ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293234)

Buehler445 08-07-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12356730)
I felt good enough today to get out my Weber Smokey Mountain and do a little smokin'. Did some baby back ribs, a turkey breast and a couple sausage ropes; made pit beans and "Dirty Deviled Eggs."

I use a combination of rubs from Three Pigs, Gates and some of my own stuff. Soaked the ribs overnight in apple juice and apple cider vinegar, used a mustard base to hold the dry rub. On the turkey I brined it overnight in kosher salt, sugar, soy sauce and water. I use Arthur Bryant's rub with canola oil to hold it on; beans are a secret recipe, sorry, won't share that.

All done in the Weber over hickory. Shared a lot of it with my neighbor who's going through some rough times right now. It was good to be able to get outside and do something fun again.

The eggs are not smoked, but I use this seasoning called "Todd's Dirt" over the top. I like to use that or Old Bay. The key ingredient to good deviled eggs are miracle whip, dry mustard, pickle juice, garlic powder and salt/pepper.

Today did not suck!

Good on you for helping the neighbor. There needs to be more guys like you.

jspchief 08-07-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12356744)
I smoke the smaller pork loins all the time. The meat tastes like BBQ ribs, only no bones! And the left overs go great in beans. You can shred them up in a food processor, put them in beans and tastiness occurs....

Loin or tenderloin? There's a difference, which is made even more confusing by the fact that breaded "tenderloin" sandwiches are cut from the loin, not the tenderloin.

I'm talking about the big 8-10 pound whole loin. Never smoked one before, not sure how it will come out. Doubt it will pull, but I think if I foil it early enough it will slice and stay moist.

|Zach| 08-10-2016 11:35 PM

Looks damn tasty.

MTG#10 08-19-2016 04:07 PM

I consider myself a damn fine pitmaster but I need some advice.

I have a 9 lb pork loin. Kids want pulled pork. Ive made pulled pork out of loin before in a crock pot that came out well, but it slow cooked in a baste/mop mixture.

Is there any way to smoke a pork loin without drying it out too much for pulled pork? I thought about wrapping it in bacon, but Im afraid that will prevent a good smoke ring.

Fire Me Boy! 08-19-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12376557)
I consider myself a damn fine pitmaster but I need some advice.

I have a 9 lb pork loin. Kids want pulled pork. Ive made pulled pork out of loin before in a crock pot that came out well, but it slow cooked in a baste/mop mixture.

Is there any way to smoke a pork loin without drying it out too much for pulled pork? I thought about wrapping it in bacon, but Im afraid that will prevent a good smoke ring.

I don't know how you'd make pulled pork out of loin.

KCUnited 08-19-2016 04:20 PM

Why **** up a perfectly good loin? They're kids, **** em.

***That's a figure of speech, don't actually **** them.

MTG#10 08-19-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12376563)
I don't know how you'd make pulled pork out of loin.

Google slow cooker pulled pork, there's about a hundred recipes that call for loin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12376569)
Why **** up a perfectly good loin?

I dont even really like pork loin. Only good pork loin Ive had was the kind I made pulled pork out of in a crock pot. It was given to me.

MTG#10 08-26-2016 05:09 PM

So Im going to try out my new smoker this weekend and want to smoke some ribs. Ive made ribs on my WSM at least 100 times the same exact way since I bought it back in 2005 and they've always came out great but since Im using a new smoker I want to try something different.

What I normally do is apply the rub, wrap in saran wrap and let them sit overnight in the fridge.

This time I'm thinking about soaking them in an apple juice/apple cider vinegar/Sprite mixture overnight then applying the rub the next day right before I put them in. Anyone ever tried anything similar to this?

Something else I was pondering...applesauce. Some people use mustard as a "glue" to help the rub stick. Since pork and apples go together like beef and potatoes, I was thnking about trying applesauce as a "glue" for the rub instead of mustard. Has anyone tried this or is it a horrible idea? There has to be some use for applesauce with ribs.

Fire Me Boy! 08-26-2016 05:12 PM

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

Leave it unwrapped. The fridge cool air will help the meat form a pellicle, which helps for smoke sticking to it.

I think there's too much water in applesauce, but never tried it.

Generally speaking, I'd recommend you do it exactly the way you have done it previously to help set yourself a baseline for the electric.

MTG#10 08-26-2016 05:17 PM

You're probably right about doing it the same at least the first time. How do you prep your ribs? Do you rub/sit in fridge overnight? I found the apple juice/cider vinegar/sprite idea in my pellet smoker guide but it says to do that for a butt. Wondering if there's any benefit to marinading ribs.

Fire Me Boy! 08-26-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12387697)
You're probably right about doing it the same at least the first time. How do you prep your ribs? Do you rub/sit in fridge overnight? I found the apple juice/cider vinegar/sprite idea in my pellet smoker guide but it says to do that for a butt. Wondering if there's any benefit to marinading ribs.

I never do. I slather with thin layer of mustard, rub, then put them uncovered in the fridge overnight.

Your electric is going to be able pretty moist heat, especially if you use a water pan; no spritzing necessary.

lewdog 08-26-2016 05:20 PM

I also do what FMB suggests and leave my meat uncovered in the fridge. Ribs and steak for sure. I slather mustard, put rub on and have it sit uncovered over night for ribs.

Fire Me Boy! 08-26-2016 05:22 PM

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

Would also suggest you not set any part of your house on fire. We didn't use to have to make this kind of suggestion, but one guy always ruins the fun.

Fire Me Boy! 08-26-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12387702)
I also do what FMB suggests and leave my meat uncovered in the fridge. Ribs and steak for sure. I slather mustard, put rub on and have it sit uncovered over night for ribs.

I like you. Wanna bro hug sometime?

lewdog 08-26-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12387717)
I like you. Wanna bro hug sometime?

ROFL

I think you taught me all of that. So thanks. Have my parents doing it with the steaks and my mom could not get over that having them in the fridge uncovered didn't dry them out. Once they finally did it, they couldn't believe how much tastier and juicier the steaks would come out.

jspchief 08-26-2016 08:28 PM

Google "britu" ribs. Use the rub recipe and the cooking method. You'll love it.

MTG#10 08-26-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12388185)
Google "britu" ribs. Use the rub recipe and the cooking method. You'll love it.

That's the exact recipe Ive used 100 times in my WSM I was talking about earlier. Except for the sauce, that sauce sucks. KC Masterpiece w/honey...no thanks.

MTG#10 09-03-2016 02:16 PM

Where does everyone get their smoker wood chunks? Anyone found any good deals? I just paid $9 for an 8lb bag of hickory chunks from Lowe's. Looking around on Amazon and ebay that isnt a bad deal but there's gotta be better deals out there than that.

Fire Me Boy! 09-03-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12403439)
Where does everyone get their smoker wood chunks? Anyone found any good deals? I just paid $9 for an 8lb bag of hickory chunks from Lowe's. Looking around on Amazon and ebay that isnt a bad deal but there's gotta be better deals out there than that.

Haven't in a long time, but I used to order from www.barbecuewood.com.

Nickhead 09-03-2016 05:45 PM

smoking: weed

grilling: the kids

bbq'ing: chicken

:D

gblowfish 09-03-2016 05:47 PM

Tomorrow on the Weber Smokey Mountain:
1 Rack St. Louis Style Baby Back Pork Ribs
1 Pork Tenderloin
1 Turkey Breast
3 Chicken Breast
1 Rope Beef Sausage
1 pot of bbq beans

Nickhead 09-03-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12403439)

i get my hickory chunks from barbecues galore. 30 bucks for a 5 pound bag :deevee: (hickory is not native to australia, that i know of)

Fire Me Boy! 09-25-2016 12:15 PM

Burgers, salted rib eyes, and brined pork chops. Also posted in the dinner thread.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9dcd1046ec.jpg

And done.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4fa28fa5c8.jpg

I don't think I've ever smoked pork chops before. They came out perfect, and the brine did a spectacular job of seasoning them and keeping them super moist.

One of the rib eyes came out a little rare, but the other was perfect. I'll just use the rare one for leftovers so it shouldn't be overcooked once I reheat it.

suzzer99 09-27-2016 11:56 AM

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...03327979_o.jpg

It's only a matter of time before some hipster brings back BBQed possum, groundhog and raccoon. Or have they already?

MOhillbilly 09-27-2016 12:22 PM

Tried some brats from Clarks in St. Joe and gotta give them a nod. Lots of varieties. Lots of bacon as well including beef bacon.

MOhillbilly 09-27-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12446285)
Burgers, salted rib eyes, and brined pork chops. Also posted in the dinner thread.

And done.

I don't think I've ever smoked pork chops before. They came out perfect, and the brine did a spectacular job of seasoning them and keeping them super moist.

One of the rib eyes came out a little rare, but the other was perfect. I'll just use the rare one for leftovers so it shouldn't be overcooked once I reheat it.

I brine whole loins. Its the only way.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-27-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12452938)
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...03327979_o.jpg

It's only a matter of time before some hipster brings back BBQed possum, groundhog and raccoon. Or have they already?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GyRaggBKUk...-+grilling.JPG

MOhillbilly 09-27-2016 12:31 PM

mmmm head on is my favorite

BigRedChief 09-27-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12446285)

And done.

nice!

suzzer99 09-27-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12453005)

How's it taste?

KCUnited 10-02-2016 02:47 PM

Smoking a whole chicken (to use in enchiladas later) and some Scotch eggs. BBQ glazed on the far left.

Chifws!!!

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...psnyk5jbpy.jpg

Got the egg a little more done than I intended, so I'll have to play around with my cook times.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...psjya4thx0.jpg

BigRedChief 10-02-2016 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Doing stable meats. Costco chicken thighs to use in recipes and a whole pork loin. Injected the meat, rubbed em down and marinated them in the fridge for 24 hours. Then slow smoked with apple and oak wood chips.

BigRedChief 10-02-2016 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished product

gblowfish 10-02-2016 04:19 PM

I made jerk chicken in the crock pot.
I like to jerk my chicken occasionally.

R Clark 10-02-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12460501)
I made jerk chicken in the crock pot.
I like to jerk my chicken occasionally.

What's better jerkin or chockin that old chicken

gblowfish 10-02-2016 04:23 PM

Jerk chicken isn't as messy.

GloryDayz 10-08-2016 03:25 PM

What this pork shoulder looked like at around Noon just before a wrapped it and put it back on. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3b34633f16.jpg

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

listopencil 10-08-2016 04:31 PM

Hopefully some Falcon. We'll see.

Nickhead 10-08-2016 10:13 PM

smoker build...

4 Attachment(s)
so i have a cheap offset smoker (with mods, pic provided) i have been using, but unless its hot out there is a lot of heat loss. had a bunch of bricks laying around so i thought i would make my own.

this is just a mock up of it. will have to mortar it obviously, and then maybe line the fire box with 1/4 steel. you will notice, i have offset some bricks for rack placement. and i will need to figure a way to have access to lower racks when full. total capacity i would say around 10 chickens or more will fit on this mock up. i do have more bricks, but it was getting quite tall at this point.

MTG#10 10-09-2016 08:50 AM

Doing a couple tri tips today. Im gonna try barbecuing them instead of grilling for the fist time. 250 on the trusty WSM with hickory until they hit 130 then sear directly over the hot coals.

Fire Me Boy! 10-13-2016 09:47 AM

If anyone's been waiting to pull the trigger on an electric smoker, Amazon has the 30-inch Masterbuilt on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SKO7C18...-20&ascsubtag=[t|link[p|1787747807[a|B00SKO7C18[au|5727177402741770316[b|deals

mikeyis4dcats. 10-13-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12472757)
so i have a cheap offset smoker (with mods, pic provided) i have been using, but unless its hot out there is a lot of heat loss. had a bunch of bricks laying around so i thought i would make my own.

this is just a mock up of it. will have to mortar it obviously, and then maybe line the fire box with 1/4 steel. you will notice, i have offset some bricks for rack placement. and i will need to figure a way to have access to lower racks when full. total capacity i would say around 10 chickens or more will fit on this mock up. i do have more bricks, but it was getting quite tall at this point.

you need firebrick on the inside. regular bricks will not stand up to the heat.

Nickhead 10-13-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12481078)
you need firebrick on the inside. regular bricks will not stand up to the heat.

i intend to insulate the fire box, but we are in discussions as to whether as a slow cooker, the cook chamber needs 'fireproofing'. doing a road trip to sydney today. gonna get heat resistant mortar, and looking into fire bricks.

just browsing video builds i have seen many made simply of brick, but i don't want to get it built and after ten cooks it crumbles.

ETA: http://www.fieldfurnace.com.au/fire-...a-based-c-1_5/

think i may start here for the bricks.

Nickhead 10-18-2016 12:15 AM

unsure of smoker dynamics... advice...

1 Attachment(s)
so the drawing is an offset smoker out of bricks. where would you place the chimney exhaust? in my original, where the red line is, or somewhere different?

GloryDayz 10-18-2016 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12491024)
so the drawing is an offset smoker out of bricks. where would you place the chimney exhaust? in my original, where the red line is, or somewhere different?

I've seen them at the top, near the bottom, and just above/at/below the grate level, and I've had the best results from those where the stack extends into the smoker and is just above the grates.

tooge 10-18-2016 08:35 AM

Just curious, but why an offset design? You could easily build a vertical brick smoker with either bricks or a steel plate between the fire and the food (with a small opening of course for smoke/heat) or you could put a rack in for a water pan between the fire and food. I've used different offset designs and different vertical designs over the years, and I've always turned out better results with vertical because the heat is so much more even throughout

tooge 10-18-2016 08:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
like these. I plan to eventually have one like the one that is open faced and have the side, which I think is intended for wood storage, to use as a pizza oven/roaster

threebag 10-18-2016 09:15 AM

I had one like pictures on the left tooge. Briskets were unbelievable. Way better than the professional i use now. It helped me master burnt ends too. It's really how i cut my teeth in BBQ.

Nickhead 10-18-2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 12491234)
Just curious, but why an offset design? You could easily build a vertical brick smoker with either bricks or a steel plate between the fire and the food (with a small opening of course for smoke/heat) or you could put a rack in for a water pan between the fire and food. I've used different offset designs and different vertical designs over the years, and I've always turned out better results with vertical because the heat is so much more even throughout

i dont want to spend any money on steel lined doors and hinges in concrete. plus having my thin sheeted metal offset, i realize the food will be five times better and efficient with the brick insulation. to boot, you cannot create enough smoke without too much heat in a vertical. this is purely for smoking, no pizza's, nothing hot.

aaaaaaand... i am only working with the materials i have on hand :D

now for my disclaimer: i have never used a vertical so i may not know what i am talking about :D

Nickhead 10-18-2016 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 12491259)
like these. I plan to eventually have one like the one that is open faced and have the side, which I think is intended for wood storage, to use as a pizza oven/roaster

im going for a little more redneck than that but those look nice.

Nickhead 10-18-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12491079)
I've seen them at the top, near the bottom, and just above/at/below the grate level, and I've had the best results from those where the stack extends into the smoker and is just above the grates.

on my cheap offset, i modded it to stretch down to grate level. i gain about 15 F with it. i have a pseudo deflector plate just at the chamber entry too. :D

i think my dilemma is that i will have several rack heights. i assume in this scenario, very bottom would be ideal?

GloryDayz 10-19-2016 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12492540)
on my cheap offset, i modded it to stretch down to grate level. i gain about 15 F with it. i have a pseudo deflector plate just at the chamber entry too. :D

i think my dilemma is that i will have several rack heights. i assume in this scenario, very bottom would be ideal?

Agree. Then it's just a matter of learning the heat zones to what you're smoking.

tooge 10-19-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12492534)
i dont want to spend any money on steel lined doors and hinges in concrete. plus having my thin sheeted metal offset, i realize the food will be five times better and efficient with the brick insulation. to boot, you cannot create enough smoke without too much heat in a vertical. this is purely for smoking, no pizza's, nothing hot.

aaaaaaand... i am only working with the materials i have on hand :D

now for my disclaimer: i have never used a vertical so i may not know what i am talking about :D

You actually get more smoke with less heat in a vertical, and the temps are more uniform throughout the unit. A horizontal cooker will have a high heat area next to the firebox and a cool side closer to the chimney. In addition, you will have smoke draw above the food on the cooler side (heat and smoke rise). In a vertical, all the heat rises, and while it may be a tad higher near the bottom, it will be very minimal, especially in a brick insulated unit. In addition, all of the smoke passes over lower and upper grates, so you get even smoke. In competition bbq, most of the guys use vertical units for the meat they turn in. It's just more predictable.

Fire Me Boy! 11-20-2016 10:57 AM

Just put a few pounds of chicken wings on the PBC for the Chiefs game.

GloryDayz 11-20-2016 04:08 PM

Did some turkey smoking from the scouts. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...18f1639f44.jpg

Dinny Bossa Nova 11-20-2016 05:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Brisket, smoked bacon-wrapped scallops and pasta salad.

Fire Me Boy! 11-20-2016 05:29 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...785e955053.jpg

Dinny Bossa Nova 11-20-2016 05:32 PM

And a bacon explosion. (not pictured)

Dinny

BigRedChief 12-11-2016 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No game today so I decided to thaw out some frozen Costco chicken thighs and smoke them to have some future meat for reciepes.

BigRedChief 12-11-2016 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying some dehydrated onions on them just because, why not try something new.

GloryDayz 12-11-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12611505)
No game today so I decided to thaw out some frozen Costco chicken thighs and smoke them to have some future meat for reciepes.

What time do I show up?

GloryDayz 12-11-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12611508)

Did they re-hydrate with the water pan's output?

kstater 12-11-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12611508)

I use dehydrated onions on my brisket rub. Like the change of pace on the bark with it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BigRedChief 12-11-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 12611711)
I use dehydrated onions on my brisket rub. Like the change of pace on the bark with it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

first time for me. Glad to hear of good results in the past. Worried about screwing up some good meat, that's why I went with Costco chicken thighs for a first attempt.

BigRedChief 12-11-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12611522)
What time do I show up?

its ready.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/363/3...0dbde2f9_m.jpg
https://www.flickr.com/gp/dmor13/7RMi90

eDave 12-11-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12612057)

http://c8.staticflickr.com/1/591/315...cf57eae7_z.jpg

GloryDayz 12-11-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12612057)

Looks awesome... How did it turn out? Need to hear what the neighbors said, they're usually pretty good feedback.

BigRedChief 12-11-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12612994)
Looks awesome... How did it turn out? Need to hear what the neighbors said, they're usually pretty good feedback.

turned out good. the onion didn't overpower the rub on the bark or smoke in the meat. Just added another wrinkle to the depth of taste. Going to try it on some good meat next time.

In58men 12-18-2016 10:06 AM

8 lb bone-in pork butt for sammiches.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...1f4caa35b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryDayz 12-18-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12623770)
8 lb bone-in pork butt for sammiches.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...1f4caa35b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one in the crock pot... I'm not sure even the electric smoker get to 190 today...

MahiMike 12-18-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12567352)

Same here

In58men 12-18-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12625028)
I've got one in the crock pot... I'm not sure even the electric smoker get to 190 today...

It's 47 degrees here and I'm struggling to get my WSM to 325. All vents wide open.

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2017 07:10 AM

I've been in Alabama since 2010, and yesterday for the very first time, I found a whole brisket. All I can ever find around here is flat cut, and they usually run about $6-$7 per pound. Well, Costco had whole briskets yesterday (prime grade, too) for $2.99/pound. So I put it in the Pit Barrel this morning with some hickory and apple wood.

GloryDayz 03-19-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12789234)
I've been in Alabama since 2010, and yesterday for the very first time, I found a whole brisket. All I can ever find around here is flat cut, and they usually run about $6-$7 per pound. Well, Costco had whole briskets yesterday (prime grade, too) for $2.99/pound. So I put a smoker on the Pit Barrel this morning with some hickory and apple wood.

What does "smoker on the pit barrel" mean?

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12789238)
What does "smoker on the pit barrel" mean?

Not sure what I was trying to say there..... I think it was supposed to be "So I put it on the Pit Barrel".

GloryDayz 03-19-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12789250)
Not sure what I was trying to say there..... I think it was supposed to be "So I put it on the Pit Barrel".

Ah. I saw the cut in the other thread, on a pan, we might need to see the smoker now.

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12789261)
Ah. I saw the cut in the other thread, on a pan, we might need to see the smoker now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bfd1cab699.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...56dba1487f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...98856832de.jpg

GloryDayz 03-19-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12789295)

That's a nice looking smoker. What do the two pieces or rebar do at the top? Hang ribs from/over?

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12789310)
That's a nice looking smoker. What do the two pieces or rebar do at the top? Hang ribs from/over?

Usually you'd take the grate out and hang. I just didn't want to hang the brisket. They also help with temperature control.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3fa6f98bff.jpg
(not my pic)

GloryDayz 03-19-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12789314)
Usually you'd take the grate out and hang. I just didn't want to hang the brisket. They also help with temperature control.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3fa6f98bff.jpg
(not my pic)

Sweet... I like it, a lot..