ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game: Week 2: KC 28 Faid 10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325129)

stevieray 09-15-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14451186)
I think I more enjoyed Carr trying to press and fail because trying to match Mahomes would be like me racing Usain Bolt.

...after that scorching second half, the fades subsequent plays looked boring and stale.

Bowser 09-15-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14451176)
You thinking DAT isn't going to keep returning?

As far as punts go we just as well ****ing fair catch the goddamned things. I'd rather take that than 10 yards behind where we catch it.

Eh, if he keeps fielding punts at his own 3 yard line.....

IIRC, Pringle was a good to great kickoff returner at K-State. Let's see what he can do, and let DAT keep the punt returns for now.

Buehler445 09-15-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14451203)
Eh, if he keeps fielding punts at his own 3 yard line.....

IIRC, Pringle was a good to great kickoff returner at K-State. Let's see what he can do, and let DAT keep the punt returns for now.

He was good but Snyder always fielded good specials.

IIRC he was better on punts than kicks, but I could be wrong. Not much of a KSU(ck) fan.

Danguardace 09-16-2019 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14450571)
T
5. This was our worst special teams day in a long time. Colquitt was not good. He only averaged 39 yards per punt. Chiefs punt return effort was awful. DAT fielded a punt on the three yard line and we got a holding penalty to move the ball to the KC 5 yard line to start a drive. KC had holding penalties on three different punt returns. Total penalties were 10 for 114 yards. That’s way too many, and if we do that against a better team -like next week against Baltimore, for example- they’re gonna get beat. Only ST guy who showed up this week was Buttkicker. He was perfect again this week.

Couldn't agree more, honestly think When teams are punting around Midfield they should just put someone other than DAT back there, someone who can make smart decisions.

DAT still thinks he is in the PAC 12.

eDave 09-16-2019 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 14451474)
Couldn't agree more, honestly think When teams are punting around Midfield they should just put someone other than DAT back there, someone who can make smart decisions.

DAT still thinks he is in the PAC 12.

Should just have Pat throw a bomb on 4th down.

xztop123 09-16-2019 04:25 AM

The thing no one is talking about is how good mahomes deep accuracy looks this year

Last year he was missing wide open guys deep this year he’s hitting them in stride with pressure in his face 40+ yards down field

Danguardace 09-16-2019 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 14451485)
The thing no one is talking about is how good mahomes deep accuracy looks this year

Last year he was missing wide open guys deep this year he’s hitting them in stride with pressure in his face 40+ yards down field

Totally agree, throws are so pretty.

Prison Bitch 09-16-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14451138)
He’s the damn NFL league MVP, and he played that way with a wobbly wheel.

????? He looked perfectly healthy.

Bump. Tell me about the “wobbly wheel”

oldman 09-16-2019 07:27 AM

Thanks, George. It's not an official game until I read your 10 things.
I'm going to echo a couple things both you and FAX brought up. I'm concerned about the run game. I don't care if Williams and McCoy were banged up a little, that's why we're carrying 4 RBs plus Sausage and DAT. Surely Fisher's absence wasn't that big of a deal in the run.
Second, there were some problems with the intermediate routes. You can blame some of that on Hardman being a rookie and not the route runner we're accustomed to with Hill. But PMII was just off on a lot of those. He was money on most of the bombs, but the 10-15 yarders were iffy. I'm hoping it was just one of those days, not a problem with his ankle.

otherstar 09-16-2019 08:15 AM

Thank you George, for these write ups!

bowener 09-16-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14450608)
That is insane. Makes you wonder what that number is going to be through 40 games for him.

Double what he has now?

Looking at the schedule I think Mahomes might average 4 passing TDs a game going forward.

Stryker 09-16-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14450935)
Best 10 things in the league ... by far. And speaking of our offensive problems, I noticed three.

One was the lack of precision in the routes. Wally's offense is based on route design and precision. Our guys cannot forget to detail those routes, close on defenders to force their decisions, then make your cuts on time and with decisiveness. They didn't do that. (That's shorthand for a lot of unmentioned stuff, but that's what stuck out to me.)

The second thing I observed was that Mahomes' accuracy was off on his intermediate throws. That could have been due to the sloppy-ass route running or it could be that Mahomes was just off. (Ankle?) I cannot and will not give credit to the Faiders since our receivers were open(ish) and those are normally pitch/catch plays.

The third thing was the most troubling; what the hell happened to our run game? Was the Faider defense that stout? Was our blocking that poor? Were we tired due to the travel schedule? I'd have to rewatch the game to try and figure it out, but damn ... that was not impressive ... and a little scary, to be honest.

FAX

This was going on in my mind the whole game. Where has the Damien Williams from the end of last season gone too?

George great post as always!

gblowfish 09-16-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 14451485)

Yes, absolutely. One of the reasons Montana was so great was he would hit guys in stride, so they could get YAC. Alex Smith would throw balls at a guy's knees, or behind him, or stretch a receiver out high over the middle (getting them pasted by a D=Back). Mahomes hits guys in the numbers, in stride, where they can do something with the ball once they receive it. You can't teach that. You either have it or you don't.

Here's what the SF Chronic has to say on their post game coverage:
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...n-14442077.php

Frosty 09-16-2019 08:59 AM

Random thought/observation here but I was very appreciative that Chucky was doing everything he could to drain the clock in the second half despite being down three scores. Long, methodical drives that resulted in no points really helped.

Tinker Dill 09-16-2019 09:00 AM

As always George excellent work. Thanks!