ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Lion King ( 2019) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319041)

Tribal Warfare 11-23-2018 04:50 PM

The Lion King ( 2019)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4CbLXeGSDxg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sully1983 11-23-2018 05:16 PM

such a cheap cash grab from Disney haha. Sure, the cgi/animation or whatever looks impressive but its basically going to be a shot for shot remake of the '94 animated film right? lol will probably make 2 billion at the box office for Disney but good lord are they creatively bankrupt .
Disney is also remaking Dumbo , Aladdin , Mulan etc etc etc. I gotta had it to them though, they are basically printing money at this point.

Sure-Oz 11-23-2018 09:50 PM

I'll see it.

Tribal Warfare 11-23-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13911320)
I'll see it.

James Earl Jones? Yep, I'll be in line for this

WhawhaWhat 11-23-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13911360)
James Earl Jones? Yep, I'll be in line for this

No Jeremy Irons as Scar though. I'm sure the movie will still be great though. I love Lion King.

Tribal Warfare 11-24-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13911376)
No Jeremy Irons as Scar though. I'm sure the movie will still be great though. I love Lion King.

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar can hold it down especially with his depiction as The Operative in Serenity/Firefly as the basis

NJChiefsFan 11-24-2018 12:06 AM

This was my favorite Disney movie growing up along side toy story. Even if it is a money grab I think it's cool.

RealSNR 11-24-2018 12:06 AM

Disney needs to make money after their Star Wars shit has lost them so much.

Sassy Squatch 11-24-2018 02:04 AM

They're taking out 'Be Prepared'. Disney and everyone else involved can get ****ed.

NJChiefsFan 11-24-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13911488)
They're taking out 'Be Prepared'. Disney and everyone else involved can get ****ed.

Why?

Easy 6 11-24-2018 05:30 PM

Both of my kids - who grew up with this movie on a nearly endless loop - were ripping this on Thanksgiving... "a shot for shot remake with cgi"

Why Not? 11-25-2018 07:55 AM

Total cash grab....will absolutely see.

BigRedChief 11-25-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13911433)

Star Wars lost money? ROFL

BigRedChief 11-25-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13911432)
This was my favorite Disney movie growing up along side toy story. Even if it is a money grab I think it's cool.

This is who we are now. Something is successful, even iconic, they will re-boot or do a pre-quel/sequel. It's a easy decision for the VP of the entertainment companies to make. Very little downside to their careers compared to making money. The Star Wars one offs still made a BILLION $'s in profits for Disney. Thats just at the box office. Not counting merchanise, amusement parks money etc.

TinyEvel 11-25-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13911433)

Not really, they bought Lucasfilm for $4 Billion. It's already broken even.

https://screenrant.com/disney-star-w...it-box-office/

vailpass 11-25-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13911488)

Those are dangerous thoughts citizen.

BWillie 11-27-2018 12:09 AM

That monkey is a ****ing dick. He's always wacking people in the dome with a stick. Loud shrieking laugh.

Great Expectations 11-27-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13912552)
Not really, they bought Lucasfilm for $4 Billion. It's already broken even.

https://screenrant.com/disney-star-w...it-box-office/

Does that inclued the $2B paid to Kathleen Kennedy over the last few years?

luv 11-28-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13911102)
such a cheap cash grab from Disney haha. Sure, the cgi/animation or whatever looks impressive but its basically going to be a shot for shot remake of the '94 animated film right? lol will probably make 2 billion at the box office for Disney but good lord are they creatively bankrupt .
Disney is also remaking Dumbo , Aladdin , Mulan etc etc etc. I gotta had it to them though, they are basically printing money at this point.

They already did Beauty & the Beast. It was released to television, though, if I remember correctly. I guess it did good enough that they saw that there was a profit to be made. They did tweak it a bit to where it was pretty obvious that LeFou is gay. Anxious to see if they do anything to this film. Looking forward to seeing it.

Also, I read where Will Smith will be Genie in the Alladin flick. Just not sure how I'll react to that, as no one could top Robin Williams.

Beef Supreme 11-28-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13912484)
This is who we are now. Something is successful, even iconic, they will re-boot or do a pre-quel/sequel. It's a easy decision for the VP of the entertainment companies to make. Very little downside to their careers compared to making money. The Star Wars one offs still made a BILLION $'s in profits for Disney. Thats just at the box office. Not counting merchanise, amusement parks money etc.

It's the circle of life.

BigRedChief 11-28-2018 02:54 PM

50+million views of the trailer on You Tube in 3 days. They are going to print money.

Hawk 11-28-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13917916)
They already did Beauty & the Beast. It was released to television, though, if I remember correctly. I guess it did good enough that they saw that there was a profit to be made. They did tweak it a bit to where it was pretty obvious that LeFou is gay. Anxious to see if they do anything to this film. Looking forward to seeing it.

Also, I read where Will Smith will be Genie in the Alladin flick. Just not sure how I'll react to that, as no one could top Robin Williams.

Beauty and the Beast did $1.2 billion at the box office so....

Fish 11-28-2018 05:40 PM

It's a neat idea. There's several generations who've grown up with The Lion King. So I bet this is going to be huge.

mr. tegu 11-28-2018 11:35 PM

Disney is definitely a bit more unique when it comes to motivation to do remakes. I know most kids have probably seen this movie or Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast prior to the remake, but it’s just different to have a new release. The impact is much greater and I think more immediate.

Disney’s parks make like $20 billion per year. It’s a huge part of their revenue. And within those parks are countless attractions and themes centered around these now older movies. Updating the movies keeps the parks from becoming stale and outdated and gets people excited to go. They still do updates here and there on these older characters and areas but updating the same world or altering the merchandise instead of having to replace everything is so much easier and cheaper.

Frosty 11-29-2018 08:56 AM

It's funny that people are referring to this as the live action Lion King. LMAO

BigRedChief 11-29-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13918932)
Disney is definitely a bit more unique when it comes to motivation to do remakes. I know most kids have probably seen this movie or Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast prior to the remake, but it’s just different to have a new release. The impact is much greater and I think more immediate.

Disney’s parks make like $20 billion per year. It’s a huge part of their revenue. And within those parks are countless attractions and themes centered around these now older movies. Updating the movies keeps the parks from becoming stale and outdated and gets people excited to go. They still do updates here and there on these older characters and areas but updating the same world or altering the merchandise instead of having to replace everything is so much easier and cheaper.

universal Orlando just tore down the “Jaws” ride, one of its most popular rides for decades to make room for a Harry Potter roller coaster.

underEJ 11-29-2018 07:39 PM

I actually really like the remakes of these. Beauty and the Beast was pretty great. I would not have gone to see a rerelease of the animated one which was actually a technology leap itself. It was one of the first 2d animated films to author with 3d work integrated.

I was excited to see the new version for its cg work. Jungle Book was fun, though I think it missed a few opportunities to really push some style into the photoreal look and make a new statement. This one, I will see too, because kittens are adorable, but I will probably have the same note that I wish the photoreal was merged with some classic animation design style and not just making all the eyes giant.

Nobody bitches if someone does Hamlet in a theater again. If you bring something new to it, there shouldn't be any issue with utilizing a classic story.

Raiderhater 11-30-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13918932)

I had never thought about the parks angle in respect to Disney remakes. Makes sense though.

luv 11-30-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 13918537)
Beauty and the Beast did $1.2 billion at the box office so....

Ah. I don't remember it being at the box office. I just remember watching it on TV one time, so I guess I thought it was one of those made for TV things at the time.

NJChiefsFan 11-30-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13915943)
That monkey is a ****ing dick. He's always wacking people in the dome with a stick. Loud shrieking laugh.

But in the end he made everyone around him better.

CoMoChief 04-10-2019 12:06 PM

The new Lion King Trailer released today...

I can't wait for this movie. Looks good.

ROFL The last part of the trailer....if that doesn't put a smile on your face, then you don't have a soul.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7TavVZMewpY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 04-10-2019 12:50 PM

Man I'm not watching any re-make where Scar isn't voiced by Jeremy Irons. He was just absol.....

.....oh **** it, can't even convince myself of that bullshit. That looks friggen awesome and I'm in. I hate all these damn live action re-makes of the old Disney stuff and it just doesn't matter because this looks incredible.

They got James Earl Jones back as Mufasa, Ejiofor is actually one of my favorite actors in his own right, that condescending doucherocket John Oliver is going to be play an easily dispensable dweeby bird, Glover's pretty great, Rogan as Pumba makes perfect sense.

Yeah, try as I might, I can't buzzkill that one. That looks awesome. "PUT YOUR LITTLE CUB FOOT IN THE BIG PRINT AGAIN SIMBA!!!! Awwwwwww......."

DJ's left nut 04-10-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13919159)
It's funny that people are referring to this as the live action Lion King. LMAO

{ponders}

Well shit. You got me on that one...

ModSocks 04-10-2019 01:09 PM

Looks outstanding.

I wonder if they'll be able to recapture the magic of the first. Or if they even need to.

ModSocks 04-10-2019 01:11 PM

**** it, i still get a little teary when Simba's dad dies. That shit was dramatic!

Sassy Squatch 04-10-2019 01:12 PM

They ended up doing Be Prepared after all. Good.

The Franchise 04-10-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14200900)
**** it, i still get a little teary when Simba's dad dies. That shit was dramatic!

That's going to be rough to go through again.

Frazod 04-10-2019 03:09 PM

I took my Goddaughter to see the original the evening after I got a wisdom tooth pulled. The extraction was very difficult, and I was fairly whacked out on codeine. I remember thinking the plot was very similar to Conan the Barbarian, only with cartoon lions. Don't remember much else.

SAUTO 04-10-2019 04:58 PM

I saw the lion king as a live play on Broadway in NYC.

Bad
Ass

ChiefsCountry 04-10-2019 05:50 PM

The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies. Still one of my favorites of my childhood. The Jungle Book remake was excellent, I'm sure the Lion King will be as well.

sully1983 04-10-2019 06:43 PM

Meh. Sure the cgi looks breathtaking but this looks LITERALLY like a shot for shot remake (similar to the very dull and uninspiring Beauty and the Beast live action remake) .

But don't mind me, this shit is gonna be HUGE at the box office. And it certainly looks better than the Aladdin live action remake lol.

Sassy Squatch 04-10-2019 06:57 PM

Don't care as long as they do the songs justice. Lion King is the best Disney movie when it comes to the music for me.

BWillie 04-10-2019 07:16 PM

I wish they would have changed the plot a little bit, give us something a little different. But the CGI looks insane.

BigRedChief 04-10-2019 07:56 PM

They’d better not screw this up. The original is about as close to today’s generation as a revered movie like Casablanca etc were to the boomers.

CoMoChief 04-10-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14201555)
Don't care as long as they do the songs justice. Lion King is the best Disney movie when it comes to the music for me.

I grew up watching Lion King and Aladdin as a kid, still remember seeing both in the theatre with my parents and my best friend.

Can't wait to see them both...although I wish someone hotter was playing Jasmine. The actress who is playing her seems a little too plain Jane for me.

ThaVirus 04-10-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14201428)
The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies. Still one of my favorites of my childhood. The Jungle Book remake was excellent, I'm sure the Lion King will be as well.

You're ****ing crazy.

Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan, Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch all came out after Lion King.

Baby Lee 04-10-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14200871)
that condescending doucherocket John Oliver is going to be play an easily dispensable dweeby bird

https://pics.me.me/whats-disneys-obs...s-14109790.png

Buehler445 04-11-2019 12:46 AM

The chicken in Moana was legit hilarious.

007 04-11-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14201700)
You're ****ing crazy.

Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan, Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch all came out after Lion King.

Your point?

Tribal Warfare 04-11-2019 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14201154)
I took my Goddaughter to see the original the evening after I got a wisdom tooth pulled. The extraction was very difficult, and I was fairly whacked out on codeine. I remember thinking the plot was very similar to Conan the Barbarian, only with cartoon lions. Don't remember much else.

So partially delirious, and hearing James Earl Jones as Mufasa. :)

Yep, it would he comparative

Baby Lee 04-11-2019 03:55 AM

I still think the trailer for the original was the high point of trailer history.
I'm sure it was the only time I've experienced a round of applause for a trailer.

The one where they just played the opening song/scene.

ThaVirus 04-11-2019 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201861)
Your point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14201428)
The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14201853)
The chicken in Moana was legit hilarious.

My daughter watched Moana without me; I saw like the last 20 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Yeah...I watched it by myself later...what of it?

That movie's pretty damn good.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14201880)
I still think the trailer for the original was the high point of trailer history.
I'm sure it was the only time I've experienced a round of applause for a trailer.

The one where they just played the opening song/scene.

I suspect this is the one you're talking about?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eHcZlPpNt0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch 04-11-2019 10:35 AM

The girl had one hell of a singing voice.

Also, The Rock unironically flexing his massive ego while singing will never not be awesome.

CoMoChief 04-11-2019 11:11 AM

The Lion King is hands down the best Disney movie of all time.

Nothing else can compare....not even Shrek or Toy Story.

Buehler445 04-11-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14202200)
My daughter watched Moana without me; I saw like the last 20 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Yeah...I watched it by myself later...what of it?

That movie's pretty damn good.

Yeah. I was down. Unfortunately my daughter lost interest in it in favor far more reeruned programming.

BigRedChief 04-12-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14202265)
The Lion King is hands down the best Disney movie of all time.

Nothing else can compare....not even Shrek or Toy Story.

my point earlier was it was more than a movie, that people have an emotional reverence for the original. It touched them, in the good way. Was more than just a few hours of entertainment in the 90’s.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-12-2019 07:03 PM

More unnecessary remakes. Sigh.

CoMoChief 04-12-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 14204416)
More unnecessary remakes. Sigh.

Eh...times are a changing, animation/technology has drastically improved since the mid 90's obviously. The ol' saying is nothing beats the original...but if this is done right it can be pretty damn close. The music will play a big part in this film and if they **** that up, well then it could ruin the movie. It just sucks that Beyonce is probably going to sing in the damn thing, because she's ****ing terrible.

The CGI hopefully is amazing, and so far it looks like it will be. Although some have voiced their concern re: Scar's voice. I'm willing to give give it a chance. Glad that James Earl Jones is back as Mufasa's voice though. Some things you can't replace.

A movie like this doesn't have to rely on an actor's performance, unlike let's say..Aladdin, which has a good chance of being dogshit if Will Smith sucks ass in his Genie role. Can't believe Gilbert Gottfried isn't doing Iago's voice though, which I mentioned before in the Aladdin thread. Apparently he ain't too happy about Disney recasting that role to someone else either.

The Franchise 04-13-2019 06:04 PM

And it begins.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can&#39;t believe they&#39;ve straightwashed Scar in the new Lion King film. Just another example of how Hollywood is failing on queer representation. <a href="https://t.co/gSUQ9BIqzJ">pic.twitter.com/gSUQ9BIqzJ</a></p>&mdash; Chris Godfrey (@ChrisPJGodfrey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisPJGodfrey/status/1115967334743728128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch 04-13-2019 06:25 PM

Wait..... What?

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-13-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14205327)
Wait..... What?

It has been bounced around that Scar is a queer/gay stereotype.

Obviously, people are digging too deep and forgetting that Scar's body structure serves as a foil to Mufasa's body. It goes with their characters. Mufasa is a strong and straightforward lion. Scar is a physically weak and crafty character.

Buehler445 04-13-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14205292)
And it begins.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can&#39;t believe they&#39;ve straightwashed Scar in the new Lion King film. Just another example of how Hollywood is failing on queer representation. <a href="https://t.co/gSUQ9BIqzJ">pic.twitter.com/gSUQ9BIqzJ</a></p>&mdash; Chris Godfrey (@ChrisPJGodfrey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisPJGodfrey/status/1115967334743728128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How In the actual ****ing **** do you whitewash a lion?

Sassy Squatch 04-13-2019 10:52 PM

Probably should've left the first rendition of Be Prepared in the movie, then. Scar wants Nala to be his queen for producing heirs. Not kidding.

"My cylinders firing with fervor, and you, my sweet, fit the part."

Creepy ass Scar LMAO

Tribal Warfare 04-13-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14205559)
How In the actual ****ing **** do you whitewash a lion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 14205379)

Obviously, people are digging too deep and forgetting that Scar's body structure serves as a foil to Mufasa's body. It goes with their characters. Mufasa is a strong and straightforward lion. Scar is a physically weak and crafty character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14205327)
Wait..... What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14205292)
And it begins.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(I&#39;m not)</p>&mdash; Chris Godfrey (@ChrisPJGodfrey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisPJGodfrey/status/1115971815447384065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 04-14-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14205630)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(I&#39;m not)</p>&mdash; Chris Godfrey (@ChrisPJGodfrey) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisPJGodfrey/status/1115971815447384065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He isn’t the only one posting about how Scar was a gay character and now he looks like Mufasa on meth.

Dartgod 04-14-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14201368)
I saw the lion king as a live play on Broadway in NYC.

Bad
Ass

We saw that last year in KC. And yes it was.

mr. tegu 04-14-2019 11:28 PM

This will definitely be awesome. And regarding the opening scene of the original, I remember being absolutely blown away at the realism of the animation. We had never seen anything like that in an animated movie that I know of.

Speaking of being shocked at the animation, I can’t believe this but Toy Story came out only one year after the Lion King. There was a giant leap but I didn’t realize how close it was to other traditional animated movies they made.

mr. tegu 04-14-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14206587)
We saw that last year in KC. And yes it was.

Aladdin is going to be here next spring. It’s supposed to be really good as well.

BigRedChief 04-15-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 14205379)

So weak and crafty = Gay?:facepalm:

These people finding something to offend them is taken to a new level now.

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14207621)

He did have a British accent/sarcasm

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2019 05:58 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Official Runtime For Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Remake Revealed <a href="https://t.co/N4ZldlofTX">https://t.co/N4ZldlofTX</a> <a href="https://t.co/sps6vtlT6j">pic.twitter.com/sps6vtlT6j</a></p>&mdash; Heroic Hollywood (@heroichollywood) <a href="https://twitter.com/heroichollywood/status/1147290310281555969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 5, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-07-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14207621)

Pretty much. A professor of mine tried to sell that theory. There is a lot of worthless papers trying to examine Disney films under the lens of gender studies.

Baby Lee 07-07-2019 11:25 AM

Not Mulan, but more germane there than a general new movie thread.

Oh and, . . .

AWW HELL YEAH!!

<iframe width="949" height="394" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/01ON04GCwKs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 07-11-2019 08:46 PM

They should make it rated PG-13 and show the entire scene of Simba ****ing the shit out of Nala.

Caaaan you feel, the looove tonight. Tooo****ght.

Deberg_1990 07-11-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 14206976)
This will definitely be awesome. And regarding the opening scene of the original, I remember being absolutely blown away at the realism of the animation. We had never seen anything like that in an animated movie that I know of.

Speaking of being shocked at the animation, I can’t believe this but Toy Story came out only one year after the Lion King. There was a giant leap but I didn’t realize how close it was to other traditional animated movies they made.

Yes. And the original toy story animation looks absolutely antiquated by today’s standards. Still a great film though.

Tribal Warfare 07-12-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 14336996)
Pretty much. A professor of mine tried to sell that theory. There is a lot of worthless papers trying to examine Disney films under the lens of gender studies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1kGEz1zDGgY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scar not the ghey

Sure-Oz 07-12-2019 09:52 AM

59% on RT w/115 reviews... surprised. Apparently next gen effects and the movie is 90% the same as the original. I'm confused why such a low score.
Most reviewers that have similar movie tastes as me enjoyed it and raved about the realisim.

chiefzilla1501 07-12-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14344988)
59% on RT w/115 reviews... surprised. Apparently next gen effects and the movie is 90% the same as the original. I'm confused why such a low score.
Most reviewers that have similar movie tastes as me enjoyed it and raved about the realisim.

The hard part is that it will always be compared to the original, which is a classic. Especially since it's probably extremely similar in script. I'm excited to see it. I'm expecting to love it, be ecstatic to see certain scenes like the opening scene that are really ****ing cool to see as live action, but to also see plenty of parts where live action just isn't as good. And I'd be fine with that. 59% probably makes sense for a remake but wonder what that rating would be if not adapted from the original. I'm sure the score would be far higher.