ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Steel Men Are Coming... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68629)

Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 09-09-2003 10:55 AM

Steel Men Are Coming...

to invade Kansas City, so get ready to see the best team in the AFC...

The Steelers are loaded on offense and basically have all of the skilled players a team can have. Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Randle El, Jay Riemersma, Amos, Bettis, Haynes, and don't forget about Tommy. We have one hell of a potent offense and can run and pass very well. Also, our O-line is developing nicely and is very strong up the middle...

Our defense is much improved after last year and our guys now have a chip on their shoulders. Our defensive backfield is improved with Mike Logan stepping in for the slower, departed, Lee Flowers. Chad Scott is healthy and Washington is playing more aggressively and making plays. Yes, he did have 2 pass interference penalties that totaled over 60+ yards, but I liked his improved play. Our LBs are the best in the business with the likes of Kendrell Bell, Jason Gildon, and James Farrior. With Porter out, Clark Haggans is no slouch. Also our defensive front is very underrated and can not only stop the run but can pressure the QB...

Special teams is probably the weakest link to the team but our punter and kicker are strong. We didn't do as well as we should have last week with this unit, but for the most part, we improved as the game went on...

I saw the great plays that the Chiefs had against hapless Chargers, a team that really folded down the stretch last year, nonetheless, though, you guys got a divisional win and those are always important...

Priest Holmes, a former Raven, knows exactly what the Steelers bring to the game. Morton looks good and your QB play is impressive with Trent Green. Dicky V is one of the best coaches in the NFL...

The Steelers are going to come into your house and look to notch up a big win. Can the Chiefs hang with one of the new powerhouse teams in the AFC?

It should be a great game and a meaningful one, since it could have playoff implications down the stretch...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

DaWolf 09-09-2003 11:00 AM

All I know is that you won't be playing against a rookie QB this week, so your D better be ready to bring it against one of the most lethal offenses in the NFL... ;)

KCTitus 09-09-2003 11:01 AM

Yeah, KC might actually have to play 4 quarters instead of 2 this time...

Good luck.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:02 AM

I could not stand being a Steelers fan. You know exactly what your getting from them every single season. You get a solid team that plays tough D and for the most part, mistake free O. You would know as a Steelers fan, that your team is playoff caliber, barring injuries, but in the back of your mind, you also know that you aren't getting to the big one either. I would rather a team not make the playoffs than consistently lose again, and again, and again in the playoffs year after year.

I couldn't take it. There's no mystery involved with the Steelers.

Bob Dole 09-09-2003 11:08 AM

Useless statistical note of the day...

Kansas City has won 12 of its last 13 games against QBs in their first or second year as NFL starters who are making their initial appearance as a starter at Arrowhead.

Maddox has never started a game at Arrowhead.

Hammock Parties 09-09-2003 11:10 AM

Steelers are toast, but it will be a close game.

Braincase 09-09-2003 11:13 AM

What sauce should we have with Steeler ribs? You know Priest will serve up a mess of burnt ends... and burnt tackles...burnt linebackers.

There's only one guy I like on the Steelers - and he has what I consider to be the coolest sounding name in football...

KC Jones 09-09-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team RamRod
I could not stand being a Steelers fan. You know exactly what your getting from them every single season. You get a solid team that plays tough D and for the most part, mistake free O. You would know as a Steelers fan, that your team is playoff caliber, barring injuries, but in the back of your mind, you also know that you aren't getting to the big one either. I would rather a team not make the playoffs than consistently lose again, and again, and again in the playoffs year after year.

I couldn't take it. There's no mystery involved with the Steelers.

You're wrong. Cowher has changed considerably. This year they are very much a pass first and open up the field type of offense. Maddox + their WRs are their greatest strength. Their O-lines rush blocking is pretty weak too.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
You're wrong. Cowher has changed considerably. This year they are very much a pass first and open up the field type of offense. Maddox + their WRs are their greatest strength. Their O-lines rush blocking is pretty weak too.

So your telling me the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl? LOL! Cowher did change from a run first, to a pass first team which does give the Steelers a more explosive offense, mainly because Jerome Bettis just doesn't have it in him anymore to pound on teams for 4 straight quarters. But if you think the Steelers are going to finish any better than 10-6 to 11-5 and a win or two in the playoffs, then your crazy. Or maybe you should just go root for them instead.

KHinz57 09-09-2003 11:26 AM

First off it's never a good idea to come over from another board and start smack, especially when you really didn't play anybody and after the excellent first game we had.

Rausch 09-09-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

So your telling me the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl? LOL! Cowher did change from a run first, to a pass first team which does give the Steelers a more explosive offense, mainly because Jerome Bettis just doesn't have it in him anymore to pound on teams for 4 straight quarters. But if you think the Steelers are going to finish any better than 10-6 to 11-5 and a win or two in the playoffs, then your crazy. Or maybe you should just go root for them instead.

Lay off...He's got a good point. No reason to be so rude.

And I do cheer for them as well. Just not this week....

Baby Lee 09-09-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

I'm sure you are aware that Cowher actually has taken the Steelers to the Super Bowl. And considering there are AT MOST 4 games in the playoffs, "a win or two" is nothing to sneeze at. I'm no big fan of the Steelers, but I'm likewise no big fan of people denigrating a pedigree that is as respectablem enviable even, as Cowher's and the Steelers. It's just not realistic.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
Lay off...He's got a good point. No reason to be so rude.

And I do cheer for them as well. Just not this week....

Lay off? Don't be so rude? Where was I rude. I stated my opinion, he told me I was wrong, so I explained my opinion in detail a little more. The whole, root for them comment was made jokingly. Obviously if your on this board, your a big KC fan. I think you need to lighten up a little bit.

KC Jones 09-09-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

I'm not saying they're going to the SB, but I think they are good enough to have a chance to go. I'm just saying that you're wrong thinking this is the same type of Steelers team from Cowher's early years. Yes they still play a 3-4 and have a very good front seven, but their secondary is not what it once was. I think Maddox is a huge upgrade over Kordell, and they have some very dangerous WRs. Best of all they play in the weakest division. That alone will help them get into the playoffs - and maybe even home field advantage. This game could very much be a preview of the post season.

TRR 09-09-2003 11:33 AM

It's just my opinion, which I am entitled to. I would rather a team not go to the playoffs then see them lose season after season. It's a great accomplishment to be able to win consistantly enough to put your team into the playoffs each season, but at some point, you need to take that next step and win a Super Bowl. At some point, playoffs just don't cut it anymore. The Steelers and Cowher haven't been able to do that. And they won't be able to do that this season either. It doesn't matter what the O philosophy is.

I'm aware that Cowher led them to a Super Bowl. Only to let there fans and team down again as O'Donnell choked it away.