ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaking down Alex Smith: From a doubter to a believer (long) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271977)

keg in kc 04-10-2013 10:10 PM

As far as Trent Green goes, if you combine any Chiefs defense from the last couple of years with the offense from that 2002 or 2003 squad, we're probably talking about a team that at least gets the team to the AFC championship. All they ever needed was a defense that wasn't historically inept.

I don't think Alex Smith is even close to Trent Green, however.

BossChief 04-10-2013 10:13 PM

Typical

Before the trade: I want no part of Alex Smith for even a third rounder

Right after the trade: meh, I'm starting to warm up to the trade.

A month later: I'm so glad we got Alex Smith when we could

A couple weeks before the draft: this guy looks better and better the more I imagine him in a Chiefs jersey

Thickening

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-10-2013 10:26 PM

The only thing that makes Smith bearable is that we are not tied to him like we were with Cassel. Smith is the "Missouri Compromise 2013" between Reid, Dorsey, and Hunt. He's not(hopefully)going to be or look completely inept out there and will give Charles some breathing space. When he starts to slide, I guarantee Dorsey will have a legit prospect ready to take over, and his name will NOT be Chase "I'm here to sell a few cheap seats" Daniel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 04-10-2013 10:36 PM

he watched the tape from 2012? and he spent 8 hours doing it and now he thinks Alex is more like rodgers than cassel?

ok bro.....

I really hope youre right, or at least pass the joint

Thig Lyfe 04-10-2013 10:39 PM

No.

wazu 04-10-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9576933)
As far as Trent Green goes, if you combine any Chiefs defense from the last couple of years with the offense from that 2002 or 2003 squad, we're probably talking about a team that at least gets the team to the AFC championship. All they ever needed was a defense that wasn't historically inept.

I don't think Alex Smith is even close to Trent Green, however.

On your first point I agree, but that offense was a dream with Holmes, Roaf, Shields, Gonzalez. Trent Green was very good, so it was altogether outstanding. I was always a fan of Trent Green. But he wasn't a franchise QB. He could have done his thing for another 7 years and never would have even been a discussion for Hall of Fame. I want the superstar QB, nothing less.

And to those saying Alex Smith isn't even close to Trent Green - I'm not so sure. You put him on that 2003 team, assume he plays at his 2012 form...whose to say? Neither of them takes us to the promised land so I really don't care.

BossChief 04-10-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9576967)
The only thing that makes Smith bearable is that we are not tied to him like we were with Cassel. Smith is the "Missouri Compromise 2013" between Reid, Dorsey, and Hunt. He's not(hopefully)going to be or look completely inept out there and will give Charles some breathing space. When he starts to slide, I guarantee Dorsey will have a legit prospect ready to take over, and his name will NOT be Chase "I'm here to sell a few cheap seats" Daniel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassel didn't sign his extension until mid July.

Ming the Merciless 04-10-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9576989)

And to those saying Alex Smith isn't even close to Trent Green - I'm not so sure.

I'm sure....alex smith will never even come close to being the qb that green was

2 different animals

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-10-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9576992)
Cassel didn't sign his extension until mid July.

Smith will not be handed the keys, that I guara****ingtee you.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan 04-10-2013 10:50 PM

He's our guy.

wazu 04-10-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9577004)
Smith will not be handed the keys, that I guara****ingtee you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you miss the part where we basically traded a first round pick to get him? And then Andy Reid confessed he's had man love for him for years? And said he is going to try to get Alex in the Hall of Fame?

L.A. Chieffan 04-10-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9577012)
Did you miss the part where we basically traded a first round pick to get him? And then Andy Reid confessed he's had man love for him for years? And said he is going to try to get Alex in the Hall of Fame?

yup, might as well go get your Alex Smith jerseys now people because he's not going anywhere for a LONG time.

CrazyPhuD 04-10-2013 10:55 PM

I think I'd rather play hide the eel in the sphincter rather than read that....

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-10-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9577012)

Dude, if you think clark and Dorsey are going to just ease back and accept another Casselian effort, you are out of your goddamned mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-10-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9577019)
yup, might as well go get your Alex Smith jerseys now people because he's not going anywhere for a LONG time.

Is he your new boy now?
Posted via Mobile Device