ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Veach, Big Red, et al. Kudos Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324849)

Pitt Gorilla 09-04-2019 04:22 PM

Veach, Big Red, et al. Kudos Thread

I haven't always been the biggest supporter of Veach or his moves (Hunt situation, TE2), but he seems to have really set the team up nicely going into the season.

1) Hunt situation is essentially fixed. He drafted Darwin, who looks incredible, and pulled Shady off the scrap pile. That's a huge win.

2) TE2 looks pretty solid. People may not love Bell and/or Yelder, but I think they'll be more than competent at the spot, assuming they stay healthy. If not, they have a couple of guys on the PS ready to play and a strong developmental possibility on IR.

3) The D-line is strong and deep. Not sure I have to write much about this, but I love the depth here.

4) The offensive weapons, across the board, are insane. Hardman was a brilliant pick for this offense.

5) Defensive back is more than serviceable. Going into last season, everyone knew our back five (or so) was hot garbage. Veach fixed the safety issue and brought in an affordable replacement for Nelson.

I'm content. I no longer feel a need to worry about RB, TE, or even safety. Our D-line is good to go and our o-line has some depth, at least on the interior. Let's roll.

Prison Bitch 09-04-2019 04:25 PM

Don’t get ahead of yourself. IF we go 9-7 you’ll wish you’d never started this one.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-04-2019 04:32 PM

Bitch probably couldn't name 10 guys on the team..

Pitt Gorilla 09-04-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14423595)
Don’t get ahead of yourself. IF we go 9-7 you’ll wish you’d never started this one.

Disagree. I’m happy with the preparation, regardless of the outcome.

Prison Bitch 09-04-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14423605)
Disagree. I’m happy with the preparation, regardless of the outcome.

“It’s a process” - Moneyball

Just saying tho, if Foles packs our shit with tons of deep passes you won’t be liking our inabaility to address CB.

Coochie liquor 09-04-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14423628)
“It’s a process” - Moneyball

Just saying tho, if Foles packs our shit with tons of deep passes you won’t be liking our inabaility to address CB.

If we win the SB this season will you then suck off Veach for accomplishing winning it despite not having a pro bowler at every position?

chinaski 09-04-2019 05:42 PM

Sutton was fired. That's a HUGE win right there.

Skyy God 09-04-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14423682)
If we win the SB this season will you then suck off Veach for accomplishing winning it despite not having a pro bowler at every position?

Nah, he’ll just continue to be his miserable **** self.

smithandrew051 09-04-2019 06:25 PM

If we go 9-7, it won’t just be an issue with the corners. Reid has taken much worse teams to 10-6 in KC.

This is the best roster Reid has had since he’s been here. 9-7 means that several things (likely out of Veach’s control) went very wrong.

New World Order 09-04-2019 06:49 PM

I think it's Kados