ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Indiana Jones 5: First Details (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338387)

DaneMcCloud 05-21-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15682881)
Indiana Jones having adventures is a limitless story starting point. All you need is a Macguffin.

He's the American James Bond.

My issue, besides Ford's age, is that three out of the five Indiana Jones film will feature Nazis as the antagonists, which I find to be uncreative, boring and just done.

James Bond went against a number of enemies, from Goldfinger to Blofeld to Scaramanga to Octopussy and even other "Double O" agents.

This movie already feels like it's been done and it hasn't even begun shooting.

GayFrogs 05-21-2021 09:15 PM

Spielberg is a producer? I guess this is happening again

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Hammock Parties 05-21-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15682908)
My issue, besides Ford's age, is that three out of the five Indiana Jones film will feature Nazis as the antagonists, which I find to be uncreative, boring and just done.

Maybe.

Cant be any worse than the First Order!

DaneMcCloud 05-21-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15683107)
Maybe.

Cant be any worse than the First Order!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything about it because I don't mean to rain on yours or anyone else's parade.

I truly hope it's great and if I hear anything exciting in the coming months, I'll be sure to share.

Frazod 05-21-2021 10:43 PM

At this point, I'd almost prefer a reboot to a geriatric Indy. What's he going to do, wheeze on them?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScratchyIn...nk-max-1mb.gif

Raiderhater 05-22-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15683165)
At this point, I'd almost prefer a reboot to a geriatric Indy. What's he going to do, wheeze on them?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScratchyIn...nk-max-1mb.gif

Angrily shake his whip in the air and shout, “Get off my find!”

Hammock Parties 05-22-2021 11:12 AM

I really think this will work fine with a good script.

The problem with Indy IV wasn't Ford, or even Lebouf. Or even ancient aliens - that CONCEPT is fine, but the execution was terrible.

It was a bad script.

I've always liked the idea of post WWII Nazis doing anything as a story concept. I hope we get to go to Argentina. In fact, Hitler should be in this. LMAO

Raiderhater 05-22-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15683417)
I really think this will work fine with a good script.

The problem with Indy IV wasn't Ford, or even Lebouf. Or even ancient aliens - that CONCEPT is fine, but the execution was terrible.

It was a bad script.

I've always liked the idea of post WWII Nazis doing anything as a story concept. I hope we get to go to Argentina. In fact, Hitler should be in this. LMAO

Execution and script may have been issues but, aliens WAS absolutely the biggest problem with it. You have a trilogy in place where all three movies dealt with religion in some fashion and then you follow it up with Indy on the trail of aliens? It just doesn’t fit.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2021 12:28 PM

Ancient Aliens WERE a religion for some cultures, is the way you have to look at it.

It's how they handled that concept that was off. A giant ****ing grey and a flying saucer in your face at the end ain't it.

Deberg_1990 05-22-2021 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully Harrison Fords finger returns in this.

notorious 05-23-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15683417)

That's why Iron Sky kicked ass.

notorious 05-23-2021 08:15 AM

The monkeys/Mutt swinging from trees part killed 4 for me. Might be the single stupidest scene for an adventure movie ever.

They HAVE to get back to practical effects. The CGI is horrible, and what made Indy great was semi-plausible stunts.

Indy didn't have to use his brain to discover much, either. Oxley led them my the nose almost the entire way.

ThaVirus 05-23-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15682628)
I waited until Crystal Skull was out on DVD for a few years to check it out and while it wasn't great, I did like it better than Temple of Doom.

I'm glad someone else said it.

I love Raiders, Last Crusade was pretty good and I can even enjoy Crystal Skull, but I've always found Temple to be boring. I've watched it a couple times and still have no clue what it's about. I find myself completely tuned out within 15 minutes of turning it on.

Hammock Parties 05-23-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15684118)
I'm glad someone else said it.

I love Raiders, Last Crusade was pretty good and I can even enjoy Crystal Skull, but I've always found Temple to be boring. I've watched it a couple times and still have no clue what it's about. I find myself completely tuned out within 15 minutes of turning it on.

What it's about? They're fighting over the goddamn sankara stones! It's not a complicated plot.

But the reality is it's about George Lucas' divorce. LMAO

I get that people might not like Temple of Doom because it tries to be funnier, and a lot of it was shot on sound stages, but I've never heard anyone say they don't comprehend it.

After escaping Shanghai gangsters, Indy is on his way to Delhi, the plane crashes, some kind villagers take him in and demand he brings back their magic rock in return for helping him, so he overnights at a palace in the middle of nowhere and discovers an ancient thugee cult has stolen the magic rock and enslaved the village's children.

Then he has to go do Indy shit to make the world right again.

That's it. Now you understand the movie. Thanks and enjoy the bridge scene because it's ****ing awesome.

Deberg_1990 05-23-2021 01:37 PM

Love Temple of Doom! Yes, the plot is simplistic and the villains are caricatures.

But Spielberg at the top of his action game.