ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Severance (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342863)

Third Eye 03-06-2022 04:51 PM

Severance

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xEQP4VVuyrY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anybody else watching this on Apple TV+? 4 episodes released so far and I’m enjoying it.

Third Eye 03-07-2022 08:13 PM

Guess it’s just me!

Baby Lee 03-07-2022 08:53 PM

Ive been watching, but I don't have anything to say about it.

I'm 50/50, it presents intriguing possibility, but it hasn't actually paid any of it off yet.

Could pay off handsomely, could sputter out like LOST.

Pepe Silvia 03-07-2022 09:17 PM

I like Adam Scott so I might check it out some time in the future.

Third Eye 03-07-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16178909)
Ive been watching, but I don't have anything to say about it.

I'm 50/50, it presents intriguing possibility, but it hasn't actually paid any of it off yet.

Could pay off handsomely, could sputter out like LOST.

We got 3 pretty good years out of Lost though and this one’s only 4 episodes in. It could do a lot worse.

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 03-08-2022 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 16178989)
We got 3 pretty good years out of Lost though and this one’s only 4 episodes in. It could do a lot worse.

Spoiler!

I referenced LOST so people would know the dynamic I'm referring to.

I'm not talking about 10 years of prime-time programming, here. I'm talking about a show that has introduced a lot of intrigue and mystery, but the verdict is still out on resolution and payoff.

I anticipate we'll have a clearer picture sooner than later.

Talisman 03-08-2022 11:19 AM

I think it looks really interesting. Plan on checking it out soon. But with so many options right now, I'm not starting a series until all episodes are out. My wife and I sometimes get to binging, and I'd rather finish something up before moving to a new show.

I like that Netflix doesn't drag you along. When a series is out, it's out. The rest of the streaming services seem to think they need to release an episode per week to keep their subscribers paying.

Third Eye 03-08-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman (Post 16179541)
I think it looks really interesting. Plan on checking it out soon. But with so many options right now, I'm not starting a series until all episodes are out. My wife and I sometimes get to binging, and I'd rather finish something up before moving to a new show.

I like that Netflix doesn't drag you along. When a series is out, it's out. The rest of the streaming services seem to think they need to release an episode per week to keep their subscribers paying.

It depends on the show, but I generally prefer the week to week model. When I binge a show, I generally don’t retain as much from it and it’s less impactful. I rather enjoy the theorizing and anticipation that come from having to wait a week for the next episode.

Baby Lee 03-25-2022 02:45 PM

Things heated up a shit ton this week, and I gotta say . . . It's not everyday that a long-established and well-known music standard is completely recontextualized by how perfectly it's used in a new piece of creativity. But they pulled that off splendidly as well this episode, not to spoil with specifics . . . [actually, to a minor extent, TWO well-known standards, though the second was more just a great use, than a re-contextualization].

And holy shit the closing moment!!

Third Eye 03-25-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16215404)
Things heated up a shit ton this week, and I gotta say . . . It's not everyday that a long-established and well-known music standard is completely recontextualized by how perfectly it's used in a new piece of creativity. But they pulled that off splendidly as well this episode, not to spoil with specifics . . . [actually, to a minor extent, TWO well-known standards, though the second was more just a great use, than a re-contextualization].

And holy shit the closing moment!!

Oh man, my interest is piqued. I can’t flip it on until about 10 tonight (not really a show for the kiddos), but your post has me looking forward to it.

MTG#10 03-26-2022 11:58 AM

Adam Scott has the most punchable face in Hollywood

Baby Lee 03-26-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 16216919)

What did Tig Notaro ever do to you?

TinyEvel 03-26-2022 12:29 PM

Love this show. Was really surprised to see that Ben Stiller directed the first three episodes. Definitely some Kubric Vibes. Watched the first seven shows so far. Little bits of Lost and Westworld and Black Mirror.

Clyde Frog 03-26-2022 05:35 PM

Severance

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 16216945)
Love this show. Was really surprised to see that Ben Stiller directed the first three episodes. Definitely some Kubric Vibes. Watched the first seven shows so far. Little bits of Lost and Westworld and Black Mirror.

Ben did the most recent one too. Absolutely fantastic episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iconic 03-26-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 16216919)

Really sucks they casted him as the main guy. It's so hard looking at his stupid face sometimes. But... the writing and acting were strong enough to overcome that obstacle.

Worth a watch IMO.