ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do you sometimes get sad about how unhealthy Andy Reid is? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316383)

Randallflagg 07-22-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13638886)
Dude is obese in a highly stressful job that requires working in tough weather conditions at times (hot sun / freezing cold) and some level physical effort as well, as he is on his feet quite a bit. And he’s 60.

He has every resource at his fingertips; world class nutritionists, world class trainers, world class gym equipment, millions of dollars, and on and on.

He’s had some tough things happen in his life, with his children and all. But wouldn’t you think he’d be motivated to make healthy changes?

Kinda makes me sad for him. And for us - he can’t keep doing this forever, Especially in his current state.

Why would I (or anyone) feel "sad" for Reid? He's a grown man. And, believe it or not, some folks are just "big". Does the thought of a 315 pound lineman make you "sad"?

Randallflagg 07-22-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 13638932)
Access to unlimited Philly cheesesteak will do that to a person

:clap:

South Philly cheesesteaks will KILL you….but you WILL die with a smile on your face. :thumb:

Dante84 07-22-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13638953)
Half the country is obese. Food companies have convinced Americans that 6 billon grams of sugar per day is normal. It's never surprising to see a fat American. Especially a wealthy one. What is somewhat surprising are the people on welfare who are 200 lbs overweight.

That’s interesting, because the cheapest foods are the unhealthiest, and the healthy foods are expensive.

I’m not at all surprised to see unhealthy poor people.

Dante84 07-22-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13638956)
Why would I (or anyone) feel "sad" for Reid? He's a grown man. And, believe it or not, some folks are just "big". Does the thought of a 315 pound lineman make you "sad"?

Sometimes, yeah.

I grew up like five doors down from Will Shields (wasn’t fat); but he seemed to always be in pain.

He said once that the worst thing you can do to a lineman in real life is give them a hard handshake, because their hands are in so much pain.

Different subject, I guess, but yeah. It’s got to suck carrying around all the extra goo.

Flying High D 07-22-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13638950)

If he would of brought ribs he would still be here.

Dante84 07-22-2018 11:19 AM

Welp, just saw Tony Sparano died. This was timely I guess.

Why Not? 07-22-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13638976)
Welp, just saw Tony Sparano died. This was timely I guess.

It's kind of surprising any of those guys live past 60

BigRedChief 07-22-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13638936)
I get sad posting on a message board for a team that hasn't won a championship in nearly 5 decades.

we have no real choice as fans. We can give up. Stop following etc. but, it is forbidden to switch teams because your team sucks. Basic fan 101.

We are stuck together with the rise and fall of our team.

BigRedChief 07-22-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13638988)
It's kind of surprising any of those guys live past 60

i’ve lost 100 lbs so far but, thanks for thinking of me. :)

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-22-2018 11:38 AM

Rex Ryan dropped the weight. I do wish reid would do the same just because I want him around through the end of Mahomes HOF career.

But hey, he's a big ole teddy Bear and the players love him.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-22-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13639012)

That's awesome.:clap:

Do we need to get a mod to change your user name to LittleRedChief ?

Why Not? 07-22-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13639012)

I mean NFL coaches, not overweight guys. But congrats on the 100. That's awesome!

stumppy 07-22-2018 12:03 PM

Nope, not at all.

Just think about the teams drive to win a SuperBowl for their dear departed coach if Andy were to drop dead during the season.:D

Eat up Andy, eat up.:D

RaidersOftheCellar 07-22-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 13638960)
That’s interesting, because the cheapest foods are the unhealthiest, and the healthy foods are expensive.

I’m not at all surprised to see unhealthy poor people.

I was just talking about fatness. Eating a big grass-fed burger might be less likely to give him cancer than a Big Mac, but it won't make him any less fat.

Someone below poverty level shouldn't be able to eat a huge amount of anything. Although, sugar is far and away the biggest factor. They're probably spending half their food stamps on Always Save cola.

Dante84 07-22-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13639062)
I was just talking about fatness. Eating a big grass-fed burger might be less likely to give him cancer than a Big Mac, but it won't make him any less fat.

Someone below poverty level shouldn't be able to eat a huge amount of anything. Although, sugar is far and away the biggest factor. They're probably spending half their food stamps on Always Save cola.

Well sure, if you’re looking at the same food type, and calorie count, then yes the fatness will be the same.

That said, the wealthy person has the financial ability to purchase healthier food because their income provides more options. When you have three dollars in your pocket, and you need to feel full for the day, you can’t get a 10 dollar salad from a sit down restaurant where you need to tip.

You hit the dollar menu at a drive through.