ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   When learning to drive.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=62565)

Bearcat 06-20-2003 04:10 PM

When learning to drive....

... did you ever hit anything?

ROFL

ChiTown 06-20-2003 04:13 PM

ROFL

:spock:

KCWolfman 06-20-2003 04:13 PM

Kinda, but it wasn't a real person. It was an Avalanche fan. The City of Detroit sent me a thank you card and season tix.

Hydrae 06-20-2003 04:14 PM

:cuss:

Like I need this with a daughter who is almost 16! Thanks :huh:

RealSNR 06-20-2003 04:14 PM

A bong :bong:

Zebedee DuBois 06-20-2003 04:16 PM

Slayer hit all of those?

Eric Draven 06-20-2003 04:20 PM

Nothing, although I failed my first attempt at the on-road test...

CosmicPal 06-20-2003 04:25 PM

Before learning to drive, a friend of mine were highly anxious at the time to drive a car. So, we hopped into my brother's Ford Pinto and tried to drive it up Antioch.

At that time, Antioch was just a two-lane road with very minimal traffic. Anyhoo, we tried to crest the hill, but the Pinto ended up going back down the hill in reverse. We were fifteen and yelling, but we made it out alive...I then waited until I learned to drive.

PastorMikH 06-20-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ENDelt260
What did S1ayer hit? C'mon, don't leave us in suspense.

I'll second that one!

(Now that it is out on the BB, I guess this means we won't be seeing Slayer for a day or two);):D

Bearcat 06-20-2003 04:37 PM

Sorry.... had to make dinner

Apparently, he hit a house in my dad's car.... Haven't seen the car yet, but he said it was just a scrape on the side of the car, and the rearview mirror was popped out. You'll have to get the details from Slayer....

I don't know how exactly he accomplished this, but it got to the point where he said "Come on, most people hit something when learning to drive", so I thought I'd see if that little piece of BS was true.

PastorMikH 06-20-2003 04:38 PM

HE HIT A HOUSE!!! HOW IN THE WORLD DID HE NOT SEE A HOUSE???

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Zebedee DuBois 06-20-2003 04:43 PM

This is one of the many reasons men don't live as long as women. S1ayer's dad would probably like to strangle the kid. But since it is his own kid, he has to push some of that emotion down deep inside.

Slayer Diablo 06-20-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PastorMikH

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I made a turn that was a little too wide and ended up in the left lane. When I was getting back into the left lane, I turned the wheel too much and got on the sidewalk. While attempting to hit the break, my leg was pushing on the wheel and caused me to turn right and into the house. Other than the side-view mirror, the only damage is under the right headlight....some dents, scrapes, and two small holes where the brick punctured the metal. :banghead: :banghead: :doh!:

Hydrae 06-20-2003 05:16 PM

Something to assist with the police report:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/diags...56150863_b.png

Bearcat 06-20-2003 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hydrae

ROFL

PastorMikH 06-20-2003 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slayer Diablo

I made a turn that was a little too wide and ended up in the left lane. When I was getting back into the left lane, I turned the wheel too much and got on the sidewalk. While attempting to hit the break, my leg was pushing on the wheel and caused me to turn right and into the house. Other than the side-view mirror, the only damage is under the right headlight....some dents, scrapes, and two small holes where the brick punctured the metal. :banghead: :banghead: :doh!:

Gotta give you credit, at least you showed up to face the music.:thumb:

So, is this little incident big enough for you to get demoted back to the parking lot - or will it bust you all the way back down to a Huffy?

PastorMikH 06-20-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL

chief52 06-20-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Gotta give you credit, at least you showed up to face the music.:thumb:

So, is this little incident big enough for you to get demoted back to the parking lot - or will it bust you all the way back down to a Huffy?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think he may have topped out on the Huffy...;)

PastorMikH 06-20-2003 05:30 PM

So Slayer, you wouldn't have been lucky enough for this to have been your house would you? It be bad if you ran into a complete stranger's house. Shoot it'd be even worse if you ran into a niegbor's house and had to endure all the niegbors pointing, laughing and installing concrete retaining walls to protect their homes from the kid down the street.:)

RealSNR 06-20-2003 05:35 PM

Let's hope Slayer never drives anything larger than a clown car ROFL

Bearcat 06-20-2003 05:36 PM

No, it was in Platte City, about 20 minutes from where we live.

Not sure if they talked to the owner of the house or not.... I know they filed the one-car accident report though.

Skip Towne 06-20-2003 05:41 PM

Slayer was probably pontificating on a deep subject and was distracted. (Tell that story, Slayer, and stick with it).

JOhn 06-20-2003 05:47 PM

Quote:

I made a turn that was a little too wide and ended up in the left lane. When I was getting back into the left lane, I turned the wheel too much and got on the sidewalk. While attempting to hit the break, my leg was pushing on the wheel and caused me to turn right and into the house. Other than the side-view mirror, the only damage is under the right headlight....some dents, scrapes, and two small holes where the brick punctured the metal.

:LOL: ROFL ROFL :LOL:

Oh man, I literally spewed Mt Dew over that :eek: :D ROFL

Slayer Diablo 06-20-2003 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skip Towne
Slayer was probably pontificating on a deep subject and was distracted. (Tell that story, Slayer, and stick with it).
There was a truck in the left lane that made me panic a little bit, which got me on the sidewalk......the rest of the story is at the bottom of the first page.

Hydrae 06-20-2003 05:50 PM

I really do have to give big time props to Slayer for showing up here and owning up to this whole thing! :toast: :thumb:

JOhn 06-20-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

I really do have to give big time props to Slayer for showing up here and owning up to this whole thing! :toast: :thumb:
True, but he also really didn't have a choice thanks to Bearcats prompt reporting. ROFL :LOL: :thumb:

DrNick 06-20-2003 05:54 PM

Quote:

ROFL

That's a classic.

Slayer Diablo 06-20-2003 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

More like this...... Except the sidewalk was much skinnier

Bearcat 06-20-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JOhn

True, but he also really didn't have a choice thanks to Bearcats prompt reporting. ROFL :LOL: :thumb:

Well, after the thread a few days ago in which Slayer wanted me to let him drive on the highway.....

PastorMikH 06-20-2003 06:11 PM

Quote:

More like this...... Except the sidewalk was much skinnier

THAT'LL TEACH THEM TO NOT BUILD HOUSES RIGHT ON THE STREET!!!

:D

Skip Towne 06-20-2003 06:24 PM

Wouldn't you think they would know better than to build a house right where Slayer is trying to drive?

Bucs Girl 06-20-2003 06:42 PM

you think thats bad I would come home after a night on the town
and one time the mailbox was under my suv and about 4or 5 times after that I would drive the kids to the bus and I always
took out one of the naighbors mailbox :D

Phobia 06-20-2003 09:56 PM

How in the heck did I miss this thread?

I don't even have anything witty to add. Imagine that. Speechless.

RealSNR 06-20-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phobia
How in the heck did I miss this thread?

I don't even have anything witty to add. Imagine that. Speechless.

Must be the baby, eh Phil?

morphius 06-20-2003 10:10 PM

Riding a bike, didn't wreck. Riding a motorcycle (13) I didn't have any problems, driving a car (16) no problem. 4 wheeler, no problem.

But when I was maybe 10 my uncles stuck me on a three wheeler. So I'm just driving in big cicrcles trying to understand how the thing drives, I have never drove anything with a motor. After going around a few times one of the uncles yells out for me to give it some more gas, I give it a bit too much. As I panic hitting the break I never release the accelerator. Now anyone who has driven one may remember that the breaks didn't do anything with the throttle turned. Very embarasingly, I actually hit the broad side of a barn.

Morphius
Still gets **** about that one.

Rain Man 06-20-2003 10:11 PM

Chin up, Slayer. Those things happen.

In 1979, I had a Mr. Misty on my dash on my way home from work at the Dairy Queen. (Yes, that Dairy Queen, ENDelt. My picture's on the wall there, by the way.) I made a left turn, and learned that inertia will make a Mr. Misty slide. A quick lunge, a loss of control, and suddenly I was up on a high curb. Tore the brakes out from under the car, but I never told my parents. When my dad noticed that the car had no brakes, I just shrugged. That was about two weeks after I got my license, and I was just lucky I didn't hit anyone or anything.

Frazod 06-20-2003 10:13 PM

Shortly after I got my license, I hit another car. Barely.

I was stopped at an intersection and a big truck was making a left turn in front of me. He was close, and at the time I had no concept of where the front of the vehicle ended. I thought the truck was going to hit me, which would be BAD, because I was in a Vega.

So I threw the car into reverse and smacked the vehicle behind me. Did no damage to my car, but I did have to replace the other car's license plate holder.

Other than that, the only collision I was ever involved in where I was driving was one I got in deliberately, so I guess you can't really call it an "accident." :D

Phobia 06-20-2003 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by frazod
Other than that, the only collision I was ever involved in where I was driving was one I got in deliberately, so I guess you can't really call it an "accident." :D
Oh, do tell, Mr. Riley.

Frazod 06-20-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

Oh, do tell, Mr. Riley.

I was chasing my arch-enemy through the streets of Kirksville. I got beside him on a two lane, one-way street and swerved ahead in front of him (my motivation being to stop him so I could drag him out of his car and kick his ass).

Now, in the movies, when this happens, the other vehicle stops before hitting your car.

But real life ain't a movie.

In real life, you cut in front of the other vehicle, and IT HITS YOU. And it's your fault. And you just happen to be directly in front of the POLICE STATION. And you have to pay to repair the prick's car. And your insurance rates go up.

:cuss:

Of course, the following week I did get the guy out of his car and beat the shit out of him, in front of all my friends and all his friends, so that certainly took the sting out of it.

Frazod 06-20-2003 10:45 PM

Would someone explain to me why this particular thread is stuck at the top? :spock:

papasmurf 06-20-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

Would someone explain to me why this particular thread is stuck at the top? :spock:
good question

Logical 06-20-2003 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slayer Andretti

This is the kind of thing they put in the movies and we all laugh our asses off over because it could NEVER happen.

Obviously we have not met Slaya Andretti!

BIG_DADDY 06-20-2003 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Logical

This is the kind of thing they put in the movies and we all laugh our asses off over because it could NEVER happen.

Obviously we have not met Slaya Andretti!

I agree, I'm never getting in a car with that knucklehead. Imagine him with a cell phone trying to change radio stations.

BIG K 06-20-2003 11:47 PM

Had my first 'accident' three months ago......

In a drunken stuper, I was moving my truck out of the driveway and into the garage when I nailed a friends 'Rodeo'.....That cost me $1,300 bucks! ****ing foreign cars!!!!!:grr: :banghead: :cuss:

KcMizzou 06-20-2003 11:56 PM

on my first "practice run", I hit a trash can in the alley behind our house. No damage, but my dad laughed at me and gave me alot of sh*t about it.

Thank God we didn't have the internet in those days. ;)

PastorMikH 06-21-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BIG_DADDY

I agree, I'm never getting in a car with that knucklehead. Imagine him with a cell phone trying to change radio stations.

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like in the car on the road is the safest place with Slayer behind the wheel. What you don't want to be walking down the sidewalks - or worse yet, hiding in a house.

ROFL

Bucs Girl 06-21-2003 03:33 AM

No fatalities...never found any bodys under my suv
a tree once

LVNHACK 06-21-2003 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slayer Andretti

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ROFL .............OMFG Slayer........If I didn't have too work, I could be having some fun with this.........:fire:

Eric Draven 06-21-2003 07:32 AM

I have been in two accidents. One was sleep induced and the other was rain induced.

The second one REALLY pissed me off as I did all the correct things and a tire fucked me.

LVNHACK 06-21-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eric Draven
a tire fucked me.

Did it bend ya over ? Give ya a reach around ? Did it use rubber ?........Kiss ya when it was done...............?

KCWolfman 06-21-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Very embarasingly, I actually hit the broad side of a barn.
Damn, Jeff, that is almost as funny as SD's.

KCWolfman 06-21-2003 10:32 AM

Quote:

Did it bend ya over ? Give ya a reach around ? Did it use rubber ?........Kiss ya when it was done...............?
Hack - It didn't need to use a "rubber" (think about it).

LVNHACK 06-21-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KCWolfman

Hack - It didn't need to use a "rubber" (think about it).

That's what I ment............;)

CosmicPal 06-21-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Hmmmm, interesting. :hmmm:

Why on earth would you want to deliberately hit someone with a moving vehicle? Only one of two things come to mind: 1. The car in front of you was driven by some hottie, and you are one of those guys that will rear-end the chick's car in order to get her phone number. OR 2. You are a raging maniac who feels like every other driver out there needs a lesson, and someone pissed you off to the point that you had to ram your vehicle into theirs to prove a point.

Hopefully, it's number 1. And, even that is shameful.

Otherwise, I'd be interested to know why on earth you would deliberately hit someone with a 2,000 pound moving vehicle?

Bearcat 06-21-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like in the car on the road is the safest place with Slayer behind the wheel. What you don't want to be walking down the sidewalks - or worse yet, hiding in a house.

ROFL

ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne 06-21-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CosmicPal

Why on earth would you want to deliberately hit someone with a moving vehicle? Only one of two things come to mind: 1. The car in front of you was driven by some hottie, and you are one of those guys that will rear-end the chick's car in order to get her phone number. OR 2. You are a raging maniac who feels like every other driver out there needs a lesson, and someone pissed you off to the point that you had to ram your vehicle into theirs to prove a point.

Otherwise, I'd be interested to know why on earth you would deliberately hit someone with a 2,000 pound moving vehicle?

2000 pounds? I think cars weigh considerably more than that.

Frazod 06-21-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Apparently you don't read so well. I explained the circumstances behind this two posts later. I was also 18, probably drunk, and very pissed off, the the individual in question had been terrorizing me for months. My goal was to cut him off, make him stop his car, then beat the shit out of him in a fair fight. Prior to this, the only time I saw this guy outside of his car was when he showed up at my house with five other guys when I was alone.

And as I turn 38 on Monday, that would mean that this took place nearly 20 YEARS AGO.

So stick your condescending lecture up your ass.

CosmicPal 06-21-2003 11:38 AM

Quote:

So stick your condescending lecture up your ass.

Frazod- chill.

I wasn't being condescending, and I wasn't trying to be an ass. I was curiously kidding around, but you don't know that because the post fails to prove the tone of my voice. Maybe I should have a left a smiley face at the end.

Also, I didn't read past your post. I was reading down, and came across your post and was astonished to read about your "deliberate" attempt to hit someone, and I immediately responded without doing any further investigation...

Sorry, you took it the wrong way...

Frazod 06-21-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Frazod- chill.

I wasn't being condescending, and I wasn't trying to be an ass. I was curiously kidding around, but you don't know that because the post fails to prove the tone of my voice. Maybe I should have a left a smiley face at the end.

Also, I didn't read past your post. I was reading down, and came across your post and was astonished to read about your "deliberate" attempt to hit someone, and I immediately responded with doing any further investigation...

Sorry, you took it the wrong way...

No problem.

You didn't convey the sarcsasm very well. You also made it sound like I ran down some girl scout on the sidewalk for kicks on a Saturday night.

Inserting a smilie would have been a good idea.... :D

CosmicPal 06-21-2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

No problem.

You didn't convey the sarcsasm very well. You also made it sound like I ran down some girl scout on the sidewalk for kicks on a Saturday night.

Inserting a smilie would have been a good idea.... :D

I was indeed being sarcastic, and wasn't trying to accuse you of anything...:toast:

LVNHACK 06-21-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

You also made it sound like I ran down some girl scout on the sidewalk for kicks on a Saturday night.

You probably tried..................Not that's there's anything wrong with that............:evil:

Frazod 06-21-2003 11:50 AM

Quote:

I was indeed being sarcastic, and wasn't trying to accuse you of anything...:toast:

I learned long ago not to take out my rage behind the wheel of a car.

It's much better to do it here! :D

Frazod 06-21-2003 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LVNHACK

You probably tried..................Not that's there's anything wrong with that............:evil:

Yeah, those cookies suck..... :p

LVNHACK 06-21-2003 11:55 AM

Quote:

Yeah, those cookies suck..... :p

No $hit...........And they cost a bunch, for what you get.........Typical female's, think everything they've got is gold........;)

Frazod 06-21-2003 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LVNHACK

No $hit...........And they cost a bunch, for what you get.........Typical female's, think everything they've got is gold........;)

Yeah, but I still buy them. Go figure.

LVNHACK 06-21-2003 12:18 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but I still buy them. Go figure.

How can you tell 'em NO.............Our nieghborhood has got 2 of 'em...............:banghead:

Frosty 06-21-2003 02:11 PM

I hit a gas pump when I was learning to drive. We did most of the training later at night. My dad wanted to fill the car up and had me pull into one of those card lock places. I swung too wide and the corner of the bumper creased the front of the pump. Really no big deal but freaked my dad out. For the next two weeks, all I heard about was how I almost blew us up, etc. :rolleyes:

Had a girlfriend that ran into a house. It was just after she got her license. There was this farmhouse just past a long sweeping corner. She made it through most of the corner, then apparently just decided to go straight (I never did figure out exactly what happened). She went through the side of the house and hit a piano. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Ryan

Fat Elvis 06-23-2003 02:40 PM

Slayer, don't feel too bad. I had an ex-girlfriend who ran over her Driver's Ed instructor and broke both his legs.

She failed the course.

Phobia 06-23-2003 02:42 PM

If nothing else, this poll proves that there are at least 5 women members of this board during the offseason....

Baby Lee 06-23-2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

You sure you didn't drop the cherry off your blunt into your lap?

Dave Lane 06-23-2003 04:47 PM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Holy sh1t! I give him points for showing up to take a beating but a house???? Send him to Iraq and they may surrender rather than take that kind of a beating!

Dave

PS I'd have never done this but I'd never confess to being this dumb publicly!

Dave Lane 06-23-2003 04:48 PM

"YOU ARE DUMB PRIVATE PYLE BUT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT YOU DON'T KNOW LEFT FROM RIGHT!?!?!?!"

Kinda reminds you of slayer huh?

Dave

JazzzLovr 06-23-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

If nothing else, this poll proves that there are at least 5 women members of this board during the offseason....
Sometimes you make it difficult to like you...

;)

I voted "No", BTW...

PastorMikH 06-24-2003 12:00 AM

Ok, who else around here hit a house???????

Phobia 06-24-2003 12:02 AM

Quote:

The smart money says TommyKat.

PastorMikH 06-24-2003 12:13 AM

Quote:

That's probably why PapaSmurf is glad to drive her around - it is easier for him to drive her around than it is for him to repair the walls in her garage for her.;):D

DrNick 06-24-2003 08:36 AM

Quote:

That's probably why PapaSmurf is glad to drive her around - it is easier for him to drive her around than it is for him to repair the walls in her garage for her.;):D

ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne 06-24-2003 09:10 AM

Quote:

:LOL:

JOhn 06-24-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

:shrug:

Not me, but I have worked 1 or 2 when I was working the ambulance in MO.

JOhn 06-24-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

pretty much. :thumb: