ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ben Carson: Egyptian pyramids were used to store grain, not Pharaohs' tombs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295891)

BigRedChief 11-06-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11867430)
holy shit

that must have been amazing

I'm jelly

another time I'm on a hillside and we are planting and we hit something and little cubes of rocks with paint came up with the dirt. They stopped and called the antiquities department. I left the next week. Never heard what it was they found.

srvy 11-06-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11867427)
how many horse cocks have your tulips been on?

This is actually pretty good and I will steal this from you one day when the right moment arises.

Dave Lane 11-06-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11867483)
Dave Lane your an astronomer correct?

Have you ever observed Polaris to actually calculate an azimuth on the ground? Sun Shot? Just curious I know this is a forgotten art now as GPS has pretty much eliminated the need. I would think calculating an astronomic azimuth would be astronomy 101.

I do that before every shot I take that involves tracking which is most of them. Including annual precession calculations for the year.

It doesn't help with my hieroglyphs much, to be honest. So I'm not sure how that is germane to the conversation.

baitism 11-06-2015 09:02 PM

Racists. Am I doing this right?

Dave Lane 11-06-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 11867628)
Racists. Am I doing this right?

We are way past that we are up to earth shaped potatoes at this point

cosmo20002 11-06-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11867420)
When I want to know what a tulip would look like in a certain vase maybe I would call you.

I know you have no idea what that is but you will google and try to act as though you do.

And yes it is an gravity map of the earth that is used every day to to accurately position points on the surface of the earth. The earth and gravitational effects on its surface makes it look like a Potato. The Geoid is a imaginary line per say drawn around this surface to negate the peeks and valleys of that surface and to use complex mathematical calculations so we can use satellites (GPS) to map and navigate the surface. This is in layman's terms as I am not trained in Geodesy just a land surveyor who applies this in real life.

WTF:shrug:

cosmo20002 11-06-2015 09:30 PM

srvy says...

http://briefwit.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=455&h=341

cosmo20002 11-06-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11867420)
And yes it is an gravity map of the earth that is used every day to to accurately position points on the surface of the earth. The earth and gravitational effects on its surface makes it look like a Potato. The Geoid is a imaginary line per say drawn around this surface to negate the peeks and valleys of that surface and to use complex mathematical calculations so we can use satellites (GPS) to map and navigate the surface. This is in layman's terms as I am not trained in Geodesy just a land surveyor who applies this in real life.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xVaXC49E1r...use-potato.jpg

srvy 11-06-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11867697)

How often should I water a daffodil?

chiefzilla1501 11-07-2015 12:02 AM

I really don't like Carson. I am glad he's finally getting called out for stupid shit he says.

But jfc... If the media out even ten percent of their time on benghazi and whitewater as they did on learning if Carson got a scholarship or if mitt Romney paid his taxes.... The ridiculous one sidedness of the media has to stop.

eDave 11-07-2015 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11867918)
I really don't like Carson. I am glad he's finally getting called out for stupid shit he says.

But jfc... If the media out even ten percent of their time on benghazi and whitewater as they did on learning if Carson got a scholarship or if mitt Romney paid his taxes.... The ridiculous one sidedness of the media has to stop.

I don't know how you can say it's one sided. There are just as many conservative news outlets as liberal. Heck, Fox is #1.

cosmo20002 11-07-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Just a couple weeks ago Benghazi was on for about 12 straight hours.
You can't be serious with your ridiculous assertion.

Taco John 11-07-2015 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11867929)
I don't know how you can say it's one sided. There are just as many conservative news outlets as liberal. Heck, Fox is #1.

ROFL

Ming the Merciless 11-07-2015 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11867514)
This is actually pretty good and I will steal this from you one day when the right moment arises.

Thank you. It's about time someone recognized the geniousness of my comments.

I take back all the bad things I have posted about you and yours on the various websites with which I am involved.

Dave Lane 11-07-2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Yeah that's the weird thing, there's like these ongoing multi-year investigations into Carson and his statements. 13 investigations over 4 years just to see if there really was grain in the pryamids, 6 years $74 million on investigations and threatened impeachment over his Westpoint lie. All that while Hillary get a couple day news cycle and its on to the next thing.

I sure wish the GOP would do some checking.