ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Cap Space for 2020 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326677)

Chargem 11-14-2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14595199)
Ideally..

Trade Sammy for a 3rd. Use said 3rd on a WR

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I started scouting in 2003. This upcoming WR class is the best I&#39;ve ever seen.</p>&mdash; Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1194669081116303360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If the draft class looks amazing why would anyone give a 3 for Sammy, and not use their own 3 to get a WR?

The Franchise 11-14-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14595230)
If the draft class looks amazing why would anyone give a 3 for Sammy, and not use their own 3 to get a WR?

Look at how many dumb GMs there are in the league. All it takes is one to think that Watkins is that WR1 that they’re looking for and his injury history is a fluke.

I don’t think we’ll get a 3rd for him. I’d say we’d be lucky to get a 4th and I’m cutting him if we can’t get anything at all.

Tribal Warfare 11-15-2019 02:14 AM

Wisniewski is another viable on the Interior line. The kid is a technician and can block in space

DJ's left nut 11-15-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14597301)
Wisniewski is another viable on the Interior line. The kid is a technician and can block in space

"kid"

30 years old with 100 career starts.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see him brought back on the right deal. But my memory is that he's had some durability/consistency issues in the past and that's why he was still out there as a street FA.

I think I remember a fair amount of conversation here when the Raiders signed him and many were high on him as a replacement for Hudson, IIRC. He's got some ability. But I think I really like him in this sort of "your job if you can take it from someone" role more than relying on him as a starter.

DJ's left nut 11-15-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14595431)
Look at how many dumb GMs there are in the league. All it takes is one to think that Watkins is that WR1 that they’re looking for and his injury history is a fluke.

I don’t think we’ll get a 3rd for him. I’d say we’d be lucky to get a 4th and I’m cutting him if we can’t get anything at all.

Well the problem is that at least ONE of the GM's dumb enough to think he is a viable WR1 is off the table to make a deal with...

I mean apart from the guy that just keeps paying people for what he really hopes they'll become and not what history says they are, how many GMs out there have demonstrated a willingness to get burned by cock-teases like Sammy Watkins?

Unless Veach can find a way to clone himself and put the clone in charge of another team, we're gonna struggle to find a GM with the right combination of desperate and stupid to give us any real value for this spacey ****stick at this point.

BryanBusby 11-15-2019 09:33 AM

They can move Sammy for a pick. A lot of these teams about to draft a dumb young QB will want a vet like Sammy.

Tribal Warfare 11-15-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14597526)
"kid"

30 years old with 100 career starts.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see him brought back on the right deal. But my memory is that he's had some durability/consistency issues in the past and that's why he was still out there as a street FA.

I think I remember a fair amount of conversation here when the Raiders signed him and many were high on him as a replacement for Hudson, IIRC. He's got some ability. But I think I really like him in this sort of "your job if you can take it from someone" role more than relying on him as a starter.

I've said KC needs to get the best OL possible through all resources they can utilize.

I'm to the point that I'd be OK with an OG in the 1st round.

BryanBusby 11-15-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14597540)
I've said KC needs to get the best OL possible through all resources they can utilize.

I'm to the point that I'd be OK with an OG in the 1st round.

No way in hell. It's gonna have to be CB or bust.

Tribal Warfare 11-15-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14597549)
No way in hell. It's gonna have to be CB or bust.

Protect the PMII investment at all costs, OL and RB should be the main priority this offseason.

DJ's left nut 11-15-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14598239)
Protect the PMII investment at all costs, OL and RB should be the main priority this offseason.

Not sure it's a great interior line draft, to be honest. But that stuff kinda sorts itself out as the season progresses.

Feels a little like last year again; short on standout prospects but a shitload of pretty good ones, especially at WR and RB. T seems pretty decent as well so if a good one slides, I'd be fine grabbing one and using some G work as OTJ training to get him ready to replace Schwartz or Fisher going forward (and as a true swing-tackle to get the !@#$ rid of Erving).

BryanBusby 11-15-2019 04:07 PM

Would have to agree. Upgrading from Cam Erving is a priority, but hell that isn't hard to do.

I really liked what I saw from Rankin at LG and I would give him a real shot at the job if he can be 100% by Week 1 2020. I think they are ok at the tackle spots for right now and I wouldn't mind an upgrade at Center. Shortage of picks so far though. Most of Pats problems has been with a useless sack of ass at LT since Week 2.

Chargem 11-16-2019 04:29 AM

After watching Jones literally wreck plays on his own for a couple of weeks, I keep thinking it wouldn't be the end of the world if Pat didn't want to sign an extension until the new CBA and that left enough cash to re-sign Jones now.

Hopefully that leaves enough cash to bring back Ogbah, get a cheap veteran CB on a Claiborne type deal and then look to draft CB, LB, OL in pretty much whatever falls to our picks BPA situation.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-16-2019 10:00 AM

A stud 3-down LB is as big of a need as any imo.

That and CB will be key points next offseason.

Chris Meck 11-16-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14599433)
A stud 3-down LB is as big of a need as any imo.

That and CB will be key points next offseason.

I'm not saying it has to be round one, but we need to go OL early and often.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-16-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14599455)
I'm not saying it has to be round one, but we need to go OL early and often.

That’s a position where I take it if it’s BPA for sure R1, but I’m really looking for a LB or CB