as a compliment :). I have always got along with your Dad and hope he beats the odds. If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!

Stewie 04-29-2009 04:01 PM

Prayers your way.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-29-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5726550)
This is the last thing your Dad said to me "Happy Thanksgiving to one of the nicest Raider fans I sort of know" I took that as a compliment :). I have always got along with your Dad and hope he beats the odds. If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!

He'll be the charter member.

KC Dan 04-29-2009 04:03 PM

I had the extreme pleasure to meet and spend some time talking to your dad. He is a good man and I spread my prayers and good thoughts to you, your dad and your entire family.

Joie 04-29-2009 04:09 PM

Prayers are sent. Please give him our love. Your Dad is one of the most respected members of this site.

JOhn 04-29-2009 04:16 PM

I'm deeply sorry to hear this. Not really sure what to say, kind of stunned. I know I miss him every time I post here. Always there to poke a jab at me or anyone when he thought we needed it, or even when we didn't. Some of the best conversations I have ever had were with him and the other "Nite Crew".

I never got to meet Jim, but he is the one I most wanted to meet in person. I talked to him once on the phone, when my daughter was ill, and I'll never forget his kindness. Several times when I have had troubles or whatever, Jim was always the first to express concern and offer advice etc.

You will be in my prayers, and may you find peace.

mlyonsd 04-29-2009 04:17 PM

Very sad news. Prayers to the entire family.

Frankie 04-29-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5726550)
If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!

That's for sure.

2bikemike 04-29-2009 04:19 PM

Wow, so sorry to hear this. I only met your dad once at a game in San Diego in fact I believe your were there as well. I found him to be a cool dude and had trouble believing he was the same guy postiing on here. I always enjoyed Jim's take on things and have and will miss reading his posts.

My prayers are with Jim and your family.

PastorMikH 04-29-2009 04:22 PM

Prayers going up again for you Jim. IMO, you've been one of the Planet greats!