ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Travis Kelce smacked a bitch, too (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317581)

loochy 09-20-2018 07:43 AM

New Chiefs O-Line theme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iIMVbL1rq5c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen 09-20-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13747344)
Why in the hell would that be a flag?

I think Bob Dole was being facetious.

TLO 09-20-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13747348)
New Chiefs O-Line theme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iIMVbL1rq5c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted via Mobile Device

PUT THAT IN SPOILER TAGS OMG I I'M OFFENDED

Frosty 09-20-2018 08:18 AM

It's nice to see the Chiefs dishing it out to the Steelers for once rather than always taking it.

oldman 09-20-2018 09:10 AM

That block was a thing of beauty. It appears it doesn't even throw him off his route, or maybe he's just looking for another victim.
I don't know if it's Mahommes or playing the Steelers, but our O seems to be playing with a bit of swagger and some nastiness. I like it. I like it a lot!

dlphg9 09-20-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13747347)
Lmao I saw the remember the titan reference and I thought about the play were he tell him to let him through.... Mahomes needs to pull that trick

Drunk before 10 am on a Thursday! Hell yeah buddy

DJ's left nut 09-20-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13747189)
Very truthy, Mr. Demonpenz.

Kelce has laid out some fools on a few sweeps and edge rushes. He takes that part of his game seriously.

Some talking nogs still say he's the 2nd best TE in the league which has been utter nonsense for a couple of years. I would love to see the Kelce lay out a few of those fools also, to be honest.

FAX

His athleticism, route running and blocking put Gronk's to shame.

Gronk is a goddamn mountain of a human being - I'll grant him that. And in space, he's not going to try to hurdle you or run around you - he's going to try to run through you. He deserves plenty of accolades for that.

But this immediate concession that he's clearly the best TE just pisses me off. Maybe he is - there's an argument for it (if he could stay healthy). But there's a damn good argument that Kelce is as well.

Kelce's reached that stage that TG did in his late 20s - there's just not anything he isn't good at. He's savvy as hell, a brilliant route runner, a heck of a blocker (both attitude and technique). His hands can be spotty at times but so can everyones - he's demonstrated plenty of times that he will haul in contested catches or pluck them out of the air. The guy's as well-rounded a player as you'll find in the league.

oldman 09-20-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13747517)
Kelce's reached that stage that TG did in his late 20s - there's just not anything he isn't good at. He's savvy as hell, a brilliant route runner, a heck of a blocker (both attitude and technique). His hands can be spotty at times but so can everyones - he's demonstrated plenty of times that he will haul in contested catches or pluck them out of the air. The guy's as well-rounded a player as you'll find in the league.

I agree, he's the best TE in the NFL. Not to mention he's a fun guy.

Rain Man 09-20-2018 10:02 AM

Kelce joined the NFL in 2013, and immediately missed his first season completely with a knee injury. Since then he's only missed one game. That same year, Gronkowski missed more than half the season with an Aaron Hernandez accidental discharge or something. So let's throw out 2013 and look at the years from 2014 on.

Since 2014, here's a comparison of the two in terms of receptions and games:

Kelce - 65 games, 59 starts, 315 receptions on 445 targets, 4,015 yards, 12.7 ypc, 24 TDs
Gronkowski - 54 games, 47 starts, 257 receptions on 406 targets, 4,062 yards, 15.8 ypc, 35 TDs

Kelce is more durable and has a higher catch percentage. It appears that Gronkowski has been more of a deep receiver and goal line receiver. So they're used slightly differently, but have very similar production. Gronkowski has been more of a feast or famine guy while Kelce has been steadily productive.

Buns 09-20-2018 10:07 AM

Yeah, but who was throwing them the ball, ehhhhh

Rain Man 09-20-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buns (Post 13747558)
Yeah, but who was throwing them the ball, ehhhhh

Good point. I meant to mention that, but forgot. If you reversed their previous situations, I think Kelce would easily come out on top. But it's all good now that he has Patrick Mahomes II.

Best22 09-20-2018 10:13 AM

It shows that Brady is much better than Smith. Brady maximizes his teammates

Buns 09-20-2018 10:21 AM

Especially when Kelce was the #1 for most of Smith's tenure, and the only real constant aside from Charles and two years of Hill.

ModSocks 09-20-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Gronk is a goddamn mountain of a human being - I'll grant him that. And in space, he's not going to try to hurdle you or run around you - he's going to try to run through you. He deserves plenty of accolades for that.

But this immediate concession that he's clearly the best TE just pisses me off. Maybe he is - there's an argument for it (if he could stay healthy). But there's a damn good argument that Kelce is as well.

Kelce is the better TE. Gronk gets the love because of what he's done in the past and he's a big name.

But i don't know how you could watch the two of them and come away thinking Gronk is better. Stating that Gronk is better is just lazy imo. Dude can't stay healthy, does not have the quicks and isn't nearly the route runner.

Luke Atamadong 09-20-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

His YAC ability is AMAZING too