ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Andrew Luck Retires (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324643)

loochy 08-27-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14411727)
Yeah must have been so hard playing football with Tom Brady and making millions of dollars in the process. **** out of here with that bullshit.

No hate for Gronk though he retired and gave Pats plenty of time to adjust unlike Luck.

STFU. You know damn well if it was Alex Smith in place of Andrew Luck you'd be slobbering all over Alex and how he made the right decision.

chiefzilla1501 08-27-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14411693)
Yep and make sure he does it two-weeks before the start of the season. It's his life. No big deal.

Luck told them in March. He was either trying to make it work or the team pushed him to make it work. Or most likely... Both.

Megatron96 08-27-2019 02:06 PM

The more I think about this, the more I think it's not that big a deal.

Barry Sanders announced his retirement right before training camp, at 31.

Jim Brown retired abruptly at 29.

Calvin Johnson retired right before preseason, I think, at 30.

Gronk just retired at 29.

The list goes on.

Colts fans are going to be upset for awhile, but probably not nearly to the degree that Detroit fans and local Detroit media flipped out when Barry walked away from the Lions. They hated on Barry for years.

Mr. Plow 08-27-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14411736)
STFU. You know damn well if it was Alex Smith in place of Andrew Luck you'd be slobbering all over Alex and how he made the right decision.

No kidding. I'm curious why a Smith follower cares what the QB for the Colts does and when he does it. It has zero impact on him and the obsession with it is really weird.

Marcellus 08-27-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14411713)
I sat through Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel. I survived. I didn't enjoy it, but my life writ large wasn't materially impacted.

This argument is dumb.

You know what bummed me out for quite a while? When Derrick Thomas died. Not because he couldn't play football anymore because that reality had already sunk in a week or 2 before, but because the man died and he died young. Yea it was his own fault for not wearing a seatbelt but damn if didn't hit me hard.

This simply isn't that big of a deal. Dude has $100MM and is still going to live the rest of his life.

JimNasium 08-27-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14411770)
The more I think about this, the more I think it's not that big a deal.

Barry Sanders announced his retirement right before training camp, at 31.

Jim Brown retired abruptly at 29.

Calvin Johnson retired right before preseason, I think, at 30.

Gronk just retired at 29.

The list goes on.

Colts fans are going to be upset for awhile, but probably not nearly to the degree that Detroit fans and local Detroit media flipped out when Barry walked away from the Lions. They hated on Barry for years.

Wasn’t Robert Smith 28 when he retired from the Vikings?

New World Order 08-27-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14411736)

YEAH!!!!!!

Take that PAChiefDouche!

notorious 08-27-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 14411863)

Robert Smith is highly intelligent, and is probably in my top 3-5 sports commentator s.

He got his brain squashed and said **** it.

BossChief 08-27-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14412124)
Robert Smith is highly intelligent, and is probably in my top 3-5 sports commentator s.

He got his brain squashed and said **** it.

Iirc he was playing on 2 repaired acls too.

displacedinMN 08-27-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 14411863)

Claimed he was going to medical school.....then ended up on TV.

Red Dawg 08-27-2019 08:05 PM

Luck hosed them and kept 97 mil. He's an asshole and a selfish one. You could cut my arm off if you paid me 97 mil and he quits because he's tired of rehab? This is worse than Berry quitting on us.

FAX 08-27-2019 08:17 PM

The thing about gladiating that I never understood was if these guys ... you know ... knew each other outside the arena.

In the movies, they usually train together and share the same locker dungeon and stockade area and it's reasonable to assume that they also ate meals together and probably shared some good old-fashioned gladiation humor during off-hours.

Therefore, it's perfectly logical to assume that friendships were established among the gladiator bros. Yet, they're now supposed to draw straws or whatever in order to determine their opponent ... so they could wind up driving a Spatha right in their bestest buddy's eye socket. (Depending, of course, on the whole thumb thing and how that works out.)

According to Dante, betrayal of a friend gets you in a worse hell than murder or rape, so chopping a pal into bits for entertainment purposes seems particularly cruel.

FAX

FlorentinePogen 08-27-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14411693)
Yep and make sure he does it two-weeks before the start of the season. It's his life. No big deal.

Why are you so worked up over this? :huh:

Rausch 08-27-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14412271)
Luck hosed them and kept 97 mil. He's an asshole and a selfish one. You could cut my arm off if you paid me 97 mil and he quits because he's tired of rehab? This is worse than Berry quitting on us.

Perhaps he was tired of getting his ass kicked because the Colts couldn't care less about getting a line to protect him...

kysirsoze 08-27-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 14409742)
Luck signed a max deal that hand-cuffed the franchise. Athletes negotiate these outrageous contracts that chase off all of their skill players and put them in harms way with shit offensive lines...They're like unions that negotiate some pay raise that bankrupts the company.

A. Max deals don't exist in the NFL.

B. Mahomes will get the closest thing the NFL has ever seen to a max deal.

C. I will pleasure myself when he signs it.