ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Eleazar 09-14-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11718934)
I wonder if the Avastin played a part in me passing more blood in the crapper and also if that was why they took out more of my colon than I was initially told. Of course, to cover their asses, I would never get the truth if it was the case.

There isn't really any need for CYA, since the forms you sign consent to the surgeon doing whatever he feels is clinically indicated once he gets in there. (And this is a lot better than the alternatives if he couldn't do that)

Eleazar 09-14-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 11719884)
Nah. They gave me life so I'm not going to quibble about it.

On a separate occasion many years ago, I had the vena cava filter installed. Somehow it ended up in my right renal vein instead. There was a potential lawsuit there too, but I guess I'm not very quick to sue. In that case, the blood clot had cleared up and I wasn't dead, so it was kind of a case of no harm, no foul.

I am glad there are still people out there who arent just looking for a quick payday anytime something doesn't go as expected.

Fire is uncommon but it does happen. You have pressurized oxygen and electrosurgery equipment being used. Even a momentary flash would have to be documented. It's a rare event and even among those events, harm is rare.

patteeu 09-14-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11726099)
I am glad there are still people out there who arent just looking for a quick payday anytime something doesn't go as expected.

Fire is uncommon but it does happen. You have pressurized oxygen and electrosurgery equipment being used. Even a momentary flash would have to be documented. It's a rare event and even among those events, harm is rare.

Yeah. My wife has worked in hospitals for a long time and I've heard a couple of horror stories, but they seem to be pretty rare. In my case, it must not have done too much damage.

The vena cava filter eventually caused my right kidney to atrophy to the point that it probably doesn't function much anymore, but luckily I have a spare. :)

Lonewolf Ed 09-14-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11726027)
Ed your the man you will make it outta there no problem.

Leave the pant shitting for the KC Royals.

The next time I get an attack of the runs, which should be any time now, should I say, "I just Cuetoed!" instead?

Lonewolf Ed 09-14-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11726099)

I didn't mean it as something going amiss. I meant it if there was negligence or incompetence involved. When I was in the hospital a month ago, I suffered the worst pain of my life when they moved me into the hospital bed. I screamed out loud, but never thought about calling a lawyer. Even when the nurse accidentally left the clamp on my leg after yanking out my catheter and I ended up nearly having my second circumcision, I wasn't thinking lawsuit. Band-aid, yes, but no lawsuit. If they had stuck the catheter up my ass and taped the clamp to my nutsack, then I'd be suing some asses off.

srvy 09-14-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11726146)
The next time I get an attack of the runs, which should be any time now, should I say, "I just Cuetoed!" instead?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

That would be the correct term yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-14-2015 05:13 PM

Mmmmm...crystal light.

Said no one. Ever.

Lonewolf Ed 09-15-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11726832)
Mmmmm...crystal light.

Said no one. Ever.

I never have bought the stuff, but is there a diet version? That stuff they made me drink sure tasted like it was diet.

BigMeatballDave 09-15-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11728348)
I never have bought the stuff, but is there a diet version? That stuff they made me drink sure tasted like it was diet.

I've had the fruit punch. It's pretty good, and I had no idea it was sugar free.

patteeu 09-15-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Crystal Light is diet. If it makes you feel any better, the stuff they made you drink 25 years ago was worse.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-15-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Blech. I drink water and sweet tea.

Abba-Dabba 09-15-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 11719814)
It was oxygen leaking out into my chest cavity, as I understand it.

pnuemomediastinum?

patteeu 09-16-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 11729336)
pnuemomediastinum?

No. That's a long word. I had to look it up.

In my case, they were doing a pneumonectomy.

Lonewolf Ed 09-16-2015 06:46 AM

I am about to head to the cancer center to see the liver doc and get results from my scan two days ago, and also to find out what direction my liver treatment will go. I am not sure if I will start with chemo again today, but if I do, it will be treatment number 20.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-16-2015 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11729775)
I am about to head to the cancer center to see the liver doc and get results from my scan two days ago, and also to find out what direction my liver treatment will go. I am not sure if I will start with chemo again today, but if I do, it will be treatment number 20.

Best wishes, Ed. Prayed for you and Dave again last night, hopefully something good will come of it.